3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

GameLoft mistakenly announced in an e3 invitation that they're bringing another one of their iPhone games over to DSIWare.

The Oregon Trail

Be prepared for a dysentery (More like DSientery) epidemic on the DSi Shop.

There's a rumor running around that Oregon Trail has been announced via embargo to websites, but some leaked it anyway. Supposed to show up at E3.

Primer dia, cucarachas.

Edit: Damn you cocoa bean.

Edit 2: Rofl@that release. "Guitar Rock Tour 2." Incredible.

Yeah, I just looked it over. Dumb. I'd take the Apple IIe version any day.

Damn robbers stole clothes out of my wagon. Gotta get them sumbitches.

Looking at the ESRB site, you may see these games coming in the next coming weeks:

Asphalt 4: Elite Racing

This is an action racing game in which players drive high-performance cars through city streets. Players can race against other drivers, crash into them, or simply push other drivers off the tracks. In the "Cop Chase" mode, players race through roadblocks in an attempt to outrun police vehicles and to achieve bonus points.

BRAIN CHALLENGE

"This is a collection of "brain training" puzzle games that include math, memory, and logic exercises. Players perform educational tests and receive scores based on their speed and accuracy. In a "stress test" exercise, a police officer yells at the player, pounds on the screen, and sometimes breaks the glass when an incorrect answer is given."

American Popstar Road To Celebrity

"This is a social simulation game in which players follow the storyline of a young girl who aspires to become a pop star. Players can engage in a mixture of musical challenges (e.g., dance battles and playing guitar), social objectives (e.g., developing a friendship or scaring a rival), and even maintenance of health and hygiene. During the course of the game, players will need to guide their characters into bathrooms in order to relieve themselves, which is depicted by a toilet paper icon and an opaque star covering the character."

Gameloft...meeeeh.

[quote name='shlby']
BRAIN CHALLENGE

"This is a collection of "brain training" puzzle games that include math, memory, and logic exercises. Players perform educational tests and receive scores based on their speed and accuracy. In a "stress test" exercise, a police officer yells at the player, pounds on the screen, and sometimes breaks the glass when an incorrect answer is given."
[/QUOTE]

ANOTHER port of Brain Challenge? It's already available on XBLA , WiiWare and the DS already as a regular game card. I guess they figure if people will buy the express versions of Brain Age , then they will buy this.

I decided to give Real Soccer/Football 2009 a try. I'm not sure why because I'm never any good at these games, and this one proves to be no exception. I have yet to score a goal in about an hour of play, so it has gotten very frustrating, but the main thing I can't get hold of in sports games (including Madden, etc.) is how when on defense the game keeps changing the player you are controlling. I start running toward the player with the ball and then suddenly I'm controlling someone else who is closer to the ball, but who is now traveling away from it because that was the right direction before but not now! Then a second later I'm controlling someone else. Etc, etc. I wish the game would allow me to play the offense only, with it controlling the defense entirely. I think I'd enjoy such games a lot more if I could do that.

There are both button-only and touch controls, which is a combination of the d-pad to move, L button (hold to run) and the touch screen to pass, shoot and do various moves via gestures. The touch controls partly work really well, most notably the basic pass, but then there are some gestures that I can't get to work reliably such as a "GK rush", which means the goalie rushes out to the ball. Most of the time when I try the pictured gesture it interprets it as a long pass, which does nothing in this case since I'm on defense! I did find that if I drew the gestures larger and faster then pictured they tended to work better. Probably with practice I could get better at it, and the fact that the passing is so much better (draw a line in the direction you want to pass), I tend to want to use the touch controls, but then I also find myself performing moves I didn't mean. Probably I should just stick with the button controls. In any case I don't score a goal and the computer does. Sigh.

Now, if you like soccer/football games, I think this is a probably a good one, so I say go for it.

EDIT: the camera integration, while a gimmick, is amusing to play with. The results aren't entirely satisfactory, but with experimentation you can get interesting results.

American Popstar Road To Celebrity

"This is a social simulation game in which players follow the storyline of a young girl who aspires to become a pop star. Players can engage in a mixture of musical challenges (e.g., dance battles and playing guitar), social objectives (e.g., developing a friendship or scaring a rival), and even maintenance of health and hygiene. During the course of the game, players will need to guide their characters into bathrooms in order to relieve themselves, which is depicted by a toilet paper icon and an opaque star covering the character."

LOL following a young girl into the bathroom.... Im shocked there isnt a outrage over this yet.....

Just got a DSi :D

Ok. So.. anything I should get? Really trying to save the points, but I DO want to play with something. I'm thinking Birds and Beans :lol: MAAAYBE Aquavia or whatever it is.

:whistle2:k

Wait till Monday to see if we get Moving Memo or something. There's nothing truly astounding yet. Just some fun distractions.

I didn't buy anything yet. I doubt I will. MMM at free 1000 points. It's like.. FINALLY they did something right!

I guess we can't really complain too much about the DSi shop as it's really only been a month.. but.. in WiiWare's defense.. some of the best titles did come out during the first month ;)

I wonder if all of these DSiWare games are gonna be pick up and play/express stuff. I'd love to get some games with a little depth...My Life as a King kind of depth comes to mind :cool:

I'm looking for one still, lilboo. But I'm OCD about all that and will write at length about one I like once I actually find it.

I had one from CAPDASE for my DSL, which was a combination of soft and rigid silicon. It protects the system from shocks and things, stopped fingerprint issues, and added only a small bit of extra bulk/weight. But since the DSi is matte, I might settle for something less. We'll see.

Maaaaaybe Club Nintendo's 2009-2010 rewards will have a DSi case. :whistle2:k

...Oh and MMMM! I was just reading around. Did anyone else know that there's going to be a pOp game for DSiWare?! I

[quote name='lilboo']I really really do hope that they have a GBC/GBA game virtual console. It's just.. it would make SUCH sense. This shit would sell well!!

So, any specific DSi cases out yet that are nice? My old one from my DSL is kind of beat up.
I only saw this, and it does look pretty neat..http://www.amazon.com/DSi-System-Wa..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1242577236&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I use this:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-33z2.html

If you want something like a cover, I like this:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-3av5.html

My previous DS case was a hori. Great case. It was pretty much almost exactly what shlby posted.. :lol:
Possibly looking for something different. I don't know, we'll see. Not much of a hurry to get one.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=82888

dqw01.jpg

Square-Enix announced Dragon Quest Wars for DSiWare. As the above link says, it's a strategy board game developed by Intelligent Systems (Advance Wars and Fire Emblem). There's going to be online multiplayer, and it's set for a June 3rd release in Japan for 500 points.

Art Style™: PiCTOBiTS™ (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™): Your goal in Art Style: PiCTOBiTS is simple: clear large blocks that fall from above ("megabits") by combining them with "bits" (square blocks) of the same color. Add in the ability to pick up bits and place them anywhere on the touch screen, and you'll quickly find that strategy is critical to your success. By clearing the bits, you gradually reveal each stage's hidden game character - look for favorites from classic NES™ titles - and earn coins that can be spent to unlock DARK stages or to listen to the game's soundtrack in MUSIC mode. This grand mix of familiar elements and new game play leads to the uniquely enjoyable experience that is PiCTOBiTS.

So Picopict is out, so I'm happy. But what is their obsession with giving these games a different name in every region?

Also, from Cao Cao's link:

So yes, this is the first of six exclusive DSi titles that Intelligent Systems and Square-Enix are working on. We don’t know if the other five titles will be DSiWare, or retail DSi-only projects.
Exciting.

[quote name='Strell']Aaaaaaaaaaaand we're updated. Going to go download PiCTOBiTS right now.[/QUOTE]

Not up yet. :

[quote name='Cao Cao']
Square-Enix announced Dragon Quest Wars for DSiWare.[/QUOTE]

Please please please please please PLEASE

make me a wifi enabled Dragon Quest Rocket Slime Tank Wars DSiware game PLEASE. Imma blow you nerds up with my awesome tank.

I liked the Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series so I'm percolated.

I'm ready for a new case for my DSi. Bought an 8-in-1 kit which had two sets of screen protectors (ruined the first one), a screen wipe, a few styli (I'm drowning in these things) and a plastic case. This case isn't gonna do shit if I drop it, except break and then I can open the system all the way up again. Could definitely go for a soft/hard silicon case.

Ok, downloading my first DSiWare game now...and...the DSi took up where the Wii left off before the Wii Menu 4.0??
You really can't play games from the SD card? Really?

YaY it's up. I forget how cute the download animation is, and like that new software appears as a present the first time you see it.

Me happy!
Me happy!

I really hope we get Moving Memo sometime.
I really want to make gifs.

And yeah lilboo, can't play off SD card. :(

I know I'm going to love it.

I'm going to test something out with PictoBits when I get home. I hope it doesn't confirm my biggest fear of DSiWare. More on that later.

I usually hate cases for my handhelds, but I love this DSi one.
Nearly bought one, but I'm too much of a manly man. :oops:

2mre4uu.jpg

2a5xl78.jpg

[quote name='Strell']PiCTOBiTS is righteous. I might like it even more than AQUIA, which I have a chain of 70 on now.[/QUOTE]

70 chain on Aquia..RIGHT? :shock:

Just played a few levels of Pictobits... it's pretty damn good! And not because I'm lookign to play something.. like, it's actually enjoyable. Not very good at it..can't do a lot of chains :(..but, still.

[quote name='dallow']I know I'm going to love it.

I'm going to test something out with PictoBits when I get home. I hope it doesn't confirm my biggest fear of DSiWare. More on that later.

2mre4uu.jpg

2a5xl78.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: W.T.F.??????

Yeah, this game is maddening. I DID beat it, but I think by luck. I really can't figure out some/most patterns w/o having them stack up to the top in a matter of seconds ;(

[quote name='dallow']I know I'm going to love it.

*picture*[/QUOTE]

If that thing had magnetic strips or velcro, I would be all over it. The ribbon/bow pushes it over the edge.

[quote name='shlby']Anyone know how many levels picobits has? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

15 levels + Dark Mode, which are harder versions of the original 15.

Game is incredible. I love AQUIA but this one is much more polished and refined.

[quote name='Strell']Where'd that come from, dallow? Etsy?
[/QUOTE]Yup, Etsy.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']If that thing had magnetic strips or velcro, I would be all over it. The ribbon/bow pushes it over the edge.[/QUOTE]
She actually does make one with a little velcro button.

You can actually ask her to make you a custom one with any kind of pattern or fabric. They're only about $20 too.

I can PM you both her store link if you want.

Aye, Imma about to open an Etsy store with some things. Hopefully soon.

Wouldn't be hard to add your own velcro or magnetic closures anyway.

I had no idea you could use the POW in PictoBits........... should have read all of the tutorial first. So much easier now when I'm in a pinch.

bread's done
Back