6" x 9" Staples Bubble Mailers 99 Cents Starting Sunday.

OMG damn this had to happen next week. Guess I can stock up for trades.

edit: Sorry forgot to thank OP

Can't you pm an online order ?

[quote name='kevzik']12 for 99 cents? I may have to drive out to staples![/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's that same packet that is normally $8! Seeing that price reminds me of why I don't go to Office Supply stores for these things. You would think they would be cheap, but I can get them cheaper at Target or Fred Meyer. The best I've done before is Buy 2 Get 1 free on 6-packs at Fred Meyer. That brings the cost down to 33 cents each. If these 12-packs are 99 cents that is WAY better ;). I'll have to get a couple then send my wife in to get a couple more (since limit of 2). I don't need nearly that many, but at that price I can keep them around for when I do.

Yeah, it's the same bundle that's eight. The ad says there's over seven dollars in savings.

Added Link

They have a lot of other good basic stuff on sale. Like a three pack of scotch tape. A set of highlighters. Writing Pads, Ballpoint Pens, Stickie Pads. All $0.99.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, it's the same bundle that's eight. The ad says there's over seven dollars in savings.

Added Link

They have a lot of other good basic stuff on sale. Like a three pack of scotch tape. A set of highlighters. Writing Pads, Ballpoint Pens, Stickie Pads. All $0.99.[/quote]

sweet, i'll have to get scotch tape along with the mailers

thanks!

I have 60-70 in a box, but at that price I might swing by and pick up a couple packs. That's cheaper than you can get them online buying a lot of 100.

[quote name='swetooth9']sweet, i'll have to get scotch tape along with the mailers

thanks![/QUOTE]

Ditto!

The laser printer I use for printing shipping labels is also on sale. (Brother HL-2040) $70 after a $50 easy rebate. Works great for me. Only minor complaint is that it tends to curl plain paper.

Pick up that, a decent scale, some full sheet sticky labels, and some mailers and you are set to do everything mailing related from your house.

If you don't have a staples near by, I saw in the walgreens ad that they had a 3 for $1 coupon on bubble mailers. It isn't as good as the staples deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='erehwon']If you don't have a staples near by, I saw in the walgreens ad that they had a 3 for $1 coupon on bubble mailers. It isn't as good as the staples deal, but I thought I'd mention it.[/quote]

Well, at least I can take advantage of this.

I picked up 5 packs of mailers, 4 packs of scotch tape, 4 packs of Post-It notes, and a pack of highlighters, all for 99 cents each. How? My wife bought the other set. I snuck 3 packs of bubble mailers into my purchase and they didn't care. It was late afternoon and they still had tons of this stuff in the store. One of the best non-game CAG deals I've ever gotten - thanks OP! I get the ads but never pay attention to the Office Supply store ones (in fact, I get all 3 of those but don't get CC or Best Buy in my paper any more).

Just as an FYI, you can get 25 of these at Sam's Club anyday of the week for a shade under $5. I will be picking some up at Staples now that it's out of Stock on there website, but after the sale I'll be back at sams for them.

[quote name='chicagoz']I have been buying these each for 99 cents at CVS. Gotta hit Staples on New Years Day....if they are open.[/QUOTE]

Yikes! Target has 6-packs of pretty nice ones (Scotch brand I believe) for $3. At a maximum you should be paying 50 cents a piece. Interesting on the Sam's Club price. I wonder if Costco has them as well? I never thought to look there. Well, I have enough to last a long time - after that I will check out Costco.

I managed to score 6 packs on New Years Eve. For the mathematically impaired, it comes out to 72 mailers for $6.30. Much thanks, Akbar!

Picked up 4 packs on Sunday. (Had a friend with me.) Thanks for the tip Ackbar.

I would ride back over and maybe pick up some more (if they aren't sold out) but I'm feeling lazy and there's a lot of good football on today. :mrgreen:

I'm more than happy to pay ~$22 shipped for 100 #0s from e-supply store, but this price kills that. Now if they'd put their rolls of bubble wrap on sale in the next couple months... Bubble wrap is one thing it makes sense to just go to Staples and buy local. Haven't found a .com store that can beat them once you factor in shipping.

[quote name='io']Yikes! Target has 6-packs of pretty nice ones (Scotch brand I believe) for $3. At a maximum you should be paying 50 cents a piece. Interesting on the Sam's Club price. I wonder if Costco has them as well? I never thought to look there. Well, I have enough to last a long time - after that I will check out Costco.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen them at Costco (and I have checked more than 1 Costco location). They don't even carry bubble wrap on a regular basis.

Any idea what Costco charges for bubble wrap when they have it in stock, Yoshi? Talking a roll of 12"x100' - or however long - preferably perforated every 12".

NVM, they actually have a 175' roll of this on their site (they typically don't put the same stuff online and in store, at least I didn't think they did...) for ~$27 including shipping. I might go with that when I need a new roll.

Great deal, just went out and picked up 2 packs. There were boxes stacked of them in practically every aisle. No one should worry about them being out of stock.

I picked up 6, both the cashier and store manager didn't care. I also got a 3pack of Scotch tape and some pens- all for less than the regular cost of one pack of mailers.

Thanks a lot OP!

picked up 4 packs myself.. asked the CSR if she would let me go get another 2 (after i bought the first 2) and she said no problemo!

:)

I knew I'd be away when the sale started, so I paid $8.39 each x3 last week and I'll price match them tomorrow night.

With the $10 off $30 coupon (bringing my in-store purchase to ~$22; coupon now expired), it's like I got some Christmas clearance + other mailing supplies for free and then some. :)

Wow, these are expensive. I buy this size bubble mailers from the dollar store for 50 cents CDN each. I was under the impression that even this was pretty high.

If this is a deal, I hate to see what the normal price is.

[quote name='Zing']Wow, these are expensive. I buy this size bubble mailers from the dollar store for 50 cents CDN each. I was under the impression that even this was pretty high.

If this is a deal, I hate to see what the normal price is.[/quote]
You read it wrong buddy. 12 bubble mailers for 99 cents, not one for 99 cents. In other words, like 8 cents a mailer.

These #0 bubble envelopes present a very tight fitting for DVD sized cases, so you would have to use extra pressure to push the case all the way in, and subsequently requires force to extract the case. But they're great for DS, PS3, and anything smaller than DVD cases.

I've had no problems putting PS2 games into a few already. Some 6"x9" bubble mailers are a tight squeeze and some aren't. However, the overall quality of these is pretty low. I'd be pissed if I ever bought them at full price. The Target (Scotch brand) and Fred Meyer (Kraft brand) 6-packs for $3 are much higher quality mailers. For anything fairly expensive ($40+) I'll probably not use these cheapies.

[quote name='Kendro']You read it wrong buddy. 12 bubble mailers for 99 cents, not one for 99 cents. In other words, like 8 cents a mailer.[/QUOTE]

From reading only the title and the first post, 50% of the people out there would think that this deal is for ONE bubble mailer only. The remaining 49% would believe that this deal is for TWO bubble mailers since there is a S at the end of "Bubble Mailers". The remaining 1% would expect 10000000000 bubble mailers only because we're so cheap.
:)

PS:
The op (or a mod) needs to update the title to reflect the quantity.
I'm guessing this thread isn't getting a lot of replies due to the omission of the number 12 in the title.

[quote name='wubb']Picked up 4 packs on Sunday. (Had a friend with me.) Thanks for the tip Ackbar.

I would ride back over and maybe pick up some more (if they aren't sold out) but I'm feeling lazy and there's a lot of good football on today. :mrgreen:

I'm more than happy to pay ~$22 shipped for 100 #0s from e-supply store, but this price kills that. Now if they'd put their rolls of bubble wrap on sale in the next couple months... Bubble wrap is one thing it makes sense to just go to Staples and buy local. Haven't found a .com store that can beat them once you factor in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hitting some christmas clearances sunday and monday, got 4 staples stops in with the girlfriend and ended up with 16 packs. Hope I can get some more before it ends.

I also usually shop E-supply and get 200 Size 0 for $36.xx shipped, but $16 and tax for 192 of them is unreal.

If anyone wants to TRADE these, I might have a kmart clearance game or two to toss your way :D

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']
If anyone wants to TRADE these, I might have a kmart clearance game or two to toss your way :D

Dave[/QUOTE]

You want to trade a Kmart game for some bubble mailers? What would I mail them in? :rofl:

6 x 9 mailers are a little too tight for console games. I "only" picked up 4 packs so I'll definitely only be using these for DS games.

bread's done
Back