- - - - -

Gamecube to Game Boy Micro Cable - Instructions in here

Poll: Would you purchase a Gamecube->Micro/GBA Link Cable at $25 shipped? (344 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you purchase a Gamecube->Micro/GBA Link Cable at $25 shipped?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#64 patters   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   6 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

Hi Troz1820,

Would it be possible for you to make available the pinouts of the GBA/SP link port Vs the Micro ones? It would be a huge help if you could.

Here are the pinouts for the GBA/SP:
http://www.ziegler.d...e GBA link-port
Posted Image
1=3.3V (5V in GB/GBC mode)
2=Serial out
3=Serial in
4=Serial data
5=Serial clock
6=Ground

Do the numbers in your photo on page 1 correspond to these, or are they arbitrary?

#77 arhynas   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:17 AM

So i picked up a Pelican All-in-One Link at the local GameStop for $2 (in the used bin but new in the package...? $7.99 new). It goes from a GBA link connector, to a small box, then from the box are 2 cables, one a GBA link and one a GC link. I got brave and hacked the connector of my GBAM link cable and, after some continuity testing and color matching I was able to splice it together and make it work. I figured I was proud enough of my accomplishments that I'd post the results, including the way the wires hookup, as follows:

Nintendo cable ==> Pelican cable
------------------------------------------
Shielding => Green & Black
Green => Orange
Brown => Red
Orange => Yellow
Red => Brown
Blue => Blue

That is of course assuming that Pelican decided to wire every cable the same. You're probably as confused as I am about the way the colors line up, especially considering both cables have green, orange, red, blue and brown in common, but whatever, it works.

The best part: the cable still works as a link cable between my GBAM and my SP. :lol:

#79 Troz1820   Pinball Addict CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

^^Glad you figured out how to use the Pelican Cable. I always figured it wouldn't be too difficult to get it to work with that cable.

^It doesn't matter which end of the micro cable you use. They both have the same wires running through them. It's the small circuit board in the middle that determines master/slave for GB->GB connectivity.

There's supposed to be a new Pelican all-in-one link cable which has a GBM connector on it. Here it is at Target, due out on March 8th. I think it's just a universal GB->GB Link cable and doesn't have any GC connectors on it. Anyways, it should allow people to get a micro connector without having to go through the Nintendo store, if it ever comes out. It was originally due early February IIRC.