* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#1441 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3707 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 15 May 2021 - 03:33 PM

Hey, does anyone use the PS5 Media Remote to control their TV?  It worked fine on my TCL Roku.  Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, usually not.  What gives?  

#1442 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3707 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 15 May 2021 - 03:35 PM

I was just joking, I didn't actually intend snark, although I see now it reads that way. 

As far as I can tell there are no improvements, it's just a native PS5 version. Framerates can be set to unlocked (without having to do it from the console and disabling trophies).

Reports are that it plays better than the PS4 version, but still tons of frame dropping and screen tearing. And it's actually a downgrade from the PS4 Pro version in terms of resolution. No save transfers from PS4 either, hopefully they'll be patched in. Apparently haptic feedback will be added for some tools later as well. 

I noticed it's 4gb PS5 version vs 12gb for the PS4.  Odd.  Will they fix the PS5 version, or will it always have lower resolution?  That's kind of lame.

#1443 CrepeNuts  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:46 PM

What are you guys talking about, you just download the Sony remote play program for PC and plug in a controller. You don't need to make this complicated.

If you want to play wireless via Bluetooth you’ll need a program. Plus it’s useful in other circumstances as well.

#1444 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11588 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:54 AM

What are you guys talking about, you just download the Sony remote play program for PC and plug in a controller. You don't need to make this complicated.

What I'm talking about is using an Xbox One controller connected to my PC to play stuff on my PS4 using the Remote Play software.  It's not that complicated.

#1445 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:00 PM

Check your target circle offers, just got an offer in the app for 10% off electronics/video games. Worked on a pre order for the new dual sense controller color. Grabbed a midnight black.

#1446 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:38 PM

Check your target circle offers, just got an offer in the app for 10% off electronics/video games. Worked on a pre order for the new dual sense controller color. Grabbed a midnight black.

Thanks for the heads-up. FYI for others it does not (for me at least) work on game preorders.

#1447 jmarano7836   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

jmarano7836

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:48 PM

Hey, does anyone use the PS5 Media Remote to control their TV? It worked fine on my TCL Roku. Now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, usually not. What gives?

Mine has been doing e same thing. I switched the Sony Batteries out that came with it which seemed to help a bit; but I think mine and the issue is from rest mode back to active and power cycling (off-on) seemed to help too.

#1448 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3707 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:58 PM

Mine has been doing e same thing. I switched the Sony Batteries out that came with it which seemed to help a bit; but I think mine and the issue is from rest mode back to active and power cycling (off-on) seemed to help too.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  After reading this, I swapped the batteries (was waiting for two to charge anyway).  It was either that or ... something else... and now it's back to working!  I'll keep the other suggestions in mind.  Maybe it is a firmware deal.  It is kind of a crappy remote.  Can't someone in Japan design a remote for Sony?  I don't remember any decent ones since PS2.

#1449 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:56 AM

Just ooc, is the DLC necessary for RE7 to continue to RE8 or can I skip that once I complete the main game (RE7)?

#1450 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13823 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:14 AM

Just ooc, is the DLC necessary for RE7 to continue to RE8 or can I skip that once I complete the main game (RE7)?

Just play the story DLC. They're short and won't take long. Not A Hero and End of Zoe.

They're not super required but they give some extra background.

#1451 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 02:16 PM

Just play the story DLC. They're short and won't take long. Not A Hero and End of Zoe.
They're not super required but they give some extra background.

Word will do

#1452 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  After reading this, I swapped the batteries (was waiting for two to charge anyway).  It was either that or ... something else... and now it's back to working!  I'll keep the other suggestions in mind.  Maybe it is a firmware deal.  It is kind of a crappy remote.  Can't someone in Japan design a remote for Sony?  I don't remember any decent ones since PS2.

I actually loved the PS3 official remote. It might have been sloppy in its layout, but it worked awesomely.

The PS4 semi-offical remote crapped the bed on me within a few months use. They took something that wasn't broke and ruined it.

#1453 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:01 PM

Couldn't find the offer in my Circle--plenty of deodorant and dishwasher pods though! I guess probably because the last game I bought was MG Survive for $15 2 years ago on Black Friday. (And yes, I had fun playing it!)

#1454 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:03 PM

Couldn't find the offer in my Circle--plenty of deodorant and dishwasher pods though! I guess probably because the last game I bought was MG Survive for $15 2 years ago on Black Friday. (And yes, I had fun playing it!)

Apparently it was sent out to those with a red card, not sure if everyone with a red card got it or not.

#1455 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6329 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

Apparently it was sent out to those with a red card, not sure if everyone with a red card got it or not.

Definitely targeted promo as per usual 

Dish washer pods?  That's different.  Or are they just the detergent but in a dissolvable packaging that goes inside the soap cube/powder and such tray? As it would be weird to use them like you do laundry pods. 

edit I just got the email about the 10% so I guess they are slowly rolling them out?

#1456 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:38 PM

Definitely targeted promo as per usual 

Dish washer pods?  That's different.  Or are they just the detergent but in a dissolvable packaging that goes inside the soap cube/powder and such tray? As it would be weird to use them like you do laundry pods. 

since a few of us here have red card and didn't get one. 

I use dishwasher pods lol

Things are great

#1457 RiPPn  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:00 PM

I use dishwasher pods lol

Things are great

FYI: If you use dishwasher pods, make sure you also buy some liquid soap for the prerinse part of the soap dispenser or your dishes aren't getting clean.  The pods are great but locked until the main wash meaning the prerinse is just water and not doing it's job.  Found this out last year and our dishes come out way cleaner, talking day and night.

#1458 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3707 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:11 PM

I actually loved the PS3 official remote. It might have been sloppy in its layout, but it worked awesomely.

The PS4 semi-offical remote crapped the bed on me within a few months use. They took something that wasn't broke and ruined it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.  I liked it too!  I didn't mind that it had a million buttons.  The PS5 remote is actually missing buttons it should have.  If it were some kind of drive for simplicity, that would be okay, but in that case, they absolutely effed up the layout.  It is better than the PS4 remote tho, I think, by quite a bit.  

I guess the PS3 remote was my favorite after all.  :(

#1459 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:37 PM

Days of Play 2021 sale coming on May 26th and ending on June 9th.

Here are (some) of the games that Sony has listed: 

PS4: 

• Death Stranding
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • The Last of Us Part II

PS5: 

• Demon's Souls
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
  • The Nioh Collection

#1460 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10561 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:42 PM

First sales on some PS5 games which is nice. Depending on the price will get The Nioh Collection.

#1461 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2283 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 May 2021 - 02:51 PM

Days of Play 2021 sale coming on May 26th and ending on June 9th.

Here are (some) of the games that Sony has listed: 

PS4: 

• Death Stranding
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • The Last of Us Part II

PS5: 

• Demon's Souls
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition
  • The Nioh Collection

I'd like to play Sackboy at some point, but that game is practically screaming "PS Plus game" in the near future.

#1462 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:31 PM

I'd like to play Sackboy at some point, but that game is practically screaming "PS Plus game" in the near future.

If you look at launch platform games. It took Knack over 4 years to hit PS Plus. What makes you think Sony is going to put Sackboy on Plus so soon? 

#1463 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:45 PM

I would expect to see something like The Pathless or an upgraded Death Stranding on PS Plus long before Sackboy.

#1464 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2283 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:05 PM

If you look at launch platform games. It took Knack over 4 years to hit PS Plus. What makes you think Sony is going to put Sackboy on Plus so soon? 

First party, not really a standout game among the launch games, I doubt sales are really high for it anymore.  Knack was one of the headline games for the PS4 among the launch lineup.  I could be wrong, but if I were deciding for Sony, it would be one I would be willing to sacrifice to PS Plus - good enough to generate attention and goodwill, but not something that really drives sales.

#1465 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   872 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:18 PM

First party, not really a standout game among the launch games, I doubt sales are really high for it anymore.  Knack was one of the headline games for the PS4 among the launch lineup.  I could be wrong, but if I were deciding for Sony, it would be one I would be willing to sacrifice to PS Plus - good enough to generate attention and goodwill, but not something that really drives sales.

It mirrors Knack's situation in just about every way except reviews. Sack boy has gotten universally good reviews. I can't find anything on sales for Sack boy (or Demon's Souls for that matter), but Knack sold enough for a sequel to be created. I just think you're going to be waiting a long time for it to possibly hit PS Plus.

#1466 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2283 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

It mirrors Knack's situation in just about every way except reviews. Sack boy has gotten universally good reviews. I can't find anything on sales for Sack boy (or Demon's Souls for that matter), but Knack sold enough for a sequel to be created. I just think you're going to be waiting a long time for it to possibly hit PS Plus.

Possibly, but I'm willing to wait for it.  If it is a couple years so be it, lots of stuff in the backlog.  It wasn't advice to others that are interested in playing it now, just personal view.

#1467 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2878 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 May 2021 - 05:53 PM

First party, not really a standout game among the launch games, I doubt sales are really high for it anymore. Knack was one of the headline games for the PS4 among the launch lineup. I could be wrong, but if I were deciding for Sony, it would be one I would be willing to sacrifice to PS Plus - good enough to generate attention and goodwill, but not something that really drives sales.

Sackboy was easily one of the standout launch games for me. One of the best platformers of the last few years.

#1468 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 18 May 2021 - 06:17 PM

Plus it’s one of the best games of all time. We’re talking about sack boy which is nowhere near knacks level

#1469 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2021 - 12:33 AM

Watch us get Godfall...

#1470 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2283 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:13 AM

Watch us get Godfall...

I'm sure that one is coming, too.  I already got it for free on PC along with a video card I bought and it was thoroughly generic.