24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

[quote name='paddlefoot']Don't forget that the Candyman still hasn't made an appearance.[/quote]

or
Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight). He made a small appearance in 24 redemption, and is the guy supplying Juma, and Dubaku with all the resources.

Another solid episode.

And next weeks looks to keep the pace up with the preview saying
that the traitor in the FBI will be revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great episode! So who does everyone think the traitor will be? I think it's too obvious to be the agent that's sleeping with the blonde. Hmmm, maybe the blonde?

[quote name='keithp']Great episode! So who does everyone think the traitor will be? I think it's too obvious to be the agent that's sleeping with the blonde. Hmmm, maybe the blonde?[/quote]

I was thinking that too but isn't that a little too obvious? I don't think it's gonna be that guy because they're always having him being an instigator and asking too many questions.

Janeane Garafalo's character is my guess, since it's usually always been someone you have no reason to suspect whatsoever.

Wow, some give that last henchmen the BEST damn henchmen of the year award.
He did his job to the very end.

Jack's little sliding shot was not too shabby either.

Overall very good episode.

[quote name='Blackout']Man I hate the head FBI guy. He's such a little bitch.[/QUOTE]

If they did things his way, they would have given Vossler some milk and cookies and asked him nicely where Mr. Taylor was.

Why would anyone be done with 24?
The show is action packed in every episode. Great episode btw :)

Wow, this season is great! I was a little skeptical towards the beginning, but as many of you have said, it is really picking up a great pace! This was probably one of my favorite episodes since season 3!

Its picking up. Great.
Its difficult to comprehend how much different FBI is than CTU. This season it is considered like totally breaking the law to torcher a traitor!?!?!? In seasons before these traitors and such were given no time before Burke had his time with them

PIERCE
!!!!
PIERCE
!!!!
AARON
MOTHER fuckIN'
PIERCE
!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and
Morris was awesome to see, too

but..

PIERCE
!!!!!

:bouncy::bouncy:

Aaron, hell yeah! My buddy and I both turned to each other and said, "Tony" when the President asked if Buchanan had someone trustworthy he could send, so that was a nice surprise to see him! And Chloe had some great lines this week!!!

[quote name='keithp']So who does everyone think the traitor will be? I think it's too obvious to be the agent that's sleeping with the blonde. [/QUOTE]

I guess not!! :fridge:

I cannot wait for next week!! Jack gets bitch-slapped by Renee Walker, hoo-boy!!! Bring it on!!!

I just watched this episode and was giddy like a freaking school girl when I saw Aaron Pierce. I missed that big guy. Afterward, I went online and checked some forums and saw I wasn't the only one, so I didn't feel as weird.

Yea it was nice to see Pierce and I thought it would be Tony as well.

I was not surprised Sean is the mole especially with when Garafolo's character was doing all that snooping. It was too easy for her to be the mole. However he might not be the only one in the FBI.

It's tough to see where this season is going exactly but I'm liking it so far!

Looking at the teaser for next week:

When I see Jack looked stunned, probably either Pierce, Buchanan or Olivia Taylor died...thats my hunch

[quote name='H-Town Info']Look at the teaser for next week:

When I see Jack looked stunned, probably either Pierce, Buchanan or Olivia Taylor died...thats my hunch
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was thinking as I was watching tonight that
either Bill or Aaron is toast.
:cry:

That was the best episode I have ever seen (The second one shown tonight). My previous favorite was Senator Heller's rescue in season 4. Just.. wow.

Holy crap tonight was EPIC. One of the best episodes I've ever seen. Damn. :applause:

[quote name='Scorch']That was the best episode I have ever seen (The second one shown tonight). My previous favorite was Senator Heller's rescue in season 4. Just.. wow.[/quote]

That's interesting, I think I enjoyed the first episode tonight more than the second one. Either way both of tonights episodes were IMO the best of the season so far. I wasn't crazy about this season until tonight, but now I have hopes it could turn out to be the best season since maybe 3.

[quote name='cgarb84']That's interesting, I think I enjoyed the first episode tonight more than the second one. Either way both of tonights episodes were IMO the best of the season so far. I wasn't crazy about this season until tonight, but now I have hopes it could turn out to be the best season since maybe 3.[/quote]

Indeed. Season 3 is still the champion, but this season just took a major turn for the better. I liked the second episode so much more because it was so surreal. The setting, how they went about it.. It's just something new in the 24 world and we've never seen something that extreme. And literally every time someone came on the screen, I would be like "Nooo! Don't kill him/her off! They've been on the show too long!".. I thought everyone was going to die.

And Agent Walker? DAMN. I like her a lot now. Definitely not my favorite secondary agent (Tony still holds that spot with Chase as a second), but man.. she's got to be my favorite female on this show so far.. except the episode where Chloe went apeshit on that gun. That was awesome.

The way they keep referencing his past (his wife, his daughter, people that have died, etc) makes me think that they're going to bring his daughter in somehow. I know she wouldn't do the show again, but that would be amazing.

Oh, and did anyone catch Dr. Beadface from Scrubs in last week's episode? He was just a doctor walking around in the background. Good job movin' on up, Beardface!

[quote name='Scorch']
The way they keep referencing his past (his wife, his daughter, people that have died, etc) makes me think that they're going to bring his daughter in somehow. I know she wouldn't do the show again, but that would be amazing.
[/quote]

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but
img-494264f6bdd61.jpg
Kim Bauer (Elisha Cuthbert) has been confirmed to be in a few episodes this season.
The list of episodes are on imdb.
And if that is not enough, here is a pic of her on the set.

Wow. Thanks for hiding that behind spoiler tags. Jesus.

Oh well. I should've expected spoilers in this thread, but I thought it'd just be for the most recent episode instead of future episodes.

I miss the torture scenes but I still love 24. I got into the show late and haven't watched the earlier seasons but I've been following for a few years now.

[quote name='Hostile']I miss the torture scenes but I still love 24. I got into the show late and haven't watched the earlier seasons but I've been following for a few years now.[/QUOTE]

You need to rent/buy any earlier seasons that you've missed!

[quote name='botticus']I'm just glad they brought Aaron Pierce back. He's by far my favorite supporting character.[/QUOTE]

I just hope Aaron and Bill make it through next week's episode. Well, not so much Bill now that we've found out he's a wuss... j/k...Seriously, I'll be bummed bigtime if either of those two get killed off...

[quote name='keithp']I just hope Aaron and Bill make it through next week's episode. Well, not so much Bill now that we've found out he's a wuss... j/k...Seriously, I'll be bummed bigtime if either of those two get killed off...[/quote]

well if you watched the preview that plays after Episode 12 during the credits......
Jack is pretty shaken up (like the way he was when he had to kill Curtis in Season 6), and there are bodies behind him. When we see Jack cry it can only mean one thing.... someone has ran out of time

Wow I was happy to see two episodes back to back. Plus since I DVRed the previous one I watched all 3 in a row. Damn this season just keeps getting better! 24 has truly not had bad season. Many say they didn't like last season but even it was better than most stuff on TV now days.

Just watched the two episodes from last week as well. This season is definitely entertaining and a huge improvement from last season.

Great episode tonight. Sad to see Bill go. Juma to as he was a good villain. Hope the season keeps the action up and doesn't peter out into more political drama with the shift to Voights character as the main villain.

Only gripe is it's lame to see Jack set up for something and having to be on the run as a rogue agent yet again. That story line has been done to death on the show. Hopefully that angle won't be drug out too long, as it looks like they get into it head on in the next episode.

[quote name='dmaul1114']- comments on tonight's episode -[/quote]Throw that shit up in spoiler tags.

About tonight's episode:
Give it up for my boy, Bill. I had a feeling this was going to be his last season ever since he showed up this year. He's probably one of my top 5 favorite characters all-time on the show :cool:

I was hoping that Aaron would get some more love from Olivia Taylor for being the badass that he is, but maybe he'll "get lucky" during/after the season with her.

Also, I disagree that the whole Jack Bauer on the run scenario is overplayed because that always accounts for some of the best situations in the show's history.

Nope. Spoiler tags aren't needed in TV threads after it airs on the east coast. That rule was decided on and approved by a mod in the Heroes thread earlier in the year. Once it's aired everyone who hasn't watched yet should have the common sense to stay out of the thread as no one is going to be posting anything other than thoughts on the episode.

If they want to change it thats fine, I'll stop posting. Annoying as hell to try discuss episodes when every post is in spoiler tags.

You posted it before it even went off-air. Look at your timestamp, 8:59pm CST.

Furthermore, it shouldn't even be regarded as a rule, it's just common courtesy to people on the Pacific Coast or those who DVR it to watch after work.

It was after the show was over, it ended a couple minutes before 9 per my cable boxes clock, with the preview for next week ending around 9.

And the people on the west coast and DVR people again should have the common sense to not click on TV show threads after the show has aired on the east coast.

What the hells the point? They either see spoilers, or a bunch of posts hidden with spoiler tags. People aren't going to be posting anything other than talk about that episode so what they hell is the point of them entering the thread before they watched?

Anyway, like I said, that's the rule. If you don't like it contact the mods and see if they'll change it and I'll be happy to not post. It's ridiculous to try to read a discussion thread where every post is someone quoting something in spoiler tags and replying to it in spoiler tags. Anyway, that's all I'll say on the matter.

I have to agree with dmaul to an extent on this one. If you haven't watched the latest episode of the show then for the love of God DON'T GO IN THE TOPIC UNTIL YOU HAVE WATCHED IT. I mean c'mon this is just common sense.

[quote name='dmaul1114']*I can ruin anything I want as long as it fits within the fake forum guidelines*[/quote]Whoa, we're all friends here, man.

I was just saying that there's just no need to discuss - in full detail - the events of the show before the full hour is even up. And there's definitely no need to throw the imaginary forum rule book at me to defend your sprint to the PC as fast as I can once I see the final countdown of the episode begin gimmick to ruin the show for a large portion of the CAG audience.

Either way, mission accomplished: the post is in tags. Thanks for coming out.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']the point is that some people don't want to read it. Thanks for ruining the episode asshole.[/QUOTE]

fuck you. Talk to Linkin Prime who agreed to that rule in the Heroes thread.

This site sucks more every day. What's the point of having mods if they enforce things differently.

In any case, here are the relevant posts from the Heroes season 3 thread:

[quote name='CouRageouS']The spoiler tags seem to be getting excessive. Can't we just agree post freely after it airs on the west coast? I wouldn't even mind if you east coasters want to discuss the show as it airs without spoiler tags, I (and other west coasters) could just steer clear of the thread until I'm finished watching.

I think the only things that should be spoiler tagged are things that haven't aired yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I agree with CouRageouS[/QUOTE]

At the least there needs to be a consistent rule on when spoiler tags are required. Be it always, until after the east coast airing, after the west coast airing etc. I think either of the last two is reasonable, anything else and I'll steer clear of the TV threads as I hate having to click on show spoiler in every post.

And don't even thing of a silence or temp ban over this, if I can't respond in kind to a mod swearing at me, then fuck this place and make it a perma ban.

Not that I mind being swore at, but the mods have to be able to take it if they're going to dish it. :D

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Whoa, we're all friends here, man.

I was just saying that there's just no need to discuss - in full detail - the events of the show before the full hour is even up. And there's definitely no need to throw the imaginary forum rule book at me to defend your sprint to the PC as fast as I can once I see the final countdown of the episode begin gimmick to ruin the show for a large portion of the CAG audience.
[/QUOTE]

I was watching while goofing online on my laptop during commercial breaks, and assumed the people reading the thread immediately after the show ended would be others doing the same. Not morons who hadn't watched yet.

But like I said, no worries if that's not kosher then I won't post here as other forums are fine with non-spoiler posts immediately after a show airs on the east coast.

Don't ever threaten me when you are the one being disrespectful and acting like an asshole. There are spoiler tags for a reason and there is no reason not to use them. Not using them is some JolietJake shit and that shit is busted. fuck that. Use them when it is deemed appropriate, and what you posted was something that should have been tagged. I wanted to come home and enjoy the show after I got off work and I had it spoiled for me because I was asked to tag something that you would not tag in order to avoid ruining the episode for others. Common courtesy would have dictated that you did, but you didn't. Even after being called out, you still refused to.

Thank you for no longer posting in TV show threads. Also don't listen to LinkinPrime when it comes to shit. That shit might be fine for $$$$$$ ass Heroes, but that shit ain't cool here.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I was watching while goofing online on my laptop during commercial breaks, and assumed the people reading the thread immediately after the show ended would be others doing the same. Not morons who hadn't watched yet.

But like I said, no worries if that's not kosher then I won't post here as other forums are fine with non-spoiler posts immediately after a show airs on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

In other words, you are JolietJake. You and him should start a thread where you have a running dialogue of every show as it airs. It seems that neither of you can exercise any self restraint, so that might be the best solution to the problem.

bread's done
Back