3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) $29.99 + $10 Credit at GameStop.com

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]15188[/IMG-R]Not only is 3D Dot Game Heroes on sale, but GameStop.com is also offering a $10 credit bonus. If you have some other shopping in mind, you can use these coupon codes:

SAVER - Free value shipping
20OFF80 - $20 off any in-stock order $80 or more
25DEAL - 25% off any in-stock order $100 or more
OFF60 - $10 off any in-stock game $59.99 or more

:ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit
icongs_r1.gif
Other sale items with bonus credits

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone gotten the $10 who ordered when the deal first when live? i think i was suppose to get two (one for UFC and one for 3D) of them but i only received one of them ... should i shoot an email to GS Customer support or just wait it out?

[quote name='Sillentassasin']Has anyone gotten the $10 who ordered when the deal first when live? i think i was suppose to get two (one for UFC and one for 3D) of them but i only received one of them ... should i shoot an email to GS Customer support or just wait it out?[/QUOTE]
I ordered on Monday, game shipped Tuesday (will be here today), and received my code on Wednesday.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Well, got my $10 off code today, but my game's still backordered...[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Here I thought I got the code from CSR when I emailed them.

Guess not lol. That's weird.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Well, got my $10 off code today, but my game's still backordered...[/QUOTE]

Same for me as well. I was surprised to get an e-mail from Gamestop for the $10 off code. I checked my order status online and the game is still backordered... pretty strange.

[quote name='happydogs']Ordered mine 5/25, after the out of stock/can't order online status was lifted. Shipped this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Code came in today, too.

My copy was supposed to be here today. Checked UPS site to find out they sent it to the wrong state, and it won't be here until mid next week. Contacted UPS, and was basically told it wasn't their problem. Contacted Gamestop customer service, and was impressed. Obviously it was UPS' issue, not gamestop's, but the agent apologized and gave me another $10 code.

[quote name='david12795']Hmm not sure if I should get this game or wait if GS decides to lower RDR.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, we get it. You want Gamestop to lower the price of Red Dead Redemption. You should post this in another random thread in a few hours.

I actually hated 3d dot heroes after I forgot to save in the fire temple. F this game. Unbeatable boss is in fire temple (I am a seasoned gamer, I don't suck)

[quote name='phantasyx']I actually hated 3d dot heroes after I forgot to save in the fire temple. F this game. Unbeatable boss is in fire temple (I am a seasoned gamer, I don't suck)[/QUOTE]

really wasnt that bad when you have the strategy down, actuallly the first boss i beat without getting hit at all. just make sure you have upgraded the Fire Ruby (found right outside of the dungeon to the left) to the Fire shield, or you definitely will have a hard time.

About the Fire Shield from the FAQ just in case you didnt have it already:

If you got the Magic Shield in the Aqua Temple and you talked to the man about the Ruby at Jim's Shack, you can obtain the Fire Shield at this point. Note the pinkish rock just west of the temple. Follow the narrow path between the cliff and the lava and approach it. A message will pop up. Answer "Yes" to obtain the Fire Ruby (if the message doesn't appear, you probably forgot to talk to the man at Jim's Shack). After obtaining it, talk to the man in the far northeast corner of Jim's Shack once more and he'll make you the Fire Shield. In addition to everything the Magic Shield does, this shield will also protect you from fire!

hold your shield button the whole time and spam a sword thats long enough to hit him (hopefully at full health). if he flys over you just run around until he lands back shooting fireballs again. if you do get hit, use a potion or just move up a little closer, just always hold the shield button down.

[quote name='RobotSimp']really wasnt that bad when you have the strategy down, actuallly the first boss i beat without getting hit at all. just make sure you have upgraded the Fire Ruby (found right outside of the dungeon to the left) to the Fire shield, or you definitely will have a hard time.

About the Fire Shield from the FAQ just in case you didnt have it already:

If you got the Magic Shield in the Aqua Temple and you talked to the man about the Ruby at Jim's Shack, you can obtain the Fire Shield at this point. Note the pinkish rock just west of the temple. Follow the narrow path between the cliff and the lava and approach it. A message will pop up. Answer "Yes" to obtain the Fire Ruby (if the message doesn't appear, you probably forgot to talk to the man at Jim's Shack). After obtaining it, talk to the man in the far northeast corner of Jim's Shack once more and he'll make you the Fire Shield. In addition to everything the Magic Shield does, this shield will also protect you from fire!

hold your shield button the whole time and spam a sword thats long enough to hit him (hopefully at full health). if he flys over you just run around until he lands back shooting fireballs again. if you do get hit, use a potion or just move up a little closer, just always hold the shield button down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just lost to him last night. Managed to save after booking him though.

[quote name='RobotSimp']really wasnt that bad when you have the strategy down, actuallly the first boss i beat without getting hit at all. just make sure you have upgraded the Fire Ruby (found right outside of the dungeon to the left) to the Fire shield, or you definitely will have a hard time..[/QUOTE]

that's funny.. i struggled against him, finally went and stocked up on health potions, went back and.... also beat him without getting hit.

this was after like 10 tries though. upgrading your sword helps a lot too.

also, remember that if your sword is upgraded, the strength upgrades only apply at full health, so if you want to take him down quicker, it may be worth it to use a health potion when you're still near full health if only for the sake of having a fully powered sword.

after this guy the rest of the game was cake.

No I had everything potions, upgraded sword and Fire shield all that, it must have been a glitch because I timed it at taking over 10 min after I had died. That is like a sadist thing or something whatever happened. I'd try some more but I said F it after playing 2 hours finishing up the fire temple and it not auto saving for me. Which would have been convinient but I'm not going through that again.

Had a $10 coupon from buying Assassins Creed 2, used it on this and will get another $10 dollar coup. I still have $50 in coups from Amazon.

So I got my coupon today, and it's back in stock. Does this mean they're fulfilling all backorders, or are they going to skip those until it's OOS again? I've been waiting so long. I have hero withdrawl.

I ordered on May 29th while it was backordered... haven't received my coupon code and my game hasn't shipped yet.

Surely they'll send out the backorders before accepting new orders... right? I'm starting to get worried.

Dang, how long is it going to be before they list some used copies? >_>

EDIT: *Sigh* I caved in. The way I see it, they'll probably wait until they kick it back up to the $40 mark to sell it for $30 used, and then I'll only be getting an extra $3 off with Edge and no free $10 coupon. So I went ahead and used a $20 coupon code I got a while back to make the total come out to $10.96 shipped. I'm happy with that. :D

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Dang, how long is it going to be before they list some used copies? >_>

EDIT: *Sigh* I caved in. The way I see it, they'll probably wait until they kick it back up to the $40 mark to sell it for $30 used, and then I'll only be getting an extra $3 off with Edge and no free $10 coupon. So I went ahead and used a $20 coupon code I got a while back to make the total come out to $10.96 shipped. I'm happy with that. :D[/QUOTE]
I was in the same camp as you--waiting for the used copies to stroll in. But as soon as I saw this deal my mind was made up.

This is a great deal though, with or without the $10 coupon code. I ordered it without knowing that there was a coupon associated with it. Awesome game. If you like a nostalgic dungeon crawler, this is it.

If I don't get a delivery confirm from them before it goes backordered/OOS again, I'm going to be furious.

They MUST fulfill backorders first I think....

(it is Gamestop though, so who knows?!?!?)

Ordered my copy last Thursday when it was back-ordered and I just got charged. They're probably shipping everyone who's back-ordered first.

whoa haven't used GS.com in awhile. When did it get it's new checkout system? It looks a lot cleaner and functional now. So does that mean all promos work properly from this point on?

[quote name='estofan']Yeah, what did you show BB to have them PM it? I still have it on backorder on GS, but no particular hurry for me as long as they ship it eventually.

Anyone else notice GS has been slower and slower in handing out the $10 coupons? I qualified for 4 or 5 the past week alone, and even after I have received the games in question, the coupons haven't showed up. I emailed GS and they replied saying something to the effect that they have been swamped with requests for the $10 coupons, and can I be patient?[/QUOTE]
Its very simple to get a PM from BB, I just show them the price on an advertisement, I happened to show them using my smartphones web browser. It's actually company policy to PM all LOCAL competitors when asked. If you buy a product at BB and find it cheaper somewhere else they will PM that price you found and even give you an extra 10% on top of everything (110% Price Match on already bought items).

Myy $10 off UFC code doesn't apply. I've never ordered at gamestop before so does that mean I need to already have made an order first?

Here's what it said

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:...:p.... - Save $10 off your next online purchase. Not valid on consoles, hardware or pre-release limited/collector's editions. May not be combined with other offers.

[quote name='haru3173']Myy $10 off UFC code doesn't apply. I've never ordered at gamestop before so does that mean I need to already have made an order first?

Here's what it said

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:...:p.... - Save $10 off your next online purchase. Not valid on consoles, hardware or pre-release limited/collector's editions. May not be combined with other offers.[/QUOTE]

Those Ufc codes are all messed up I talked to a customer service rep and he told me to just place the order and then call them and they will credit you back the 10 bucks

Like most of you saw it was back in stock and used my $10 coupon from mario kart wii to buy-19.99- not bad!!!! Plus we get another 10 coupon- Jump on while it is in stock!

When does the $10 coupon expire? I currently don't need to buy any game after this game but maybe in the fall I could use that $10 coupon.

[quote name='eagles5769']When does the $10 coupon expire? I currently don't need to buy any game after this game but maybe in the fall I could use that $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

The coupons are good for a couple of years so there's plenty of time to use them.

[quote name='eagles5769']When does the $10 coupon expire? I currently don't need to buy any game after this game but maybe in the fall I could use that $10 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they're good for three years.

[quote name='Fenlol']Its very simple to get a PM from BB, I just show them the price on an advertisement, I happened to show them using my smartphones web browser. It's actually company policy to PM all LOCAL competitors when asked. If you buy a product at BB and find it cheaper somewhere else they will PM that price you found and even give you an extra 10% on top of everything (110% Price Match on already bought items).[/QUOTE]

Best Buy removed the 110% part sometime last year... now they just match exactly no matter when you bought.

This game really is fantastic and should be bought new to support bringing this sort of stuff to the US...

Placed an order on 5/26, and in my account settings it says that the order was closed. If I click on the actual order number, it says that the game has shipped, and there's a tracking number as well. The tracking number has no record on the USPS site.

What the hell?

[quote name='SpiceBro']Placed an order on 5/26, and in my account settings it says that the order was closed. If I click on the actual order number, it says that the game has shipped, and there's a tracking number as well. The tracking number has no record on the USPS site.

What the hell?[/QUOTE]

It's normal for it to say it's "closed" once it's shipped as far as I know. My GOW 3 order said the same thing and I still got it within 5 days of ordering.

I don't know that it's normal for an order to take quite this long but it was on backorder for some time plus there was a holiday. So most likely it's just shipped and you'll be getting it soon.

[quote name='SpiceBro']Placed an order on 5/26, and in my account settings it says that the order was closed. If I click on the actual order number, it says that the game has shipped, and there's a tracking number as well. The tracking number has no record on the USPS site.

What the hell?[/QUOTE]

1. "Closed" doesn't mean canceled, it means the order is completed.
2. If the tracking number starts with "1Z", then it's actually a UPS tracking number (for some reason, Gamestop can't differentiate this and will always send you to USPS.) Try it on ups.com

Ah, thanks guys. The tracking number is still borked, but maybe the location info hasn't been added or something...

In the process of trying to get both SAVER and my $10 coupon to work, it seems I nullified my $10 code or something, or there is a glitch or a cookie issue, I have no idea. I can no longer get the $10 off at all, even alone (was refreshing trying to get both SAVER and $10 off)...I tried logging out and logging in again, deleting the entire cart contents and putting it back in, putting in another game, testing it then...nothing.

If I have to I'll contact Gamestop, but I don't have the time now, it's late. Anyone else get this dilemma?

Nothing I put in is working when I click Activate.

bread's done
Back