Arizona Minions, RISE!

GTmaster39

CAGiversary!
Thought it would be nice to have our very own thread. It would also be nice to meet up with one another and play some games, or go on some cag deal hunts.

Favorite spot for trades and classic and current game titles & hardware. Everything from Atari to PS3.

new-bookmans-logo.jpg

www.bookmans.com

Locations:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...33.815666,-111.84082&spn=8.28405,12.65625&z=6

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='111111']you guys play any type of sf games?

if so invite me over i'll gladly play.

i'm just jokin tho, az scene is very competitive with mvc2, cvs2, 3rd strike.[/QUOTE]
We've had a 3rd Strike tourney before, but I don't see much of SF at the meetings. The only problem is that I believe the meetings and tourneys are pretty for students only, but whenever the next SF tourney is, I'll see what I can do.

[quote name='bisquit']I not from Arizona, but I'm considering moving out there once i finish school in Spring of 2007. I'm looking at Sedona or Mesa.[/QUOTE]

My buddy goes to film school up in Sedona. I've been quite a few times, but every time I go its really boring.... That, and no one lives in the town but snowbirds and the crazy crystal rubber hippies. And so far all I see are a bunch of loonies.

[quote name='111111']no Lou! no cares about fighters here in arizona;)[/QUOTE]

AL you suck. You gonna be at that tourney on the 28th?

[quote name='GTmaster39']My buddy goes to film school up in Sedona. I've been quite a few times, but every time I go its really boring.... That, and no one lives in the town but snowbirds and the crazy crystal rubber hippies. And so far all I see are a bunch of loonies.[/QUOTE]

lol, I've been hearing a lot about hippies lately. i might go out there this summer for an vacation.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Which one?! My stoming grounds is the one at 19th and Northern. I never shop their unless I have a gut feeling. So far I've gotten every NGPC game I've ever wanted, and its helped me find a couple DC games I've never been able to find.[/quote]

Thats funny, I just found Guilty Gear mint at that Bookman for $8. I like Bookmans. I live in Glendale across from GCC

[quote name='bisquit']I not from Arizona, but I'm considering moving out there once i finish school in Spring of 2007. I'm looking at Sedona or Mesa.[/quote]

The hell kind of decision is that? Let's see, what might possibly be the most scenic area of the state, or the least...

Bro if you have a choice, you should be all over Sedona.

Oh, and I am CD_Vision. I live in central Phoenix right across the street from the Paradise Valley mall. I noticed the gamestop in there has a used copy of Megaman X 7 for $17.99. Is that a good deal? It needs a new DVD case, the one it comes with looks like a dog chewed it. The slip cover is ok underneath, so with a new case it'd look new.

In the same location I picked up Metroid Prime, and Resident Evil Zero for like 5 bucks each.

[quote name='cd_vision']The hell kind of decision is that? Let's see, what might possibly be the most scenic area of the state, or the least...

Bro if you have a choice, you should be all over Sedona.[/quote]

Maybe he's waiting to see if he wins $100,000,000, making Sedona affordable.

[quote name='anderton']Maybe he's waiting to see if he wins $100,000,000, making Sedona affordable.[/QUOTE]

Sedona sucks unless your wealthy and really hate talking to people in person. There are no clubs, no schools... Well.....some. Nothing is there its awful. It's pretty and stuff but there isnt anything there to do. Mesa would be better just for the fact there are more people around.

You go to Sedona for a drive, or to go camping. Its a tourist trap for people who believe in aliens too.

Hey guys, I'm in AJ myself - just moved out here recently.
There is nothing here... I'll get used to it (hopefully).

Look at the bright side Psy, you've got all the sand and dirt you could ever ask for.

I'll say this for the area I'm staying in right now, I don't have to go more than 10 minutes to get to anystore I want to hit. In atlanta (outskirts) I tank up my car about every three days. If I lived out here, I wouldn't have to for at least two weeks. Everything is so darned close by that if I weren't so completely lazy it weren't so flippin' hot, I could walk to the mall, the grocery store, et cetera.

I walk to albertsons, dollar general, good will, gamecrazy, or fry's because there all with in 1 mile of walking distance. Its good exercise especially in the 110 degree weather when your sweating your nads off :).

Yeah, I walk to the few places out here -- like work. Heh.
The heat is killing me! I'm not used to it yet.

But it's good to know there are CAGers nearby.

whoa just found this thread for the first time!! I live in Tempe and am a grad student at ASU. I don't really know any gamers out here. So it's nice to see lots of other CAGs in here! My 360 gamertag is 'dubbfoolio'. Add me to your friend's list if you play Halo 2, PDZ, or PGR3! Also I'm thinking about getting some NiWiFi games for my new DS Lite this weekend at TRU if all goes well.

I never knew about Bookman's and I'll definitely hit that up. It's pretty frustrating trying to find these clearance deals out here in AZ. Probably because all of you swoop in and take everything before I can get my lazy butt to the store. I'm new to CAG but I haven't found very many clearance titles at circuit city or Kmarts around the east phoenix valley. The best I've done is F-Zero GX (GC) for $5 from a Kmart in Mesa. I've seen a few more cheapos but nothing else I've ever been looking for. The Kmart in South Phoenix (on Baseline) literally had nothing on the list! The circuit city in Mesa has almost no DS games. They maybe had 5 titles the day the DS launched! Maybe I need to go to where the money is up in Snottsdale to find a better selection?

Any good stores around here that are stocked like trout ponds with clearance titles around here?

I've never really given much thought to checking out pawn shops but that's a pretty CAG idea! Let us know if anyone sees one with stuff that some of us AZ CAGs might like that you'e willing to pass on!

Also I'm debating on rather or not I should camp for a PS3 in November to sell for exorbitant prices on ebay! Muwahahaha! We should get a crew together.

[quote name='SithFran']Scottsdale here. I'm sure some of you will hate me, but I used to work for Parking at ASU, heh heh. I left there a year ago, don't worry.[/quote]
Yea... we hate you... Are you guys high when you write tickets? I got one in may that was literally impossible.... good times at asu :)

Chandler here checking in.

We really should get local CAG'ers together if only to do some local game trading, especially after these major deals go down and some of use got left out in the cold (scalding heat).

[quote name='travathian']Chandler here checking in.

We really should get local CAG'ers together if only to do some local game trading, especially after these major deals go down and some of use got left out in the cold (scalding heat).[/quote]

sounds good to me!

[quote name='yukine']Yeah... our electric bill was $400.00 this month. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Well, when the average temp. is 110 degree's, they kind of have us by the balls.

well keep those door, windows, and blinds shut!! Makes a huge difference. I had one roommate who would just sit there by his window open all day in the August with all the cold air rushing past him without a care in the world. I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw it. I was so floored I didn't even know what to say to him. We don't all have physics degrees but shit.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Well, when the average temp. is 110 degree's, they kind of have us by the balls.[/quote]

Yeah... it's pretty crazy though. I don't think the bill should be over $400.00 when I have the thermostat set at 77.

I think it just takes a lot to cool down this house, vaulted ceilings and such. We're probably moving early next year anyway, so whatever.

$400.00 for AC?! Thats almost my rent! I just moved into these quite little studios. And all my AC and crap is included, so i can run my AC till the cows come home. It gets so cold sometimes and Ihave to throw on a sweater or something. haha.

AZ aint that bad, you just have to find the shady spots.

[quote name='GTmaster39']$400.00 for AC?! Thats almost my rent! I just moved into these quite little studios. And all my AC and crap is included, so i can run my AC till the cows come home. It gets so cold sometimes and Ihave to throw on a sweater or something. haha.

AZ aint that bad, you just have to find the shady spots.[/quote]

That's pretty nice. Where do you live?

I'm from Tucson ('87-'05), but I live in upstate NY and Savannah, GA for college. Looking forward to coming home next month for a week. Mmmm, real Mexican food, Bookman's, monsoon season, desert rain scent, cactus, no grass, and dry heat.

AND FRY'S ELECTRONICS! YES!

[quote name='megaseadramon']Well, when the average temp. is 110 degree's, they kind of have us by the balls.[/quote]
Not me. Electricity and AC are included with my rent.

[quote name='yukine']That's pretty nice. Where do you live?[/QUOTE]

I live around 19th and Bethany, right around that Bookman's. I work at Metro and I've got EB outside of the mall and Gamestop and Babbages inside the mall. and I have the Gamestop over by Christown. So I never have a problem finding shit in my area.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I live around 19th and Bethany, right around that Bookman's. I work at Metro and I've got EB outside of the mall and Gamestop and Babbages inside the mall. and I have the Gamestop over by Christown. So I never have a problem finding shit in my area.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I'm around there sometimes.

It's like 30 minutes from where I live now though, we moved from Glendale to fucking Surprise.

[quote name='agonybliss']I ive in Mesa, and work at the Mesa Bookmans. We get tons of great crap :)
I was able to replace all my old systems, and get games for each at a great price..[/quote]

Is there any particular day that is good to go in and check? I tend to check once a week on Monday but don't generally see too much good stuff to grab.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Is there any particular day that is good to go in and check? I tend to check once a week on Monday but don't generally see too much good stuff to grab.[/quote]
You want to check in mid week.
We buy tons on the weekends, but you have to allow time for it to be processed..

Also dont forget to use the request system. If your on the list for a certain game or system it will go directly to you. :bouncy:

[quote name='agonybliss']You want to check in mid week.
We buy tons on the weekends, but you have to allow time for it to be processed..

Also dont forget to use the request system. If your on the list for a certain game or system it will go directly to you. :bouncy:[/quote]

Should I even bother reqesting Panzer Dragoon Saga? :D

Is there any talk of them dropping their NES prices? That stack has been there and been about the same forever now...

Yeah, I have a ton of credit that I've had for a year or two, but their game prices are criminal. I've wondered who they have checking their prices. I'll see stuff selling used there for $10 over what it would cost new. If someone is finding new stuff for $15 then maybe I should check during the week.

[quote name='battletrax']Yea... we hate you... Are you guys high when you write tickets? I got one in may that was literally impossible.... good times at asu :)[/quote]

Ha, I work part time at Parking on the east campus. What's different there is that about 90% of the tickets they write they back up with pictures of the cars. So all the stories people use when they appeal go out the door when you say there's a picture from that day. Then they think you're bluffing so you show it to them. They walk away quietly since they were caught lying.

I'm from Tucson. I've lived here for about a year and I don't really know anyone. A Gamestop just opened about three minutes from my house on Kolb & 22nd. I spend way too much money there.

bread's done
Back