Review/overview of Hori Multi Pouch & Compact Pouch!! (Also, Mario Sleeve Kit!)

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
EDIT 2 All images are now linked to larger images, enjoy CAGers!
EDIT 1 Added Ma12kez's review of the Hori Multi Pouch and Mario Sleeve Kit (from Circuit City).

Hori Compact Pouch Review
Since so many people are looking for a good DSL case, I thought I'd review my Hori Compact Pouch- one of the more popular options.:)

The case can be found at Play-Asia for about $14 shipped (economy mail, takes 5-10 days). Here's the link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-15-compact%2Bpouch-70-19m5.html

And here's Hori's official page on the case: http://hori.jp/products/dsl/dsl_compact_porch/index.html

Lets begin.

Here we have the case, a DSL, and 12 DS games. We'll see what this case is capable of.

First and foremost, the case looks really nice both inside and out. The design is very simple and doesn't really give a sense of ruggedness. It doesn't scream 'look at me! I'm carrying a little game system!!' like many other cases do... it's more like, a camera case- it's more professional. Like many other cases, it's a clam shell like design with a interior holding area and zipper to keep everything inside. It's built very well as far as I can tell, the materials all seem like good choices and the stitching is flawless. The internal material is very soft and has terry-cotton like texture which is great if there is dust/grime on the system. The terry-cotton like texture will actually safely remove some of the crap on the DSL from your dirty fingers. A smooth cloth surface may rub the dust/grime on surface and end up scratching it. Also nice, the case has a strap and ring to hang from a belt, backpack, or one of those clips.

Here's the DS resting inside its new home and this is also where a concern of mine comes up. At Hori's site, it shows a picture which makes it look like you can play the DSL while it's inside the pouch. Well, you can't.. not games that use the shoulder buttons anyway. It's just too flimsy and there's too much room around the unit to. You can press them, but it's rather difficult. Using the face buttons and any touch screen only games work fine though. But take heed, you can't open the DSL all the way without the unit lifting itself up from the case to open at the angled or flat lock points. Honestly, it's not big deal because it does feel all that comfortable holding the case as if you're going to play the DSL.

And now here's my only real gripe about the case, there's no room for the charger.:whistle2:x This is a major flaw... I don't think I really need to explain why. And whats worse is that if they placed the two smaller pouches vertically (rather than horizontally) and moved them over to the left, they could've expanded the bigger pouch enough to make room for the charger.

There's plenty of room for games, with two small pouches and 1 large pouch. The larger pouch can house 1 GBA cart and the GBA slot cover. The smaller pouches can each hold 2 DS games snugly (or they can each hold a GBA game).

Remember how we started with 12 games in the first picture? Well, now they're all in the case. That's right... all 12 fit in the pouches; it's very tight though. The smaller pouches have 3 each and the larger pouch has 6.

Now here's where we learn why this thing's call 'compact'. Even with all 12 DS games and the DSL inside, it's not all that big or hefty. It won't fit in your pocket or anything but it's still pretty small and light. And even still, I would honestly feel safe dropping my DSL from a second story building on to a solid surface if it was inside this case. The top and bottom are very stiff giving the unit a fairly tough exterior shell. With the inside leaving a bit of room between the unit and the cushioning, it helps to soften the blow to the unit from falls rather than transfer it to the unit as is the issue with other... cases.

Overall, I say this is a very good pouch... also most perfect actually if you know what to expect ahead of time. The main reason I got this was because I thought I'd be able to play my DSL without having to take it out and expose it to my fingers. But I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't with most games. But even still, I'm amazed by the build quality and looks. If it only had room for the charger, I'd be a happy man.

Design: 9/10
Storage: 6/10
Material: 10/10
Workmanship: 10/10

Score: 8.5/10 (not an average)

About the only people I wouldn't recommended this to are those who plan to carry their DSL with them on trips (or whatever) so that they'd need room for the charger. Otherwise, this is great.

There you go people, hope it helps.:)

Here are Ma12kez's reviews!

Hori Multi Pouch Review

Well my friend and I just got our pouches in the mail today, and I got to admit that they are pretty awesome!

I chose to get a White-Gray Multi Pouch (he got the compact one; hopefully he'll post his impressions on that), and I've got to say it was exactly what I was looking for. I was expecting it to be big and bulky, but it was actually smaller. I guess those online pictures make it look bigger than usual. Anyway, the case is split into two pockets: one side completely devoted to the Lite, and the other for the accessories. The Lite fits perfectly snug in the pocket, and the flap covers the exposed area of the side of the Lite; preventing it from falling out and stuff like that. The other pocket is intended for accessories (which actually has two separate sides). One side contains the following: 1 pocket for an extra stylus, 2 DS game slots (which can hold 2 each, for a total of 4 DS games altogether). The opposite side has a net pocket, where you can place various things (even the DS Lite charger; though I think you can probably fit a lot more DS games if you chose not to place the charger there). I chose to put the charger in the net pocket, since the main reason I chose this was to have my charger with me wherever I went. At first I thought it wouldn't fit, but if you use a twisty tie to roll up the excess cord (like how it was tied when you opened your DS Lite box) it fits perfectly; just make sure the adapter goes at the bottom of the net pocket with the cord following it.

It also has a strap that will wrap around the shoulder of your backpack straps, as well as a metal clip to help it cling onto things. It has enough cushion as to protect your handheld and accessories. Overall, I think it's the best pouch out right now (although some would disagree). But for me, as long as it could hold the charger and a couple games, it does the job. It doesn't hurt to look sexy as well!

As for the Compact Pouch, I didn't get to take a good look at it, but it definately fits in your pocket pants; front or back (unless you wear tight jeans or something). It looks sort of bulky in your pocket, but not as bulky as it would if you had a PSP in there. The plus side about it is that you can play while it's still inside the pouch, however you cannot hit the shoulder buttons (which is the downside to it). But if you have little kids around, it'll protect your Lite from your kids' CRAYON STYLUS! I think it had 1 GBA pocket and 2 DS pockets. The DS pockets were about the same size of the Multi Pouch, so I'm guessing it could fit four as well (not totally sure). But overall, it looks just as sexy, and it fits in your pockets (though I think using the Mario Bundle Sleeve Kit, where you get free at CC, would be a better choice for an in-your-pants pouch. The major downside for me was that it won't hold the charger, so I didn't pick it up.

These are just my two cents, hope it helps anyone that's still looking for one.

So here are the pictures (NOTE: These pictures are taken with a DS Lite, charger, 4 games & 1 Stylus already in the pouch; Mario cleaning kit NOT included) Let me know if these pictures don't work please (it's my first time posting pics in a message board):

So here is the pouch. It's a pretty slick design, not too big or bulky, but just right.

As you can see, it's not that thick or bulky at all, even with all the pockets filled in with something plus the charger.

Here's the interior of the accessories side of the pouch. As you can see, it is two sided. And for those that are unsure if the charger can fit: if you can coil the cord in this fashion, you should have no problem zipping up the pouch. Some other guy reviewed this pouch on his blog, and kept complaining that his pouch was going to explode if he put the charger in. The last picture to the right is a side view with the shoulder strap opened to expose if the charger does stick out. And from that picture you can see it clearly does not, if any.

Here's the interior of the DS side of the pouch (sorry it's kind of hard to see), but I think it's made of the same soft material that the compact pouch is made out of. And like the OP said, the fabric reassures you that no scratches or scuffs will get on your Lite.

I hope this little addition with pictures helps you guys out.

Overall Score: 9/10 [Maybe could have had more slots to store games, but other than that, it does its job flawlessly.

Mario Sleeve Bundle Kit Mini-Review
WARNING!!!
Before considering the Mario Sleeve, take heed. Both Linkycat and Ma12kez have said that the Mario Sleeve, the red one specifically, have tainted the matte finish on their DSL. Check out posts 67 and 69 on page 4 of this thread for their testimonials.

Also here's a comparison of that Mario Bundle Sleeve:

From this, you can see that it'd definately fit perfectly in your pocket. So anyone looking for a pouch (neoprene fabric) that can fit in your pocket, this is the way to go. It won't fit anything else but the Lite, though it does come with a cool cleaning kit. It's a simple pouch design with two velcro strips to keep your Lite from falling out. However, there's something to note about this particular pouch. I haven't experienced it before, but some people say the colored ones (blue or red) leave marks on your Lite after a while. So to be safe, if you consider picking this particular pouch up, get the white one. Though I haven't had any problems with my red one thus far, but then again I haven't had this for over a week yet. I'll let you guys know if anything happens.

Thanks for this review
I'm actually thinking to snatch this one
but deciding which colour to go for though
black vs grey/white
hmph

I picked up the same pouch and have no complaints. I was originally upset about the lack of space for the charger, but realized it would add to the overall bulk of the case and thought it was a good trade. If I know I`m going somewhere overnight, I just pack the charger in my carry on bag and it`s no problem.

I definitely feel safe carrying my DSL inside of it and am not embarassed to hold it around in public. The belt clip is also pretty sweet.

I have the original Hori DS compact pouch for the old DS.
PA.26564.001.jpg

I was unsure of the new one for the lite from the inside picture because it looked almost too cushy. Seeing your pictures of the outside of the case helped me see it keeps the look of the original which I use and love. So thank you very much for the review OP. I'm going to pick one up. I may have to use lik-sang though since play-asia is out of stock on the black one now.

EDIT: I just ordered one from play-asia as lik-sang is back ordered as well. Thanks again OP!

Great Review, can't wait for mine to ship. Play-Asia's seem to be BackOrdered too though, I ordered 3 days ago and it's saying it may not ship out till the 27th. Uck. I was confused as well about playing it in the case. It definately shows it like it can be played in the case, but I was unsure as to how you'd hit the shoulder buttons. Thanks for that warning.

Thanks for the review. I think not being able to hold the charger in the case is a deal breaker for me. I have a whole drawer full of loose chargers and cords and for my SPs, I keep all the accessories (earbuds, charger, SP) in one case. Helps me to keep things together and not have to hunt for them in the drawer full of chargers and cords.

I'll check out the bigger case when I get more games and other stuff.

Very thorough and detailed review w/nice pics - THX - For those of you who experience back-orders or do not wish to order from Asia due to extended ship times I would like to point you toward www.japanvideogames.com - despite the HORI DS Lite case *NOT* listed on their website (they are redoing it), they have them in stock for $ 12.00'ish - I am being vague because their prime business outreach is via e-bay under the userID: "egamestar" , and so you may even get it for $ 9.99 buy-it-now. I bought from them via ebay and received it NEXT DAY - highly recommended - one more caviat is that they only carry it in a 'true blue' type color, but it's a great alternative for those of you who don't want to import directly.

peaceout

There's one thing I don't care for in this case, and that is the fact that the games are held in pockets directly opposite the system...it would have made more sense if there was a flap that came down over the system's top and it was on the BACK side of that flap that the games were stored...it could be held against the inner-top of the case with a smidge of velcro or a button or something...but I don't like a fat GBA cartridge putting uneven pressure on the top half of my DSL or possibly shifting in transport and managing to slid around on the glossy top of the system.

That and the fact that I have no interest in using the system while still in the case and I don't care for not having room for the AC adapter...I'm definitely steering towards the multi...

Thanks for the review though! I wish you could have ended up with the multi so we could get as detailed (and photo-laden) a review for that one as well.

I'm glad this is helping some people. Hopefully, if someone does get they Multi Pouch, someone will review it so people will have something to compare this to.:)

I'll do my best once I get my multi. With luck next week since it shipped yesterday.

I swear that nobody makes perfect cases for anything, whether it be portable, cell phone, PDA: whatever. But these Hori cases come closer to ideal than the junk they release here in the USA for the Game Boy and DS lines.

-HM

I posted this on another thread, but I thought this would be a better place since they are from the same company. PLUS I finally got some pictures up!! After seeing this thread, and lots of people asking me to get pictures, I thought I'd help out some CAGs. So if the OP doesn't mind to change the title a bit to add the Hori Multi Pouch Imressions/Review, that'd be great.

Enjoy!! Remember, this is just from my own experience. I am no expert reviewer.

Well my friend and I just got our pouches in the mail today, and I got to admit that they are pretty awesome!

I chose to get a White-Gray Multi Pouch (he got the compact one; hopefully he'll post his impressions on that), and I've got to say it was exactly what I was looking for. I was expecting it to be big and bulky, but it was actually smaller. I guess those online pictures make it look bigger than usual. Anyway, the case is split into two pockets: one side completely devoted to the Lite, and the other for the accessories. The Lite fits perfectly snug in the pocket, and the flap covers the exposed area of the side of the Lite; preventing it from falling out and stuff like that. The other pocket is intended for accessories (which actually has two separate sides). One side contains the following: 1 pocket for an extra stylus, 2 DS game slots (which can hold 2 each, for a total of 4 DS games altogether). The opposite side has a net pocket, where you can place various things (even the DS Lite charger; though I think you can probably fit a lot more DS games if you chose not to place the charger there). I chose to put the charger in the net pocket, since the main reason I chose this was to have my charger with me wherever I went. At first I thought it wouldn't fit, but if you use a twisty tie to roll up the excess cord (like how it was tied when you opened your DS Lite box) it fits perfectly; just make sure the adapter goes at the bottom of the net pocket with the cord following it.

It also has a strap that will wrap around the shoulder of your backpack straps, as well as a metal clip to help it cling onto things. It has enough cushion as to protect your handheld and accessories. Overall, I think it's the best pouch out right now (although some would disagree). But for me, as long as it could hold the charger and a couple games, it does the job. It doesn't hurt to look sexy as well!

As for the Compact Pouch, I didn't get to take a good look at it, but it definately fits in your pocket pants; front or back (unless you wear tight jeans or something). It looks sort of bulky in your pocket, but not as bulky as it would if you had a PSP in there. The plus side about it is that you can play while it's still inside the pouch, however you cannot hit the shoulder buttons (which is the downside to it). But if you have little kids around, it'll protect your Lite from your kids' CRAYON STYLUS! I think it had 1 GBA pocket and 2 DS pockets. The DS pockets were about the same size of the Multi Pouch, so I'm guessing it could fit four as well (not totally sure). But overall, it looks just as sexy, and it fits in your pockets (though I think using the Mario Bundle Sleeve kit, where you get free at CC, would be a better choice for an in-your-pants pouch. The major downside for me was that it won't hold the charger, so I didn't pick it up.

These are just my two cents, hope it helps anyone that's still looking for one.

So here are the pictures (NOTE: These pictures are taken with a DS Lite, charger, 4 games & 1 Stylus already in the pouch; Mario cleaning kit NOT included) Let me know if these pictures don't work please (it's my first time posting pics in a message board):

th_dslite015.jpg
th_dslite014.jpg
th_dslite016.jpg
th_dslite017.jpg

So here is the pouch. It's a pretty slick design, not too big or bulky, but just right.

th_dslite011.jpg
th_dslite012.jpg
th_dslite007.jpg

As you can see, it's not that thick or bulky at all, even with all the pockets filled in with something plus the charger.

th_dslite003.jpg
th_dslite002.jpg
th_dslite001.jpg
th_dslite004.jpg

Here's the interior of the accessories side of the pouch. As you can see, it is two sided. And for those that are unsure if the charger can fit: if you can coil the cord in this fashion, you should have no problem zipping up the pouch. Some other guy reviewed this pouch on his blog, and kept complaining that his pouch was going to explode if he put the charger in. The last picture to the right is a side view with the shoulder strap opened to expose if the charger does stick out. And from that picture you can see it clearly does not, if any.

th_dslite006.jpg
th_dslite005.jpg
th_dslite010.jpg

Here's the interior of the DS side of the pouch (sorry it's kind of hard to see), but I think it's made of the same soft material that the compact pouch is made out of. And like the OP said, the fabric reassures you that no scratches or scuffs will get on your Lite.

I hope this little addition with pictures helps you guys out.

Overall Score: 9/10 [Maybe could have had more slots to store games, but other than that, it does its job flawlessly.

Also here's a comparison of that Mario Bundle Sleeve:

th_dslite009.jpg
th_dslite008.jpg

From this, you can see that it'd definately fit perfectly in your pocket. So anyone looking for a pouch (neoprene fabric) that can fit in your pocket, this is the way to go. It won't fit anything else but the Lite, though it does come with a cool cleaning kit. It's a simple pouch design with two velcro strips to keep your Lite from falling out. However, there's something to note about this particular pouch. I haven't experienced it before, but some people say the colored ones (blue or red) leave marks on your Lite after a while. So to be safe, if you consider picking this particular pouch up, get the white one. Though I haven't had any problems with my red one thus far, but then again I haven't had this for over a week yet. I'll let you guys know if anything happens.

If you guys need better pictures, let me know. I'm still new at posting pictures on message boards.
IMG%5D

Very nice. Thanks for the pics.

I'd imagine if you rotated the charger another 90 degrees, you'd probably have enough room to get the whole cord bundle in the mesh pocket.

nice pics all!

I'm going with Ma12kez's Hori multi-pouch/Mario Sleeve combo. I had to hit 3 stores today before I found a white sleeve kit, btw I haven't seen it mentioned but they have 2 velcro flaps inside at the top to keep your DS from sliding out.

I just got my Hori compact pouch and screen protectors today. The case is better than I expected.

I didn't know the hori screen protector wouldn't fit over the entire screen so it's shifted to the left leaving the right side open. :bomb:

GAH. I got dust trapped under the top screen protector!

There, updated with both reviews!:)

Hollow Man, all of my pics are linked to larger pics... I'm not sure if Ma12kez's pics are but they're not linked to anything in his post.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']There, updated with both reviews!:)

Hollow Man, all of my pics are linked to larger pics... I'm not sure if Ma12kez's pics are but they're not linked to anything in his post.:whistle2:([/quote]
If you can show me how to do that, I gladly would. I'm kind of new at posting pictures. And thanks for adding my review to the title.

HTML:
[url=www.linktofullsizepic.com] [img]www.linktothumbnail.com[/img] [/url]

That's the code. Or you can just give me the direct links to the big pics and thumbnails, I can fix it myself.:)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']My black multipouch just shipped! Yes! And my screen protector too, which means I can buy a DS Lite as soon as I get back home. Excellent.[/quote]

Did you end up getting it at Play-Asia? They got more in stock? Cool no matter how it came about.

For the record, I stayed up far too late last night playing New Super Mario Brothers. I think my brain might explode from trying to play that and F.E.A.R. in the same evening. One dark with blood smeared all over the walls, and the other bright cheery happy graphics!

-HM

Just as a side note - you can get Hori DS Lite protectors on ebay for around $6.88 shipped. I just bought one, and there were a bunch more, so if you're looking to get one for under $10, that's an option.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Did you end up getting it at Play-Asia? They got more in stock? Cool no matter how it came about.

For the record, I stayed up far too late last night playing New Super Mario Brothers. I think my brain might explode from trying to play that and F.E.A.R. in the same evening. One dark with blood smeared all over the walls, and the other bright cheery happy graphics!

-HM[/QUOTE]

Well it had been 1-2 weeks when I ordered it (the case, not the protectors), so I figured they would wait until the full order was there...but then i got an email and it had shipped and they are indicating that BOTH the case and protector are coming in one shipment...so maybe they gave me priority because I had an incomplete order waiting to be filled by the pouch, or they got more...

Yay...Ima get my DS Lite for myself as a graduation present.

[quote name='Vinny']
HTML:
[url=www.linktofullsizepic.com] [img]www.linktothumbnail.com[/img] [/url]
That's the code. Or you can just give me the direct links to the big pics and thumbnails, I can fix it myself.:)[/quote]
I'll PM you the direct links & thumbnails to you so you could fix up the OP. And thanks to Cheapy for combining our posts to make it easier to view!:applause:

I'll get you those links once I get home.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I'll PM you the direct links & thumbnails to you so you could fix up the OP. And thanks to Cheapy for combining our posts to make it easier to view!:applause:

I'll get you those links once I get home.[/QUOTE]

Alright, cool man, that'd save me a lot of time.:) Make sure to use the html tags, otherwise I won't be able to copy and paste. The tag is:
(html)your image tags here(/html)

Replace the ( & ) with [ & ].:)

[quote name='Hollow Man']Oh, I didn't realize you had ordered the case a few weeks ago.

-HM[/QUOTE]

I ordered just over two NIGHTS ago...hence the surprise.

Oh, ok, I get it now. When you said it had been 1-2 weeks when you ordered the case, I thought you meant you ordered it 1-2 weeks ago, not that the web site said it would ship in 1-2 weeks.

And thanks to whomever was responsible for the links to the larger pics of the multi!

-HM

[quote name='swetooth9']man, i ordered my compact pouch on june 4 and it stil hasnt shipped[/QUOTE]

It is back ordered? If it is, it might take awhile. I had to wait about 10 days after placing my order for them to receive more of the black Compact Pouches.

[quote name='Vinny']It is back ordered? If it is, it might take awhile. I had to wait about 10 days after placing my order for them to receive more of the black Compact Pouches.[/quote]

i guess so...on my playasia order form it has a check mark next to the hori ds lite screen protectors but not a check next to the hori compact pouch...it still says "preparing order"

Nice review. I have to admit, the Compact Pouch doesn't have a lot of storage. But personally, I don't find it a problem because I like to store my games seperately in these hard cases anyway.

2342342342340171tz.jpg

[quote name='swetooth9']i guess so...on my playasia order form it has a check mark next to the hori ds lite screen protectors but not a check next to the hori compact pouch...it still says "preparing order"[/QUOTE]

Hmm, my multipouch has the same issue, and my screen protectors have the check. Lame- the multipatch said ship w/in 24 hrs when I ordered it.

My order only had a check mark for a while too...but then it said it shipped and both of my items, case and protectors, were in the order status page as shipped...

So as I said I hope its in one shipment...anyways, those hard cases for DS games look good? Whats the brand on those?

I like the hard game cases I got. Review and pics here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97534

Obviously they won't fit in the single game pouches in the multi case, but it should be able to sit in that accessory compartment with no problem. The extra protection is worth it to me, otherwise the only thing between the games and the charger (which I plan to put in the mesh pocket) will be the flimsy piece of fabric that makes up the game pockets.

-HM

Got my multi today. Verdict - better than I expected considering some of the bad press it got. A definite keeper.

Ma12kez went over a good majority of it, so I won't try to rehash. I will reiterate that I agree one expects this thing to be bigger, but it's smaller than expected, which is a good thing.

In his picture he put the cable to the charger on top of it, but I was able to get it in on the side, in the pocket, and still keep the charger rotated the same exact way.

A plastic ALS case (which I reviewed here) fits very nicely on the outside of the mesh pocket, giving some extra protection over the fabric pockets. If you're feeling really daring, it is possible to get two in side-by-side (NOT stacked; by putting the long edges up against one another) if you don't put the stylus in. This does put a bit of a strain on the sides of the case though, so I wouldn't recommend it.

While it does bulge a bit in the back with the charger in, I'd say the majority of the bulge is due to the velcro strap back there. I guess it's there so you can affix the thing to a backpack strap.

I think it's styling. For day-to-day travel you could forgo keeping the charger in there, pack an extra ALS game case, and it would be a bit less bulky. And with that extra bit of poundage off, I think this case is padded well enough that if you dropped it, the Lite would survive.

So the only negative I give it is that getting two game cases in plus the charger is a bit of stretch. But if you're willing to take only one game case, this thing can't be beat.

-HM

Like I said - putting two ALS game cases in plus the charger really pushes the seams of the case at the zipper. Adding earbuds to that mix would kill it.

I would guess if you removed the stylus, put the cable for the charger on that side, then maybe you could also get the earbuds on that side if you worked hard to line up the cables for the charger and the earbuds so they wouldn't take up too much girth. Then you could get one ALS game case over on the other side (where the existing game pockets are).

But you'd have to work at it, which most people aren't willing to do.

Upshot = the charger takes up a good amount of the pocket area, so the only other things you can get in with it are items that are really flat.

-HM

Hollow Man, thanks to you I picked up a pack of DS 3-game cases today...great quality! The plastic is so hard, and the games are held in place but under no pressure laterally or vertically whatsoever. I think I will either stick the charger in the back pouch, or two side-by-side DS game cases (whenever I get my Hori case and subsequently my Lite :) )...either way, since with the addition of Phoenix Wright I now have 6 games, this couldn't be more perfect.

I was also tempted to get the GBA one too...is that one as good? Wondering if you've tried it...

I don't have the ALS GBA cases (I'm a first time Nintendo owner).

My girlfriend has GBA ones made by MadCatz that look like little suitcases, are multicolored, and stack via interlocking bits. They do the trick for her. The plastic on those is a little softer, but that's fine because the GBA cartridges, being made of hard plastic, can withstand A LOT more abuse than the DS game cards.

I just think the ALS cases are a good idea, especially if you keep the charger in the multi pouch. Otherwise the only thing protecting the game cards from the hard plastic of the charger is the relatively thin fabric of the pocket.

You actually need 7 games, because I personally think it's a good idea to keep one in the Lite at all times, to protect the slot from gathering dust. It's a well protected area, so why not keep one in there, so you always have an extra game on the go?

-HM

bread's done
Back