$9.99 PSN Flash Sale (NA PS3/Vita) going live - Tales of Graces f, P4Arena, Sly Collection, GoW Collection & More

cobaltD

CAGiversary!
Mod edit: PSN Flash sale is going live here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/22/flash-sale-more-than-20-games-10-each/

Sale ends on Monday, August 25 at 8:00am Pacific.

Title Platform Sale Price Original Price
BioShock Infinite PS3 $9.99 $39.99
BioShock 2: Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Darksiders II PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
DmC Devil May Cry PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires PS3 $9.99 $49.99
God of War: Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
God of War: Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Lost Planet 3 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Metro: Last Light PS3 $9.99 $49.99
MX vs ATV: Alive Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Persona 4 Arena PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Prototype 2 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Resident Evil Revelations PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Starhawk Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $49.99
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $39.99
Tales of Graces f PS3 $9.99 $34.99
The Sly Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
The Sly Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs PS3 $9.99 $29.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3 $9.99 $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question regarding the "Collection" games on sale

If I buy the PS3 versions of GoW and Sly, will they unlock the Vita versions?

Looks like that includes the PS3 AND the Vita versions, Vita looks to be 3+ Gb - that's MUCH better.
God of War PS3 - 6 GB
God of War II PS3 - 6.7 GB
God of War Collection Vita - 3.2 GB

Quick question regarding the "Collection" games on sale

If I buy the PS3 versions of GoW and Sly, will they unlock the Vita versions?
God of War is Cross Buy, but Sly is not.

I can confirm the sly cooper collection is cross buy, I bought the vita version and have both the PS3 and Vita version in my download list.  Also bought Tales of Graces, haven't played a single Tales game but I might as well collect em for when I am old and have infinite amounts of free gaming time.

I love hoarding digital games

I can confirm the sly cooper collection is cross buy, I bought the vita version and have both the PS3 and Vita version in my download list. Also bought Tales of Graces, haven't played a single Tales game but I might as well collect em for when I am old and have infinite amounts of free gaming time.

I love hoarding digital games
I bought the Vita version, but I only see that version in my download list... :whistle2:k

EDIT: Are you talking about how it says "Playable On: PS3 PS Vita"? The title for each game has "PS Vita" in the title, and when you click to go to each game's page, it just says "Playable On: PS Vita". I think that "PS3" listing is a typo, as the Sly Collection hasn't been cross-buy since release.

I can confirm the sly cooper collection is cross buy, I bought the vita version and have both the PS3 and Vita version in my download list.
can you recheck and make sure that you can actually download the ps3 versions? also keep in mind that sly 1 ps3 was a free ps+ game so you have to check sly 2 and sly 3 ps3 instead. thanks.

He probably got it free or purchased it before and just forgotten about it.  Sly Cooper Collection Vita is not cross-buy.

He probably got it free or purchased it before and just forgotten about it. Sly Cooper Collection Vita is not cross-buy.
He's seeing a download option for PS3 because you can download Vita games to the PS3 to transfer over. If he got the PS3 version with the Vita version, he'd have a number of entries for each game on his download list right next to each other and not just one for both. Cross Buy games don't work that way.

You are right its only the Vita version which I can send to my PS3 but not the actual PS3 versions, even though the stupid thing says playable on PS3.  It also won't let me buy the PS3 version, don't really care but man the PSN web storefront is terrible.

g8KmGOI.jpg

I'm so mad these "collections" have such huge dl sizes. Who would think that 3 games would take up more space than any single game. Such hell.

Notice how every game has Vita at the end of the title? They're the Vita versions only.

It's a dumb way that they phrase that "Playable On" part because I think that originated with the PS1 and Minis titles that could be downloaded to PS3 and PSP since it was just one file that could play on either. It really means "Downloadable On" with the way that Cross Buy titles add two unique versions of the game to your download list, one for PS3 and one for Vita, and Vita titles show both since you can download it to the PS3 to transfer over to Vita.

You can't purchase the PS3 bundle because you own the first game via PS+ and Sony's system automatically tries to keep you from buying something you own multiple times, so you'd have to call Sony to remove it from your download list so you could buy the bundle.

Am I able to switch my account info to a state that has tax-free purchases so I don't get taxed?
It may be possible, but there are two things standing in your way:

1) State info could be pulled from your device's IP address

2) You have to confirm your billing zip code for whatever credit card tied to your account.

Well, Sly is 3 separate games, so 2 GB a piece seems reasonable enough. The really lame thing is that the physical version, trying to squeeze things onto a 4GB vita game card and all, actually only put 1 & 2 on the card and includes a download voucher for 3.
Thanks. Decided to bite. Having the games as individual downloads helps with the memory management since I'll be tackling the games one at a time anyways.

Would love to have the Ratchet collection on Vita, would bite on that instantly if it ever drops on sale to $10.

Graces for $10 is a good price, but Symphonia, Vesperia, Abyss and Xillia are all better. If you have experiences with those games, don't expect Graces to to be as good as them.
Both Vesperia and Xillia are poop. Playing Xillia 2 right now, just started and hoping it's far better than the crappy first game. I think Graces F is better than Abyss, but to me Abyss has the best ending to any Tales game.

Anyhow, Graces F is probably the funnest game I have experienced on PS3, with the PS3's lack of quality JRPGs. Now, I said "funnest", not the best. The best games on PS3 would have to go to the Souls series.

Both Vesperia and Xillia are poop. Playing Xillia 2 right now, just started and hoping it's far better than the crappy first game. I think Graces F is better than Abyss, but to me Abyss has the best ending to any Tales game.

Anyhow, Graces F is probably the funnest game I have experienced on PS3, with the PS3's lack of quality JRPGs. Now, I said "funnest", not the best. The best games on PS3 would have to go to the Souls series.
I hope you're right. I bought Graces F despite my reservations because I didn't like Vesperia at all, and that's considered to be the best by many Tales fans. I generally find the stories in the Tales games subpar and only really enjoy the combat system.

I hope you're right. I bought Graces F despite my reservations because I didn't like Vesperia at all, and that's considered to be the best by many Tales fans. I generally find the stories in the Tales games subpar and only really enjoy the combat system.
I was the opposite, loved Vesperia and Abyss but was not wild about Graces. If you are looking for a story and characters then Graces definitely has the worst of the three imo.

Oh trust me you will like Graces. Vesperia, Abyss, and Symphonia have the most generic battle system. Enjoy graces and its lovely CC system that has been used since Tales of Destiny Remake back on the ps2. You can't really complain spending 10 dollars for an over 60 hour game lol

bread's done
Back