Trauma Center discussion

A

Apossum

Anyone got it yet? post some impressions... I have to wait for saver shipping from EB, unfortunately.

I just got back with it from EB, and holy snikes is it awesome. I can not put it down. Its very intense later on when you need to do some of the operations at a faster pace. Amazing game.

ya know, i've decided to bite the bullet and trade in some stuff to get it right now. I don't wanna wait 10 days :)

so its a definite must buy??? i rented it online and its coming tomorrow.....but if everyone is excited bout this, i might go to eb games today and pick it up.

It is a definate buy in my opinion. I havent put it down since I got home. Im somewhat suck on a certain surgery right now where I have to remove multiple tumors from a patients intestine. Its inflamed in multiple places, so first you have to inject some junk into him in about 6 places to get the inflamation down, then proceed to locate the tumors with ultrasound. When you find one you have to cut the skin open to get to it, then drain the fluid from the tumor to make it smaller. Then you cut the actual tumor out with the scapel and clean the wound, sealing it with a protien patch.

There are 4 tumors so you have to do that 4 times, and then stitch the patient up in a certain amount of time before they die. It is fuck-in awesome. :D

I'm a few operations after the discovery of my "healing touch."

This is an awesome game. The operations are just complex enough to really make it a challenge, and performing under pressure really heightens the experience. When I make a cut, the sounds and graphics make it seem very realistic and visceral. After the preliminary operations, the story really picks up and you get thrown into operations with sudden twists and turns, and it really makes for tense sessions. The medical jargon they use is quite well written and diverse, and makes the game even more immersive. Operations are varied, on arms, hearts, spleens, throats, and intestines. When I save the patient after grueling surgery, it feels really good. But that is usually after I laugh about killing him 20 times prior haha.

Highly recommended.

Are there any reviews published yet? I'm starting to ttihnk I might have to get Trauma Center AND Castlevania... there goes my savings on the gift card for Mario Kart

Ended up picking it up with some store credit. Just did the first mission with the new nurse and I'm having a blast so far!

I'm thinking about picking up this game even though i don't have a DS. i'm going to get one soon, i'm just worried about it not being available by the time i buy one. should i do this, or should i just wait?

Muahahaha! It's MINE!!! Stopped after school today and it had just come in. Don't know when I'm going to have time to play it, though :/ I wanted to make sure and get it fast, though, since so many seem to think it will be hard to find in the future.

Ash

I picked it up too, its an awesome game. I got both this and castlevania, and I haven't touched Castlevania yet, if that says anything.

[quote name='Robobandit']I picked it up too, its an awesome game. I got both this and castlevania, and I haven't touched Castlevania yet, if that says anything.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I havent even opened Castlevania. :D

Yeah, I'm getting it. If nothing else, it'll be a "See, this is what can be done with a touch screen" game to show people who doubt the DS. ;)

Seriously, though, I'll get this and Castlevania by Friday; if it really does nothing for me, CAGers will get first crack at it, as always. :)

daroga

I wasn't very interested in this game, but it's caught my eye as of late. I'm still waiting for Hastings to get Castlevania in so I can use my damn gift card. Those douchebags.

Bought it on the way home from work at GC. Its a lot of fun, youve got to be quick on your toes as far as thinking of what to do next. Ive just started to get into the more difficult surgeries, and the time limits make it more of a rush.
Theres also a nice sense of satisfaction after you suture that last hole up.

bestbuy doesnt have it yet....ended up getting a tivo instead and wasting the night trying to connect it thru a vonage phone line.

anyways, i'll skip work tomorrow just to pick this up. i'll call in sick due to medical reasons.

[quote name='gizmogc']Got boh Castlevania and this game today. Both rock! Im only 3-4 operations in, but so far, I LOVE it![/QUOTE]

Same here. My only complaint is that both games are too damn good! Okay, I suppose that’s not much of a complaint at all.

Trauma Center is an excellent game for those of us looking for something a little different in the way of gaming experiences. Truthfully, this is the kind of game I bought a DS for. Somehow Atlus managed to make the sound design and graphics of the surgical procedures work with the soap opera anime style of the storytelling.

This game is sort of like the toro sashimi – it’s little and unassuming and Japanese and looks kind of funny. But try it! You’ll probably like it. :D

[quote name='Darwin23']bestbuy doesnt have it yet....ended up getting a tivo instead and wasting the night trying to connect it thru a vonage phone line.

anyways, i'll skip work tomorrow just to pick this up. i'll call in sick due to medical reasons.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is going to have it in Friday... I asked when I bought Castlevania, it's coming on the truck tonight and will be on the shelves tommorrow morning (Friday).

Can't wait to get it for 19.99 :D

[quote name='rodeojones903']It is a definate buy in my opinion. I havent put it down since I got home. Im somewhat suck on a certain surgery right now where I have to remove multiple tumors from a patients intestine. Its inflamed in multiple places, so first you have to inject some junk into him in about 6 places to get the inflamation down, then proceed to locate the tumors with ultrasound. When you find one you have to cut the skin open to get to it, then drain the fluid from the tumor to make it smaller. Then you cut the actual tumor out with the scapel and clean the wound, sealing it with a protien patch.

There are 4 tumors so you have to do that 4 times, and then stitch the patient up in a certain amount of time before they die. It is fuck-in awesome. :D[/QUOTE]

Your post just sold the game for me.

So, how much does it cost. I'll pick this up next time I get the chance.

Does it bother anyone else that the instruction book for Trauma Center contains the warning "Please do not attempt any of the operations from this game in real life."?

Damn… and I was just getting ready to drain the cytoplasm. :D

[quote name='1modernboy']Does it bother anyone else that the instruction book for Trauma Center contains the warning "Please do not attempt any of the operations from this game in real life."?

Damn… and I was just getting ready to drain the cytoplasm. :D[/QUOTE]

and the definitions in the back of the instructions are not meant as a substitute for a medical education. :lol:

Has anyone received something over a "C" rank? This game is really challenging in a good way :)

btw, this game is amazing and everyone should own it.

I've gotten A ranks, B ranks, C ranks and 1 S rank (master surgeon). Most of the times I do one for the first time I get C, though. Then I go back and up my ranking in the challenge mode :)

For those of you that have had the game for a few hours worth of play, does it offer a lot of replay value? Can you see yourself playing the game once you play through all the missions?

[quote name='TUBAPRO1']For those of you that have had the game for a few hours worth of play, does it offer a lot of replay value? Can you see yourself playing the game once you play through all the missions?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I wanna get S marks on every operation :) I could see myself putting it down for a while, but always coming back every once in a while.....until the sequel *crosses fingers*

Anyone know how many chapters there are?

Not sure.. I've heard the game lasts 6-8 hrs.. or there are about 40 operations. that means challenge mode going for that S rank on everything could keep you busy for a while

Can't wait to pick up this game tomorrow. I called BB today and they said it was in stock, but it wasn't on the shelves so I asked one of the employees who said it was still in back so they couldn't sell it. I guess in the computer the release date says 10-7 so they can't sell it before that or they'll be fined. If so that sucks, but I picked up Castlevania from the same store last night, a different employee just went back and grabbe one out of the boxes. I guess I just got a really uptight employee.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Can't wait to pick up this game tomorrow. I called BB today and they said it was in stock, but it wasn't on the shelves so I asked one of the employees who said it was still in back so they couldn't sell it. I guess in the computer the release date says 10-7 so they can't sell it before that or they'll be fined. If so that sucks, but I picked up Castlevania from the same store last night, a different employee just went back and grabbe one out of the boxes. I guess I just got a really uptight employee.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a new guy who was just playing it safe so he could keep his job. ::shrug::

I love it so far, although, I'm stuck on this one surgery that I've tried about 15 times now...it's a guy with a bunch of anurisms on his intestinal wall...something like that. I can't get past it even with the healing touch! but I still love the game, I keep replaying the previous surgeries to try and beat previous scores.

How long of a game is it? I see so many people saying this is a great game but I dont want to run out and get it if its a really short game.

[quote name='Apossum']and the definitions in the back of the instructions are not meant as a substitute for a medical education. :lol:

Has anyone received something over a "C" rank? This game is really challenging in a good way :)

btw, this game is amazing and everyone should own it.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about the "C" rank thing myself. I was thinking that maybe higher ranks were really unlikely in the first few levels, but I have a much easier time believing that I'm just a shoddy surgeon. :)

Just to let all you peeps know, Best Buy got this in today... the local store here had about 5 copies on the shelf.

I told myself I'm buying this, Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart DS, and Popolocrois until the end of the year and thats it, but I can't even find any retailer in my city who knows this exists >.

If you guys want the game, get it now.. it's rumored to have a pretty low production run (suprise suprise, it IS an Atlus game).. i've only seen it in one store so far and I immediately put it on hold..

That's what I was worried about. I can't name an Atlus game that isn't worth anything. Maybe Dual Hearts, that game was horrible and worth like $6, but I'm not 100% sure its by Atlus anyway. Bad Zelda ripoff with insane slowdown and the worst voices on the planet.

Anyways, if it ends up not coming to my city, anyone want to pick me up one of those $22.99 Fry ones, I'll pay like...$31 US total for it?

[quote name='LaseK']That's what I was worried about. I can't name an Atlus game that isn't worth anything. Maybe Dual Hearts, that game was horrible and worth like $6, but I'm not 100% sure its by Atlus anyway. Bad Zelda ripoff with insane slowdown and the worst voices on the planet.

Anyways, if it ends up not coming to my city, anyone want to pick me up one of those $22.99 Fry ones, I'll pay like...$31 US total for it?[/QUOTE]

Why not just order it from gamstop then. :D Use code freeshipall for free shipping and you save a dollar.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180064

[quote name='LaseK']
Anyways, if it ends up not coming to my city, anyone want to pick me up one of those $22.99 Fry ones, I'll pay like...$31 US total for it?[/QUOTE]

It's coming, as long as you have a Gamestop / EB / Best Buy in your area. The local Best Buy got in more copies of Trauma Center then Castlevania, actually.

This reminds me of when everyone got worked up because they thought Nanostray would be rare as well.

Picked this up for 20 and Castlevania up for 25 at Best Buy today--they had Castlevania out, but Trauma Center was still in the back. The coupon is nice!

bread's done
Back