2011-12 NHL Season Thread

Wow, is the home announcing for the Bruins always so shamelessly homer-iffic? I get standing behind your team, but Christ.

Shanahan has already said they're not going to look at that hit any further. Which reinforces how random this stuff seems, you know? It'd be one thing if they didn't offer a harsher punishment (fine, suspension) - but to say they're not even going to look at it? That's not good PR, man.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wow, is the home announcing for the Bruins always so shamelessly homer-iffic? I get standing behind your team, but Christ.

Shanahan has already said they're not going to look at that hit any further. Which reinforces how random this stuff seems, you know? It'd be one thing if they didn't offer a harsher punishment (fine, suspension) - but to say they're not even going to look at it? That's not good PR, man.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell who is worse. The Penguins announcers or the Bruins. They're both pretty fucking pathetic when it comes to homerism.

Buffalo had a great day today, they fleeced Vancouver. Nashville too to a degree. The Bruins are still in Vancouver's head if they're making deals like this.

I'm a bit surprised that the Flyers stopped their trading after picking up Grossman and Kubina for very little (well, Grossman at any rate). I trust that it was the best decision to make, as there are a ton of excellent rookies on the team, and I can't think of too many I'd like to see traded away.

Hanging onto Bobrovsky is a solid idea as well. He has a much better long term upside, and while I'm (naively) hopeful that Bryz can find his happy place and perform in our very demanding city, if that doesn't pan out, Bobs can certainly at least perform at Bryz' level. :lol:

Went to the Wings game today. Not much to cheer about as we got some more injuries. Nice full house this afternoon

Clean? My ass. If the person who laid out that hit was Rinaldo or Sestito, they'd be suspended for 5 games easy. Shoulder straight to the fucking skull.

Pretty sweet to have Your Man Shanahan in charge of that sort of thing, eh?

[quote name='mykevermin']Clean? My ass. If the person who laid out that hit was Rinaldo or Sestito, they'd be suspended for 5 games easy. Shoulder straight to the fucking skull.[/QUOTE]
They didn't do shit to Sestito when he took out Horton. Knowing that, there should've been 5 Flyers with their gloves off immediately because the league won't lift a finger when something happens to either of those teams. The players have to police the game again.

As for Turco, he'll be there until Anton Khudobin is healthy enough to play. 3 weeks.

[quote name='dafoomie']there should've been 5 Flyers with their gloves off immediately[/QUOTE]

Oh, for sure. I was at the game last night just waiting, waiting for Kronwall to get a receipt. Never happened.

[quote name='dafoomie']The players have to police the game again.[/QUOTE]

I welcome this. There were far fewer injuries to the more talented players back then.

[quote name='TC']I welcome this. There were far fewer injuries to the more talented players back then.[/QUOTE]

Was just talking to a co-worker about this yesterday. Teams had enforcers on the ice to protect star players, not to drop the mitts at the opening face-off and spar with other other such enforcers.

Canucks, game 1. How many more days until those idiots riot downtown?

Whoa. I've never heard the singer turn it over to the crowd to sing the National Anthem. Pretty cool.

[quote name='mykevermin']My favorite time of the year by far. I want the Flyers to go all the way, but if I had money on it, I'd pick Vancouver.[/QUOTE]

You wanna take runs at Doughty? Fine. We can play that game.
[youtube]4mVgeoqoP58#![/youtube]

3 points in the first game from Richards. Crap seasons are forgiven by games like that in playoffs against the Presidents Trophy winners.

No Daniel Sedin = no way. Kings in 6.

Daniel Sedin remained out with a concussion. He missed his 10th straight game. The winger did not take part in the morning skate with the team or a second session with extras. Vigneault refused to comment on a Swedish media report that quoted Sedin's father saying Daniel experienced a headache after skating earlier in the week.
ruh roh

[quote name='mykevermin']My favorite time of the year by far. I want the Flyers to go all the way, but if I had money on it, I'd pick Vancouver.[/QUOTE]

wow, sometimes peeps never learn, just cuz you win the presidents trophy and have a serious history of choking doesn't mean you can't win, but it means something.

I am sad colorado sits on the golf course right now.

I am saying pittsburgh wins the cup this year.

[quote name='mastagoalie']wow, sometimes peeps never learn, just cuz you win the presidents trophy and have a serious history of choking doesn't mean you can't win, but it means something.

I am sad colorado sits on the golf course right now.

I am saying pittsburgh wins the cup this year.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game last night??

[quote name='mastagoalie']wow, sometimes peeps never learn, just cuz you win the presidents trophy and have a serious history of choking doesn't mean you can't win, but it means something.

I am sad colorado, Dallas, Buffalo and Toronto sit on the golf course right now.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I was really excited for those teams to make it. But, I'm glad that Phoenix is in.

Better than nothing, I guess. Just glad that Z wasn't injured. Sucks about Helm, though. Lacerated tendons and done for the playoffs.

[quote name='shieryda']Better than nothing, I guess. Just glad that Z wasn't injured. Sucks about Helm, though. Lacerated tendons and done for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I missed that. What happened?

[quote name='speedracer']You wanna take runs at Doughty? Fine. We can play that game. [/QUOTE]
Ha, ha. I like how Burrows tries to draw a penalty by going down so easily when he bumps into Richards after the whistle.

[quote name='mykevermin']I missed that. What happened?[/QUOTE]

He collided with Radulov, and got a skate blade across his arm. Sounds pretty nasty.

[quote name='shieryda']He collided with Radulov, and got a skate blade across his arm. Sounds pretty nasty.[/QUOTE]

It boggles my mind that this doesn't happen more often.

Anyone just watch the last 2 mins of the Coyotes game? Right before their first goal? Crazy.

[quote name='mykevermin']i don't think my heart can take two more Flyers-Pens games like this (let alone more than two if the Pens win any).[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Quite a back-and-forth game. fucking Giroux, man. Love that kid.

And Couturier...the guy's 19, barely. Not only had a hat trick, he shut down Malkin tonight.

[quote name='mastagoalie']wow, sometimes peeps never learn, just cuz you win the presidents trophy and have a serious history of choking doesn't mean you can't win, but it means something.[/QUOTE]

Aight, you're right. Unless Daniel Sedin returns in a hurry, which doesn't seem likely, that series is the Kings to lose. Astonishing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schenn (or one of you Flyer fucks) why couldn't you clock Cindy Crybaby out of the game and rest of the season... ?

As for the two teams... I wish the Terrorist would fly a plane into the building or something...

Good lord, there was some dirty-ass hockey being played this weekend. Suspensions are raining down!

I used to really like James Neal. Now, I'm not so sure.

[quote name='shieryda']Good lord, there was some dirty-ass hockey being played this weekend. Suspensions are raining down!

I used to really like James Neal. Now, I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

I bet you Neal doesn't get suspended even though he went headhunting on 2 of the highest point leaders on the Flyers today.

No internet and no tv today, things to do, so I only heard bits of the game on the radio (I was thankful for traffic for a change!). Saw a recap on nhl's website but, naturally, it was only goals and good stops. I'm a Flyers fan so of course I'm prone to believe that Neal, Asham, and Crosby were totally out of line today and deserve suspensions. But, I'm willing to listen to reason and hear if someone who isn't invested in one of the two teams agrees (and also, of course, saw it).

even penguins fans are saying asham and neal were disgraceful today.

Crosby didn't take any super cheap shots, he was just being his usual bitch self.

but you're a flyers fan like myself. pardon my skepticism, i want to hear that from other viewers.

any update on the condition of couturier or giroux after neal headhunted them?

bread's done
Back