2011 MLB Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tcrash247']It's impossible to make sense out of his Giants troll posts.[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck are you again?

Some random dude from New Jersey....got it.

This is Giants/Dodgers shit, stay out of it until you have a relevant post.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Who the fuck are you again?

Some random dude from New Jersey....got it.

This is Giants/Dodgers shit, stay out of it until you have a relevant post.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the ones you shit all over and trolled last year because the Giants got hot and the Phillies got cold, remember? Oh, you probably forgot because you were trying to figure out how the Giants will pull that off again.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Is it safe to say Sandoval is back to Kung Fu Panda awesome .330 hitter with 25+ HR?[/QUOTE]

.315 with 20 HR maybe, but his plate discipline is getting even worse. I'd be more willing to say .290-.310 with 20 HR is where he'll end up at the end of the year.

[quote name='philliesfan']Dodgers/Giants rivalry is cute. It's like kids wearing their dad's shoes and pretending to be a real fanbase.[/QUOTE]

If a real fanbase purposely pukes on a young girl, then you and a Sigma Nu frat have a shit load in common.

It's pretty pathetic when fans take the rivalry more serious than the players. They're not there to assault, kill, whatever a fan of the other team, they're there to have fun with it. Leave the "violence" on the field (balls getting thrown at each other and what not).

Those Dodger fans that put Bryan Stow in the hospital are human scum, same can be said about the fan that puked on that little girl. Anyone who supports that kind of stuff is pathetic. I'll never understand it when people take their fandom to that point. You think the players like that? No, they think you're pathetic. Real fans have fun with rivalries. Signs, "BEAT LA", funny bets (Had a bet with my team leader with the first series of the season, I lost so I had to wear a Dodgers hat one of the days at work.)

I know this is a rant, but "fans" who take sports too seriously piss me off.

[quote name='ph33r m3']If a real fanbase purposely pukes on a young girl, then you and a Sigma Nu frat have a shit load in common.[/QUOTE]

that moron should have been shot.

real phillies fans don't condone that crap. nor do we condone beating the crap out of someone until they're in a coma.

shit, i just outed myself as a phils fan. :)

Beatofficer is right. Anyone who takes the game outside the lines is really pathetic. It's just a sport. I love it but not enough to go beyond good natured ribbing of rival fans.

By the way, I've been at Candlestick/AT&T/Pacbell during phillies games. Never a problem. But the dodgers come to town and the Giants fans get nuts.

What the hell is wrong with Phil Hughes? He's not a great pitcher, but he's better than 2 IP, 4 R every time out. Amazing that once again Colon holds down the fort and the Yankees rally. Apparently, Hughes and Joba share a brain and they can't ever be good at the same time.

[quote name='confoosious']By the way, I've been at Candlestick/AT&T/Pacbell during phillies games. Never a problem. But the dodgers come to town and the Giants fans get nuts.[/QUOTE]
The only Astros games that anyone cares about is when the Giants or Dodgers come to town. Both sets of fans show up. When the Giants are here, there are more Dodgers fans in the seats than Astros fans. :D

They talk trash the entire time. It's friggin hilarious watching the Astros fans slump in their seats while the Dodger/Giant fans go at it during the game.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Hughes is throwing 86 MPH, that's his problem.

I wish wildcpac were still around, I'd gloat about being right regarding Hughes last season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...but you can't go that far with it. He's not as good as what he showed early last season, but he's not as bad as he's pitching now either. He's still only 24. Just like with Cano before him (and hopefully even Joba now), somebody's gotta snap him out of his complacency and make him realize he could lose his job. Unless he's hurt, there's no reason he can't work harder and quit this soft toss bullshit.

[quote name='Beatofficer']It's pretty pathetic when fans take the rivalry more serious than the players. They're not there to assault, kill, whatever a fan of the other team, they're there to have fun with it. Leave the "violence" on the field (balls getting thrown at each other and what not).

Those Dodger fans that put Bryan Stow in the hospital are human scum, same can be said about the fan that puked on that little girl. Anyone who supports that kind of stuff is pathetic. I'll never understand it when people take their fandom to that point. You think the players like that? No, they think you're pathetic. Real fans have fun with rivalries. Signs, "BEAT LA", funny bets (Had a bet with my team leader with the first series of the season, I lost so I had to wear a Dodgers hat one of the days at work.)

I know this is a rant, but "fans" who take sports too seriously piss me off.[/QUOTE]

+1.

I have nothing against Dodger fans (speedracer), it's just talkin' shit.

Do I wish any harm on him? No.

Do I wish his stadium would blow up into a million pieces? Please believe.

I can only hope he would want the same.

But right now, there's bigger shit goin' down....the Rockies might never lose again.

Yeah, that Rockies game was great. I was shitting bricks last night since my opponent had Cliff Lee. I had Chacin. :D

As a lifelong Dodger Fan I hate the Giants and thier fans. Bottom line. But do I want to hurt them or them to be hurt. NO. Hell no. I want the Dodgers to beat the hell out of them and let me gloat about it. And if we lose, let them do the same. But its just being a fan and crap talking. But what happened opening day, is just horrible. I am sad to be a Dodger fan because of it.

Hughes to DL with a dead arm (how does that even happen?), Colon to start.

I don't know if I should be happy the Red Sox are 2-10 considering their only wins of the season have been against the Yankees.

[quote name='madbst']
I don't know if I should be happy the Red Sox are 2-10 considering their only wins of the season have been against the Yankees.[/QUOTE]

You should be happy, since at some point there comes a time where if they were going to start winning consistently, they would do it. We may or may not have reached that point, but it must be getting close.

The only reason I'm not curled up on the floor in the fetal position 24/7 is because no one in the division has really been gangbusters yet, so the hole they have to climb out of isn't as deep as it would be if someone was off to a hotter start.

List of pitchers with more wins than the Red Sox this season:

A.J. Burnett
Jhoulys Chacin
Aaron Harang
Dan Haren
Matt Harrison
Justin Masterson
Jeff Weaver

[quote name='bvharris']You should be happy, since at some point there comes a time where if they were going to start winning consistently, they would do it. We may or may not have reached that point, but it must be getting close.

The only reason I'm not curled up on the floor in the fetal position 24/7 is because no one in the division has really been gangbusters yet, so the hole they have to climb out of isn't as deep as it would be if someone was off to a hotter start.[/QUOTE]

But I thought they "could pitch"? I think the difference between Yankees fans and Red Sox fans this season is that for the first time in God knows how long, the expectations are reversed. The Yankees went into this season knowing they didn't get the players they wanted, knew their starting pitching was going to be questionable, and knew they had a lot of older players. The Red Sox came into this season knowing they had a great team "on paper". The 2006 "All Star At Every Position" Yankees were a great team "on paper" too.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But I thought they "could pitch"? I think the difference between Yankees fans and Red Sox fans this season is that for the first time in God knows how long, the expectations are reversed. The Yankees went into this season knowing they didn't get the players they wanted, knew their starting pitching was going to be questionable, and knew they had a lot of older players. The Red Sox came into this season knowing they had a great team "on paper". The 2006 "All Star At Every Position" Yankees were a great team "on paper" too.[/QUOTE]

Meaning the Yankees are... the underdog!? WHAT?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']List of pitchers with more wins than the Red Sox this season:
[/QUOTE]

That's some pretty deep statistical analysis.. is this Bill James??? :hot:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But I thought they "could pitch"? [/QUOTE]

They still can, apparently.

[quote name='madbst']Meaning the Yankees are... the underdog!? WHAT?[/QUOTE]

Haha, what? You didn't get the memo? I'm not the only person saying it. With all the "experts" picking the Sox to win the East, how could the Yankees be anything else?

[quote name='bvharris']They still can, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Translation: Josh Beckett is off to a good start and has 2 of the team's 3 wins. Here's your cookie.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, what? You didn't get the memo? I'm not the only person saying it. With all the "experts" picking the Sox to win the East, how could the Yankees be anything else?[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's always been close with the two teams (three recently with the Rays) and you couldn't really consider any team the underdog. But, yeah, everyone expects the Red Sox to win it all while noone expects the Yankees to win it all. The Red Sox now carry the "World Series win or bust" mantra that the Yankees carried for so long. Honestly, I like the way it is now; the expectations aren't too high, but we still have a great chance to go all the way.

[quote name='madbst']Honestly, I like the way it is now; the expectations aren't too high, but we still have a great chance to go all the way.[/QUOTE]

Same here...which is the main reason I'm giving bvharris so much shit about it, lol. For once, the Yankees weren't the pre-season favorites to win it all, and even getting the wild card would be an accomplishment. The shoe is definitely on the other foot this year.

Case in point: who expected Freddy Garcia to shut down the Rangers today? Nobody. Hence, it was beautiful to watch.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Not a big believer in 'must-win' games considering it's fuckin' April.

But tonight's game against los Doyers was as close as you can get.

Team needs to get back Torres/Ross back so I don't have to see Huff in the outfield anymore.

It's not funny or even cute.[/QUOTE]

I though MLB Network was trying to punk me when they said Belt would make the team out of spring training and Huff would play right-field.

Huff and Burrell in the same outfield. High comedy

[quote name='tcrash247']So who saw Verlander's pick off to home? That was some weird shit. If you haven't seen it, here ya go.
[/QUOTE]

That is bizarre indeed.. What the hell was he trying to do? Did they award the runner on first second base? Seems like if that was a balk than that's what the result should be..

[quote name='bvharris']That is bizarre indeed.. What the hell was he trying to do? Did they award the runner on first second base? Seems like if that was a balk than that's what the result should be..[/QUOTE]

They did award the runner second I believe, but it looked like he forgot to turn his body towards first and threw but since he was still facing home that's where his throw went? Everyone looked bewildered, even Verlander.

[quote name='tcrash247']They did award the runner second I believe, but it looked like he forgot to turn his body towards first and threw but since he was still facing home that's where his throw went? Everyone looked bewildered, even Verlander.[/QUOTE]

It looked like he balked then got flustered and tried to pitch to cover it up but failed at the pitch. I do have to say though the bunny hop to pitch combo is pretty snazzy.

Living outside of New England I'm constantly reminded that nobody outside of the region has the slightest idea what Patriots Day is. For me, it means 11AM baseball at work. :D

[quote name='silentevil']It looked like he balked then got flustered and tried to pitch to cover it up but failed at the pitch. I do have to say though the bunny hop to pitch combo is pretty snazzy.[/QUOTE]
It was obviously a mental mistake. I've done strange things too when I'm distracted, so I'm sure his body just took over and he threw despite not facing first.

This season has been off to a pretty bizarre start for sure.

[quote name='bvharris']Seems like open season on the Red Sox may be over. Thank god.[/QUOTE]

Or the Blue Jays are on the way down.

They could be back where they were if they go and get swept by the Angles this weekend.

[quote name='tcrash247']It's not Big Time Timmy Jim's time yet. Maybe he can get some pointers from Halladay. (puts up flame shield)[/QUOTE]

I am sure Halladay would trade it for Tim's ring.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Ugh, YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT A NO HITTER, now he gave up a hit and a run :([/QUOTE]

When your opponent has him in a fantasy league, that gives you all the more reason to talk about it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am sure Halladay would trade it for Tim's ring.[/QUOTE]

Why would he do that? He'll have one this year.

[quote name='tcrash247']Why would he do that? He'll have one this year.[/QUOTE]

And when the Phils fail, what's your excuse? They were cold again?

[quote name='tcrash247']Why would he do that? He'll have one this year.[/QUOTE]

You expect him to get traded?

[quote name='ph33r m3']If the Phils are smart. Ships sinkin' fast.[/QUOTE]

yeah, winning every series is a real bummer. They should just shut it down for the year. Build for the future.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, winning every series is a real bummer. They should just shut it down for the year. Build for the future.[/QUOTE]

I know, I really hate winning every series like this.

And yes, JStryke, maybe he'll get traded to Braves so they can get above .500.

[quote name='tcrash247']I know, I really hate winning every series like this.

And yes, JStryke, maybe he'll get traded to Braves so they can get above .500.[/QUOTE]

We don't need no stinkin Roy Halladay. We'll finish above .500 just fine thank you very much. ;)

The AL Central has pretty much flipped so far this year.

This year:

Cleveland
Kansas City
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota

Last Year:

Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
Cleveland
Kansas City

And the Indians have Grady Sizemore back now, so they're, hopefully, getting stronger to help keep the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back