Bankai! Zutto Futari Wa Sannin No Anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaykrue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
In case you wanna know, that's my piss poor attempt at japanese saying 'Bankai! The Two Paired 3rd Anime Topic Always!'

EDIT: naruto 149 out by Dattebayo! Get it now biatchez!!!!:cool:

[quote name='jaykrue']
EDIT: naruto 149 out by Dattebayo! Get it now biatchez!!!!:cool:[/QUOTE]

actually that was posted in the last thread, get with the program u lazy bastard

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's actually the 6th, but I'll forgive you this time. ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

How is it the 6th? I've been lead to believe sannin means '3 of something' since counting wise (ich, nee, san = 1,2,3) so.... and zutto always or all the time.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']actually that was posted in the last thread, get with the program u lazy bastard[/QUOTE]

Poo, I didn't see your post since I just skimmed over the thread. I didn't see dattebayo or 149. Bleh.

[quote name='jaykrue']How is it the 6th? I've been lead to believe sannin means '3 of something' since counting wise (ich, nee, san = 1,2,3) so.... and zutto always or all the time.[/QUOTE]

I think that he means that it's technically the sixth topic, even though this is only the third all encompassing anime topic. The first three were Naruto only, until I started making Bleach come into it.

[quote name='karsh']I think that he means that it's technically the sixth topic, even though this is only the third all encompassing anime topic. The first three were Naruto only, until I started making Bleach come into it.[/QUOTE]

oh, ok. I thought I mistranslated something. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']How is it the 6th? I've been lead to believe sannin means '3 of something' since counting wise (ich, nee, san = 1,2,3) so.... and zutto always or all the time.[/QUOTE]
The Naruto topics that turned into the Anime Topics are just the evolved forms of this current version of these threads. Since Naruto is an anime, much to the chagrin of the Naruto haters, they were anime threads. Pretty much what Karsh said, just with me posting it. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Naruto topics that turned into the Anime Topics are just the evolved forms of this current version of these threads. Since Naruto is an anime, much to the chagrin of the Naruto haters, they were anime threads. Pretty much what Karsh said, just with me posting it. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hehehe, ok then try this title out. *changes title*

Dammit...I finally decide to switch who I get my Bleach episodes from, and now they're taking as long as Lunar. Why can't I just win? Cause "watashi ha kyozetsu-suru" Hell-Sub's ones...They're apparently so horrible...

[quote name='jaykrue']Hehehe, ok then try this title out. *changes title*[/QUOTE]

I don't speak Japanese!!
94hjapan5.jpg

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']way to cave in to peer pressure[/QUOTE]

Meh, it's a title, no big. *shrugs*

[quote name='JSweeney']I don't speak Japanese!!
94hjapan5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause: and in case you weren't kidding, look at the first post again.

[quote name='karsh']Dammit...I finally decide to switch who I get my Bleach episodes from, and now they're taking as long as Lunar. Why can't I just win? Cause "watashi ha kyozetsu-suru" Hell-Sub's ones...They're apparently so horrible...[/QUOTE]

I do like what hell-subs are doing though. It's about time everyone started to move to mkv. I wasn't convinced it's a good format until I saw the hi-res mkv version of Ichigo Mashimaro and Kamichu! as well as Bleach... but Hell's subbing is still sub-par.

[quote name='jaykrue']blah, 149 = boring

Too much exposition but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It IS a filler arc.[/QUOTE]

u get the motherload of cleavage in the episode's defense

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']u get the motherload of cleavage in the episode's defense[/QUOTE]

Bleh. It didn't use enough cleavage to save the episode, I think. The cleavage scenario with Konohamaru was funnier.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Says the one who anticipates Advent Children. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey man that's not anime, it's high-quality Computer Generated Graphics reflecting upon a classic video game's complexion regarding an intricate sotryline and broad, deep characters.

Well...I hope that, for once, Animenewsnetwork is wrong about Naruto voices. According to that, Brianne Siddall is gonna do Naruto's voice. She was Tsukasa in all of the .hack stuff, between //SIGN and the games. Also, she was Jr. in Xenosaga I and II and Mithos in Tales of Symphonia. I just don't see it. She has a more laid back voice, where Naruto obviously needs more energy.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey man that's not anime, it's high-quality Computer Generated Graphics reflecting upon a classic video game's complexion regarding an intricate sotryline and broad, deep characters.[/QUOTE]

... modeled after a game whose CG artwork was based from a japanese artist's conceptual work which has a distinctly manga/anime touch (big eyes, simplistic body design, etc.). Well, if that isn't anime, it sure as hell is pretty damn close.:lol:

[quote name='karsh']Well...I hope that, for once, Animenewsnetwork is wrong about Naruto voices. According to that, Brianne Siddall is gonna do Naruto's voice. She was Tsukasa in all of the .hack stuff, between //SIGN and the games. Also, she was Jr. in Xenosaga I and II and Mithos in Tales of Symphonia. I just don't see it. She has a more laid back voice, where Naruto obviously needs more energy.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you could cast it, who would you choose? I'm not that familiar with american VA's so I don't know names but I watch a lot of animation (both american/foreign) so I'd still recognize the voice.

[quote name='jaykrue']... modeled after a game whose CG artwork was based from a japanese artist's conceptual work which has a distinctly manga/anime touch (big eyes, simplistic body design, etc.). Well, if that isn't anime, it sure as hell is pretty damn close.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Um man are you like high?

SquareSoft isn't even BASED around anime! The character concepts are detailed, and plus they don't even have such big eyes you know!

SHEESH AM I THE ONLY SMART PIMPING NINJA/PIRATE COOL GUY AROUND HERE?!?! :cry:

[quote name='Moxio']Um man are you like high?

SquareSoft isn't even BASED around anime! The character concepts are detailed, and plus they don't even have such big eyes you know!

SHEESH AM I THE ONLY SMART PIMPING NINJA/PIRATE COOL GUY AROUND HERE?!?! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Read my post again:

[quote name='jaykrue']... modeled after a game whose CG artwork was based from a japanese artist's conceptual work which has a distinctly manga/anime touch (big eyes, simplistic body design, etc.). Well, if that isn't anime, it sure as hell is pretty damn close.[/QUOTE] :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']Well, if you could cast it, who would you choose? I'm not that familiar with american VA's so I don't know names but I watch a lot of animation (both american/foreign) so I'd still recognize the voice.[/QUOTE]

See, there's the problem....I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Vic Mignona could pull it off (Ed from FMA)...I'm not entirely sure how well, but at least he can be energetic when need be. I'm just not sure at all. Jr and Tsukasa are just so laid back...Maybe Wendee Lee, though I'm not sure how well she could pull it off either. She did Yahiko in Kenshin's dub voice, and his character is one where energy is important. Maybe we should just give it to some 14 year old kid and hop him up on sugar.

finalfantasy7frenchfron2dz.jpg

Looks pretty animesque to me. Even if the models for the movie are using the character model from Spirits Within, it can still fall under the purview of anime as, according to one google definition:

[size=-1]The Japanese contraction and pronunciation of the English word animation. Anime refers to traditional hand painted cel animation, but also applies to animation created in part or in whole by Computers.

www.dhp-online.com/jaz/dictionarytext.html

[/size][quote name='karsh']See, there's the problem....I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Vic Mignona could pull it off (Ed from FMA)...I'm not entirely sure how well, but at least he can be energetic when need be. I'm just not sure at all. Jr and Tsukasa are just so laid back...Maybe Wendee Lee, though I'm not sure how well she could pull it off either. She did Yahiko in Kenshin's dub voice, and his character is one where energy is important. Maybe we should just give it to some 14 year old kid and hop him up on sugar.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad the japanese VA can't speak American-accented English because I can't picture anyone (except maybe a 10 yr old boy off his ritalin) talk in that voice.

[quote name='Moxio']Um man are you like high?

SHEESH AM I THE ONLY SMART PIMPING NINJA/PIRATE COOL GUY AROUND HERE?!?! :cry:[/QUOTE]
Anime is japanese animation, where Sqaure is Japanese and Advent Children is animation, albeit computer animation. The only pirate I see is a butt pirate, which is you.

[quote name='karsh']Jr and Tsukasa are just so laid back...Maybe Wendee Lee, though I'm not sure how well she could pull it off either. She did Yahiko in Kenshin's dub voice, and his character is one where energy is important. Maybe we should just give it to some 14 year old kid and hop him up on sugar.[/QUOTE]
... What do Jr. and Tsukasa have to do with Wendee Lee?

[quote name='Moxio']Hey man that's not anime, it's high-quality Computer Generated Graphics reflecting upon a classic video game's complexion regarding an intricate sotryline and broad, deep characters.[/QUOTE]
Dude, Vincent is *anything* but broad and deep.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey you guys are all jumping on me! :cry;

I can be cool too![/QUOTE]
You don't belong in this topic, so leave before you cry a river and then we get pissed and kill you. ;) :lol: :twisted:

[quote name='Moxio']Hey you guys are all jumping on me! :cry;

I can be cool too![/QUOTE]

Well, it's one of my foibles. Whenever someone tells me I'm wrong and I know I'm not, I go out of my way to prove it. If I am wrong, I'll be gracious and admit I was wrong.

The official voice actors for the US Naruto anime:

Steven Jay Blum as Kakashi
Voiced Spike in Cowboy Bebop.

Johnny Yong Bosch as Naruto
Adam of Power Rangers fame. Also voiced Vash the Stampede.

Mark Hildreth as Sasuke
Don't know?

Rachael Lillis as Sakura
Voiced Misty and Jessie from Pokemon

Steve Kramer as Sarutobi (The Third Hokage)
Don't know?

Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Ino and Konohamaru
Don't know?

Stephanie Sheh as Hinata
Don't know?

Eric Stuart as Gaara
Voiced Brock and James from Pokemon.

[quote name='jmcc']The official voice actors for the US Naruto anime:

Mark Hildreth as Sasuke
Don't know?

Rachael Lillis as Sakura

Don't know?

Don't know?

Stephanie Sheh as Hinata
Don't know?

Eric Stuart as Gaara
Voiced Brock and James from Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I thought these were still rumors (except for Steve Blum)?

[quote name='jaykrue']I thought these were still rumors (except for Steve Blum)?[/QUOTE]

No, they're confirmed.

[quote name='jmcc']The official voice actors for the US Naruto anime:

Mark Hildreth as Sasuke
Don't know?

Rachael Lillis as Sakura

Don't know?

Don't know?

Stephanie Sheh as Hinata
Don't know?

Eric Stuart as Gaara
Voiced Brock and James from Pokemon.[/QUOTE]
Damn you. Now we're gonna get bitched at again by Kirin.

I know you are all Naruto addicts, but I have weaned myself off of anime series onto solely anime movies.

With that in mind. Has anyone seen Howl's Moving Castle? I personally thought it was Miyazaki's best (which is very easy to tell with him since he only tells 2 stories).

[quote name='Tromack']I know you are all Naruto addicts, but I have weaned myself off of anime series onto solely anime movies.

With that in mind. Has anyone seen Howl's Moving Castle? I personally thought it was Miyazaki's best (which is very easy to tell with him since he only tells 2 stories).[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that Howl was based on a book by some English bird.

[quote name='Tromack']I know you are all Naruto addicts, but I have weaned myself off of anime series onto solely anime movies.

With that in mind. Has anyone seen Howl's Moving Castle? I personally thought it was Miyazaki's best (which is very easy to tell with him since he only tells 2 stories).[/QUOTE]

Howl's is ok but I'm more inclined to Mononoke or Spirited Away for my Miyazaki fix.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Howl's Moving Castle is great, but you should watch Pom Poko as well. ;)[/QUOTE]

"...features a truly baffling number of raccoon scrotums." Best line from a review EVER.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Where are they confirmed at besides IMDB?[/QUOTE]

Ya, this is the reason why I don't think the voices are confirmed. IMDB isn't the most reliable source on upcoming films/shows. They do pretty good on stuff that's already out however.

[quote name='jmcc']Wags must be monkeying with the official list. Curse them! They ruined wikipedia and now they're trying to get IMDB, too![/QUOTE]

Yup. It's for shit like that makes me not trust IMDB anymore. I remember seeing in Kevin Kline's credits "also known as Jaime Lee Curtis" I was like WTF? The guy in the movie Dave is also the chick in True Lies??? It's since been fixed.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... What do Jr. and Tsukasa have to do with Wendee Lee?[/QUOTE]

Jr. and Tsukasa were voiced by the person ANN has voicing Naruto. I was saying how they're much more laid back character wise, and I don't think that's a good voice actress for Naruto, unless she can apparently do extremely energetic. I then mentioned Wendee Lee MIGHT be a good choice for Naruto. Two entirely seperate thought processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back