#61 RICHASSGAMER   Banned Banned   11 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

RICHASSGAMER

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:24 AM

Are you working for GameCrazy?

#62 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:20 AM

Are you working for GameCrazy?

Gamestop.

#63 AlanSaysYo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

AlanSaysYo

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:23 AM

Had a guy the other day try to return an Xbox.

His wife came in first to return it and she said while she had no reciept, she bought it on the 20th. So I look through the logs on the computer, no used xboxs sold that day. So after a bit she goes to get her husband. Husband comes in and I say that we have no record of used Xboxes being sold that day.

"I bought it new."
"The bundle pack with Forza?"
"Yea."
"Ok, well. For starters, new systems are only given a 7 day warrenty with us, then it's a manufacture warrenty. Also, you didn't even bring the game. So there is no chance of returning it anyway."

At this point he starts whining about how it's just an exchange and that we should do the exchange.

"Sir, like I said, you don't even have the game that came with it. I can't return something if it isn't complete. If I did return that, you would get two copies of the game."
"But, but..."
"I'm sorry, I can't do a return. You will have to talk to Microsoft about a replacement. If you bought a used one, I could return it because we have a 90 day warrenty through us for used systems."

He starts to sulk away pissed off and right as he leaves he pops his head in:

"Why is it 7 days for new and 90 days for used?"
"Because used systems aren't from the factory therefore they dont have the factory warrenty."

Guy leaves.

I hate it when people whine about stuff I can't fix anyway.

Kinda related, but I noticed when I worked in retail that a lot of returns were from women on behalf of their husbands while said husbands waited in the car. Maybe it was just where I worked, but it was really common to see the man stay in the driver's seat while the woman brought whatever it was in the store to return. Almost 100% of the time, the items being returned were way out of warranty or so jacked up that I couldn't do anything. Then the woman would go get the man (right after she'd announce "I'M GETTING MY HUSBAND!" like it was supposed to be scary), and he'd be all pissed off that his lazy ass had to get out of the car, and then he'd start shouting or something. And then they'd never get what they wanted an swear they wouldn't be coming back.

#64 BackInBlack  

BackInBlack

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:36 AM

This customer brough back a copy of a copy of Sonic Heroes to EBgames and had his receipt and was trying to return it to my Assistant Manager because they didnt like it(which is reasonable) but the back top of the case was gone, like an inch of it...its hard to describe. The disc itself was all dirty and scratched. So he tells him he can't take it back as new because it wasn't in new condition anymore and the customer is really mad about this. My Assistant Manager then tells him he can take it in as a trade but he can't give him even full store credit for it. The customer then says " you know what, just keep the game, i dont even want youre money, im not coming back." So he leaves his copy of Sonic Heroes for PS2 with us. Hilarious. Sorry if this was hard to read its really late.

#65 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

This customer brough back a copy of a copy of Sonic Heroes to EBgames and had his receipt and was trying to return it to my Assistant Manager because they didnt like it(which is reasonable) but the back top of the case was gone, like an inch of it...its hard to describe. The disc itself was all dirty and scratched. So he tells him he can't take it back as new because it wasn't in new condition anymore and the customer is really mad about this. My Assistant Manager then tells him he can take it in as a trade but he can't give him even full store credit for it. The customer then says " you know what, just keep the game, i dont even want youre money, im not coming back." So he leaves his copy of Sonic Heroes for PS2 with us. Hilarious. Sorry if this was hard to read its really late.

That same thing happened to me when I still worked at K-Mart. Lady comes in, it's like 5 days after Christmas, trys to return a whole cart full of Christmas items. The store can't take returns on ANY christmas items after christmas, if they did, lots and lots of people would just be returning everything, it would be like renting items from us.

The lady tells the service desk "Well, we never used it, we had to go out of town before christmas, we just got back, I want to return it". She gets furious when she sees the policy that she can't, and the service desk asks her why she just didn't return everything before she went on her trip.

She then starts saying things like "Well these ornaments are ugly anyways! I never would have bought this stuff if it wasn't for my mother!!" and the service desk is confused as to what she is rattling on about. Pissed off she isn't able to return it, she tells us "Well, Fuck you guys, I hate this place, I'm just going to leave the cart outside, you can do with it what you like!!!!".

She left everything outside, as she told us, it was all still new and sealed, so I believe they brought it back inside and resold it to someone under clearance prices, and the lady never came back.

#66 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6985 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

That same thing happened to me when I still worked at K-Mart. Lady comes in, it's like 5 days after Christmas, trys to return a whole cart full of Christmas items. The store can't take returns on ANY christmas items after christmas, if they did, lots and lots of people would just be returning everything, it would be like renting items from us.

The lady tells the service desk "Well, we never used it, we had to go out of town before christmas, we just got back, I want to return it". She gets furious when she sees the policy that she can't, and the service desk asks her why she just didn't return everything before she went on her trip.

She then starts saying things like "Well these ornaments are ugly anyways! I never would have bought this stuff if it wasn't for my mother!!" and the service desk is confused as to what she is rattling on about. Pissed off she isn't able to return it, she tells us "Well, Fuck you guys, I hate this place, I'm just going to leave the cart outside, you can do with it what you like!!!!".

She left everything outside, as she told us, it was all still new and sealed, so I believe they brought it back inside and resold it to someone under clearance prices, and the lady never came back.

sounds like the old Mission Bell store to me, lol.

#67 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:13 AM

I had a customer want to return a gift card the other day.

'But I even have my receipt!'

And?

#68 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

Funny thing about the last part. While I was working at Costco, the return policy is so lax that I saw people returning used and open christmas merchandise the day after christmas. I have to say, I was rather disgusted.

#69 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9941 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

I was in line at the Post Office today and it must have been stupid customer day because I was there less than 10 minutes and there were 3 really stupid people there. Customer #1 had 3 packages to mail, the first item was almost $4 for Parcel Post or a little over $4 for Priority. She looks at the postal clerk like he is crazy that it's so expensive. She then asks why it costs so much? He explains it goes by weight. Of course she wants to save around $0.40 and go for the cheaper method even though Priority is well worth the extra few cents. She wanted insurance on her last package so she puts her hand on the package saying she wants it insured while it was on the scale. The clerk then explains to her that by having her hand on the package, it makes the postage rate go up because her hand is adding extra weight.

Customer 2 wants 2 cent stamps because of the postage increase. She asks for 1 book of twenty stamps and then asks how much it will cost. The clerk then says, 2 times 20 is 40, so 40 cents (he said it almost sarcastically). I guess it was just that she couldn't figure out how much 20 x 2 is.

Customer 3 comes in with a UPS envelope and a UPS address form already filled out. Before he was in line too long he asks if he can send the envelope there. Of course the answer was no.

#70 jPoD   Banned Banned   3836 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:40 AM

Per #2, Same thing happened to me, but the amazing thing was she wanted 5. She actually asked how much it would be

#71 ironmouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

ironmouse

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

i want to bump and bump all night, and bump everyday

#72 CRAZY93NiS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

i work at a customer service desk and there was this person asking for an application for toys r us and he got mad when i denied him. he was like why? i was sir do you see the signs on the wall and on the hangers, this toys r us is closing down we arent accepting applications right now

#73 waterboy100   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

waterboy100

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

I had a customer want to return a gift card the other day.

'But I even have my receipt!'

And?

i dont know where you are but here in california you have to return a giftcard for cash if the guest requests it. law went into effect jan 1, 2005.

#74 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

i dont know where you are but here in california you have to return a giftcard for cash if the guest requests it. law went into effect jan 1, 2005.

One more reason why California is fucked up.

#75 dude2003   CAGiversary! x 10 CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

wtf are you talking about california is fucked up? getting cash back by returning a giftcard is good for consumers like us. unless you are the owner of one of these huge corporations why would you hate on that law? if you are the owner of a huge corporation then why the hell are you on CAG stealing our deals?

#76 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

lol the heat finally got to them, either that or ARNOLD :P

#77 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

wtf are you talking about california is fucked up? getting cash back by returning a giftcard is good for consumers like us. unless you are the owner of one of these huge corporations why would you hate on that law? if you are the owner of a huge corporation then why the hell are you on CAG stealing our deals?

Do you actually know the point of a gift card? It's not to get cash back, it's to promise future spending at said store. You sell a $20 GC to someone, you're bound to get them to either spend more than that when it's redeemed, or on a later visit.

If you can go back and get cash back for it at some point, WTF is the point? Sorta like the 'gift cards can't expire' bullshit they have in the Northeast. Gift cards expire. Don't collect them like fucking Topps.

#78 tauruskatt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

tauruskatt

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:12 AM

so...these two 'ghetto' guys come in and ask how much a used original xbox is...
and when I tell them they're like, all, you know the drill, "Ah, snap, no way..I thought I saw some thing that was like 60 bucks or somtin"...I tell them that was probably the trade in value they were thinking about, the system is worth that much still. So, of course, they can't afford it (<--couldn't see that one coming a mile away, could you? :roll: :lol: )

So, imagine my suprise when the second one jumps at the site of our xbox 360 interactive and:

"Yo! This 360 is TiiiiiIIGht!"

followed by

"Aw Sh*t!!....An I even got the HQ TV for it too!"

:rofl:

They later commensed to leave the store shortly after to chase some "sexy white chocolate" that passed by...:lol:

(just fyi in case anyone reads this wrong i realized someone might overreact and think i was saying something about these two guys that wouldn't be PC, so, just to let you know, one was white, one was black, and I worked at a store where I was the minority for a little over a year, so i treat customers the same, so there =P ;) )

#79 Kayden   Banned Banned   17673 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

Doesn't matter- you're hot. You get the privellege of saying anything you want. :D

#80 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6985 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:25 AM

Doesn't matter- you're hot. You get the privellege of saying anything you want. :D

LOL, i bet you say that to all the 40 year old guys posing as teenage girls on the internet.

#81 tauruskatt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

tauruskatt

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

LOL, i bet you say that to all the 40 year old guys posing as teenage girls on the internet.

LoL!!...."teenage"...:lol:

#82 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:53 AM

LoL!!...."teenage"...:lol:

I'd hate to be 'that guy' but I 'demand' pics to prove one way or another. Can never tell with the internet now-a-days ya know?

Away from OT, I'm going to be part of the Returns counter at Costco come next week so I'll have loads of new stories to add probably almost daily.

#83 neocisco   Changnesiac CAGiversary!   19249 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:24 AM

That was just pathetic.;) :lol:

#84 greenpea   MMMMMM....Turkey CAGiversary!   2439 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

greenpea

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:50 AM

I'd hate to be 'that guy' but I 'demand' pics to prove one way or another. Can never tell with the internet now-a-days ya know?

Away from OT, I'm going to be part of the Returns counter at Costco come next week so I'll have loads of new stories to add probably almost daily.

SHe had posted some pics awhile ago. Plus I think some CAG's met here at last year's E3. At least I thought so for some reason.

#85 Kicker00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:05 AM

well I work at gamestop and there was this one kid, old enough to know better, tries to buy a game with a best buy giftcard and told us he thought we took other stores giftcards.

#86 DuelLadyS   Basch Lives! CAGiversary!   2641 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:18 AM

Point 1: People do steal gift cards. Refunding them= free money for theives.

Point 2: Continuing the above, what's to stop people from grabbing a gift card from the shelf, and claiming it was activated? They could even get stolen/re-used reciepts for that.

You get the idea.

I like our state's law- after a transaction, if the card total is $5 or less, the customer can request cash. That way the card gets used, but you don't have to overspends just to make sure the card money is gone.

#87 asianxcore   ...In Parseltongue CAGiversary!   6079 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:28 AM

around the weeks leading up to Christmas, a guy brought in a 20% off one item coupon to TRU. problem is that it was photocopied. anyone who has seen one of these cards, know they are actually cards, made of some kind of plastic, and sometimes have a sheen to them. he brought in some computer paper that had on the top, the front of the card in black and white, and the back of the card under it in black and white. it was the quality of I'd say a doctor's office Xerox machine.

when I told him we couldn't accept it because it was obviously a photocopy, he went apeshit on me, telling me how stupid I was and how he used it in this store before etc etc..I just let him talk on and on, since he was pretty mad he wasn't getting 20% off a PS2 dance mat. a manager then was walking by and asked what was up, the customer said I refused to take this legit coupon. my manager kind of laughed, opened up my drawer and showed him what the coupon was supposed to look like.

he then turns to his friend tells him how lame I am, and his friends asked him "he didn't take it?".

boy I love retail.

#88 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

SHe had posted some pics awhile ago. Plus I think some CAG's met here at last year's E3. At least I thought so for some reason.

Isn't that her in the sig?

#89 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

Isn't that her in the sig?

Yes, it is, My-bad, it had looked too CG but it was just the editing that had given it the filtered look. Roundabout I did find her pic btw.

#90 unforeseen   Crime Scene Investigator CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:46 AM

Point 1: People do steal gift cards. Refunding them= free money for theives.

Point 2: Continuing the above, what's to stop people from grabbing a gift card from the shelf, and claiming it was activated? They could even get stolen/re-used reciepts for that.

You get the idea.

I like our state's law- after a transaction, if the card total is $5 or less, the customer can request cash. That way the card gets used, but you don't have to overspends just to make sure the card money is gone.

Re: Point 2 - Each gift card has its own unique gift card number so taking one off the shelf and presenting a receipt for it would not work since the numbers will not match.