Wii Pre-Order Thread - Facts, Rumors and Everything In Between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Some people have been asking about preordering the Wii. Right now there are two confirmed locations about where one can jump on the boat early.

B0009VXBAQ.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41617776_.jpg

1. Gamestop
For Previous Information on Pre-Order Deal for HAWAII ONLY - Refer to this post: this post
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: Unknown
Link: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp?

2. Amazon (Thanks to bmarquardt for the Heads Up)
Conditions: Unknown
Start of Preorder: September 15th
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009VXBAQ/

3. FYE
Conditions: Put down $50
Start of Preorder: Sometime during late spring 2006
Store Locations: http://shop.fye.com/StoreLocator.aspx

4. Lik-Sang.com
Conditions: No Money Down
1. Your pre-order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
2. Once release details are known, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
5. Release date is not confirmed and might change.
6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your credit card is NOT charged.
7. All special pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 1 unit.
8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese.
9. Choices and changes are also allowed if several editions/colors are made available.
10. Once games and accessories are confirmed, you will be able to add them to your order.
Start of Preorder: I forgot ^^;
Link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=351&products_id=6998&

I will update the post as more pre-orders (hopefully) start up. Good hunting!

[quote name='musicnoteless']I've had my wii pre-order since may thanks to CAG. CAG and FYE Rock![/QUOTE]

True that - I'm in the same boat. :D

[quote name='SeriousMite']Are the pre-orders at Lik-Sang for the Japanese version?[/QUOTE]

Good question. Could be the Japanese version since LS is based in HK (I think). Doesn't hurt to put your name on the list since you don't have to put any money down and confirm later.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Good question. Could be the Japanese version since LS is based in HK (I think). Doesn't hurt to put your name on the list since you don't have to put any money down and confirm later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I did.

I just noticed this from their description:

"8. Depending on release schedule, you will be offered choice between European, US or Japanese."

I just called my FYE where I pre-ordered. Last time they were just taking pre-orders with phone numbers (there was no actual pre-order list). I was #3 for the Wii. I re-confirmed today and I'm still #3! So now it's official!

Question (and I'm not sure if this is OT or not, but it feels like it belongs here):

Does anyone else think there might be store-made bundles on Black Friday, which might contain small deals?

I'm talking like Wii + Extra Wiimote set for $300 instead of $310.

Cuz that's going to determine whether or not I'm going to pre-order.

[quote name='Strell']Question (and I'm not sure if this is OT or not, but it feels like it belongs here):

Does anyone else think there might be store-made bundles on Black Friday, which might contain small deals?

I'm talking like Wii + Extra Wiimote set for $300 instead of $310.

Cuz that's going to determine whether or not I'm going to pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Saving $10 isn't worth the hassle of Black Friday.

IMO.

[quote name='Roufuss']Saving $10 isn't worth the hassle of Black Friday.

IMO.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

That might be all I need to know.

IMO.[/quote]

QFT.

Last back friday was not even worth it to go out and shop.

[quote name='Bazz']I don't really trust Fye with my preorder at moment.[/quote]

Same here. It was kind of shady in my opinion, but at least I've got my receipt to get my money back just in case they try anything.

I'm gonna preorder at this EBgames near the school, hopefully I have leftover money from tuition and rent.

I might wait for a 24 hour Wal-Mart on Launch day. 25,000 retailers and 4 Million consoles by the end of the year should be eneough for everyone...right?

But just to be sure...Stickied!

$1000 dollar bundles at EB/Gamestop...Who's in?

[quote name='crazyj']I'm gonna preorder at this EBgames near the school, hopefully I have leftover money from tuition and rent.[/QUOTE]

Here is a man with his priorities straight.

IMO.[/quote]

seconded. last years was hell on earth. i didn't know it could get as bad as it did.

i wonder if eb/gamestop is going to run one of those "trade in your gamecube and x amount of games, get credit towards wii" dealies. i'd never part with mine (gba player), but the backwards compatibilty makes the gamecube essentially worthless after the wii comes out.

I guess I'll check my FYE again. Hopefully stuff has changed.

I really wish green was a launch color. It's so awesome, but I really don't want to wait for it.

[quote name='djkunai']Rumored: GameCrazy will start preorders on Monday.[/quote]

Strangely enough, here in Phoenix, the GameCrazy nearest me was taking pre-orders back after E3. They stopped taking them after their list got way too long.

[quote name='Plinko']Why all the negativity for FYE?[/QUOTE]

No idea. They've offered fantastic trade in deals that many CAGers have taken advantage of, and I picked up my PS2 there at a fantastic price.

I have total confidence in them.

[quote name='MC Hampster']Strangely enough, here in Phoenix, the GameCrazy nearest me was taking pre-orders back after E3. They stopped taking them after their list got way too long.[/QUOTE]

Those aren't preorders. Since GM-Wii (Gaming Machine- Wii [the actual console]) wasn't in the system, most store managers took $50 as a CASH DEPOSIT under accounts, and then once it hit the system would refund the $50, and on the same transaction make the official preorder.

What really sucks is my old store shut down two weeks ago, and they had easily over 100 deposits of $50 for Wii and PS3, which they (hopefully) all converted to the nearest store.

[quote name='Strell']Here is a man with his priorities straight.[/quote]

nothing really straight about it if I dont pay rent I get kicked out if I dont pay tuition I get kicked out of school and would be too scared to show my face at my parents house.

Damn being a broke college student sucks. I wish the Wii would have came out when I was in high school then I could've asked my parents.

Just making sure that everyone knows. FYE does the first come first served basis. Which means that regardless when you preorder, if you're the first one there you'll be getting your system. That's how it was for me when the 360 came out. Good thing that I was there first. Didn't matter that I was one of the last ones to pre-order.

[quote name='drsuper23']Just making sure that everyone knows. FYE does the first come first served basis. Which means that regardless when you preorder, if you're the first one there you'll be getting your system. That's how it was for me when the 360 came out. Good thing that I was there first. Didn't matter that I was one of the last ones to pre-order.[/QUOTE]

My experience with FYE back in '01 for the GameCube launch was less positive. I had preordered from them months in advance and had been told that I was guaranteed a unit on launch day.

Launch day comes, I wait in line, get to the front, only to be told that I wasn't high enough on the list, and that I would have to wait until the next shipment came in. I immediately got a refund on my deposit and ran over to the nearest TRU, which fortunately still had a few units in stock.

Based on that experience, I will not be preordering from FYE this time around.

IMO.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you can use two GGCs and get the same hypothetical deal on launch day.

Someone please send poor Strell some GGCs. I need to restock myself...

I've had a preorder from FYE, but I think I am going to cancel the preorder and wait till you can preorder it from ebgames. I can't drive a car yet and the FYE is not within walking distance. I have an ebgames pretty near my house though.

I just called my FYE (I'm 3rd on the list) and they assured me that it is NOT first-come, first-serve. She said the earlier you pre-ordered it, the earlier you get it.

i just got a call from "erin" at gamestop (a recording) saying that Friday morning they are taking pre-orders for Zelda for the wii... Don't know about the system itself though. They are adding 20% bonus credit to all games traded in towards zelda though.

Here's hoping it stacks with the bonus $10 and 10% Edge card...

[quote name='fivecardstud']i just got a call from "erin" at gamestop (a recording) saying that Friday morning they are taking pre-orders for Zelda for the wii... Don't know about the system itself though. They are adding 20% bonus credit to all games traded in towards zelda though.

Here's hoping it stacks with the bonus $10 and 10% Edge card...[/quote]

I just got the exact same call! I'm guessing it's for all the Gamecube Zelda pre-orders...But what if they start taking Wii-orders...Hey that rhymes!

IMO.[/quote]

A lot of CAGs are out deal hunting on Black Friday anyway, so if you're standing in line for an hour at Best Buy to get some cheap dvds and video games, might as well grab a Wii and save $10 while you're there.

My guess is that these will be selling out and that there won't be any special deals. I don't remember any launch week deals on the Xbox 360.

I got that call about Zelda as well. Luckily I'm running the truck at work tomorrow so I'll stop by and check out EB as soon or close to when it opens. I'm not too terribly worried about preorder though. The amount of units they're shooting for, even broken half here, half japan would leave enough to not have fist fights over, but if I can get an early preorder in that means I don't need to be at walmart at midnight on launch day.

I just put down a $50 deposit on the Wii at the FYE at Somerset Mall in Troy, MI tonight. The guy said I was 2nd on the list, so hopefully this one works out better than reserving the 360 at Gamestop which I'd probably still be waiting to arrive had I not canceled the pre-order in January.

[quote name='fivecardstud']i just got a call from "erin" at gamestop (a recording) saying that Friday morning they are taking pre-orders for Zelda for the wii... Don't know about the system itself though. They are adding 20% bonus credit to all games traded in towards zelda though.

Here's hoping it stacks with the bonus $10 and 10% Edge card...[/quote]
How and why did they call you..?

EDIT: do you have sign up for something to get called..?

I signed up for lik-sang like two months ago, but I'm sure that will end up being pointless. Since it's on a sunday I could always go to a 24 hour wal-mart, would they actually start selling at midnight or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back