$349 GAMING LAPTOP CONFIRMED! - Gateway M6862 CoreDuo 2.0ghz 512mb HD2600XT - BB YMMV

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Insane deal

$349.99 (YMMV) Best Buy - Gateway M-6862 Ultra-bright 2GHz Dual-Core Laptop

Specs:

• Core 2 Duo T5750 2GHz; 4GB DDR2; DVD±RW; Card Reader
  • 1.3MP WebCam; 6.3lbs; 250GB 5400RPM HDD; 15.4" WXGA LCD
  • 802.11n WiFi; 1.5" thin; Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT (thx Pootie) 512mb GDDR3 dedicated gfx card
The Deal:

$749.99 regularly
- $150 off instantly IN-STORE only
- $75 INSTANTLY
- additional $75 INSTANTLY
- $100 off instantly with ISP Sign-up** In-Store (PM ME with your EMAIL ADDRESS for COUPON)

* ISP Sign-Up $100 OFF: You'll have to do some work for this one. Ask BB employee about the Internet Service Provider instant $100 discount on laptops for signing up in-store. They will look up your zip code in the system, and if any of your local ISPs provide this discount, you can register for new service on the spot with the advisor. INSTANT $100 additional discount. You will then have to call whichever provider you signed up with at a later time and cancel via telephone (without penalty).

** Coupon. This coupon is a printout (saved in MS word) which you are instructed to print after signing up for the ISP deal through the Best Buy website. Simply bring this in at the time you purchase the laptop, and let the employee know you signed up for the ISP at home and you'd like to apply the $100 credit. Done!

My purchase. Best Buy is deleting this SKU from their inventory and continue to mark it down further and further. I didn't believe this deal at first..

If you want to thank me for the deal, please check out my eBay auctions :)

UPDATE:
Looks like we're nearing the end of the road.... 3 weeks since the first markdowns. It was fun while it lasted! To those who landed a brand new shiny lappy (it is shiny, isnt it?) congrats! To those who did not, there will always be another deal to follow.

This was by first big deal post.. so I'll keep vigilant and we'll try to beat SD and FW to it next time!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Synergy']../ I'm already seeing them on ebay and craigslist.[/quote]I hate how assholes have to shit on great deals like this.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']I hate how assholes have to shit on great deals like this.[/quote]

Yeah, I find it aggravating myself. Thanks to fleabay and craigslist and such, everyone is always out to make a quick buck. Takes some of the fun out of it. Getting a great laptop for $367 is much more rewarding to me than flipping it for profit..

[quote name='lolwut?']Can anyone pick one of these up for me for cost+shipping+a little extra for the effort?

I really need a laptop for college and none in my area have one anymore...[/quote]

Nobody?

[quote name='Foladar']Got mine at a local store, was 449+tax. Last one.

[edit] btw if they tell you 699, tell them to double check the rss. mine tried to say 699 (and they were hidden in the back) but checked rss and it was 449.[/QUOTE]

i went to my local and they said rss was down and that they would have to go by the web site. I dont think he was playing games cause he was trying to log into rss before I even told him why and it kept failing to load.

prob just my store but fyi in case not

[quote name='floormat']i went to my local and they said rss was down and that they would have to go by the web site. I dont think he was playing games cause he was trying to log into rss before I even told him why and it kept failing to load.

prob just my store but fyi in case not[/quote]

My store also had problems earlier this morning. I thought it was odd that the employee was looking up the SKU on the website and not in their inventory.

I finally got one yesterday for $350. Amazing deal. I'm loving this laptop. At checkout they just scanned the coupon no questions asked. Incidentally the guy in the computer section was definitely high. I asked if he had the computer in stock (I know they did because I called earlier) and he says yes. Then just stands there like a tree staring off at something until I say "So...can you get it?" Then he says "Oh yea it's in the back. I thought you wanted to see it. It's not on display." I didn't want to see it I wanted to buy it. But if I did want to see it he was just going to stand around like an idiot in silence?

[quote name='docvinh']Had one for over 5 years no problem, how do you like them apples?[/QUOTE]
hahahahaha

seriously though, my gateway got damaged during Katirna. I called up gateway and told them the business. They sent the box for me and all that good stuff. I got excited....

....they send it back with the screen looking worse than it did. Their reason - "the warranty did not support screen damage" (WHY COULDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT OVER THE PHONE AND SAVE 2 WEEKS????!?!)

The price tag to fix - 450

The length of time i had that laptop - less than a month!

So you know I don't trust gateway....ever again!

I looked into it for a while and it looks like you can't get the Gateway warranty from store bought systems. If you want a warranty you need to get the Best Buy one. I am going to get the 2 yr accidental damage warranty.

[quote name='rmb']By chance anyone in mn wants one that is in the twin citeies, I returned mine for full refund because I was not happy with it crashing a few times when I unplugged the power cord from lappy. They took it and refunded my money. I wasn't interested in a fix for it. Gateway sent me an e-mail with what to do to solve the problem. LOL I got it after returning it. My point is nothing is wrong probably and it will be open box... even better deal. Just realized I didn't clear the memory, I called and they said they have to reset to factory so that will cover it. At least I didn't buy anything online.[/quote]

Can you post how to go about fixing it? What did Gateway say? A bunch of people (including myself) are starting to have this same problem. The computer freezes randomly when you disconnect the power cord. Please help!!!

Is the online availability checker accurate? Or do you have to actually call the store? According to the website, none of these are available anywhere near me. :whistle2:(

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Is the online availability checker accurate? Or do you have to actually call the store? According to the website, none of these are available anywhere near me. :whistle2:([/quote]
it should be right.

just got $80 back from the price guarantee at a store that last had it for $525

I bought mine for $600 and was happy until I saw all of the CRAZY price drops

:wall:

$600 for a Core2Duo 4Gb RAM laptop is a great deal

$525 for it is an incredible deal

$449 is damn near Deal of the year, as I highly doubt Black Friday is gonna have a similarly speced laptop for under $500

I'm also incredibly jealous of you folks who've been able to use the $100 HSI coupon, as the stores up here shut those down AT LEAST 2 weeks ago

:bomb:

lol 1 day and all the available units at BBs around me are gone lol. there were like at least 3 each store and like 4 stores have them lol. And funny thing is they are all on local ads site ksl.com now hahaha and craiglist for at least $600 a piece. Ohh human's greed =)

Wow, I can't believe this thing is STILL in stock in some places

If you live in an area where it's still in stock, consider yourself VERY lucky

It's out of stock in like a 450 mile radius from me

Looking at the website, using ZIP codes I know off the top of my head, it looks like its still in stock in Houston, New Orleans, Philadelphia

One place had it in stock today, but when I got there it was already gone.

Another place had them, but wouldn't budge anything below $679.99.

I said I heard it was on clearance and a lot less than that, and asked him to scan it. He then asked if I was going to buy it if it was still 679. I said no, I heard its alot cheaper, I wanna make sure.

He then told me no, he isn't going to open the cage and get a ladder since he knows how much it is.

God. I hate some retail people. If he just checked and showed me, I would've apologized and left relatively content. But to just be such a dick.

[quote name='Dokstarr']One place had it in stock today, but when I got there it was already gone.

I said I heard it was on clearance and a lot less than that, and asked him to scan it. He then asked if I was going to buy it if it was still 679. I said no, I heard its alot cheaper, I wanna make sure.

He then told me no, he isn't going to open the cage and get a ladder since he knows how much it is.

God. I hate some retail people. If he just checked and showed me, I would've apologized and left relatively content. But to just be such a dick.[/quote]

If you go in again, say you're looking for a computer and all you know is this SKU: 8913241

Ask them to look it up in their RSS system. That will give them the price and qty on hand. They can also look up the price and qty of the stores in that store's district

my parents live 4 hours away and went to pick me up one where they lived. They were supposed have one held but since there was 6 in stock they never pulled one. When they got there the guy climbed the ladder to get one. When he grabbed it the plastic handle popped out and the laptop fell between 15-20 feet to the floor. My mom said that my dad was on the other side of the store at customer service and yells out I dont want that one ¡! The employee was allready at the top of the ladder in disbelief that it had happened and now everyone at the store is looking at him. Talk about embarrasing. Thankfully they had others and the one we got appears funtctional. I guess the same guy is not the stocker thankfully =P

oh and thanks for posting this deal. My wife is thrilled. Great anniversary present.

[quote name='Dokstarr']One place had it in stock today, but when I got there it was already gone.

God. I hate some retail people. If he just checked and showed me, I would've apologized and left relatively content. But to just be such a dick.[/quote]Either that or just say, "Yeah I'm gonna buy it." Then watch him ring it up. If it pops up for $679.99 say "Changed my mind." If it rings up for $449, you win!

I'm going to go in-store tomorrow to see if the price in the RSS has gone down to $425. If so, I'll be a happy camper since I will be getting another $100 back. It's only been 7 days since I purchased it for $525-$100 HSI.

[quote name='floormat']my parents live 4 hours away and went to pick me up one where they lived. They were supposed have one held but since there was 6 in stock they never pulled one. When they got there the guy climbed the ladder to get one. When he grabbed it the plastic handle popped out and the laptop fell between 15-20 feet to the floor. My mom said that my dad was on the other side of the store at customer service and yells out I dont want that one ¡! The employee was allready at the top of the ladder in disbelief that it had happened and now everyone at the store is looking at him. Talk about embarrasing. Thankfully they had others and the one we got appears funtctional. I guess the same guy is not the stocker thankfully =P

oh and thanks for posting this deal. My wife is thrilled. Great anniversary present.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me when I started to walk out with mine. The salesman had apparently held the box on the sides, and when I tried to grab it by the handle, it gave out. Luckily, I caught it before it hit the ground.

[quote name='chrisflyer']This happened to me when I started to walk out with mine. The salesman had apparently held the box on the sides, and when I tried to grab it by the handle, it gave out. Luckily, I caught it before it hit the ground.[/quote]Ha! And you both realize this happens all the time in shipping right? Chances are any electronics you've purchased have beend ropped at least once before they reach the store ;)

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Ha! And you both realize this happens all the time in shipping right? Chances are any electronics you've purchased have beend ropped at least once before they reach the store ;)[/QUOTE]

what What WHAT noooooooo

HI! I'm from Brazil and intend to buy this laptop at MIAMI Best buy. At any BB store i can get the $150 off??
and about $75 and $75 other offers, how can i get them??

I see it's still in stock online.

Any chance you could call them and get them to give you the instant discounts, as if you bought it in a store?

When I went to buy one, it was sold out, even though the interweb said they had them in stock and the BB internal monitoring system also said they had some in. This happened at 3 other stores I called as well. I guess no deal for me. :(

Some of the Best Buy stores in the Dallas area were/are still selling the M6862 at $599.00, but call before you go to a store and confirm the price. Best Buy stores will not match the price of another Best Buy. Apparently, the stores have to be in the same "general area". Of course, I was originally told that the stores have to be in the same city. Best Buy will match the price of a competitor but not one of its own stores??!!!:bomb: The stores I was dealing with are literally within 8-10 miles of each other which is a a very short distance by Dallas driving standards. This was one of the excuses corporate used for not matching another store's price. Then, when they conceded the two stores were close, they stated that although they have their "Price Guaranty" they will NOT match another store's price if the item is labeled "clearance". The local store blamed it on corporate. In any event, three calls to corporate provided three different excuses. I concede that the computer is still a good deal at $749, but it really is the principle. The worst part is BEST BUY DOES NOT CARE......at all. There were no offers to assist me to find a store that sells the computer at the reduced price. I didn't even get a "sorry". I was told it was my choice to take my business elsewhere. Nice customer service, especially after years of shopping at Best Buy. My family and I have purchases tons {thousands of dollars} of appliances, electronics, etc. from Best Buy but not anymore. CIRCUIT CITY HERE I COME!

[quote name='hankysmoo']Can someone hook me up with the $100 coupon? I want to try and buy this tomorrow. Thanks so much in advance.

[email protected][/quote]

I think you're too late to this party...but I sent you the coupon. Good luck.

[quote name='Synergy']I think you're too late to this party...but I sent you the coupon. Good luck.[/quote]
It was a helluva party.. I danced til 3am!

If any one could hook me up with the coupon it would be appreciated. It says on their site my local store has some. Willing to give it it shot.
Thanks

[email protected]

ps. what is the expected price before coupon now?

thanks

[quote name='shadowkast']just noticed my laptop had a 'intel centrino' sticker on it rather than a 'core duo' sticker....anyone else???[/quote]

You mean this sticker?

cpt_62.gif

Mine has that as well.

Centrino refers to more than just the processor. Centrino shows that a machine has C2D and that it has wireless N tech, and a specific chipset.

Here's the info page from Intel:
http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/centrino/index.htm?iid=prod_laptopcore+body_cduo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manthing']You mean this sticker?

cpt_62.gif

Mine has that as well.

Centrino refers to more than just the processor. Centrino shows that a machine has C2D and that it has wireless N tech, and a specific chipset.

Here's the info page from Intel:
http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/centrino/index.htm?iid=prod_laptopcore+body_cduo[/quote]
yea all that + the bottom line is the centrino machines are basically designed to get better battery life if I remember correct, of course your power settings will influence this. Ussually the centrino lappy's run a little cooler from what I have noticed

well, I got this one for $480 without the coupon. I honestly think using the coupon if you're not getting internet is unethical (I wouldn't be), so I didn't use it.

Well Thank you to psuifoxx2 for the coupon. I picked one up for $380 after coupon.

I am using it right now and so far so good. This laptop runs spore extremely well and multitasking is much quicker then my old laptop.

Thanks again!

I tried price matching it today in MA (since people are saying it's $4XX), and the price was still 525 at my location when they looked it up. >_

[quote name='Antic']I tried price matching it today in MA (since people are saying it's $4XX), and the price was still 525 at my location when they looked it up. >_

bread's done
Back