Rightstuf Weekly Specials - Updated Weekly

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
First off, Here's the link for the entire Weekly Specials

Lots of returning stuff it seems and a good amount of stuff that seems to be on clearance at really cheap prices like $3.99-$6/7. Haven't seen stuff this cheap at rightstuff in a long time.

Also, with alot of new and returning things I didn't leave as many comments for most as I usually would, so here is a link to Anime on DVD it has more info than I can give anyhow.

*All weekly specials from 10/13 to 10/19*

Azumanga Daioh Vol 1 + Artbox w/pins $10

Battle Royale Graphic Novel 9 (200 pgs) - $6 Great Price for a great series if you ask me. Worth picking up.
NEW

Chrno Crusade Vol 1 + Artbox $10

City Hunter Season 2 Collection 2 $25

Demon Lord Dante Boxset $30

Detatoko Princess DVD (Hyb) - $7
NEW

FLCL (Fooly Cooly) DVD 3 (Hyb) - $18 Any and every anime fan should have this series in their collection. A mediocre price at best for a dvd that only has 2 episodes on it, but it is oh so worth it. Wish I could afford it myself, but I'm waiting for when they either re-release the original boxset or come out with a new one. Rumor has it is that it should be coming very soon in the near future.
NEW

Figure 17 Complete collection $35

Final Fantasy Unlimited Vol 1 + artbox $10

G-Gundam Boxsets are $20 each
(Yeah that's right, I'm too lazy to do a link for each one) *Same for me*

Gamera 1 + Artbox $10
Live Action monster movie

Genma Wars Boxset $20
RETURNS

Hand Maid May Boxset + Extras CD $30

Heat Guy J 4-pack Box (vols 4-7) $40

Idol Project DVD 1 (Hyb): Starland Festival - $6 Another cheapo. Don't know if it's any good though.
NEW

Idol Project DVD 2 (Hyb): Final Concert - $6
NEW

If I See You in My Dreams OVA Collection DVD (Hyb) (eps 1-3) - $9 Really cheap price if this is indeed for the entire OVA and it's worth anything. No clue myself, but at that price it's really tempting me.
NEW

Jungle De Ikou $9

Kaleido Star Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Jing, King of Bandit Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Kino's Journey $10 + Artbox

Knight Hunters Complete Collection $46
RETURNS

Kurogane Communications DVD Set $20
RETURNS

Last Exile Flight Pack (vols 1-4) $30

Megazone 23 Vol 1 $5
RETURNS

Mirage of Blaze Boxset $35
RETURNS
[quote name='"Duo_Maxwell"']NEW... Best Buy does have it cheaper, but if you hate them or can't get it there, here's the best alternative (I didn't like the series anyhow)[/quote] Can be verified by nirvanaguy's statements as well. Supposed to be truly an awful show. Just leaving it up here since it was already part of the post.

Nightwalker Set (Dub only) $4

Ninja Cadets $8

New Fist of the North Star Vol 1 + artbox $10

Rahxephon Vol 1 +Tshirt + Artbox $10

Rahxephon the movie LE $13

Saber Marionette J Ultimate Collection $70

Saint Seiya Vol 1+Artbox $10

Saint Seiya Vol 5 + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol 1 + Shirt + Artbox $10

Saiyuki Vol. 7 + artbox #2 $10

Shura No Toki Vol 1 +Artbox + Scroll $20
RETURNS

Southern Cross DVD Set (S) - $25 This one really sounds interesting. no clue if it's any good like I have said for others, but the price for the amount of episodes is really temtping. Again, if any other users or people that read this thread and have seen this show, be sure to post cause I really would like some opinions on this one.

NEW

Sugar, A little Snow Fairy boxset LE $60

Super Gals Vol 1 +Artbox $10

Wild Arms Vol 1+ Artbox $10

Voogie's Angel $4

Ys Legacy Collection $18
RETURNS

Zaion Vol 1 + Artbox $10

Thanks a ton again Duo. this time I didn't have to do as much as in past updates so you definitely deserve credit. Not forgetting all the times you covered for me.:D:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::cool::cool:

Best deal on Trigun since I found one for $100 even @ the local FYE. I'm sure it was a mistake, but it was their problem, and my boyfriend's Christmas present.

Probably not. I'm sure that Pioneer/Geneon would have done it by now. Examples: Fushigi Yuugi individual DVDs, Sailor Moon S/SuperS box sets. This would also defeat the purpose of the Signature Series individual DVDs.

Rightstuf only sells authentic DVDs. My best friend shops on their site, and I know they're legit. I know these deals seem too good to be true, but for a change, they aren't.

Dammit, and here I thought ordering the Triguns individually through BuyRiteDVD for 7 each was a deal. I still lack one of them (they didn't have it), plus no box. Not that the box really bothers me, but still.

I don't guess there's someone here that will buy the box set and will have an extra "Angel Arms" DVD floating around, eh? :p

Both set 1 and set 2 of Fushigi Yugi DVD are on the site at $50.00. This is a great deal. $300 off the sets togther. Thanks OP.

The Last Exile 4pk is also great deal at $30. The set goes for $90 at BB.

Wish I had held off on getting Tenchi Universe at the Buyrite DVD sell now. Almost tempted to order this one and see if I can trade in or sell the ones I have somewhere. All but the first two are still sealed.

It looks like you can purchase the Hellsing box set with the 10% Got Anime membership discount. Usually they have a little note that says "Not Eligible For Additional Discounts" on Weekly Special items, but the box set doesn't have this. It's only $5, but it might just make this worth it for some people.

I haven't tried this, but I would be interested to see if they allow the discount.

[quote name='_heretic']It looks like you can purchase the Hellsing box set with the 10% Got Anime membership discount. Usually they have a little note that says "Not Eligible For Additional Discounts" on Weekly Special items, but the box set doesn't have this. It's only $5, but it might just make this worth it for some people.

I haven't tried this, but I would be interested to see if they allow the discount.[/QUOTE]

NICE find. ultraCAG.

I just ordered it, because i was on the fence with the 50$ price tag, but 45 made me jump. must have been some psychological barrier. it showed up in my final listing without the normal red * that denotes heavily discounted items not available for further discount.

edit: crap, I just got the confirmation email. my member discount didnt apply to hellsing :(

I'm not sure if I should be a dick and fight it though. 50 is still a good deal, and they've been really great with problems i've had in the past.

Either way, learning experience. if you catch them updating the deals on thursday afternoons, before they finalize the list, a lot of items still dont say "no further discounts", i guess they go back and flip that switch later on... I've been tempted to snipe that, but now i know it'll be pointless.

[quote name='inca']Is this real versions. I dont really want to get burnt with pirated version.[/QUOTE]

Rightstuf is one of the best sites I have ever ordered from in terms of Anime. Always quick shipping, even with free shipping, and they have great weekly deals and lots of relatively cheap stuff. Never had any problems with them with the 4 or 5 times I have ordered from them. even if you are put on backlog, they will try to accomodate your order as soon as possible and get it from the manufacturer. They also have great customer service. They rank as one of my favorite online sellers next DDDVD and other sites.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Other good deals to possibly consider:

Last Exile Flight Bundle (Vol 1-4) $30
Tenchi Muyo Universe Boxset $75
Wings of Honneamise $18[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting these after me Duo. I knew that i had missed a couple and it seems like my post for Fushigi Yugi Box Set 2 didn't show up in the OP. I'll have to go and fix that later.

I think that in the spirit of saving money and in light of these recent deals, I think I'll cancel my order for the Blue Seed Complete Perfect Collection and order some stuff from here that I really really have been wanting like that Trigun set. Anybody know how to cancel an order at rightstuf?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I think that in the spirit of saving money and in light of these recent deals, I think I'll cancel my order for the Blue Seed Complete Perfect Collection and order some stuff from here that I really really have been wanting like that Trigun set. Anybody know how to cancel an order at rightstuf?[/QUOTE]

You might have to call or E-mail them. Assuming it hasn't shipped yet of course. Calling would probably be the fastest method.

[quote name='Leggo']NICE find. ultraCAG.

I just ordered it, because i was on the fence with the 50$ price tag, but 45 made me jump. must have been some psychological barrier. it showed up in my final listing without the normal red * that denotes heavily discounted items not available for further discount.

edit: crap, I just got the confirmation email. my member discount didnt apply to hellsing :(

I'm not sure if I should be a dick and fight it though. 50 is still a good deal, and they've been really great with problems i've had in the past.

Either way, learning experience. if you catch them updating the deals on thursday afternoons, before they finalize the list, a lot of items still dont say "no further discounts", i guess they go back and flip that switch later on... I've been tempted to snipe that, but now i know it'll be pointless.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I was kind of afraid that might happen. I just checked my order, and it seems I didn't get the membership discount either.

You could probably still argue it, though, since you thought you would be paying $45, but payed $50 instead. The website still doesn't have that note, so they may take it as their own mistake.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thanks for posting these after me Duo. I knew that i had missed a couple and it seems like my post for Fushigi Yugi Box Set 2 didn't show up in the OP. I'll have to go and fix that later.[/QUOTE]

Don't mention it, actually I was looking over these weekly specials, wrote down a whole bunch of the deals and went to post but you beat me there with links and everything. So I just added 3 I had written down that weren't up there yet, no trouble. If anything I should thank you cuz you saved me the trouble of taking up more time to make a topic about the deal :lol:

Also like someone else mentioned I'd call to cancel your other order, you can probably do it by email as well. If it already shipped, don't open it when you get it and they should give you a full refund on your card or store credit if you didn't pay with a credit card when you send it back.

Comic Party Comically Limited Savings DVD Bundle - 43.99

Don't know too much about this show, but compared to what it normally goes for, this is a great deal for the complete series and the box of it.

Here's some info on this show:
http://www.animefringe.com/magazine.../feature/01.php

I actually have it on my trade list ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53103 ) and wouldn't mind trading it for any other good anime shows I haven't watched.

Edit: yes, the box is included.

it'll stick around at least until next friday when they update their weekly specials. Some stuff have been on the weekly specials for months at a time cause i guess people dont want them, like the Hand Maid May set and Saber Marionette J.

However if its good they might run out and have to remove it beforehand.

So if you want it, get it.

They usally pull the deals about 7 AM thursday morning then put up the new ones by around 8-1 MST. They update in segments so not all of them will be up right away. During this time they don't always disable the Coupon codes. I was able to get the Saber Marionette J Collection for 46 bucks because they had one of there weekly coupons that this item would normaly qualify for, It was 46 bucks well spent.

I am sooo tempted to get the Fushigi sets. I've wanted them for awhile. But I have so much unwatched anime. Only three episodes left to go in Heat Guy J. And I really didn't want to spend much money this pay period.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I am sooo tempted to get the Fushigi sets. I've wanted them for awhile. But I have so much unwatched anime. Only three episodes left to go in Heat Guy J. And I really didn't want to spend much money this pay period.[/QUOTE]

Way I justified it to myself was I'm getting 400 dollars in product for 100 bucks. Also even with the new sets comeing out it is still going to be about 200 MSRP. Even DDD is selling the individual sets for around 20 with the 20% off that the cheapest they would get is still around 16 which would be 128 bucks. So unless Buyrite or some other place clearences them out at like 7-10 it's about the cheapest these are going to be for a long time. Plus you get two boxes for the sets. Although they might do the empty box plus Vol One thing that seems to be popular these days. What I can't seem to figure out though is why they clearence stuff out that they don't have currently in instock.

The only thing I think that would be the bonus for the new sets is that they'll probably have 5.1 audio. At least, that's what I'm guessing. But I doubt I would miss it.

As for clearancing stuff out when it's not ins tock, this is my guess. Thair supplier or whatever is trying to clear inventory and Right Stuf negotiates a discount price with them. Then they run the sale and tally up how many orders they're getting. Then they place the order after the sale s over and in another week the sipment is delivered to RS who then sends it to the individual shoppers.

I usually find that it takes about a week to ten days after the end of the weekly sale for them to reciev an OOS sale item and then ship it to you. Then you wait a couple more days for it to arrive.

But a hundred bucks for 52 episodes of anime is pretty good. Just less than two bucks an episode.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The only thing I think that would be the bonus for the new sets is that they'll probably have 5.1 audio. At least, that's what I'm guessing. But I doubt I would miss it.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. The single-disc releases they're doing now are *exact* copies of the discs available in the box sets, right down to the lack of cast credits until disc 4. If they didn't remaster the show for that release, it's highly unlikely that they'd do so in the future. Buy now!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is SMJ anything but complete shit?[/QUOTE]
The first few episodes are charming, but after that it quickly degenerates into your standard mindless anime fare.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Is SMJ anything but complete shit?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't anything amazing, but I liked it. For how much you get in that collection it seems like a damn good price.

Rightstuf has great customer service, but their answering machine when you call them up to put in numbers is hilarious. It's the steriotypical asian man's voice. I know it's wrong to laugh at it, but it just sounds terrible over the pohone. Like your talking to one of those bad dubbed movies, but over the phone.

I'm bumpin this one up since I believe either today, or tomorrow, is the last day for these weekly specials before they put up some new ones. I say that maybe we should make a sticky of the Rightstuf Weekly specials and keep it updated just like we do with the EBGames Morning updates.

Thank OP just ordered Trigun. A couple of question though, who do they use to ship, where do they ship from, and what is the average wait for economy shipping? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Thank OP just ordered Trigun. A couple of question though, who do they use to ship, where do they ship from, and what is the average wait for economy shipping? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

The first couple of times that I ordered from them (my NGE box set and Samurai X: The Movie) came in roughly a week or so. My orders came from their east coast warehouse I belive and I don't remember who they used to ship to me. I'll have to go check the and see.

Edit: This is the method of shipping that they provide with Economy shipping.

USPS STD (B) Media

Either they must be in the process of updating the Weekly Specials or we just blew through a ton of their merchandise. Don't see any Hellsing and Big O on the Weekly specials now. I think I'm just going to keep this thread updated with the new good deals that they have each week if that's cool with everyone.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']How do you check order status?[/QUOTE]

They have a great site for looking up this info. Just go to their website and log into your account. If you can't from the homepage, then click on online store and there you should be able to log in. From there, it will take you to an account screen and there you click on where's my stuff.

Damn my Trigun is backordered. Are they pretty fast with backordered items? I didn't see this mentioned

"So, from now until 6/19, get an Additional 20% OFF our Regular Sale Prices on ALL IN STOCK ITEMS!*

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through our online store:

Coupon Code: bigmove
Expires: 6/19/05

Plus, if you're a Got Anime Member, you can use your membership to get additional stacks of savings!

Not sure what products are currently in stock? Don't worry, just click on the small image on the right-hand side of our homepage that reads: "In Stock Items" - and that's it!

*Additional Restrictions: Pre-order items, Backorder, and items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports items) are excluded from coupon discounts. Expires 11:59 P.M. CST on 6/19/2005."

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Either they must be in the process of updating the Weekly Specials or we just blew through a ton of their merchandise. Don't see any Hellsing and Big O on the Weekly specials now. I think I'm just going to keep this thread updated with the new good deals that they have each week if that's cool with everyone.[/QUOTE]

Actually the new ones are up, Hellsing is still there and Big O is the only one missing really from what was listed. However they added a His and Her Circumstances series bundle for only $40.

My Fushigi Yugi sets shipped today. Even though I got an E-mail a couple days ago saying they are working on it.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Actually the new ones are up, Hellsing is still there and Big O is the only one missing really from what was listed. However they added a His and Her Circumstances series bundle for only $40.[/QUOTE]

At the time of my earlier post they must have been updating the site as there was no His and Her Circumstances and Hellsing seemed to have disappeared. there was also only one page of the weekly specials when they normally have two. That's why I waited on updating the OP to get everything in.

bread's done
Back