$349 GAMING LAPTOP CONFIRMED! - Gateway M6862 CoreDuo 2.0ghz 512mb HD2600XT - BB YMMV

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Insane deal

$349.99 (YMMV) Best Buy - Gateway M-6862 Ultra-bright 2GHz Dual-Core Laptop

Specs:

• Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz; 4GB DDR2; DVD±RW; Card Reader
  • 1.3MP WebCam; 6.3lbs; 250GB 5400RPM HDD; 15.4" WXGA LCD
  • 802.11n WiFi; 1.5" thin; Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT (thx Pootie) 512mb GDDR3 dedicated gfx card
The Deal:

$749.99 regularly
- $150 off instantly IN-STORE only
- $75 INSTANTLY
- additional $75 INSTANTLY
- $100 off instantly with ISP Sign-up** In-Store (PM ME with your EMAIL ADDRESS for COUPON)

* ISP Sign-Up $100 OFF: You'll have to do some work for this one. Ask BB employee about the Internet Service Provider instant $100 discount on laptops for signing up in-store. They will look up your zip code in the system, and if any of your local ISPs provide this discount, you can register for new service on the spot with the advisor. INSTANT $100 additional discount. You will then have to call whichever provider you signed up with at a later time and cancel via telephone (without penalty).

** Coupon. This coupon is a printout (saved in MS word) which you are instructed to print after signing up for the ISP deal through the Best Buy website. Simply bring this in at the time you purchase the laptop, and let the employee know you signed up for the ISP at home and you'd like to apply the $100 credit. Done!

My purchase. Best Buy is deleting this SKU from their inventory and continue to mark it down further and further. I didn't believe this deal at first..

If you want to thank me for the deal, please check out my eBay auctions :)

UPDATE:
Looks like we're nearing the end of the road.... 3 weeks since the first markdowns. It was fun while it lasted! To those who landed a brand new shiny lappy (it is shiny, isnt it?) congrats! To those who did not, there will always be another deal to follow.

This was by first big deal post.. so I'll keep vigilant and we'll try to beat SD and FW to it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmb']yea all that + the bottom line is the centrino machines are basically designed to get better battery life if I remember correct, of course your power settings will influence this. Ussually the centrino lappy's run a little cooler from what I have noticed[/quote]thanks guys, was just wonderin....I've been running the power settings on balanced and get about two hours out of it, sound normal

[quote name='happyorangeman'].This laptop runs spore extremely well and multitasking is much quicker then my old laptop.

Thanks again![/quote]
yeah playin spore on this compared to my girls Vaio, that's only a year old, is a world of difference

Well, I was able to buy one of the last ones in the San Antonio/Austin region (thank God for San Marcos, where all I have to contend with are drunk, poor college kids); however, I couldn't get the HSI deal (didn't qual-er-fy) :(

Has anyone put XP on it? Have you had driver problems?? As fun as Vista is, I'd rather conserve my resources.

A store near me has two of these left? Do I need coupon because I called and they said it was $599. Also can it run Warhammer online decently?

Well I am looking for a laptop that can run Warhammer online at medium to high settings for under 800, was wondering is this was a good deal for me still? I really no nothing about computers.

well if you can get the HSI coupon to work then it would be 499. I havent looked but am fairly confident you couldnt find a better suited laptop new for that price. But I am by no means a pro in that area.

bread's done
Back