24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

Wow just wow 24 is still awesome!
Well haz-mat person said that those exposed have around a few days till death. I hope Jack gets back out in the field but this could cause random "episodes" of the gas attacking his body. Essentially this could be his end game and since the show is based on one day at a time. Jack could be back for easily more than one season.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or....
they come up with a cop-out to have him cured from this virus.
[/quote]

Huge Spoiler lol...
No he's definitely getting cured. There will be a season 8 starting January of next year(same like the past 3 or 4 seasons) and there will be 24: The Movie soon after. I first heard of Season 8 a couple of days ago because the actor from "Slumdog Millionaire" is going to be in it, as it was reported on 1010 WINS NY Radio a couple of days ago. It's also confirmed on wikipedia

eason 8

The eighth season of 24 will begin shooting in May 2009[33] and will presumably air in January 2010 following the pattern of the show since season 4. Executive Producer Howard Gordon says, "My hope is to go [shoot the feature film] after the eighth season. That's sort of what we're aiming for. I think that a big-screen 24 will be a fitting send off for Jack."[34] Kiefer Sutherland confirmed he will return for the 8th season and said the show’s future also hinges on its writers’ ability to shape its story.[33] The only confirmed cast members so far are Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard, Annie Wersching, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Cherry Jones who will reprise her role as Allison Taylor.[citation needed] Anil Kapoor of the film Slumdog Millionaire has been cast as a regular in Season as a Middle Eastern peacekeeper[35]

[edit] Feature film

A feature film adaptation of 24 was originally planned to be shot during the hiatus between the sixth and seventh seasons. Series creators Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran planned to write the script with showrunner Howard Gordon working on story.[36] Filming was to take place in London, Prague, and Morocco.[37] Jon Cassar revealed in an interview "I think the idea is to do an hour of it that sets it up where you can go around the world and set up a story in normal film time, and probably the last hour will be in real time – something like that."[38]
Plans for the movie were later put on hold. Kiefer Sutherland stated, "It's impossible to ask writers to work on the show and then come up with an amazing film we can shoot in the break between series."[39]
It is now thought that a film would be made after the eighth season, and that filming could still take place outside of the USA.[40]

24 Season 7 Blu-Ray details were officially revealed the other day. Blu-Ray is scheduled for a May 19th release, the day after the season finale of Season 7. I have never seen a TV show come to DVD the day after it finished the season, but I am not complaining. Can't wait to see this in 1080p, and TRUE HD 5.1 sound.

1458049.jpg

*Warning, there are spoilers about Season 7 in the details of the Blu-Ray. Read at your own risk*
Spoilers are within the spoiler tags.

Box Art taken from: http://www.dvdempire.com
Article taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com
Original Article: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/24-Season-7/11656

OFFICIAL FOX PRESS RELEASE, for those who can't access the links.

24 -Official Fox Press Release for the 7th Season on DVD & Blu-ray
6-disc set available in both standard and high-def formats on May 19th
Posted by David Lambert
4/09/2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

THE WAIT IS OVER AS JACK BAUER RETURNS
FOR HIS MOST ASTONISHING DAY YET

SEASON SEVEN

Highly-Anticipated Emmy® Award-Winning Series Returns
With An All-New Action-Packed Season
On Blu-ray Disc For The First Time Ever And DVD May 19
From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

CENTURY CITY, Calif. - Get ready to get addicted again with another heart-pounding, nail-biting thrill ride when "24" Season Seven arrives for the first time ever on high-definition Blu-ray Disc and DVD May 19 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The countdown starts over as Jack Bauer (Emmy® Award winner Kiefer Sutherland) is thrust back into action in a new city, with a new role and a new enemy to bring down. Set in Washington, D.C., Jack is under investigation for his "high crimes" during his time at CTU as a mysterious new threat is attempting to take the government down. As the race against the clock escalates, Jack is forced to take matters into his own hands, working with old friends and new allies to once again protect the country. Featuring stunning performances by returning-from-dead cast member Carlos Bernard ("Tony Almeida"), Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe O'Brian"), James Morrison ("Bill Buchanan"), Carlo Rota ("Morris O'Brian") and
Elisha Cuthbert ("Kim Bauer")
, new faces emerge including comedian-actress Janeane Garofalo (The Truth About Cats & Dogs, Ratatouille) and two-time Tony Award-winner Cherry Jones, as the first female President of the United States.

Fans can experience the long-awaited return of the nonstop adrenaline-charged intense thriller only "24" on Blu-ray Disc and DVD can bring, loaded with special features including deleted scenes, commentaries and featurettes. The "24" Season Seven Blu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $69.99 U.S. and the DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $49.98 U.S. On DVD & BD, you control the clock!!

"24" Season Seven Synopsis:
Set in Washington D.C., for the first time, the season opens four years after Season Six with the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) dismantled and Jack on trial for all his "misconduct" at CTU. Jack's day takes an unexpected turn when the government is threatened and his expertise are needed once again.

Blu-ray Disc Specifics
The "24" SEASON 7 Blu-ray disc is presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. Disc content and bonus feature details are listed below.

Disc 1
Episode 01: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Episode 02: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Episode 03: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Episode 04: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer/Director Jon Cassar and Carlos Bernard
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Manny Coto, Co-Executive Producer Brannon Braga and Carlos Bernard
The Fimucité Festival Presents: The Music of 24

Disc 2
Episode 05: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Episode 06: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Episode 07: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Episode 08: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer/Director Jon Cassar and Annie Wersching

Disc 3
Episode 09: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Episode 10: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Episode 11: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Episode 12: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer David Fury and Hakeem Kae-Kazim
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer Manny Coto, Co-Executive Producer Brannon Braga and Annie Wersching
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Commentary by Co-Executive Producer/Director Brad Turner and Tony Todd

Disc 4
Episode 13: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Episode 14: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Episode 15: 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Episode 16: 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Commentary by Co-Executive Producer/Director Brad Turner, Composer Sean Callery and James Morrison
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer Juan Carlos Coto, Annie Wersching and Bob Gunton

Disc 5
Episode 17: 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Episode 18: 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Episode 19: 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Episode 20: 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM
1:00 AM - 2:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Howard Gordon, Carlos Bernard and Jeffery Nording
Hour 19: The Ambush

Disc 6
Episode 21: 4:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Episode 22: 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM
Episode 23: 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Episode 24: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
5:00 AM - 6:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Evan Katz, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Glenn Morshower
6:00 AM - 7:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer David Fury, Co-Executive Producer Alex Gansa and Glenn Morshower
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producers Howard Gordon and John Cassar
Deleted Scenes with Optional commentary by Co-Executive Producer Stephen Kronish and Producer Paul Gadd:
*Jack Talks About His Daughter
*Colonel Dubaku Sends a Message
*Larry Confronts Sean
*President Taylor Recites Her Message
*Jack Helps Henry Until the EMTs Arrive
*Chloe disseminates Dubaku's Files
*Agent Walker Tells Kim that Jack is Sick
*Kim Visits Her Father
*President Taylor and Tim Woods Discuss the Emergency Response Protocols
*Tony Drags Jack
*President Taylor Doubts Herself
*The Contingency Plan is Revealed
*Agent Walker Orders that the Suspect be Transported back to FBI
*Tim Worries About President Taylor
24-7: The Untold Story

DVD-Specific Special Features:
The "24" SEASON 7 standard DVD is presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 Dolby Surround as well as French and Spanish Dolby Surround and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. The DVD contains all the same content and bonus features listed above.

[quote name='KingBroly']Why aren't they coming out with at least Season 1 on Blu-Ray? 24's always been in HD.[/QUOTE]

My guess is Fox wants to see how well season 7 sells before releasing the previous ones on Blu.

How good has this season been? I've recorded almost the entire season so far with the TV tuners, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. The last season of 24 I watched was the one where air force one crashed and the main character was taken by the Chinese.

[quote name='erehwon']How good has this season been? I've recorded almost the entire season so far with the TV tuners, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. The last season of 24 I watched was the one where air force one crashed and the main character was taken by the Chinese.[/QUOTE]

VERY good. Much better than last year. It's pointless to try to rank seasons, but I think this season has been right up there.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SH** TONY IS.........................

:( That sucks man, i thought he was on our .................................

OMFG that episode was amazing. This episode had everything from action, suspense, emotion, drama, to surprises. My mind feels like it has been fucked inside out ,and will never recover.

I totally did not see
Tony having another motive, and being a bad guy after everything he has done. On top of that he killed Larry Moss! (One of my favorite new characters this season behind Renee) I actually did think he was going to turn out to be a bad guy again, and be working for Hodges, but after all the "heroic things" he has done in the last few hours, it made be highly doubt that. But it seems the 24 writers have pulled a Nina Myers from Season 1. Make you think someone is bad, turn them good, and make them bad again.

BOTTOM LINE: 24 is back, at the best it has ever been, and hopefully this season will win some awards because it damn well deserves it in my book. Only 6 more episodes left :whee:

[quote name='Magus8472']This season is getting a bit ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yep, last episode with the president receiving at the white house, the man who is responsible for all the troubles of the day, and now Tony going dark, again...?Come on...?I rather have last season jack family tragedies all over again,I really liked that!

To me, this thing about Tony appearing to actually be bad is seeming to get a little out of hand. It was completely ridiculous to bring him back "from the dead". Then this season teasing everyone for about 12 hours that he is still on our side and pulling this crap again. I have always been a big fan of Tony, David Palmer was my favorite character before he was killed. I have no idea how people who Tony is their favorite can continue to watch as they make a complete mess out of his character. I think I probably would have stopped watching this show if they would have pulled this kind of shit with David Palmer.

like Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight) said to the President "I am just a small cog in a very big wheel". Who knows where this story could lead, I think we should wait until the season is over before we make any judgments about the story being ridiculous. I mean the Tony going bad thing has not been fully explained yet. People doubted 24 when they brought back "Tony from the dead" yet the show has proven themselves on that note so far this season.

Being brought back from the dead is much more ridiculous then becoming bad, and it is obvious anyone who thinks being brought back from the dead at first to be ridiculous, still continued to watch the show this season, and accepted that fact because the writers explained it well enough. So why not give the show a chance before any assumptions are made.

Personally I think it is great with Tony becoming bad. It ultimately seemed like the best way to evolve his character, and give him a new purpose on the show.

[quote name='Magus8472']This season is getting a bit ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Beyond the stupid crap going on with Tony, I couldn't help but laugh out loud when their solution to Jack's infection was an "emergency stem cell treatment." Oh, but but the pain of seeing Kim again trumped being cured of a mysterious fatal disease! Jesus christ, this season is a train wreck.

I think the Tony thing is pretty cool and a good twist.
Because you have to understand that he didn't really keep on flipping sides like it would seem.
He was bad since the very beginning of the season, he only acted good to manipulate jack and the government.
Since the very beginning all of the things he has done with Bill, Chloe, and Jack was just to get to this point, to obtain the virus for himself.
What he wants to do with it is yet to be known.

This is probably why he help jack blew up the missiles.
He didn't really want to see all those innocent people die, because his own personal target with his stolen virus is for a specific non civilian target. He's not pure evil, he just kills who gets in his way but not random people.
He also wanted to make everyone think the virus were all destroyed so he can get away with his canister undetected, didn't work tho.

But yesterday I said something I never thought I would ever EVER say since the beginning of the season,
Poor Poor Larry :( , he really did put up a fight to the very end so... here's to you Larry

But I do agree with Kirin that the stem cell shit is retarded, it was really only an excuse to get Kim back in the show somehow.

Potential spoiler for the last 6 episodes based on Episode 18 ending
Imdb.com has Jeffrey Nordling listed for all 24 episodes of Season 7. Nordling plays Larry Moss

[quote name='tenzor']like Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight) said to the President "I am just a small cog in a very big wheel". Who knows where this story could lead, I think we should wait until the season is over before we make any judgments about the story being ridiculous. I mean the Tony going bad thing has not been fully explained yet. People doubted 24 when they brought back "Tony from the dead" yet the show has proven themselves on that note so far this season.

Being brought back from the dead is much more ridiculous then becoming bad, and it is obvious anyone who thinks being brought back from the dead at first to be ridiculous, still continued to watch the show this season, and accepted that fact because the writers explained it well enough. So why not give the show a chance before any assumptions are made.

Personally I think it is great with Tony becoming bad. It ultimately seemed like the best way to evolve his character, and give him a new purpose on the show.[/quote]

I will first explain that I have been a fan of 24 since I saw the 1st episode of season 1. I have been very entertained by this season and I think this season is turning out to be pretty good.

I just can't stop thinking that the way that brought Tony back was terrible. When I heard Tony was gonna be in this season before it started, I remember thinking to myself that they better have a good fucking excuse about this. I can't remember the exact way it was explained but I remember thinking that it was a short and crappy explanation of how Tony is still alive. Even though I like seeing Tony again because I really liked that character, they shouldn't have brought him back. The writers for 24 seem to send the message of "Hmm.....it was really stupid to kill off Tony. Ah, we will just come up with a crappy explanation of how he has been alive all this time and hope people buy it."

Tony is probably working for/with a rival company or something. Before the Starkwood arc began, Tony said he got this info from a source. That's probably who he is working for/with.

Is it just me or is anybody else glad that Jon Voight's character is wrapping up his role in this season? He is just not well-suited for his character and his delivery of his lines is simply terrible.

I liked the plot twist, but I agree with others who think that Tony's character has been through the ringer this season.

I really liked Jack's reunion with his daughter because it was a good excuse to see Elisha Cuthburt and all of her babe-ish glory.

Plus it's good to see Jack in a more vulnerable state - previous seasons have done a good job with this and it's good to see that side of him coming through again.

This is 24 we're talking about where ridiculous story lines have been an occurence since Season 1. There is a reason why you're still watching 7 seasons later.... it's because of these ridiculous story lines that makes 24 so fucking awesome.

Jon Voight is awesome.

He's one of the few people that can play a villian that he can make you hate, no matter what. John Travolta is one of the only other people that I can name off the top of my head, and Dennis Hopper, with that kind of talent.

[quote name='redshadow']Jon Voight is awesome.

He's one of the few people that can play a villian that he can make you hate, no matter what. John Travolta is one of the only other people that I can name off the top of my head, and Dennis Hopper, with that kind of talent.[/QUOTE]

Two of those people appeared in 24. Now if John Travolta appears on 24 next season, that could be the best season ever.

[quote name='cmart05']This is 24 we're talking about where ridiculous story lines have been an occurrence since Season 1. There is a reason why you're still watching 7 seasons later.... it's because of these ridiculous story lines that makes 24 so fucking awesome.[/quote]

^
THIS

You know...something just came to mind.
Tony covered Moss' mouth, right? What about his nose? Didn't seem like it. Loophole perhaps? I mean, how can a dead guy's arm stay up like that?
It just doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='KingBroly']You know...something just came to mind.
Tony covered Moss' mouth, right? What about his nose? Didn't seem like it. Loophole perhaps? I mean, how can a dead guy's arm stay up like that?
It just doesn't make any sense to me.[/quote]

I didn't catch that, but the situation doesn't make much sense to me either. Tony has basically been a Triple or Quadruple Agent in the span 20 hours. He has been a major player in some of the events, but in others was out of the loop. I don't see how all of these events could have fallen into place so he could turn on the government (again).

[quote name='paddlefoot']
I didn't catch that, but the situation doesn't make much sense to me either. Tony has basically been a Triple or Quadruple Agent in the span 20 hours. He has been a major player in some of the events, but in others was out of the loop. I don't see how all of these events could have fallen into place so he could turn on the government (again).
[/quote]

well someone pointed out that on imdb.com it still shows David Moss' character having a significant role in the final episodes so perhaps Moss made believe he was dead or something or maybe it's just a glitch on their site ?

[quote name='KingBroly']You know...something just came to mind.
It just doesn't make any sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Tony covered his nose, also. I remember noticing.

I hope Tony is in fact evil. He overheard Moss say that Kim Bauer was at FBI Headquarters. That could create an intense final scene of the season where Tony holds Kim hostage and has a standoff with Jack. They could go so many ways with that.

[quote name='cmart05']This is 24 we're talking about where ridiculous story lines have been an occurence since Season 1. There is a reason why you're still watching 7 seasons later.... it's because of these ridiculous story lines that makes 24 so fucking awesome.[/quote]

Yeah I know that 24 story lines have been ridiculous since the beginning. I just think it's unfortunate that people aren't gonna remember Tony for what his character was like in the first 5 seasons before he was "killed". Tony is gonna be remembered for "coming back from the dead" and being evil, working with jack, turning on him again. I just think its getting ridiculous what they are doing to Tony's character.

Just finished up the previous week and now watching this weeks to catch up. Man, fuck that mothafucker Tony. Here I thought that Moss was one that MIGHT not be trusted. I hope that Jack tortures the fuck outta that little bitch!

I am on the west coast so I have to wait about 4 more hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
ending was alright...

out of all the seasons this was the one with the least twists (or at least the most predictable) and most straightforward.

fun season, but not the best.

Has there ever been
another quadruple agent on a TV show?

1. CIP Device = Bad
2. "Deep Sky" = Good
3. "mmmmmmph" (Moss) = Bad
4. YOU KILLED MY SON!!! = ...err Good?
?

great finale to a great season.

The Tony storyline actually makes sense, and I am satisfied with it. It avoids any plot holes, and reluctance I had towards that storyline when he killed Larry Moss. It made it more personal, and justified Tony's fascination with getting revenge when he mentioned that Michelle was carrying his son. Basically her death, and his son's death drove him over the edge. He did not care about anyone else, or what happens to him just as long as he gets his revenge. He just wanted to make sure his way of justice was fulfilled, and he could have from there killed himself or get killed to be with his family again.

The Olivia/Allison/Henry/Ethan/Aaron story arc was presented, and executed very well. They were building on that arc for most of the season, and the resolution was good.

A lot of good dialogue between the actors, and good acting from the cast. This finale did not have the twists and turns that it had all season long, and did not end with a dramatic twists like all the other season finales. Instead it gave us a straightforward, realistic ending.

It seems the storyline is not over with, and I hope they continue a little more from Season 7 instead of involving something else big.

January 2010 is going to be a long wait....

To be honest we were left wondering what happened with Rene and the leader of the group (forgot his name). Looks like we'll have to wait until next season to find that out.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
To be honest we were left wondering what happened with Rene and the leader of the group (forgot his name). Looks like we'll have to wait until next season to find that out.
[/QUOTE]

I think what the writers/creators wanted us to understand was that Renee has been wrestling all season long about the rights and wrongs of being a FBI Agent. At the beginning of the season she follows the rules, and listens to Larry Moss. Then as she meets Jack, and sees his view on how to get things done, and the results he gets, it puts her at a crossroads between following the rules or breaking them to get the job done.

The whole season she was pretty much the Jack Bauer in training girl. A damn hot one I might add, but that was pretty much her role. The mind of Jack Bauer, and his ways intrigued her, and allows her to come out of the FBI shadow. This goes back to that emotional conversation they two had in the finale when Jack was being loaded on the stretcher. Jack told her that his advice to her was "try to make choices, you can live with it".

So, yes you are right that we do not know what happens with Renee and Alan Wilson (the leader of the conspiracy), but if we look at the whole season from beginning up to that point we can assume that Renee made her choice, and will learn to live with it. Whether that is interrogating that son of a bitch Bauer style, or doing it the right way which will get her no where.....

I also noticed that during that scene she nodded at Wilson before entering the room, I just hope this does not lead to another .....
Tony twist
because I swear if they made her into a mole/double agent I will go:whee:

I wish I could just quit 24 at this point but I have to see how things end. The last 1/3 of this season was such shit that I was sometimes embarrassed to be watching it. But at least Tony didn't die, even though they murdered his character back in season 5.

[quote name='will530']Has there ever been
another quadruple agent on a TV show?

1. CIP Device = Bad
2. "Deep Sky" = Good
3. "mmmmmmph" (Moss) = Bad
4. YOU KILLED MY SON!!! = ...err Good?
?[/QUOTE]

HAHA

Earlier in the thread I commented that it would be hard to believe Tony was a triple agent after the episode ended with him holding Moss's mouth (but not his nose). Turns out, he wasn't a triple agent. 24 has always been absurd (in a fun way), but this scenario was a little sad.

bread's done
Back