$349 GAMING LAPTOP CONFIRMED! - Gateway M6862 CoreDuo 2.0ghz 512mb HD2600XT - BB YMMV

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Insane deal

$349.99 (YMMV) Best Buy - Gateway M-6862 Ultra-bright 2GHz Dual-Core Laptop

Specs:

• Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz; 4GB DDR2; DVD±RW; Card Reader
  • 1.3MP WebCam; 6.3lbs; 250GB 5400RPM HDD; 15.4" WXGA LCD
  • 802.11n WiFi; 1.5" thin; Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT (thx Pootie) 512mb GDDR3 dedicated gfx card
The Deal:

$749.99 regularly
- $150 off instantly IN-STORE only
- $75 INSTANTLY
- additional $75 INSTANTLY
- $100 off instantly with ISP Sign-up** In-Store (PM ME with your EMAIL ADDRESS for COUPON)

* ISP Sign-Up $100 OFF: You'll have to do some work for this one. Ask BB employee about the Internet Service Provider instant $100 discount on laptops for signing up in-store. They will look up your zip code in the system, and if any of your local ISPs provide this discount, you can register for new service on the spot with the advisor. INSTANT $100 additional discount. You will then have to call whichever provider you signed up with at a later time and cancel via telephone (without penalty).

** Coupon. This coupon is a printout (saved in MS word) which you are instructed to print after signing up for the ISP deal through the Best Buy website. Simply bring this in at the time you purchase the laptop, and let the employee know you signed up for the ISP at home and you'd like to apply the $100 credit. Done!

My purchase. Best Buy is deleting this SKU from their inventory and continue to mark it down further and further. I didn't believe this deal at first..

If you want to thank me for the deal, please check out my eBay auctions :)

UPDATE:
Looks like we're nearing the end of the road.... 3 weeks since the first markdowns. It was fun while it lasted! To those who landed a brand new shiny lappy (it is shiny, isnt it?) congrats! To those who did not, there will always be another deal to follow.

This was by first big deal post.. so I'll keep vigilant and we'll try to beat SD and FW to it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,

1st time poster ...

Q1: How is it that different BB have different prices?

Q2: Has anyone in West Coast gotten one for this low price!?!

Thanks,

G!:)

[quote name='fieldkillah']The BB near me said they had 4 left (before I bought mine) and that they had sold seven yesterday.[/quote]

Hi Filed,

Do you folks have "Sales Tax" in MA?

Thanks,

G!:)

Picked one up at $529 on my lunch break today. What's even better for me is that I'll get half of the cost back from work's computer reimbursement program!

No luck for me. I went Sunday and they had one left but the price was $649 plus tax would come out to be $695. I asked about the ISP deal but there was a 2yr contract so yeah, still hunting for a laptop

Yeah I went friday they had 9 but 599 per unit... Monday I call and they are all out.. price either dropped to 525 and someone snatched them up or something..

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Has anyone that bought the laptop tried running Unreal 3 or Maya? I'm guessing its a long shot, but if anyone has, or is able to test out how either runs I'd love to know.[/quote]

I just loaded up gears of war and it will run on high settings, haven't played much to check stutter but definitely would have to say medium would work great if high doesn't. I would think unreal tourny should run on medium settings but I don't know for sure.

[quote name='Salmonday']My Best Buy has stacks of them for $636.99.

Meh.[/quote]
lol yea that is the only best buy in the state with any left as far as I know
still not bad if you really needed one. I paid 599. Still way cheaper than comparably spec'd other brands.

[quote name='babycarlitos']i got one over here in Trumbull CT, $545 - $100 coupon... NICE!![/quote]

How?

I just bought one in Harrisburg, PA for $675 + tax = $725.49. It seems like a nice laptop if I could get it for a lower price. The employees said they didn't know anything about an internet deal.

Can someone please help me get this for less money?? Thanks!

--

Update:
Went to next closest Best Buy (60mi away). Told them I already signed up for Comcast internet. Gave them paper with UPC that someone posted online. $524.99-100= 424.99 + PA Tax = $450.49.

Thanks for the post guys, I have been in need of a laptop for awhile. :)

My girlfriend and I each bought one for $425 plus taxes (after the $100 HSI coupon). It's a great laptop for the price. It's a steal!

I actually used a coupon that someone posted at another site that worked for $100 off and you don't actually sign up for anything. I just went into Best Buy and told them I signed up for the HSI offer online and they scanned the barcode on the coupon. PM for details.

[quote name='gsugator']I actually used a coupon that someone posted at another site that worked for $100 off and you don't actually sign up for anything. I just went into Best Buy and told them I signed up for the HSI offer online and they scanned the barcode on the coupon. PM for details.[/quote]
Could you please post this coupon scan for others to use? I will add it to the OP.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Could you please post this coupon scan for others to use? I will add it to the OP.[/quote]

I PM'ed you back. It's a Word document and I was not sure how to post that. I included the link for you to grab the coupon and post it for everyone. Hope that helps and good luck to everyone. FYI the coupon will work with any laptop at BB.

I'm posting from the laptop too. It's an amazing deal and great computer.

[quote name='gsugator']I'm posting from the laptop too. It's an amazing deal and great computer.[/quote]
Wholeheartedly agree... I try not to just post random deals.. this is eevn better than most Black Friday deals, as was previously mentioned.

I'm glad I jumped on this (using my computer now at school). There were 6 when I was there, and I got the last one on the floor. It's crazy because they're all gone now.

Lansing Mi store had a bunch on Friday and they are all gone yesterday... today I called to check the district and the sku is gone completely... So move on these if you can people. I am pissed I missed it... Friday it was 599 and no coupons accepted. @ $425 its a great deal I would love one.

By chance anyone in mn wants one that is in the twin citeies, I returned mine for full refund because I was not happy with it crashing a few times when I unplugged the power cord from lappy. They took it and refunded my money. I wasn't interested in a fix for it. Gateway sent me an e-mail with what to do to solve the problem. LOL I got it after returning it. My point is nothing is wrong probably and it will be open box... even better deal. Just realized I didn't clear the memory, I called and they said they have to reset to factory so that will cover it. At least I didn't buy anything online.

this might be a wierd question, but if i buy it online and ship it to my house, would they be able to price adjust it for the clearance price in store?? they are all sold out at my local stores but its still in stock online so there's no way for me to do in store pickup. need a reply asap cuz i really want this cheap laptop

$599 at one of my best buy going to check the other 2 have it in stock to see their price but I probably won't buy it until it drops down a bit more. May be around $300-400 without coupon. Pretty good laptop for this insanely price =) Keep us update on price for this guys.

Anyone in Orlando, FL had any success with this? I really need a new laptop and this sounds great. I'm going to call around some Best Buys tomorrow to see.

[quote name='eliter1']Um, the coupon link is not working for me. Can anyone fix it[/QUOTE]

If anyone has a coupon can you please post it?

Thanks.

damn. i went to best buy after i got out of school and they didn't have any at my store but the local stores around me had a bunch. the price was $699 tho, only about $50 off so i was like meh. i guess its a no go for the so cal people. the employee i talked to did confirm that this was discontinued, so i was wondering if anyone knew how long before more price drops??

i'll probably keep an eye out for this deal...

[quote name='anarchyburger']damn. i went to best buy after i got out of school and they didn't have any at my store but the local stores around me had a bunch. the price was $699 tho, only about $50 off so i was like meh. i guess its a no go for the so cal people. the employee i talked to did confirm that this was discontinued, so i was wondering if anyone knew how long before more price drops??

i'll probably keep an eye out for this deal...[/quote]

I picked up the last one at the Glendale store today for $599 (Pasadena was sold out). The person I dealt with there said that the $525 clearance price varied from store to store and that he couldn't honor it. I didn't want to hassle with the ISP deal.

Still think $600 is a great price. I was planning on buying a notebook for school anyway - being able to play WAR and my Steam games will be a nice bonus with this one. I'm going to start setting the machine up now.

Just picked this up last friday. I'm pretty happy with it, runs fast and games pretty well. It has the traditional cheap feel of a gateway (I've owned 3 gateway notebooks), but it's a fantastic notebook for the price! I picked it up for 533 in chicago.

[quote name='docvinh']Just picked this up last friday. I'm pretty happy with it, runs fast and games pretty well. It has the traditional cheap feel of a gateway (I've owned 3 gateway notebooks), but it's a fantastic notebook for the price! I picked it up for 533 in chicago.[/QUOTE]

What best buy store did you get it at?

My laptop just broke last night! can someone send me that coupon for the $100 off. It would be awsome to get it for 425!

This laptop runs the Ubuntu 8.04 x64 live cd fine. When I get a chance I will dual boot it with Vista Home Premium x64. This is a great relief that it runs linux.

Well I got that laptop today. Love it so far. Had to pay $30 extra for BS "Geek Squad Optimization" but it still came out to $592 after tax so overall still a great price for the setup. Shame I couldn't use the $100 HSI deal too, it wasn't offered for my address. Maybe I will try printing that coupon and getting an adjustment at a local BB.

For others in the Orlando area they have 1 more at the 4601 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803 location (already "Geek Squad Optimized" tho so it's $30 more) and they said over the phone that there was like 10 at the Kissimmee FL location (Store 1411) but I don't know if those are the already tinkered with or not.

I think I messed up when I signed up for the HSI because I signed up for the same service I already had, but the old service is in my fathers name and the new one was in my name. I called to cancel it they didnt have any recored of me having any service. Will they charge me for the service if I never activate it?

If anyone is still looking for this laptop, we finally found it at a Best Buy in Soquel CA (suburb of Santa Cruz) for $524.99. It was the 5th BB that I visited while on vacation (got the heads up from an associate in the Emeryville BB that there was 9 in stock as of this Monday). As I had to shoot down Highway 1 to get to Monterey, it was right on the way :) (Good luck!)

Does anyone know exactly WHAT they do for the Geek Squad Optimization? I honestly have no clue and think it is just a rip off way to charge an extra $30 (but I haven't tinkered with the comp enough yet as I had an exam last night right after getting it so I haven't even transfered my files to it yet).

I hope you guys and gals are using the $100 HSI coupon. It works and you don't actually sign up for anything.

Joe or anyone want to pick one of these up for me? I am willing to do the $425 Plus tax and shipping, and throw in a retail game of your choice for any of the three consoles.

I have a copy of the coupon as well to get that $100 off.

* edit lets cancel taht I dont really need one of these currently.

Good luck to all getting them though.

Found 2 stores in WI that have them; 2 open box and 1 new....what's the usual discount on open boxes???...wouldn't mind picking one up for a Xmas present

[quote name='gsugator']I hope you guys and gals are using the $100 HSI coupon. It works and you don't actually sign up for anything.[/quote]pm me your email address and I'll send the coupon.. it's in a word file for some reason.

Man...I just bought a laptop about a year ago. I really don't need a new one....But I can barely play Half Life 2 on my current one. The closest store that has one is like 1/2 hour away from me. I might call them and check later. Dang your kick ass deal! Lol, thanks a lot man. I really wish I graduated this year, instead of last year, so I could pick that up guilt free lol.

Hell I might see my macbook for one of these. I'd rather have a laptop that could play games than one that makes me fit in with the coffee shop crowd.

Laptop is now selling for $449 (before using the $100 HSI). Deal keeps getting better and better. I'm off to BB to price match it with my friend's receipt as he just bought it for that price.

[quote name='Adawg120']Laptop is now selling for $449 (before using the $100 HSI). Deal keeps getting better and better. I'm off to BB to price match it with my friend's receipt as he just bought it for that price.[/quote]
I know this is insanely YMMV, but where is it you live????

Does anyone notice how the fan runs all the time, even when idling. Kinda weird I think, or at least annoying. Anyone else experiencing this or did I get a dud...

[quote name='Adawg120']Laptop is now selling for $449 (before using the $100 HSI). Deal keeps getting better and better. I'm off to BB to price match it with my friend's receipt as he just bought it for that price.[/QUOTE]

really about to go price match my laptop then.

I picked one up. Rings up for $540.99. I cant use the "coupon" because I work at Best Buy. They will track it on my account and I could get canned. I did however get money off the Service Plan. Hurrah for Accidental Damage. I am posting on it right now. I too had the optimization on my unit but I did not have to pay anything for it :). I dont have the fan "problem" that others have. I have been running it for awhile now with no "problem". Really slick PC for the money.

NOTE: If you are going to pricematch, to save on gas call the store and ask the customer service clerk to check the SKU in there system. They will tell you the price over the phone. More importantly they have to be instock at that location so make sure they actually have some left. If they are out of stock then its a no go.

bread's done
Back