Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
CheapyD says:
The demo is up, but you have to dig for it
342.53MB, It's a 20 minute timed demo.

Here is how you find it:

-edit It should be under newly released demos now.

Xbox Live Marketplace -> Games -> All Game Downloads -> Tony Hawk Project 8

OR

Xbox Live Marketplace -> Games -> Games Download by Genre -> Sports -> Tony Hawk Project 8

--------------------------------------

I'm surprised that not alot of people are talking about Tony Hawk Project 8. It really seems like they nailed everything this time around.

An original seamless town, ditching the story elements, ragdolls physics, Chalk Challenges, RPG style leveling, puzzle-oriented challenge and Nail The Move.

[quote name='IGN']THP8 sees the introduction of something Neversoft is calling Nail the Trick. By clicking down on both analog sticks, the camera will pan out to a close-up side view as the game slows to a crawl. The analog sticks then each control one of your feet and your board moves from being part of your animation to an actual physics object. By moving the sticks, you're able to independently control your feet to kick and tap your board into spins, rotations and more. There aren't any set moves here, so whatever sorts of tricks you can come up with you can perform. It looks to be a pretty awesome way of giving the player complete control over what they're doing and we can't wait to mess around with this ourselves[/quote]
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/720/720739p1.html

Rebuilding the game ground up sounds like a good deal so far, but really, whats new so far is the paragraph you mentioned. Everything else seems the same, so we need more details to decide if this game is worth hyping.

i was looking forward to this game till i saw the gameplay trailer and discovered that it isn't going to be "realistic". the game play looks just like the rest of the games, i.e. no gravity.

Eh, I stopped playing TH games after the 3rd one. I'll probably get this game when it gets cheap.

I think that the game looks pretty promising. I loved Tony Hawk 4, so hopefully this will be Neversoft's return to making great Tony Hawk games rather than the lacking THUG 1&2 / American Wasteland games. I just hope that this game is actually challenging.

Remember when Neversoft said they were taking a year off of making TH games....ROFL
gsvery-happy.gif

Now onto business, I really loved the TH games hell the first game got me into skateboarding which I still do from time to time. It just seemed to me that after 3 they went downhill. 4 was good but Underground was terrible. I have always hoped they went for a more serious type of skating game were you weren't able to do crazy ass tricks. You would just do stuff that was realistic.

I want a demo before I purchase this. I made the mistake of buying THAW without looking at reviews. Tony I want my money back. Also this is the 8th game they really need to do something to change the franchise around. I would really like to see a sim type game. I want to be only able to do a 540 when I hit a small half pipe not a 1260 off a kicker.

I been watching everything on this game they released so little information about it I can't wait for it though.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Remember when Neversoft said they were taking a year off of making TH games....ROFL
gsvery-happy.gif

Now onto business, I really loved the TH games hell the first game got me into skateboarding which I still do from time to time. It just seemed to me that after 3 they went downhill. 4 was good but Underground was terrible. I have always hoped they went for a more serious type of skating game were you weren't able to do crazy ass tricks. You would just do stuff that was realistic.[/QUOTE]

I'm still under the belief that both THPS4 & THUG2 did not need to be made and that Neversoft should move the series to a bi-yearly franchise (similar to NBA Street).

The first 5 Tony Hawk games were pretty sweet, then it started going downhill. THUG2 was noticeably worse, and then THAW was even worse than that.

I hope this one doesn't disappoint, but it probably will.

I've plated every TH game except for 3. I think 4 was the worst offender. My conclusion is to not buy them at full price.
That being said, I'm really awating this new one to see how it turns out.

Demo coming October 20th (Friday):

TONY HAWK’S PROJECT 8 DEMO TO DEBUT ON​
XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE OCTOBER 20​

Santa Monica, CA – October 19, 2006 – The competition to become a member of Tony Hawk’s elite skate team starts on your Xbox 360™ with the free Tony Hawk’s Project 8 demo available on Xbox Live® Marketplace Oct. 20.

Gamers can download the demo and hit the Concrete Park where they will experience some of the latest innovations in the #1 best selling action sports franchise from Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), including “Nail the Trick,” which gives players precision control over how their skater moves their feet to flip the skateboard; “Filmer” goals that require players to follow a cameraman and complete tricks that he calls out; and “Spot Challenges” which are ambient goals that players can access throughout the game world and complete as they choose.

Tony Hawk’s Project 8 is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft. The game is rated “T” by the ESRB and is scheduled for release in November.

[quote name='CheapyD']Demo coming October 20th (Friday):[/quote] All you guys with 360s who download the demo have got to tell us how it is. I'm excited for this game.

I hear whispers that THP8 will be harder on SICK than all of the previous Tony Hawk games combined.

Which is good because I beat every goal in the story and Classic modes of THAW in 5 hours and two minutes.

Come to think of it, I beat THPS1, 2, 3, 4, THUG1, and THUG2 in one 24-hour long marathon. All goals in all modes on the hardest difficulties.

[quote name='CheapyD']Demo coming October 20th (Friday):[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cheapy.

I forgot I even made this.

----------

They also announced the soundtrack a few days ago.

76% Uncertain – “Radio”
Aurelius- “Hemlock”
Bad Religion - “Social Suicide”
Black Mountain – “Druganaut”
Charizma & PB Wolf – “Devotion”
Claus Grabke – “Cause”
Cryptic Slaughter – “Lowlife”
Damian Marley – “Move”
Dead Milkmen, The – “Punk Rock Girl”
Die Young (TX) – “Anthem of the Prodigal Son”
Eagles of Death Metal – “Chase The Devil”
Funk Face – “Zoo York City”
Gnarls Barkley – “Gone Daddy Gone”
Gym Class Heroes – “The Queen And I”
Hieroglyphics – “At The Helm”
Hold Steady, The – “Your Little Hoodrat Friend”
Immortal – “One by One”
Jaylib – “The Red”
Joy Division – “Interzone”
Kasabian – “Club Foot”
Kool and the Gang – “Summer Madness”
Legitimate Business – “80 on 80”
Liquid Liquid – “Optimo”
Living Legends – “Moving at the Speed of Life”
Ministry – “Stigmata (Remix)”
Mogwai – “Glasgow Mega Snake”
Monty Are I – “In This Legacy”
Nine Inch Nails – “Getting Smaller”
Noise – “Dirty Evil”
Oh No – “Chump”
Pardon My Extinguisher – “Bitch And Moan”
Plus 44 – “Lycanthrope”
Primus – “American Life”
The Ramones – “I Wanna Live”
Revolution Mother – “Second Thoughts”
Slayer – “Angel of Death”
Sonic Youth – “Nic Fit”
Stasera – “Palisades”
Supersuckers – “Goodbye”
The Channeling – “The Frighteners”
The Cure – “Plastic Passion”
The Klaxons – “Gravity's Rainbox”
The Sword – “Iron Swan”
The Throwaway's – “You're Not the Only One”
The Walkmen – “This Job is Killing Me”
Thine Eyes Bleed – “Without Warning”
Thunderlords – “Ice Cream Headache”
Toots & the Maytals – “Time Tough”
Transplants – “Pay Any Price”
Typical Cats – “Any Day”
Ugly Duckling – “Smack”
VanStone – “Skate Town”
Voltera – “Do What Your Daddy Say”
Wildchild – “Wonder Years”
Wolfmother – “Woman”
Zeke – “Kill the King”

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12012/Tony-Hawks-Project-8-Soundtrack-Announced/

Pretty good stuff.

Sweet, can wait to play the demo. I have the game pre-ordered. So this will make or break it for me. I love the Tony Hawk franchise. But everything since THUG sucked.

[quote name='Sporadic']Thanks Cheapy.

I forgot I even made this.

----------

They also announced the soundtrack a few days ago.

76% Uncertain – “Radio”
Aurelius- “Hemlock”
Bad Religion - “Social Suicide”
Black Mountain – “Druganaut”
Charizma & PB Wolf – “Devotion”
Claus Grabke – “Cause”
Cryptic Slaughter – “Lowlife”
Damian Marley – “Move”
Dead Milkmen, The – “Punk Rock Girl”
Die Young (TX) – “Anthem of the Prodigal Son”
Eagles of Death Metal – “Chase The Devil”
Funk Face – “Zoo York City”
Gnarls Barkley – “Gone Daddy Gone”
Gym Class Heroes – “The Queen And I”
Hieroglyphics – “At The Helm”
Hold Steady, The – “Your Little Hoodrat Friend”
Immortal – “One by One”
Jaylib – “The Red”
Joy Division – “Interzone”
Kasabian – “Club Foot”
Kool and the Gang – “Summer Madness”
Legitimate Business – “80 on 80”
Liquid Liquid – “Optimo”
Living Legends – “Moving at the Speed of Life”
Ministry – “Stigmata (Remix)”
Mogwai – “Glasgow Mega Snake”
Monty Are I – “In This Legacy”
Nine Inch Nails – “Getting Smaller”
Noise – “Dirty Evil”
Oh No – “Chump”
Pardon My Extinguisher – “Bitch And Moan”
Plus 44 – “Lycanthrope”
Primus – “American Life”
The Ramones – “I Wanna Live”
Revolution Mother – “Second Thoughts”
Slayer – “Angel of Death”
Sonic Youth – “Nic Fit”
Stasera – “Palisades”
Supersuckers – “Goodbye”
The Channeling – “The Frighteners”
The Cure – “Plastic Passion”
The Klaxons – “Gravity's Rainbox”
The Sword – “Iron Swan”
The Throwaway's – “You're Not the Only One”
The Walkmen – “This Job is Killing Me”
Thine Eyes Bleed – “Without Warning”
Thunderlords – “Ice Cream Headache”
Toots & the Maytals – “Time Tough”
Transplants – “Pay Any Price”
Typical Cats – “Any Day”
Ugly Duckling – “Smack”
VanStone – “Skate Town”
Voltera – “Do What Your Daddy Say”
Wildchild – “Wonder Years”
Wolfmother – “Woman”
Zeke – “Kill the King”

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12012/Tony-Hawks-Project-8-Soundtrack-Announced/

Pretty good stuff.[/quote]

lame soundtrack.

I've got some good hopes for this. THUG 2 is easily the worst out of the series for me (some of the shittest and un-fun level design I'd seen at the time). I enjoyed 3, 4 and THUG alot. THAW was alright...however, it pretty much held my hand the entire time, and I was able to beat the game in around 5 hours.

so when will it be up today?

on a side note: THPS2 was the highest point in the series. From THPS3 the insanity began... and now we have a combo infested game.

I hope it's good....It's been a while since I played a Tony Hawk game. I know it has evolved since I touched it. The soundtrack seems ok....nothing really mainstream, which is good for some, bad for others.

[quote name='doubledown']I hope it's good....It's been a while since I played a Tony Hawk game. I know it has evolved since I touched it. The soundtrack seems ok....nothing really mainstream, which is good for some, bad for others.[/QUOTE]

more like "semi-underground-mainstream"

Liquid Liquid, Sonic Youth, Dead Milkmen and Toots and the Maytals....definitely wasn't expecting any of these bands to show up on a game OST :) especially liquid liquid.

[quote name='Apossum']Liquid Liquid, Sonic Youth, Dead Milkmen and Toots and the Maytals....definitely wasn't expecting any of these bands to show up on a game OST :) especially liquid liquid.[/quote]

Sonic Youth also had their song 'Kool Thing' on the True Crime NYC Soundtrack... I can definitely reccomend that game... Read my review of it here

Anyway, it's nice to see the Hirogliphics on the soundtrack, I've been a fan of Del the Funky Homosapien for too many years to even count...

It would be nice if companies could actually release demos the day they claim they will. They would be better off just not saying a damn thing.

What are you guys complaining about? It's still October 20th. The night ain't over till 12:00 Am on the dot. You've got until after 11:59:59 PM to complain.

[quote name='Randy Orton']What are you guys complaining about? It's still October 20th. The night ain't over till 12:00 Am on the dot. You've got until after 11:59:59 PM to complain.[/QUOTE]

Start complaining.

As far as TH is concerned...did anyone here announce that? Yea, I thought so. See this post for details:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/06/27/Where-is-_2800_insert-title-here_2900_.aspx

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/10/20/Match-made-in-Hell.aspx#comments

Lame lame fucking lame.

It's been said time and time again Marketplace Content will not be posted up on Friday unless it's absolutely necessary. If some nubs hear else wise on a mssg board and get dissopointed then that's their own fault.

bread's done
Back