$9.99 PSN Flash Sale (NA PS3/Vita) going live - Tales of Graces f, P4Arena, Sly Collection, GoW Collection & More

cobaltD

CAGiversary!
Mod edit: PSN Flash sale is going live here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/22/flash-sale-more-than-20-games-10-each/

Sale ends on Monday, August 25 at 8:00am Pacific.

Title Platform Sale Price Original Price
BioShock Infinite PS3 $9.99 $39.99
BioShock 2: Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Darksiders II PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
DmC Devil May Cry PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires PS3 $9.99 $49.99
God of War: Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
God of War: Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Lost Planet 3 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Metro: Last Light PS3 $9.99 $49.99
MX vs ATV: Alive Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Persona 4 Arena PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Prototype 2 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Resident Evil Revelations PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Starhawk Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $49.99
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $39.99
Tales of Graces f PS3 $9.99 $34.99
The Sly Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
The Sly Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs PS3 $9.99 $29.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3 $9.99 $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Might get graces F even though I didn't like it all that much. 10 bucks though is the cheapest ive ever seen it and probably will see it in the future.

Where can I get GoW, Sly cooper and Epic Mickey physicals on Vita for $10?

I'll be buying all 3. These will work well with my PS TV when it arrives in a few months
Looks like someone doesn't know what the word "most" means... :wall:

Wow, buying a game you already finished and didn't like just because it's cheap. That's a great idea...
I would argue against you if this were a physical copy, but since it's digital, buying it makes no sense. Drinking the CAGoolaid too hard when you're buying things only because they're cheap.

Story of my life. I thought a 500GB HDD on my PS3 and a 64GB memory card on my PS Vita would be enough. But with every game added to the IGC, and with every great PSN sale, my PS3 and PS Vita's memory gets quickly devoured as if it was at a raptor buffet. If this trend of high storage files continues, we'll probably be looking at needing 4TB HDDs for our PS4s.
Have had a 1TB in my PS3 for almost two years now. Haven't ran out of space yet and I have nearly all the PS+ titles plus all the crap I bought digitally. Just upgraded the storage in my PS4 & Vita too. The 64gb card is already full. :(

As for the PS4, I put a 2TB and have about 1.4tb left as of right now. (trying to go 100% digital)

EDIT: I see everyone talking about tales. Is it worth it to someone who rarely plays JRPG's? I used to be huge into them back when I was a teenager but as I've gotten older i've noticed a lot of JRPG's just bug me with terrible stories and bad dialogue.

I did however sink about 30 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles and beat the AMAZING Ni no Kuni but other than those two I haven't played a JRPG since FF-X on PS2.

Can I get physical games if I order from the PS3 store with a blank disc in the drive? Will it give me the option to just burn it to the disc, or do I have to download it?

Man worst part was buying the Sly Collection for PS3 ($12) and still sitting there, but the vita version is screaming my name. Granted we did get GOW Vita Collection for *free*...must resist

The Sly Collection Vita is a definite must buy, not sure about Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two the gameplay videos look good.

Have had a 1TB in my PS3 for almost two years now. Haven't ran out of space yet and I have nearly all the PS+ titles plus all the crap I bought digitally. Just upgraded the storage in my PS4 & Vita too. The 64gb card is already full. :(

As for the PS4, I put a 2TB and have about 1.4tb left as of right now. (trying to go 100% digital)

EDIT: I see everyone talking about tales. Is it worth it to someone who rarely plays JRPG's? I used to be huge into them back when I was a teenager but as I've gotten older i've noticed a lot of JRPG's just bug me with terrible stories and bad dialogue.

I did however sink about 30 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles and beat the AMAZING Ni no Kuni but other than those two I haven't played a JRPG since FF-X on PS2.
I am currently playing Tales if Grace and while it is not nearly as good as Ni No Kuni, it is a solid JRPG. The battle system is a lot of fun. The voice acting/dialogue are pretty decent.

Maybe you could watch a youtube video to see if it interests you?

You're being trolled, unfortunately. Those guys are out of control yet again.
photo-thumb-485751.jpg

The Sly Collection Vita is a definite must buy, not sure about Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two the gameplay videos look good.
Epic Mickey 2 for Vita is a decent game. Paint controls can occasionally suck but I played through fine. Trophies are pretty hard and would require a kind of completionist playthrough of a couple dozen hours. As with most sequels, if you enjoyed the first one it's mostly more of the same. If you didn't, they didn't change much.

Thanks OP. Would've got RE revelations at that price, but I brought it a few months ago. Oh well, back to the massive backlog.

Keep in mind that Starhawk does have a online pass
I did not know that, thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I'm better off going with the sale since it's the Ultimate Edition, which would include the online pass (since it's new obviously, lol) and all the DLC.

I've been curious about the Dynasty Warriors "Empires" spin-offs for a while.  Doesn't look like 7 Empires had a retail release in the US.  $10 doesn't sound too bad to check it out. 

I did not know that, thanks for the heads-up! Looks like I'm better off going with the sale since it's the Ultimate Edition, which would include the online pass (since it's new obviously, lol) and all the DLC.
Some used Sony games such as Starhawk used to print an online code with the receipt due to some agreement Sony and Gamestop had, apparently. I don't know if they are still doing this, but I got Starhawk and a few other PS3 and Vita games with online codes at no extra charge a few months ago. I believe I paid less than $10 for the game and the online code would have been $10 by itself.

Be warned, the Sly Collection is an enormous download 20.7gb on PS3, 3.3gb on Vita).
"Hi, and thanks for buying Sony. Compression is for sissies, have fun juggling our enormous games on this embarrassingly small hard drive."

I know I can replace my hard drive, but my point remains valid, lol.

Sly Collection on Vita is three separate downloads. About 1.3Gb for Sly 1, about 2Gb for Sly 2, and 2.8Gb for Sly 3.

GoW Collection for Vita is a single download. You can't get just one game to save space.

Look at GoW Collection, it weighs in at 15.5Gb on the Vita!
Holy shit, that is ridiculous. My 64GB card is already full and I was wondering how I was going juggle games around just to get Sly to fit? I may have to buy GOW now at this price and then buy another 64GB card later.

I'm probably in for Lost Planet 3. I missed out on the gamefly sale a few weeks back and a friend of mine said it was a pretty good game overall. Anyone have any opinions on it?
I loved Lost Planet 3 and have absolutely no idea why critics mostly didn't. Easily the best game in that series and one of the better main characters I've played as in recent years. Excellent storytelling and cast overall, really.

Holy shit, that is ridiculous. My 64GB card is already full and I was wondering how I was going juggle games around just to get Sly to fit? I may have to buy GOW now at this price and then buy another 64GB card later.
Looks like that includes the PS3 AND the Vita versions, Vita looks to be 3+ Gb - that's MUCH better.

I loved Lost Planet 3 and have absolutely no idea why critics mostly didn't. Easily the best game in that series and one of the better main characters I've played as in recent years. Excellent storytelling and cast overall, really.
fuck yeah, I'd fuck Jim. Hopefully they put that in Lost Planet 4.

Not sure why the original report for this sale had other games like Payday 2 on it, but I replaced the list from the PS Blog

bread's done
Back