Arizona Minions, RISE!

GTmaster39

CAGiversary!
Thought it would be nice to have our very own thread. It would also be nice to meet up with one another and play some games, or go on some cag deal hunts.

Favorite spot for trades and classic and current game titles & hardware. Everything from Atari to PS3.

new-bookmans-logo.jpg

www.bookmans.com

Locations:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...33.815666,-111.84082&spn=8.28405,12.65625&z=6

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GTmaster39']Thought it would be nice to have our very own thread. It would also be nice to meet up with one another and play some games, or go on some cag deal hunts.[/QUOTE]I lived in Tuscon from '77-'82!

[quote name='jesta2817']I'm at ASU main. But I go back to Glendale/Peoria on the weekends[/QUOTE]
What the name of that spot near campus? ______ Square I think. I went there when I visited my friend. Hooters, Clubbin, babes... :drool:. I need to go again.

[quote name='jesta2817']I'm at ASU main. But I go back to Glendale/Peoria on the weekends[/QUOTE]

I go to ASU main to visit friends and stuff. Usually I'm just lurking at the Phi Kappa Psi house. I wish I was in a frat, seems kind of fun.

[quote name='DT778']What the name of that spot near campus? ______ Square I think. I went there when I visited my friend. Hooters, Clubbin, babes... :drool:. I need to go again.[/QUOTE]

I don't know any place with square in the name but there's a Hooter's on Mill ave.

To GTmaster: Man those frats are in walking distance of all the good stuff. I live in the Barrett Honors right across from Gammage. We have the most deplorable living coniditions ever.

[quote name='jesta2817']I don't know any place with square in the name but there's a Hooter's on Mill ave.

To GTmaster: Man those frats are in walking distance of all the good stuff. I live in the Barrett Honors right across from Gammage. We have the most deplorable living coniditions ever.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the house I frequent is being rebuilt. Its a dilapidated shithole, but the freedom ohhhhh the freedom!

Scottsdale here. I'm sure some of you will hate me, but I used to work for Parking at ASU, heh heh. I left there a year ago, don't worry.

[quote name='MrSneis']Bookmans![/QUOTE]

Which one?! My stoming grounds is the one at 19th and Northern. I never shop their unless I have a gut feeling. So far I've gotten every NGPC game I've ever wanted, and its helped me find a couple DC games I've never been able to find.

I'm in Chandler periodically.... I'll be scoping deals for you guys when I can.

Phoenix, Arizona... I hear they chop a lot of game like down in California.

I've built my entire Sega collection from bookmans, Master system, sega CD, genesis, saturn, dreamcast. I go to both the mesa and phoenix ones though. Anyone know when our apple stores will get the new ipods?

Figure I should stop in here, being in Scottsdale and all. I need to go to Bookman's again someday... I haven't been there in several months, even though I'm right by one every Wed. night when I go to the Atomic Comics in Mesa.

j0! Hmm... I've never been to a Bookmans store before, but I guess I'll have to visit one. ;)

Oh, Atomic Comics... I just discovered that store a couple of weeks ago, they had some great stuff. I was very tempted in purchasing some of the Final Fantasy: Advent Children figures they had.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Which one?! My stoming grounds is the one at 19th and Northern. I never shop their unless I have a gut feeling. So far I've gotten every NGPC game I've ever wanted, and its helped me find a couple DC games I've never been able to find.[/QUOTE]
What's a Bookmans and where are they at?

Frisky go to: http://www.bookmans.com/ and you will find everything you need.

Anybody interested in getting together to play some games on the weekend? My friend and I are looking to get a DS group going. I need some competition in Bomberman and Meteos. We also play a lot of Gamecube as well. Were playing X-Men Legends now and Super Monkey Ball 2.

Being in Tucson im obviously excluded from all good deals ( most of which will happen at Fry's of course) so I hate you all. :(

[quote name='pthagonal']Being in Tucson im obviously excluded from all good deals ( most of which will happen at Fry's of course) so I hate you all. :([/QUOTE]

Fry's Electronics is right down the street from me. I think I might just go there today. :lol:

im livin in gilbert... anyone know any place where i can buy a load of dreamcast stuff, i grew up on it and im DYING to buy another system becasue i traded mine away awhile ago.. gamecrazy maybe?

go to ebgames, they are having half off of old games and you might be able to find some dreamcast games. Also gamecrazy is having 3 for $15 classic deal, and some dreamcast games are still left.

Chandler over here. I'll keep this tread updated on any good deals I find. Gamecrazy has a buy 2 get 1 free on all new games under 18.99 on thomas and 44st.

[quote name='dreamvsps2']I live in Phoenix. Near Metro aka Gettho Center[/QUOTE]

No way man, Christown Mall has is the worst. I work at the Costco right next to it. It's a pretty scary place...... I've never been afraid of walking in a mall before, but that one takes the cake.

At least Metro has lights inside of it.

[quote name='GTmaster39']No way man, Christown Mall has is the worst. I work at the Costco right next to it. It's a pretty scary place...... I've never been afraid of walking in a mall before, but that one takes the cake.

At least Metro has lights inside of it.[/QUOTE]

True True. Me and my friends were camping there for the 360 and 99% of the shoppers were mexicans. ( nothing against mexicans. just saying)

I don't mean to invade the AZ thread (I currently live in NoVA) but my wife and I are thinking of moving to Arizona (around the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Chandler area). We're actually going to be in Arizona on Christmas and the week after so I was hoping you guys could tell me which areas are nicer and which areas to avoid when we look at places to live. The areas/streets won't mean anything to me right now but if I write them all down when I'm there I'll see if I can recognize any of them.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

[quote name='bradr']I don't mean to invade the AZ thread (I currently live in NoVA) but my wife and I are thinking of moving to Arizona (around the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Chandler area). We're actually going to be in Arizona on Christmas and the week after so I was hoping you guys could tell me which areas are nicer and which areas to avoid when we look at places to live. The areas/streets won't mean anything to me right now but if I write them all down when I'm there I'll see if I can recognize any of them.
Thanks for any help you can offer.[/QUOTE]

I live in Phoenix, they have some nice areas if youre willing to drop down some cash, and Snobbsdale is well....... full of well incomed people.

As for you coming down for Christmas, bring a t-shirt and some sunscreen.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I live in Phoenix, they have some nice areas if youre willing to drop down some cash, and Snobbsdale is well....... full of well incomed people.

As for you coming down for Christmas, bring a t-shirt and some sunscreen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I don't burn too much but my wife does so I'll be sure to get some at the duty free shop. To make things worse, we'll have a convertible rental because it was the only thing left available. A lot of people seem to hate Scottsdale from what I've heard. If they're really that bad there, I think we'll not consider it. Maybe Gilbert. Well, time for bed, have to be at the airport by 5am. Have a great holiday.

i live in gilbert and tempe. they're both awesome places to live. i personally like gilbert better.
------------

was wondering if anyone could tell me the best pawn shops around gilbert, mesa, dobson, tempe area. right now i'm going to 2 random ones in tempe and dobson and i just found one semi pawn shop called rockaway in dobson.

i'm not looking to trade crap in i'm looking to buy cool random games/electronics.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']What up AZ. I'm in Tucson here. If anyone wants to play fighting games in Tucson PM me.[/QUOTE]

no Lou! no cares about fighters here in arizona;)

[quote name='111111']no Lou! no cares about fighters here in arizona;)[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say that, I'm part of the fighting game club here at the school, called QCF. :D There's quite a few good players here in various games, I'm not that good though. :whistle2:(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wouldn't say that, I'm part of the fighting game club here at the school, called QCF. :D There's quite a few good players here in various games, I'm not that good though. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

you guys play any type of sf games?

if so invite me over i'll gladly play.

i'm just jokin tho, az scene is very competitive with mvc2, cvs2, 3rd strike.

I not from Arizona, but I'm considering moving out there once i finish school in Spring of 2007. I'm looking at Sedona or Mesa.

bread's done
Back