3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

[quote name='Nohbdy']You forgot Qix. :V

Remember that Pokemon rumor flying around? Not only would they put out Red and Blue on DSi VC but they'd also have it connect to Pokemon Stadium on the Wii VC.

This is coming from the same NeoGAF guy who had those Pokemon HG/SS rumors awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty cool , but might be a bit of a stretch for nintendo.

I mean , to date Nintendo has not released any other VC games that able to interact with one another have they? Wasn't Sega saying something about if they released Sonic and Knuckles on the VC , that there would be no way to play Sonic 2 + Knuckes or the complete Sonic 3 since there is no way for VC games to read one other?

I got a DSi for my girlfriend as a birthday present, got jealous of hers, sold my DSL, and picked up a DSi of my own :lol:

Should I hoard my free points for something good down the line? Or should I just save myself the trouble and go for the Art Style games?

[quote name='pete5883']Are you thinking of Space World? There is no big Western convention after E3, and Nintendo used to skip TGS to have their own event. Now they just go to TGS, if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']E3 has always been little more than a proving ground for information to the press, but gamers whined so loudly about last year's conference that hopefully Nintendo will at least throw them a bigger bone.

Usually they hold a conference in Japan later in the year (September/October), but that's hardly a guaranteed happening. Space World USED to happen every year, but they put an end to it.

They don't skimp on E3 generally - it's just that they've started to treat it differently than MS/Sony. But again, the whining of gamers is probably altering this year's proceedings.[/QUOTE]
Ah. Thanks for clarifying guys, it's been bugging me for the past couple of days.

[quote name='dmunkee']I got a DSi for my girlfriend as a birthday present, got jealous of hers, sold my DSL, and picked up a DSi of my own :lol:

Should I hoard my free points for something good down the line? Or should I just save myself the trouble and go for the Art Style games?[/QUOTE]

Definitely get Pictobits. It's great. I can't comment on the other Art Style games as I don't have them.

Anyone with Mighty Flip Champs have any thoughts on the game? I might download it tonight, but I've got other stuff to play and I really ought to resist and wait for reviews....

Does the world really not know about Mighty Flip Champs? The GameFAQs board for it has only 8 posts on it, for chrissakes. I'm downloading it after I finish Rhythm Heaven.

Flip Champs is growing on me as it takes a bit to wrap your head around the flip mechanic.

I'm stuck on the 4th or 5th level. Cat one.
Also the girl's clothes are a little too revealing.

I'm stuck on that too, Dallow.
It's OK. I think this game is going to get TOO tough. The kind that's not enjoyable. :whistle2:k

If she looked 13, she wouldn't be borderline near having C-cups.

Also, rocket-propelled cat disagrees with you.

So now I need to make a choice... Might Flip Champs now or Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Minis March Again! next Monday? I don't have enough for both at the moment. Hmmm.

Yep, it was announced at their press conference! It looks awesome, and appears to not be a gimped DSiWare release! It's 800 points.

Upcoming:

Gameloft
Uno™- Summer 2009

Hudson
Sudoku Master - June 2009
Sudoku Student - June 2009

Interplay
Prehistorik Man - Summer 2009

Nintendo
Mario vs. Donkey Kong™: Minis March Again! - June 8, 2009
Flipnote Studio™ - Summer 2009
Crash-Course Domo™ - TBD
Hard-Hat Domo™ - TBD
Mario™ Calculator - TBD
Mario™ Clock - TBD
Pro-Putt Domo™ - TBD
Rock-n-Roll Domo™ - TBD
Six in One Translator (working title) - TBD
White-Water Domo™ - TBD

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/new-dsiware-revealed-prehistorik-man-six-in-one-translator/

MFC looks really low budget. No game options, uses NES font, with buttons that look straight out of Vizio or something. Fun, though.

The 9/10 review got me to buy MFC, but after getting to 1-5, I think it is, I'm thinking I shouldn't have. Yes it is a well done game, but are these puzzles actually fun? That level made me feel like it was just work. I'll give it another chance, but I can't, at the moment at least, agree with that review. Even if it does grow on me, a game that gives such a negative reaction for me so early on probably doesn't deserve such a high score.

ZOMG! MARIO CLOCK! I'm counting the SECONDS!!!! /sarcasm

Well I meant to buy MFC... but in a sleep deprived state, at 3 in the morning, I accidentally purchased the pop star game instead. No. I'm not sure how... I'd been flipping back and forth looking at games... I was tired....

Everyone do yourself a favor... don't do it. The musical selections may force me to kill myself with my stylus.

Friends don't let friends.... download sleepy?

So who has got the Mario v DK game? Or is it even available yet - I haven't checked. I want to hear the dirt on it before I think about shelling out...

I'm waiting for more reviews on MvDK. It sounds like there are a couple of new levels, the same level editor from MvDK2 with WFC trading and that's it.

I was hoping for less of a "MvDK Express" feel . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
But you can't control the mini-marios in this one which changes the gameplay.

You can also store 140 download levels, and there's 100+ singleplayer levels.

I think it's as you describe crunchewy. I never played the cart version however, so I'm going by what people are saying who got it.

However not being able to control the mini-Marios after you've started them up changes how you play it quite a bit.

I got it a little while ago and am enjoying it. Downloaded a few levels too.

A lil more info about mini mario:

"DSiWare sees the release of another Mario game - Although it's another puzzler. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! seems to be nothing more than a small expansion to the DS game Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, with only a few premade stages. The gameplay is still the same - Guide the Minis to the exit with the touch screen, helping them along the way at the right times. Accoridng to Nintendo, the "big feature" is that it still includes a level editor and you can still share levels online, but unless it's been greatly improved upon we don't really see the point - Just get the DS game! Minis March Again will run you 800 DSi Points."

That's pretty bad info.

Final word on it:

The single player levels are indeed new, aside from the boss levels.
And the gameplay mechanic is greatly changed due the fact you have no control of the Minis after you've started them up.

Counting boss stages, special levels, etc, there are 100 stages.
Plus Nintendo has their own section in the download screen for more in case you don't want to try the user-created content.

[quote name='dallow']That's pretty bad info.

Final word on it:

The single player levels are indeed new, aside from the boss levels.
And the gameplay mechanic is greatly changed due the fact you have no control of the Minis after you've started them up.

Counting boss stages, special levels, etc, there are 100 stages.
Plus Nintendo has their own section in the download screen for more in case you don't want to try the user-created content.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was true for the cart game as well . . . :whistle2:k

Everything else sounds good though. I'll probably pick it up later this week.

I've read in the cart game you could touch them to speed them up, jump, stop, etc.
In this one you can't do anything with them and just have to use the level.

Fun game, when I'm finished with it I'll probably pick up the cart game later for more.

If the DSiWare version of MvDK doesn't simply have levels from the cart, then I'll have to get it, but I'm going to hold off for a bit as I don't have enough points and I don't want to load 2000 more onto my DSi without any other games I want right now there.

Also, on a somewhat off-topic note, I just tried the demo of ":Shift:" (not to be confused with "Shift"!) on my iPod touch and I have to say that :Shift: seems like a *way* more fun game then Mighty Flip Champs. That the full version is only 99 cents doesn't hurt. There is action in the game in that you can jump and there are even levels where things like a ceiling of spikes moves down the screen forcing you to act quickly, etc. MFC is too bare bones in that regard. Mind you, I haven't purchased the game yet, but certainly it gives a much better first impression then MFC. And while it adds action, it's flipping aspect is much simpler, which I think is a good thing: it just flips the screen you are on, and back. No flipping between 2, 3, 4 or more, different screens, which might sound like a good idea on paper, but in practice I think is just a chore. The puzzles are challenging, but at least so far in the demo, enjoyable. Definitely worth checking out at least the demo if you have an iPod Touch or iPhone. I wouldn't be shocked if we end up seeing :Shift: as DSiWare at some point as it is apparently already a port to the iPhone, but it probably won't cost 100 points.

[quote name='dallow']I would like that too.
Or maybe it's sequel, bit.trip.core I think.[/QUOTE]

with the sequel being 3d, I just don't know how well it would control on the DS. But the first game seems like it would definitively be more at home on the DS rather than the Wii.

But then again, I really want to play it but I don't own a Wii

[quote name='pete5883']So is this OP never getting updated again?[/QUOTE]

Only when something good comes out... Although I would argue Mario vs DK is good.

Indeed.

Mario™ Calculator
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: N/A
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Mario and Luigi™ take a break from their normal adventures to dedicate their heroic talents to working with numbers. Mario Calculator features the full functionality of a traditional calculator, including a Memory key and the ability to display up to 13 digits, and adds a layer of atmosphere reminiscent of the original Super Mario Bros.™ Use the Unit Converter to turn one unit of measure into another (such as length, weight, volume, age and others), or track the history of calculations you've performed with ease. Listen to the Mario-related sounds and watch the coins fly as calculations are performed. Now, back to adding up those high scores...

Mario™ Clock
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Turn back time and enjoy a bit of classic game play based on the original Super Mario Bros. with Mario Clock. Help Mario and Luigi collect more coins than ever (POW block anyone?) while they run through a variety of stages. Gather enough coins and you'll be treated to another scene bound to bring back fond memories for many. Mario Clock includes both analog and digital clocks that use the system's internal clock or allow you to offset the time however you like. Program up to three alarms (with snooze functionality for those that need it) and assign them a Mario-related sound or use one created in the Nintendo DSi™ Sound application. You'll find yourself thinking "Just a few more coins..." in no time!

I'm actually thinking about getting the calculator.

I wouldn't mind spending money on a scientific one for around, say, 500 points though.

bread's done
Back