2011-12 NHL Season Thread

[quote name='shieryda']Holy shit, dud you guys see Don Cherry's jacket tonight?! fucking EPIC!!![/QUOTE]
Would love to see this :bouncy:

[quote name='dafoomie']
By the way, this is what you're supposed to do when your teammate gets cheapshotted.
[/QUOTE]

Lol, pretty easy to do when ur team is a bunch of tOOls. Also, kinda hippicritical using "cheapshot" there...

You know, it is easy to be tough when you have a roster full of tough players. Thats kind of the point. This is hockey. The Sabres want to have the advantages of being a small team, fast, talented, even chippy with guys like Kaleta and Gerbe who will make you take retaliatory penalties. Thats all well and good, but there are disadvantages that go along with it, such as not having an answer when the bigger team decides they want to be the aggressor. Not much Buffalo can do about it.

The Bruins traditionally don't do well in matinees, but I'm hoping they weren't partying too much last night due to the holiday.

I would say fortunate that we survived that 3rd period push. I was terrified most of the time after the second Bruins goal. But Datsyuk was was excellent today and that shootout move never gets old.

Tuukka's the worst shootout goalie I've ever seen, he makes himself small. I'm very annoyed that they started him today instead of Thomas with a game against Winnipeg tomorrow night, but the coach wanted to make a point to the team about playing the same way in front of both guys.

Datsyuk might be the best player in the league though, can't deny how good he is. Making this a national game was a great idea, hopefully they keep doing it.

[quote name='dafoomie']Datsyuk might be the best player in the league though, can't deny how good he is.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching hockey for almost 30 years. Datsyuk is an incredibly special player. His puck control, vision, defensive play, and creativity make him in my opinion the most exciting player in the league.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqMNvbYoR4

So I was at the Wings game yesterday. I know the Predators have no offense but it was abysmal yesterday. That team had nothing going the whole game. Unless I missed it they didn't have Weber and Suter on the powerplay together. Why? It was very evident when they weren't together. Eaves taking a puck to the face was scary but luckily he only has a fractured jaw. Poor guy just got back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch.

Coach Hagen Dahz was finally fired. I can't believe it. Now Dale Hunter will come in and board the fuck out of everyone.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Unless I missed it they didn't have Weber and Suter on the powerplay together. Why?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is odd. Those two might be the best D-pairing in hockey right now.

TC, I'm sure you saw that shot in the face that Eaves took. Man, that made me cringe.

Pronger is out now (again).

And Pacioretty receives 3 games for the hit on Letang.

Boudreau is out, as well as Carolina's Maurice.

[quote name='shieryda']TC, I'm sure you saw that shot in the face that Eaves took. Man, that made me cringe.

Pronger is out now (again).[/QUOTE]

It looked pretty bad.

That's awesome.

I don't know what effect it'll have but I love seeing Boudreau behind a bench so I'm fine with him being a Duck. No Winter Classic for him in the near future though which is what I really want. HBO make it happen please.

The loudest ovation at Joe Louis last night was for Steve Yzerman. It was his first trip into Detroit since taking the GM job in Tampa.

To quote Puckdaddy on the Ducks hiring Boudreau. "I've had longer times between bowel movements than Bruce Boudreau had between NHL coaching jobs."

I like it. Just not sure if I like the idea of not having a West vs East final. Then again that would mean that the West would have 16 teams and East would have 14 which would also be unfair. Of course there will be issues of a teams not making the playoffs with much better records than in some other conferences. I mean how upsetting would it be if for example Conference A had 6 teams make it over 100 points only to see Conference B have 2 teams reach that mark but 2 Conference A teams would still have to sit out the playoffs.

"The other one".:D

Campbell Conference (Eastern): Patrick and Adams divisions

Wales Conference (Western): Norris and Smythe divisions

(I had to look it up).

The voting is a little ridiculous. James Reimer leads all goaltenders, but Jimmy Howard and Jonathan Quick have 3 times as many wins and are way down the list.

Crosby is up near the top of the list, while other players like Toews and Eberle (who have played more games and have way more points) have half as many votes. Insanity.

That's what you get when you have people who watch Dancing with the stars, American Idol, and listen to Gaga and Bieber... Probably generally have no clue about hockey too.

Anyone watching/recording "NHL 36" tonight? Patrick Kane will the be first player featured, 9 more episodes to follow later.

Also, so many damn concussions this year. Michalek is out now, Giroux and Skinner.

NHL 36? I actually had no idea this even existed. Is it on the NHL Network? What I'm really looking forward to is the Rangers, Flyers 24/7 this Thursday.

Just saw the Highlights of the Hawks/wild game, makes that shoot out even fuck you sweeter. lol

Awwwwwwwwwww........... poor Pronger. LOL

Anyone watching the WJC? USA is done, I think. Nice to be able to see a couple prospects for the Wings and Hawks play today, though.

[quote name='shieryda']Anyone watching the WJC? USA is done, I think. Nice to be able to see a couple prospects for the Wings and Hawks play today, though.[/QUOTE]

If Denmark beats Finland they have a chance.

bread's done
Back