- - - - -

Employees of all stores--post your stupid customer stories--part III

#1 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

Shrike asked for a new thread so here it is. Big ups to gizmogc for starting the whole thing.

Here are links to the first 2 threads. Definitely worth reading.

Part 1:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=48587

Part 2:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53379

#2 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

I'll post one that I was just reminded of. It is a stupid customer but I don't blame her.

There was a little old lady, who came up to me with a psp accessory pack and told me that her husband wanted "that one thing to play songs on; is this it?" I felt so bad for her, I helped her find a cd player, and explained the difference between the PSP, cd's and MP3's. I had to laugh at it after the fact, but I surely don't want to be in that position in any portion of the future.

#3 .JPG   ^ Save them CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

I don't have really any stories like you all have had, but a couple times I've been in Wal-Mart or Target, and I'll hear someone go, "Excuse me". I myselft thinking they're talking to someone else ignore them. Then they'll start again "Excuse me!", so I look like any curious person would do and to my surprise they're starring right at me then ask "Do you know where such and such is?". That's happened to me more than once, and I no not look at all like I work it that store.

Usually I'll just say "I have no clue" and walk away, always fun. But it's not that hard to distingish an employee or a customer. Big bright red shirts at Target, big blue one's at Wal-Mart.

#4 hinkbert   Fat Wookiee! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

hinkbert

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:47 AM

When I worked as a clerk at KB toys I got asked questions by the old folks at CVS. Usually just innocuous stuff like "where's the vitamins", but every once in a while you get the "know where the depends are" questions, which is a little disturbing. They always seem really disappointed when they find out I don't work there, that or they look worried that they may be becoming senile.

#5 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:52 AM

I don't have really any stories like you all have had, but a couple times I've been in Wal-Mart or Target, and I'll hear someone go, "Excuse me". I myselft thinking they're talking to someone else ignore them. Then they'll start again "Excuse me!", so I look like any curious person would do and to my surprise they're starring right at me then ask "Do you know where such and such is?". That's happened to me more than once, and I no not look at all like I work it that store.

Usually I'll just say "I have no clue" and walk away, always fun. But it's not that hard to distingish an employee or a customer. Big bright red shirts at Target, big blue one's at Wal-Mart.

pending on the time of year, like say now... if everyone is wearing a coat=customer, if someone is not wearing a coat but a streight colored shirt=employee :)

Trust me, when I use to work at target, i'd sometimes go to TRU for my lunch break and would get hit with customer help requests all the time :)

#6 Kayden   Banned Banned   17673 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

I had a guy order an optical mouse. Simple enough, right? Well, the mouse comes and I deliver it to him saying, "here's your mouse."

"But its not optical..."

I turn the mouse over and sure enough, theres an LED on the bottom. "Sure its optical, thats what this little light on the bottom."

"No no no... It can't be an optical mouse, it has wires!"

O_o... "Oh... so you wanted a wireless mouse?"

"Whats the difference."

:wall:

#7 ironmouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

ironmouse

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

"Whats the difference."

you punched him right?

#8 Kayden   Banned Banned   17673 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

Twice, once with a herring...

you punched him right?

#9 Numsay   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:49 PM

I work in a store that maybe you would think sells basketballs on first glance even though we do not. A lady came up to me yesterday and said "so you don't have any balls"? I honesty didn't know what to say. I didn't crack up or even give her a silly look though, so that was good, I'm such a pro ;)

#10 Dragonsbane   Dr. StrangeCAG CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Dragonsbane

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:04 PM

This is not a specific story but rather a constant happening. I pick-up the phone often at my work and my name happens to be Andrew. So this is a lis of what I have been called:

Sweetheart
Sandy
Sandra
Andrea
Amanda
Mam
Miss
Lady
................each of these have happned mutiple times, by the way I tell them my name when I pick-up

#11 doomlv20   Crazy Ass Fuse Guy CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

I work at a check authorization place, if you've ever worked in retail and had to call in a check, well I'd be the person on the other end. I get called sweetheart many times a day, along with ma'am, hon, and occassionally sweety. I am a guy, and I do say my name when I answer the phone, but oh well, oh and I did have one woman on the phone say "Oh, it was my pleasure!" weeeeeird people need to call in checks.

#12 Diskeater   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Diskeater

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

Once, my roommate and I were in FYE and we ran into a friend of ours. We stopped and talked with him for a bit and during that time, not one but TWO customers interrupted us and asked us to find something for them. They weren't very polite about it either, they just jumped right into their questions as opposed to asking if we actually worked there.

When the second person asked us to find a CD for her daughter, our friend said something to the effect of, "sorry, we actually don't work here...but you might want to reconsider buying that, because they really suck." Unfortunately, I don't remember the band but it was a priceless moment.

It was odd because all three of us were in jeans and t-shirts...and our clothes looked nothing like what the actual employees had to wear. But I guess that says something about the quality of service at this particular FYE if customers think that three guys talking in an aisle are employees.

#13 Hurlman   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   5 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:51 AM

I have trolled these boards off and on for last year or so. Never really post too much but this oppurtunity was too tempting, read on and understand.

I am originally from central illinois and was in north carolina a couple years ago on a forced vacation (national guard activation). We have a few days off then its time to head home for good. So my buddy and I go shopping at the local mall. I head down to KB and picked up unreal tournament for xbox (I know but I only paid 4.98 for some reason) and thats all im holding in a small kb bag. We go into the gap to look at coats on sale. It was warm there but COLD where we were going home too. Now all the employees in the gap is about our age, late teens early 20's. So we are trying stuff on and I ask one of the sales chicks if this coat looks good on me. She was probably 19 or 20 (I was 21 at the time, so no pervert calls please :) ) and quite hot. I pegged her right off the bat as a stupid blonde, just had the look and the talk. So she is helping me with clothes and while trying this stuff on I lay my kb bag on the bench. So about 15 min in she is already starting to get on my nerves. I had pegged her correctly and I fully think that she could sit in one place all day and not have a single thought cross her mind. She finally asks though, what you have in the bag. I go oh its a xbox game that I got for real cheap. She asks, "Which one?" I said unreal tournament. These words actually left her mouth after my commment, " OH MY GOD thats like, my fav" She also basically screamed it, and everyone in the store looked at me. Yes people talk like that I was in total and complete shock. I looked at her totally dumbfounded for a few seconds. Then I asked my buddy if we could trade sales ladies because mine had the mental capacity of my shoes. She didnt get it but the other lady was laughing hysterically. My saleslady just kind of wandered off after I said ok im fine now. The other lady came over and said You know I would say you hurt her feelings but I dont think she will be offended for another couple hours. Thankfully this one had a brain.

I know this is a little off topic but thought you might enjoy.

#14 djkunai   Banned Banned   3092 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

I was inside a Best Buy last December.

An employee was explaining how the GameBoy Player works.

"So will this play those new GameBoy DS games?"

BB: "Well it plays the old Gameboy games on the GameCube so it should play those."

I just stared at him as he said this, the whole time wondering if he was going to give her a giant stylus to go with her new TV.

#15 Numsay   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:12 PM

here is a stupid employee story
I have trolled these boards off and on for last year or so. Never really post too much but this oppurtunity was too tempting, read on and understand.

I am originally from central illinois and was in north carolina a couple years ago on a forced vacation (national guard activation). We have a few days off then its time to head home for good. So my buddy and I go shopping at the local mall. I head down to KB and picked up unreal tournament for xbox (I know but I only paid 4.98 for some reason) and thats all im holding in a small kb bag. We go into the gap to look at coats on sale. It was warm there but COLD where we were going home too. Now all the employees in the gap is about our age, late teens early 20's. So we are trying stuff on and I ask one of the sales chicks if this coat looks good on me. She was probably 19 or 20 (I was 21 at the time, so no pervert calls please :) ) and quite hot. I pegged her right off the bat as a stupid blonde, just had the look and the talk. So she is helping me with clothes and while trying this stuff on I lay my kb bag on the bench. So about 15 min in she is already starting to get on my nerves. I had pegged her correctly and I fully think that she could sit in one place all day and not have a single thought cross her mind. She finally asks though, what you have in the bag. I go oh its a xbox game that I got for real cheap. She asks, "Which one?" I said unreal tournament. These words actually left her mouth after my commment, " OH MY GOD thats like, my fav" She also basically screamed it, and everyone in the store looked at me. Yes people talk like that I was in total and complete shock. I looked at her totally dumbfounded for a few seconds. Then I asked my buddy if we could trade sales ladies because mine had the mental capacity of my shoes. She didnt get it but the other lady was laughing hysterically. My saleslady just kind of wandered off after I said ok im fine now. The other lady came over and said You know I would say you hurt her feelings but I dont think she will be offended for another couple hours. Thankfully this one had a brain.

So....................... she was hot, stupid, wanted to play your Xbox game, and you had a few days off ? Don't ask don't tell I guess?

I kid. I kid.

#16 2poor   Luckless CAGiversary!   5678 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:32 AM

_____________________________$$$____$$____________ _____$$$__________
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$__________$$$__$$$$____________ ___$$$$$$$$_______
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$ $$_$$$$$$$$$$_____
$$_$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$ $$__$$$$$$$$$$____
__$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$ $$__$$$$_$$$$$$___
_$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$ $$__$$$$___$$$$$__
_$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$ $___$$$$____$$$$__
_$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$ $___$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$ ___$$$$_____$$$$__
$$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$ ___$$$$____$$$$___
$$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$ ___$$$___$$$$$$___
_$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$_ ___$$$$$$$$$$_____
_$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$_ __$$$$$$$_________
_$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$_ _$$$$_____________
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$___$$$__________$$$__ __$$$_____________
$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$___ __$$$$____________
$$$$$$$___________________________________________ __$$$$____________
_$$_______________________________________________ __$$$_____________
__________________________________________________ __________________
__________________________________________________ __________________

#17 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:37 AM

The deifinition of overkill.

#18 Saucy Jack   Goodbye, So What? CAGiversary!   7006 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Saucy Jack

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

The deifinition of overkill.

Overkill (vr-kl)
n.

1. Destructive nuclear capacity exceeding the amount needed to destroy an enemy.
2. Excessive killing.
3. An excess of what is necessary or appropriate for a particular end

:lol: ;)

#19 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12405 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:40 AM

Wow...Didn't even know Part III started. Sweet. I'm glad these survived after so long.

#20 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

Overkill (vr-kl)
n.

1. Destructive nuclear capacity exceeding the amount needed to destroy an enemy.
2. Excessive killing.
3. An excess of what is necessary or appropriate for a particular end

:lol: ;)

I'll take #3, Monty.:lol:

#21 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:44 AM

Wow...Didn't even know Part III started. Sweet. I'm glad these survived after so long.

If you create it, they will post.

#22 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12405 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:13 AM

I get asked all the time where stuff is at stores. Its amazing. I only wear Black/Grey clothes, Jeans, and huge Army boots, but still get asked questions. If their women, and hot, I'll help them. Most of the time I just say ' Mam/Sir, I have really bad craps right now, please go find another clerk'. always works. However, one time a manager came over and yelled at me and told me he would fire me...when I didn't even work there. Sad.

#23 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

Where at in central Illinois? I ask because I never seen central IL people on message boards, and I was born and raised in Springfield.

#24 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:10 AM

Where at in central Illinois? I ask because I never seen central IL people on message boards, and I was born and raised in Springfield.

I grew up in Decatur.

#25 DerangedHermit   the man with no title CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

DerangedHermit

Posted 27 December 2005 - 02:25 AM

However, one time a manager came over and yelled at me and told me he would fire me...when I didn't even work there. Sad.

You should've yelled at him and told him to fire you. And ask him what your name is. He's a dumbass.

#26 Dragonsbane   Dr. StrangeCAG CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Dragonsbane

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

Hey im in springfield right now, born and raised

#27 Matarick   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:22 AM

Alright this is a real stupid customer who goes to the upper floor EB in York Galleria.

In November, I was wondering where I can get a cheap Shining Force Neo since I read some good stuff about it in 1up.com.

I was trying to kill some time since I met up with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law. They decided to leave since they were tired and I was killing more time before I have to go to work at the local mail processing plant. I walked inside and saw the cutest anime fangirl behind the counter wearing cutesy chibi keychains, short burnet hair, full figure, and has a sweet sweet voice.

I asked her where was Shining Force Neo used and she showed me where to find it and even found the guide for it. She was giggling like crazy while I had a cool and calm deminor thing going on. We talked about Magna Carta and on she wanted to play it due to the neat art style she had. She gave the case and guide of Shining Force Neo and said had a good day.

After a few days later, I wanted to open the game and realized that the game was at the store. So I called EB and guess who picked up the phone. Our hard working EB store employee. She said just come to the store and she will give me the game. I was running late and when I went to the mall, there she was like disco lemonaide, yeah there she was. Well she smiled at me and looked at me coy and did the giggle bit. I dashed out of the mall and went to work since I didn't want to be late.

I couldn't stop thinking about her despite the fact that she is supposed to be friendly with the job. It is hard for me to get her out of my mind because she is the kind of female that would melt my senses and just go bananas over her.

Alright, last Sunday I was looking for items and she was there wearing a white sweater and oh man I contained myself since she was trying to find a network adapter and she was bending down and my name escaped her. I saw her tag and she didn't mind me looking at it. I thought I would be lucky but I was running late from work again.

In the Friday before christmas and all through the mall there was a person was stirring and I think I had blue balls. She helped me get a controller and a network adapter and there she was. I paid for the items, thanked her, and waited for her to be out of the counter so I can ask her for her email or number while the head manager was looking at me but I didn't pay much attention.

She said she wasn't online much and wasn't home at all.

The clasic line and I was stupid enough to say, in a calm way, well I can see you at the store.

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT but she didn't seem angry when she said it. Just did her giggle.

Feel free to reply if you want me to reveal a name since I don't want to embarass anybody further than I was. I am not angry at her, I wonder if it is against store policy to provide phone numbers to customers.

I just hope I can find an out of store connection with this manager in training so I can get to know the person out of the store.

(off topic
It is hard meeting up with gamers and Otaku ages 20+ in York Pennsylvania. I work durring the anime club showings at the local net cafe)

signing off,

the stupid EB Customer.

#28 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19261 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

#29 Zakman86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

This is classic.

#30 Will   Official CAG Asshole CAGiversary!   6164 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

In the Friday before christmas and all through the mall there was a person was stirring and I think I had blue balls.

Overall I was thinking "wtf is your point" but when I hit that line, made it worth the read.