3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) $29.99 + $10 Credit at GameStop.com

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]15188[/IMG-R]Not only is 3D Dot Game Heroes on sale, but GameStop.com is also offering a $10 credit bonus. If you have some other shopping in mind, you can use these coupon codes:

SAVER - Free value shipping
20OFF80 - $20 off any in-stock order $80 or more
25DEAL - 25% off any in-stock order $100 or more
OFF60 - $10 off any in-stock game $59.99 or more

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit
icongs_r1.gif
Other sale items with bonus credits

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Unaki']So does Best buy PM and offer a gift card if the competitor does?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your store, but this doesn't count. It's not a gift card, it's a coupon code disguised as a 'credit.' If anything, you might be able to show it to them and pretend it's a gift card.

first post but wanted to say, in for 1. Thanks OP. Was waiting for Amazon to put out some kind of similar deal so I could use my $20 gift card from RDR pre-order but I didn't want to risk gamestop pulling this offer and then just ending up paying more later (ended up ordering Demon's Souls from Amazon with that $20 gc anyways).

Okay I got my $20 credit and why cant I use it with any other offers. Isnt it like a gift card, is there a way around it? Thanks.

I ordered Red Dead Redemption (new) and Just Cause 2 and Uncharted 2 (both used) over the weekend with credit, and I received a $10 off coupon yesterday from Gamestop. I wasn't aware any of those games had a $10 credit attached, but I still got the email.

Uncharted 2 DOES have a credit for the new version, I wasn't aware the used had the same. But I didn't think about it too long, I cashed it in last night on 3D Dot Game Heroes, used SAVER as well and got the game for $20.xx shipped! That's 50% off MSRP. Very nice.

And to top it all off I have another $10 credit coming too from 3DDGH. Ha!

Gamestop ships with UPS, and if you use SAVER, the package is then intercepted by USPS.

Copy and paste the tracking number into the UPS tracking box. You'll probably see it there. That is what I do whenever I use SAVER.

Geez! Why will Amazon not just match the price!?!? I don't care about the ten dollar credit! I have 30 dollars in gamer credit burning a hole right now.

[quote name='javeryh']Can anyone confirm whether this game is playable in 1080i?[/QUOTE]
what do you mean by that? i have a 1080 i tv and a ps3 with an hdmi cord and i can play the game if thats your question

[quote name='bredbu']what do you mean by that? i have a 1080 i tv and a ps3 with an hdmi cord and i can play the game if thats your question[/QUOTE]

Does your TV also support 720p? Mine doesn't so if a game is not coded for 1080i/p my TV will display it in 480p only - there are at least 10-12 games I've had to pass on because of this issue.

[quote name='javeryh']Can anyone confirm whether this game is playable in 1080i?[/QUOTE]

Well, the PS3 does not up scale games. A game has to "support" the higher than native resolution to display in that. And looking at the back of the box (look at the gamestop product page and click the link under the artwork photo) it shows native 720p and nothing about supporting higher. So I would say no, from the evidence and some people's chatter on other websites I've read.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Gamestop ships with UPS, and if you use SAVER, the package is then intercepted by USPS.

Copy and paste the tracking number into the UPS tracking box. You'll probably see it there. That is what I do whenever I use SAVER.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what this means... I don't think SAVER has anything to do with it. Gamestop ships with both UPS and USPS, but clicking the tracking number will always send you to the USPS site. You have to look at the tracking number to tell which. If it starts with a "9" it's USPS; if it starts with "1Z" it's UPS.

[quote name='worshipsf']Not sure what this means... I don't think SAVER has anything to do with it. Gamestop ships with both UPS and USPS, but clicking the tracking number will always send you to the USPS site. You have to look at the tracking number to tell which. If it starts with a "9" it's USPS; if it starts with "1Z" it's UPS.[/QUOTE]
When I order with SAVER, the link in the order history sends me directly to USPS.

When I get non saver shipping, it directs me to UPS.

However, when I use SAVER, I copy and paste that tracking number and enter it into the UPS tracking... and low and behold, it is there.

if you guys want a surefire way to track packages, just paste the tracking number into google. google knows whats up.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']When I order with SAVER, the link in the order history sends me directly to USPS.

When I get non saver shipping, it directs me to UPS.

However, when I use SAVER, I copy and paste that tracking number and enter it into the UPS tracking... and low and behold, it is there.[/QUOTE]

It's not because of the SAVER code, it's because "Value Shipping" was selected at checkout, which the site automatically thinks is USPS even though they will sometimes (but not always) ship UPS 3-day select for "Value Shipping". If you picked "Ground Shipping" at checkout then it directs you to UPS.

[quote name='smoger']if you guys want a surefire way to track packages, just paste the tracking number into google. google knows whats up.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Someone told me this and now I do it as well, it never fails.

[quote name='worshipsf']It's not because of the SAVER code, it's because "Value Shipping" was selected at checkout, which the site automatically thinks is USPS even though they will sometimes (but not always) ship UPS 3-day select for "Value Shipping". If you picked "Ground Shipping" at checkout then it directs you to UPS.[/QUOTE]
I was simply suggesting the person try pasting that tracking number onto the tracking box at UPS to see if there is any info there.

And you're right, I was completely getting saver and value mixed up. That was my mistake. Sorry!

I'm very tempted to pick this up since I just got my $10 coupon from GoW III. I'll probably end up passing, though. By the time I actually play it, I'll be able to get it at that price anyway.

[quote name='emg28']I'm very tempted to pick this up since I just got my $10 coupon from GoW III. I'll probably end up passing since by the time I actually play it, I'll be able to get it at that price anyway.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, but for 19.99 it is a steal. I don't think this game will go to 19.99 MSRP any time soon.

[quote name='SpiceBro']Placed an order on 5/26, and in my account settings it says that the order was closed. If I click on the actual order number, it says that the game has shipped, and there's a tracking number as well. The tracking number has no record on the USPS site.

What the hell?[/QUOTE]

It takes a day or two for the USPS site to update with a starting point basically. Don't worry man, it will be on its way to you.

Gamestop was sneaky with the $10 dollar credit. Nowhere on the website does it say for new games only. I bought some used ones and I dont get the credit :\

[quote name='sciafb']Well, the PS3 does not up scale games. A game has to "support" the higher than native resolution to display in that. And looking at the back of the box (look at the gamestop product page and click the link under the artwork photo) it shows native 720p and nothing about supporting higher. So I would say no, from the evidence and some people's chatter on other websites I've read.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound promising... although there are a lot of games that say 720 only on the box but work and there are quite a few that say 1080p and don't work. It's annoying.

Y'know guys, GameStop doesn't care if you pay them angrily so long as you pay them. If you hate GameStop, don't buy from them. It's not a boycott if you only refuse to buy products you don't want to buy.

[quote name='Lobster']Y'know guys, GameStop doesn't care if you pay them angrily so long as you pay them. If you hate GameStop, don't buy from them. It's not a boycott if you only refuse to buy products you don't want to buy.[/QUOTE]
There was a boycott? :whistle2:s

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']There was a boycott? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I missed that too.:whistle2:k
One-man boycott perhaps? :lol:
Dude comes out of a 2+ year posting hiatus to randomly mention a non-existent boycott?
I guess he got his post in for the year. He won't be back until 2012.

[quote name='Morphx2']Gamestop was sneaky with the $10 dollar credit. Nowhere on the website does it say for new games only. I bought some used ones and I dont get the credit :\[/QUOTE]
Really? Hmmm... I bought a used Assassin's Creed 2 for Xbox 360 and received the bonus, but it was the $22.99 was listed as the price on the bonus page. Perhaps you have to buy the item condition that matches the price on the bonus page?

[quote name='javeryh']Doesn't sound promising... although there are a lot of games that say 720 only on the box but work and there are quite a few that say 1080p and don't work. It's annoying.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game myself, and only have a 720p native tv that can still display 1080i (you know for douche bags?). lol If no one else can give you at least an answer of if you can get 1080i from it, I'll let you know when I get it..

that is of course if I ever do. I'm watching my tracking from USPS and for some crazy reason (as it always is) USPS goes retard mode and shipped from LOUISVILLE, KY it to KEARNY, NJ on the 29th and now just last night it left from being processed at JACKSON, MS wtf? Mind you I'm in NJ, could have had it today or yesterday! I've seen this happen on occasion and it really pisses me off how screwed up mail can get..I don't get it.

this may have been asked already but is there any known issue with buying multiple games with $10 coupon offers in a single purchase? Will I get all the coupons still? Thanx.

I tried buying this 2 times and each time it says the order went through, but no email. I used a giftcard each time that has around 33 bucks on it, so no way I can get charged twice. No email confirming and nothing on the order status page.

[quote name='joeyatog']this may have been asked already but is there any known issue with buying multiple games with $10 coupon offers in a single purchase? Will I get all the coupons still? Thanx.[/QUOTE]

Over the weekend, I ordered Mario Galaxy 2 (with a $20 coupon offer) and Mario Kart Wii (with a $10 coupon offer) and received both coupons, so I'd imagine multiple $10 coupon games would be fine too.

[quote name='Morphx2']I tried buying this 2 times and each time it says the order went through, but no email. I used a giftcard each time that has around 33 bucks on it, so no way I can get charged twice. No email confirming and nothing on the order status page.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, the same exact thing has happened to me twice this morning. I called the GS 800 number, they couldn't see either confirmation number that I printed. Nothing in my history section for either order. I'm hoping the order(s) will show-up later today, and I'll just cancel one.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Over the weekend, I ordered Mario Galaxy 2 (with a $20 coupon offer) and Mario Kart Wii (with a $10 coupon offer) and received both coupons, so I'd imagine multiple $10 coupon games would be fine too.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I want to pick up Dot heroes, wario shake it, and ssfIV. anyone know a cheap $6+ throw-in so i can get the $20 of $80 deal?

This looks good, but I almost never shop at Gamestop; Amazon's always cheaper. Still, now I have a price point to shoot for later ($22). If 3DDGH ever gets that low, I'll know when it's time to buy.

[quote name='Morphx2']I tried buying this 2 times and each time it says the order went through, but no email. I used a giftcard each time that has around 33 bucks on it, so no way I can get charged twice. No email confirming and nothing on the order status page.[/QUOTE]

i have done 2 orders in 2 days and both of them have completely dissapeared !! its really wierd

I just ordered a copy even though I bought one at launch from amazon. Hopefully the GS copy will arrive in time for me to return it to amazon.

Well considering the $10 coupon you get can't be stacked with 20 Off 80 or Saver, you'd be paying for shipping next time you order unless you get a $25 game, you just minimize the savings. I'd rather order something for $10, get free shipping and be done with it.

[quote name='sadunk']Well considering the $10 coupon you get can't be stacked with 20 Off 80 or Saver, you'd be paying for shipping next time you order unless you get a $25 game, you just minimize the savings. I'd rather order something for $10, get free shipping and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

so can i use the 20 off 80 and/or SAVER when i buy games that give away coupons? is it a problem only when you use the $10 coupon and one of these codes? i am slow today! =p

Ordered one likie 6 hours ago...has not shown up on order history. I called the GS rep. and they said something is wrong with the system.

[quote name='joeyatog']so can i use the 20 off 80 and/or SAVER when i buy games that give away coupons? is it a problem only when you use the $10 coupon and one of these codes? i am slow today! =p[/QUOTE]
Only when you use a $10 code.

You can use 20 off 80 in conjunction with SAVER.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Only when you use a $10 code.

You can use 20 off 80 in conjunction with SAVER.[/QUOTE]

ok, thanx. that's not so bad...i'll just eat shipping on a game later on. I'll have $30 in credit though if i get 3 games today!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Only when you use a $10 code.

You can use 20 off 80 in conjunction with SAVER.[/QUOTE]

You can use a $10 code with SAVER. That's how I got 3D Dot Heroes for under $20.

[quote name='rainking187']You can use a $10 code with SAVER. That's how I got 3D Dot Heroes for under $20.[/QUOTE]
That is affirmative. Sorry about that.

[quote name='david12795']Ordered one likie 6 hours ago...has not shown up on order history. I called the GS rep. and they said something is wrong with the system.[/QUOTE]

Did they still get the order? Because I placed one awhile back and it's not showing up either.

I shoulda just left my previous order, but I cancelled it because I'm indecisive.

[quote name='rainking187']You can use a $10 code with SAVER. That's how I got 3D Dot Heroes for under $20.[/QUOTE]

even better! thanx for all the info, guys!

bread's done
Back