24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

I like how
that guy says they have a "strong anti government bias". So if you don't like the govt. you must want to blow shit up.

Anyway...what happened to the Prez form last season? I don't exactly remember.

Am I missing anything if I missed the movie?

[quote name='Blackout']I like how
that guy says they have a "strong anti government bias". So if you don't like the govt. you must want to blow shit up.

Anyway...what happened to the Prez form last season? I don't exactly remember.

Am I missing anything if I missed the movie?[/QUOTE]

He was defeated in the election. You're missing some backstory to this season, but probably nothing that you NEED to know.

[quote name='keithp']He was defeated in the election. You're missing some backstory to this season, but probably nothing that you NEED to know.[/quote]

Ok cool. I might check it out anyway, but that's good that I'm not really missing anything.

I like how
the FBI chick turned!! LOL!! "Do whatever it takes!!

[quote name='H-Town Info']no he didnt[/QUOTE]

Yes he did. They said tonight that he did.

[quote name='H-Town Info']no he didnt[/quote]

yeah he did. his girlfriend in the mini movie apparently seems to have killed him off. the alluded to that in the movie.

God damn I'm behind, a few years ago I watched S1 - S3 in like 2 weeks...

I need to watch S4 - S6 now so I can enjoy 7.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah he did. his girlfriend in the mini movie apparently seems to have killed him off. the alluded to that in the movie.[/QUOTE]

The g/f was obviously framed...Jon Voights character told his man to kill him at the end of th mini movie.

First hour was solid. Lame that they're showing the "previously on 24" recap when they're showing the episodes back to back.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
First hour was solid. Lame that they're showing the "previously on 24" recap when they're showing the episodes back to back.[/quote]

Haha. Yeah I thought that was kinda funny.

[quote name='dmaul1114'] Lame that they're showing the "previously on 24" recap when they're showing the episodes back to back.[/QUOTE]

They always do that. For when it comes out on DVD I guess.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah he did. his girlfriend in the mini movie apparently seems to have killed him off. the alluded to that in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Roger Taylor didn't die in Redemption. He was there at her mother's inauguration. He must had died b/t Redemption and Season 7. Jon Voight's character was talking the SS agent asking about Roger at the very end of the movie.

[quote name='keithp']They always do that. For when it comes out on DVD I guess.[/QUOTE]

It's even more annoying on the DVDs since you generally watch several episodes back to back. I always wished they'd edit them out.

[quote name='H-Town Info']Roger Taylor didn't die in Redemption. He was there at her mother's inauguration. He must had died b/t Redemption and Season 7. Jon Voight's character was talking the SS agent asking about Roger at the very end of the movie.[/quote]

whatever

jk

[quote name='thehuskerfan']WTF?? Anybody else had a blank screen for the last 5 minutes?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Who's your cable company?

Solid first 2 hours. Glad they got Tony so fast....re-affirms my theory that he's probably not really a bad guy. Not that it was much of a theory--they wouldn't have revealed him as a bad guy in the previews if he was really the bad guy.

Very solid. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night and the rest of the season. Jack being rogue actually does add a freshness to the series! My prediction:
The Greg Kinnear head FBI guy is bad.

I really loved this opening. Nice build to starting this season.

Apparently tommorow night's episodes are already available if you know where to look.

Wow.......that was far and away the most boring season premiere ever.

I figured after the crapfest that last season was, and the huge timespan that has pased between seasons, that they would really have something special to grab us but nope. A very slow paced 2 hours with a slew of new and very boring characters as well as a heavy dose of White House crap that basically slows the pace of the show to a crawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BillyBob29']Wow.......that was far and away the most boring season premiere ever.

I figured after the crapfest that last season was, and the huge timespan that has based between seasons, that they would really have something special to grab us but nope. I very slow paced 2 hours with a slew of new and very boring characters as well as a heavy dose of White House crap that basically slows the pace of the show to a crawl.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I liked that they didn't come out with the big stuff right off the bat. I mean, like after the nuke, it's all downhill! Let the build-up come. I was surprised
Jack found Tony so soon.
But I'm glad it's out of the way. Like I said, I thought the premiere was solid, and the way the preview sounded for tomorrow it's only going to get alot better!

[quote name='keithp'] Like I said, I thought the premiere was solid, and the way the preview sounded for tomorrow it's only going to get alot better![/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so, if it gets much worse I don't think I will bother tuning in.

[quote name='H-Town Info']Just watch the next 2 episodes already. Let's just say the "twist" is similar to a prior season.[/QUOTE]

Lemme bet without even seeing the next two.....

Tony is a inside man on the terrorist group right? And this was assigned to him after his fake death when CTU was active, right?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Lemme bet without even seeing the next two.....

Tony is a inside man on the terrorist group right? And this was assigned to him after his fake death when CTU was active, right?
[/QUOTE]

Mostly Correct. I think the people who had watch 24 for many seasons will like this outcome in the next 2 episodes. This season might turn out great and very intriguing from the first 4 episodes thus far.

Definitely does tie-in to 24 Redemption quite a bit. So anyone who hasn't seen it needs to watch it for the background info for season 7.

I was definitely satisfied with the first two hours shown last night. I was only hoping that it be on-par with the rest of the 24 seasons (after such an extensive break), so last night came as a surprise. As usual for me, there's one subplot that I can't quite get excited about yet:
the suicide vs murder "scandal" of the First Son
. I have a feeling that particular plot line will pick up within these next two hours tonight, though, so no worries there.

So far, my favorite new character is FBI Agent Renee Walker (Annie Wersching). She's badass and very :drool:

I loved the first 2hours...hope this season delivers, and I cannot wait for tonight. I'm still hoping that Tony will end up being a good guy in the end...I also wonder what's going to happen with his indictment.

My liking this season will completely depend on if Tony ends up being a good guy somehow or not. He is my favorite character on the show, the idea of bringing him back as a villain pissed me off royally. If the writers kill Tony off for a second time I will stop watching the show............maybe :).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I also wonder what's going to happen with his indictment.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting that after Jack saves the day the new President is so enamored with him she pardons him of all charges. Any takers? :)

[quote name='cgarb84']My liking this season will completely depend on if Tony ends up being a good guy somehow or not. He is my favorite character on the show, the idea of bringing him back as a villain pissed me off royally. If the writers kill Tony off for a second time I will stop watching the show............maybe :).[/QUOTE]

He'll be a good guy. Jack wouldn't have caught him in episode 2 if he was really the bad guy. He's probably just working undercover.

[quote name='dmaul1114']He'll be a good guy. Jack wouldn't have caught him in episode 2 if he was really the bad guy. He's probably just working undercover.[/QUOTE]

Nice call!! :applause:

It was obvious. They wouldn't have gave Tony coming back as a bad guy away in previews months ago if he was really the bad guy.

Love the show, can't wait for tonight. It was a slow pace opener, but that's alright. During one of the breaks, did anybody else spot
Bill Buchanan in a black commando outfit
? I wonder what this season has in store for us this year.

Good start to the season. Interesting angle having a rouge CTU as a whole (less people of course) rather than just Jack going rogue himself as in so many seasons.

Great to have Tony back on the show, and they did a good job with his re-introduction and explanation for his "death" not being too lame.

Gotta agree. Awesome start to the season. I wonder how far the underground CTU is going to go.

bread's done
Back