24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

Some new updates for the new Season have been added

Fox Announces 24 Season 7 Premiere date 11/3/08
24 has been off the air since May 2007, and fans and many alike have been waiting patiently for the new 24 Season to start. Before the season begins we will be treated to a 2 hour prequel on FOX on Sunday November 23rd. However, the real action begins officially now on January 11th, and January 12th 2009. Fox has officially announced that Season 7 will premier on those dates with a 2 night 4 hour event. The season is expected to continue non-stop until Episode 24 which should finish up in May 2009.

Brand new 24 Season 7 trailer released 11/3/08
A brand new 24 Season 7 trailer has been released this past week. The trailer features many old clips from the previous Season 7 trailer released one year ago before the writers strike. However, this trailer also has its share of new footage, and boy does it pump you up for the new season. The ending of the trailer will just leave you wanting more, asking; is it January yet? Check out the trailer here:

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=r...=1225392206277

or check out the youtube version in the original post.

The trailer for the season looks good but I'm not getting my hopes up. The trailers for the last few seasons looked really good to and we all know how they turned out.

But then again, I think this "movie" looks pretty stupid.

[quote name='BillyBob29']The trailer for the season looks good but I'm not getting my hopes up. The trailers for the last few seasons looked really good to and we all know how they turned out.

But then again, I think this "movie" looks pretty stupid.[/QUOTE]

Agree with the trailer looking pretty good but I am not getting my hopes up either.

I think I might wait to get the DVD next Tuesday, since it has extra footage from the two-hour special not aired on TV, along with footage from next season.

[quote name='cgarb84']

How do you guys that watch the show rank the seasons? For me they go like this:

3>2>1>4>6>5[/QUOTE]

1>5>2>4>3>6

Six was just awful. 7 will have to be much better from the start for me too keep watching.

[quote name='dmaul1114']1>5>2>4>3>6

Six was just awful. 7 will have to be much better from the start for me too keep watching.[/quote]

Here is my rank

1. Season 5
2. Season 1
3. Season 2
4. Season 4
5. Season 3
6. Season 6

[quote name='cdietschrun']Tenzor, what movie is your signature from?[/quote]

Meet Bill, mesmerizing huh...

WOW, that 2 hour event blew me away. Why does January seem so long now! the end of Redemption sets up Season 7 perfectly.

It was great to see Jack kicking ass again.

Spoiler for the 2-hour special and the season preview
I was sad that Carl has to die. He could have been a good sidekick with Jack.

I believe we would see the colonel again, since they left the part after the explosion unsolved.

I thought Redemption was a complete waste of time. Very boring and a very poor attempt to try and make Jack's return to the US dramatic.

The trailers for S7 do look cool but I'm not getting my hopes up because the trailers for every season always look good but the past few seasons, especially season 6, have been bordering on unwatchable.

24: Redemption got me so fucking ready (read: hot/wet/horny) for this new season. I feared that the writing may suffer from the break this series has taken, but they definitely haven't lost their touch.

I'll join in on my season rankings (Note: it is very difficult to rank these, and even the season listed at the bottom is 1000x better than anything else on TV):
1. Season 1 (how can you not like Season 1 the most?)
2. Season 3
3. Season 2
4. Season 4
5. Season 6
6. Season 5

FINALLY got around to watching Redemption on DVR last night. It was great watching Jack back, kicking butt. The story was so-so, but like people said it does set up this season perfectly.

[quote name='BillyBob29']I thought Redemption was a complete waste of time. Very boring and a very poor attempt to try and make Jack's return to the US dramatic.

The trailers for S7 do look cool but I'm not getting my hopes up because the trailers for every season always look good but the past few seasons, especially season 6, have been bordering on unwatchable.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least you can look forward to the first 4 hours of the upcoming season--the first two nights should totally rock!! Afterwards who knows...Although I'm looking forward to how the writers resolve Tony and what the story is behind his character becoming evil.

4 new TV spot trailers added, along with cast interviews (on the main post). Check out the tv spot trailers, some of those will definitley get you hyped up.

Here are some links, if you are too lazy to go back to the first post.

bump, Season premiere is this Sunday on FOX. 2 Nights 4 hours (2 on Sunday and 2 more the following night on Monday).

If anyone wants to catch up on 24 Redemption it is streaming for FREE at:

http://www.myspace.com/24

new updates to main post.

Tony was always my favorite character on the show....... the fact that they are bringing him back pisses me off...... but as a VILLIAN?!?!? Damnit I should've stopped watching 24 after the garbage that was season 5. Oh well, I going to give the new season a chance at least as I thought Redemption was at least decent.

I got tickets to a screening of the premiere at a local theater on Saturday.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go though.

I stopped watching after the first 15 minutes of Season 5(?), when they killed everyone off.

[quote name='manthing']I stopped watching after the first 15 minutes of Season 5(?), when they killed everyone off.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth you really did miss out. Season 5 was actually pretty damn fun. Unrealistic yes but fun regardless.

[quote name='cgarb84']Tony was always my favorite character on the show....... the fact that they are bringing him back pisses me off...... but as a VILLIAN?!?!? Damnit I should've stopped watching 24 after the garbage that was season 5. Oh well, I going to give the new season a chance at least as I thought Redemption was at least decent.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling he'll start out as a villain then end up helping Jack stop some bigger threat.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have a feeling he'll start out as a villain then end up helping Jack stop some bigger threat.[/quote]

I hope he comes around...I just can't see him as a full on villian...I do understand why he would turn though.

[quote name='manthing']
I stopped watching after the first 15 minutes of Season 5(?), when they killed everyone off.[/quote]

You are a better person for it IMO. Season 5 was trash, Season 6 was slightly better. I'm expecting Season 7 to be kind of in between somewhere. But at this point watching 24 is like watching a car wreck, it's bad but you can't stop watching it.

I thought season 5 was pretty good, much better than 6 for sure.

I'd probably put the seasons

1>4>5>2>3>6

1 was great start to finish.
4 I liked that there weren't crazy twists and it was just the one bad guy the whole season
5 was exciting, but unbelievable
2 was anticlimatic after the nuke was dealt with
3 sucked as the first half of the season in mexico was just pointless to the main plot
6 was just a ridiculous mess. Too much silly, unbelievable politics, too many twists, not enough action etc.

Good. I thought I already missed the first episode. I'm really excited for the new season.

I had planned on watching all seasons of 24 since I had never seen it before, and then try to watch the new one as it airs. Due to procrastination, various distractions as far as entertainment goes (Xbox 360 games and its Netflix feature, plus TV shows on DVD my friends let me borrow) I am only 6 episodes into the series. It didn't help that it's harder to find decent streaming sites for 24 than it is for most shows.

The show hasn't grabbed me like Lost or Heroes, but it's decent. I won't be anywhere near caught up by the time the season starts, onbviously, but in a couple weeks after I'm done re-watching all seasons of Lost, I'll work on 24. I hope to be caught up by the end of February. I'll be recording all the season 7 episodes in high def on my DVR. I already have Redemption on there.

Hopefully I can finally understand what all the hype is about.

[quote name='keithp']Do yourself a favor--skip Lost and keep watching 24.[/quote]

Dude, if Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours! :)

[quote name='hordak']Dude, if Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours! :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, true! :D

Man, I'm really hyped up for the premiere!! I hope this season lives up to expectations, since the writers have had so freakin' long to get a good story together!!!

2 hours to go, people!!!!

...sorry all you West Coasters! ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']I had planned on watching all seasons of 24 since I had never seen it before, and then try to watch the new one as it airs. Due to procrastination, various distractions as far as entertainment goes (Xbox 360 games and its Netflix feature, plus TV shows on DVD my friends let me borrow) I am only 6 episodes into the series. It didn't help that it's harder to find decent streaming sites for 24 than it is for most shows.

The show hasn't grabbed me like Lost or Heroes, but it's decent. I won't be anywhere near caught up by the time the season starts, onbviously, but in a couple weeks after I'm done re-watching all seasons of Lost, I'll work on 24. I hope to be caught up by the end of February. I'll be recording all the season 7 episodes in high def on my DVR. I already have Redemption on there.

Hopefully I can finally understand what all the hype is about.[/quote]

Just don't watch the seasons back to back to back... My wife and I did that for seasons 1-4.. You quickly realize that the show is just a 1 trick pony with the same shit happening.

And if Jack was on lost, he would have been killed by the smoke monster a long time ago.

bread's done
Back