2011-12 NHL Season Thread

Caps guy got destroyed this evening.

I wish the Caps would win a game in regulation...and by more than 1 goal.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wish I could watch the Caps beat the crap out of Philly... Stupid work.

Edit: found a stream![/QUOTE]

I was there.

Shit sux.

jxzmgif.jpg

Wings powerplay is worthless right now. I'm not liking that we have another back to back game with the second game being away this weekend.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Wings powerplay is worthless right now. I'm not liking that we have another back to back game with the second game being away this weekend.[/QUOTE]

only 2 back to back weekends? please, the sharks have 3 back to backs in 3 straight weekends, 5 of those games on the road and thats after only having 2 games in 13 days to start the season. you'd think they opened the season in europe, but no, the NHL just has a clear east coast bias when it comes to schedule making.

OK so we had 3 back to backs in October with only two being consecutive but I still think it's horrible to make the second game always be away. Also, I was a bit frustrated when I posted yesterday. The powerplay has been fine lately it's just yesterday that they looked bad and then when they had a powerplay with the goalie out for the last 2 minutes it was just horrendous trying to blast it through what seemed like 5 bodies every time.

Great first month of the season. My Pens are off to a great start while missing Sid and Malkin. I love seeing the Oilers off to a great start, they will be an offensive juggernaut very soon.

Also Detroit slumping is a nice sight although it will not last long:(

Ugh! How do the Wings throw away that one after winning the whole game? Harding was stellar especially in the 3rd. Oh well, bring on the Flames. We should grab that one as long as we put 3 in the net given Calgary's recent scoring output.

EDIT: what I mean is that Calgary lost all it's games when it only put up 2 goals or less.

Hmm... I don't think that's what he was implying. Though I don't get the soccer comment. Is that his main gig? By the way what happened to the guy that would yell things like "GET UP YOU BUM!!!!!!! THAT'S A DIVE!!!" (Roman Hamrlik dove or something) and all that other stuff. That guy was like a worse version of Don Cherry and I didn't think that was possible.

As for the Wings. They can't score. That's it. They aren't getting outplayed and our goalies aren't playing bad we just can't find a way to get our offense to click.

The guy has no clue and the only good reason for him to do soccer is because it's slow enough for him to actually grasp what's going on...

Anyway, though of a wings joke. I'll try it here.

What's the difference between wings stop and the detroit red wings?
Wing stop doesn't suck

Wings lookin good. Didn't see their 5-0 win but this one was good. I'm also baffled at some of the mustaches some of the players have. It's only been 8 days!!!

[quote name='VipFREAK']WTF @ Flyers play... ?[/QUOTE]

They wuz trollan the Bolts and their lame ass 1-3-1 trap.

Not gonna play into that shit.

The Lucic/Miller thing will be interesting. On one hand, Miller going playing the puck that far out makes him fair game. But after he moves the puck Lucic makes zero effort to avoid the hit and even seems to get his arms up to hit Miller high. The charging penalty in the game seems like, but anything more than a 1 game suspension would be too much I think.

edit: after looking at it a little more and the actual rule, i think more than 1 game would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, dud you guys see Don Cherry's jacket tonight?! fucking EPIC!!!

And WTF is going on in Edmonton right now? Still in the 1st period and the Hawks are down by 4?!

bread's done
Back