$9.99 PSN Flash Sale (NA PS3/Vita) going live - Tales of Graces f, P4Arena, Sly Collection, GoW Collection & More

cobaltD

CAGiversary!
Mod edit: PSN Flash sale is going live here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/22/flash-sale-more-than-20-games-10-each/

Sale ends on Monday, August 25 at 8:00am Pacific.

Title Platform Sale Price Original Price
BioShock Infinite PS3 $9.99 $39.99
BioShock 2: Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Darksiders II PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
DmC Devil May Cry PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires PS3 $9.99 $49.99
God of War: Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
God of War: Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Lost Planet 3 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Metro: Last Light PS3 $9.99 $49.99
MX vs ATV: Alive Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Persona 4 Arena PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Prototype 2 PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Resident Evil Revelations PS3 $9.99 $39.99
Starhawk Ultimate Edition PS3 $9.99 $49.99
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $39.99
Tales of Graces f PS3 $9.99 $34.99
The Sly Collection PS Vita PS Vita $9.99 $29.99
The Sly Collection PS3 $9.99 $29.99
Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs PS3 $9.99 $29.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3 $9.99 $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't SF X Tekken on sale for the PS3? Lame. They had the Vita version free on Plus, but not the PS3 version here in NA and now this.

Hot garbage on PS3, too. Bottom line is that GoW looks and feels older than Sly regardless of the platform it's on. The Vita port is fine.
How? They were good ports that look and play amazing. The games feel fine

I bit on Starhawk, on the fence about Lost Planet 3.  I think I'll wait for LP3 to be cheap during a gamefly sale or something.

I'm looking forward to that PAX sale.  I've been waiting for strike Suit Zero to go on sale, since I'm pretty sure I'll like it, but don't want to spend $20 on "pretty sure."

Edit: *facepalm* I could have spent roughly the same amount of cash and preserved 12GB on my drive :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Starhawk-Playstation-3/dp/B005185SDA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1408795467&sr=1-1&keywords=starhawk+ultimate+edition

revelations has never been cheaper, right?
Physically, yes. Target put it on clearance a couple of months ago and it got as low as $5.99, which is when I picked it up.

I bit on Starhawk, on the fence about Lost Planet 3. I think I'll wait for LP3 to be cheap during a gamefly sale or something.

I'm looking forward to that PAX sale. I've been waiting for strike Suit Zero to go on sale, since I'm pretty sure I'll like it, but don't want to spend $20 on "pretty sure."

Edit: *facepalm* I could have spent roughly the same amount of cash and preserved 12GB on my drive :lol:

http://www.amazon.co...ltimate edition
Yeah, it's $9.99 used at Gamestop.

A lot of these deals are pretty bad, actually, unless you just have to have a digital version of the game. Tales of Graces f seems like a great deal, but I'm not willing to sink the time into it. Bioshock Infinite, DmC, and Metro: Last Light are still on my HD from being free with PS+.

Hot garbage on PS3, too. Bottom line is that GoW looks and feels older than Sly regardless of the platform it's on. The Vita port is fine.
I disagree with that. It ran smooth on PS3, there is nothing "wrong" with the PS3 version. Actually it was quite enjoyable to play. I think the Vita version of some of these ports sometimes have issues with "performance", but in case of God of War Collection the PS3 version is perfectly smooth 60fps.

A couple of legimiate criticisms I've seen - while the gameplay was a notable improvement to HD - the cutscenes in the GoW collection were NOT re-rendered, they were all presented in SD and this ends up looking terrible (but no more terrible than if you were running the PS2 version on HDTV). The other criticism is that the game was never really designed for 16:9 displays, so in order to run it native 720p - the viewpoint is changed (essentially cropping top and bottom of the image to make it 16:9 instead of 4:3... I can see how this might annoy "purists" to be losing information). Almost every HD collection seems to deal with these issues though....

Downloaded Sly Cooper Collection Vita. Been needing a reason to break out the 8gb Black Friday memory card.

So I when I first saw this, I was going to grab Sly collection for Vita. Now I just can't pull the trigger on it. Bugging me so much. I want it but now that it's in the cart. It seems too much haha.

Both Vesperia and Xillia are poop. Playing Xillia 2 right now, just started and hoping it's far better than the crappy first game. I think Graces F is better than Abyss, but to me Abyss has the best ending to any Tales game.

Anyhow, Graces F is probably the funnest game I have experienced on PS3, with the PS3's lack of quality JRPGs. Now, I said "funnest", not the best. The best games on PS3 would have to go to the Souls series.
I beg to differ. Vesperia and Xillia are two very top quality games.

I beg to differ. Vesperia and Xillia are two very top quality games.
Eh, I've met people who said Super Mario RPG was total crap, and that Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was their favorite RPG ever (not kidding). It's all opinions, even if they are deluded (not yours).

Eh, I've met people who said Super Mario RPG was total crap, and that Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was their favorite RPG ever (not kidding). It's all opinions, even if they are deluded (not yours).
There's always some crazy person out there. Mystic Quest does have a great soundtrack, though.

As for this sale, I'm considering Graces and selling my physical copy, but maybe it'll be $5 or 7.50 later this year. Also, I might finally open my copy of Starhawk since there will probably be a bigger online community.

Last edited:
The Sly Collection Vita is a definite must buy, not sure about Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two the gameplay videos look good.
I just bought both of them for my Vita.

Sly Collection (Vita) because they're great games, and it compliments Sly 4 which I already own.

Epic Mickey 2 (Vita) I got because its digital-only (no cartridge version was made) and Disney never seems to put things on sale twice. Looks like they put a lot of effort into the overall art design and Vita mechanics, despite some reports of variable framerate. I figure if you have any interest in this game, this is likely the cheapest it will get on Vita.

Is PSN down right now? It's 12:26 EST and I can't get the store on my Vita.
PSN Currently Down Across All Platforms (Update)

It seems that PlayStation Network, Sony’s service for online games across all PS platforms, is down once again. It’s not the first time the service is not working properly in the past few days, after several rumors stated that PSN was DDoSed.

Allegedly, a group entitled LizardSquad has taken full responsibility for the DDOS attack from today.

I would like to point out that only Symphonia has been $7.50 of all of the tales games, and it started at $40, not $60

I wish they had trophies for hacking the hackers.  That could be fun but I don't do anything without a trophy these days.

I would like to point out that only Symphonia has been $7.50 of all of the tales games, and it started at $40, not $60
Xilla was $10 a few months after release. Graces f hasn't seen a discount since it hit PSN, though. While not my favorite Tales title, if you can ignore its plot and character shortcomings, it's an exceptional entry as far as gameplay and content goes.

I was able to buy Sly Collection on Vita right now with almost no issue.  Store loaded a little slowly but I was able to pay and checkout fine.  Sly 1 is downloading slowly at the moment. 

Just FYI

Graces f has been on sale 3 times before this, actually (I think usually about $15).  I know, because I bought it the last time it was on sale.  (I only can recall how many times it's been on sale because I was kicking myself for buying the physical one every time it was on sale.)  You were right about xillia, though, I had forgotten that I had gotten it for that cheap (hated that I had bought it physically first, though

Graces f has been on sale 3 times before this, actually (I think usually about $15). I know, because I bought it the last time it was on sale. (I only can recall how many times it's been on sale because I was kicking myself for buying the physical one every time it was on sale.) You were right about xillia, though, I had forgotten that I had gotten it for that cheap (hated that I had bought it physically first, though
Woops, definitely missed those sales altogether (which is strange, I follow these sales pretty closely). But yeah, Graces f has been hard to fall since its physical release anyway; I remember I dropped the full $60 a few months following release and it only got down to $30-40 even after a year or so. Xillia was when NB started playing loose with their prices, $20 on black Friday and whatnot.

For some reason, I keep buying Tales games at release though...

I wanted to get a couple things this afternoon, but with the store having trouble, it's been a no go.  I wonder if the sale will be extended a day or two.

I know, I really want to support bamco, but games getting 50-75% price drop on PSN sale 3-6 months in (TOS chronicles had only been out for two months when it went on sale), puts a cooler on that idea, though.

I bit on Starhawk, on the fence about Lost Planet 3. I think I'll wait for LP3 to be cheap during a gamefly sale or something.

I'm looking forward to that PAX sale. I've been waiting for strike Suit Zero to go on sale, since I'm pretty sure I'll like it, but don't want to spend $20 on "pretty sure."

http://www.amazon.com/Starhawk-Playstation-3/dp/B005185SDA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1408795467&sr=1-1&keywords=starhawk+ultimate+edition
Did you factor in the DLC you get with Starhawk: Ultimate Edition? The link you provided is just regular Starhawk.

Did you factor in the DLC you get with Starhawk: Ultimate Edition? The link you provided is just regular Starhawk.
The link originally pointed to "ultimate edition." Something must've changed since then, but yes I factored in the DLC :)

Edit: Perhaps I wasn't paying attention, I could've sworn it said "Ultimate edition" on amazon. Either what I originally linked got de-listed, or I just wasn't paying attention because it was Friday :lol:

bread's done
Back