Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

Hey thanks OP!  Ordered 2 of them so I can setup the statues to do terrible things to each other or to the picture of my wife I have at my desk at work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm Elite Plus, and I'm attempting to price match it. If they don't do it, then I won't bitch about it. I already have the game on PC for ~$2. Just want the extras.

Edit: They wanted to charge me $17.99 for the game since that was the in-store price within 25 miles from it. Oh well.

Found one that is only a slight detour after work. At this price I'm down for the statue, especially knowing I can just trade the game in for $8 to Best Buy.

I'm Elite Plus, and I'm attempting to price match it. If they don't do it, then I won't bitch about it. I already have the game on PC for ~$2. Just want the extras.

Edit: They wanted to charge me $17.99 for the game since that was the in-store price within 25 miles from it. Oh well.
I didn't think about trying to call and PM... might actually have to do that.

Decided to bite, made worse decisions before haha. Spent 30 bucks on the Ninja Gaiden III Collector's edition that eventually dropped to 20. Starting to make a decent collection now.

why are you guys complaining about shipping? Just throw some garbage in your cart to get it to $25 then return the extra stuff. I do it all the time. Usually throw in PS+ games i want the manual for and gank it if it comes with one
I'm ordering a used copy of Madden 13 which I will return to the store. I don't play Madden games anymore since they're mediocre at best.

I can't get free shipping over $25 for some reason. Added a crap load of stuff just to make sure and nothing works. Is there a coupon code I need to enter in addition? Or does it apply after you select value at $3.50?

Edit: nvm, have to use SAVER

Damn, rejected.  Store pickup failed so I guess that means that, even though the website says they are in stock, they aren't?

Oh well, if I go to Gamestop I can get them to place the order for me without shipping right?  If these aren't sold out when I get back from work that may be the way to go if I am remembering their policy correctly....

Damn, rejected. Store pickup failed so I guess that means that, even though the website says they are in stock, they aren't?

Oh well, if I go to Gamestop I can get them to place the order for me without shipping right? If these aren't sold out when I get back from work that may be the way to go if I am remembering their policy correctly....
The employee kept it for himself or somebody got to the store when it opened and purchased it.

One available near me, but I'll pass. Can't imagine what I'd ever do with that statue and a crappy game. I attempted to play it once - that was enough. No BB near me (hour away) to trade it in, so I guess I'll leave for some other suc...I mean "fortunate" gamer to discover.

Guess I'm not gonna get it. SAVER isn't working well for me. Doesn't work when I add digital codes to my cart and didn't want to work on a Wii Fit U meter with this. Would have bought, but now I'm not gonna.

Just got my pick up notification. The closest store for a :360: version is 20 miles away. Should make for a nice trip on my lunch break. Been waiting for this to drop even lower than the $20, glad it did, and glad I am able to get one. I think I am officially done with last gen CE's based on what is still on shelves at stores (only ones I still see that I don't have/want/need are Metal Gear Revegeance and Splinter Cell Big-Freaking-Box)

Only the first is possible. Store pickup items are held before the store opens.
That really sucks, but I guess that's the only perk to speak of when you are playing cashier at Gamestop so I can't really hold a grudge. Any ideas on whether I can go to the store and have them order me a copy from the website? I've never tried it myself but I've heard that they may do that? There's a store literally right next door to me, and if I can get around paying shipping by doing that it'd be very convienent. Otherwise, I don't think this statue is worth the price, even after the trade-in to Best Buy.

One available near me, but I'll pass. Can't imagine what I'd ever do with that statue and a crappy game. I attempted to play it once - that was enough. No BB near me (hour away) to trade it in, so I guess I'll leave for some other suc...I mean "fortunate" gamer to discover.
....the same thing you do with any other statue? Display it on a desk or shelf. Yeah, it's a really cheap and crappy statue, but if you want a good quality piece you are gonna be paying a lot more than $10 no matter where you go.

As for the game..... coaster? Frisbee? Or just light it on fire and leave it on your enemies doorstep.

Last edited:
I ordered one for shipping. Glad I kept passing on the 8.99 gamefly deal. At least for 10 bucks I got a random statue.

Plus, I'm curious if the game actually is that bad....

A local gamestop supposedly had one, but when I did the pick up request, I got an email saying it wasn't available. I knew my best buy had one so I went there and pm'd. Thanks op!

Just an FYI, my gamestop was sold out of these so she offered to order me one and have it shipped FREE to my house. So I ordered the ps3 version and should arrive in 5-10 days :) thanks OP!

Well the one store that had it around here the statue was broken and the box water damaged.  So they did the web to home thing or whatever it's called and ordered one off the website for me with free shipping.  So there's that option if no stores near you have one and you don't mind driving to one but won't pay for shipping.

On the plus side I grabbed FF 4 Heroes of Light and Aliens Infestation.  Oh backlog.

Just an FYI, my gamestop was sold out of these so she offered to order me one and have it shipped FREE to my house. So I ordered the ps3 version and should arrive in 5-10 days :) thanks OP!
YES! This is exactly what I want, shipped either directly to the GS next door or to my living quarters free of charge. I'm gonna swing by and give this a try after work, so wish me luck ;)

Haven't gotten a pick up notice since I requested a hold 6 hours ago, I don't care enough to look into it. Good luck to everyone else though.

tempted to pick this up, trade the game to BB and keep the statue but a) I have no place to put it (I'm already out of real estate with CE stuff) and b) $15 after shipping doesnt seem as good, even if I manage to make it to a BB this weekend to trade it in.  Closest store to me that has it is 35 minutes away so not worth the hour+ round trip.

Just a question in general regarding CE's. Why are you guys buying them at any price if you aren't even interested in the game or the CE contents? Besides the realistate they take at your home, aren't they an eye sore as well if you don't care for them? Just curious to know.

PC game wasn't actually that bad after numerous patches. Can't speak for the console version but I'd assume they received the same patches.

I need a good filler item to get free shipping.
How much do you need to spend so you can get free shipping?
I went to Gamestop this morning but they only had the xbox 360 version...I ended up buying it. The gamestop employee (manager?) said "arg I was gonna buy that" lol cool dude nonetheless

Just a question in general regarding CE's. Why are you guys buying them at any price if you aren't even interested in the game or the CE contents? Besides the realistate they take at your home, aren't they an eye sore as well if you don't care for them? Just curious to know.

... ..Witch! Witch!!!

The CAG in me says $9.99 CE! Buy it, BUY IT!!!  But everything else in me says you have more fun turning the $10 bucks into pennies and roll around in them.  

bread's done
Back