Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

So I'm guessing I just wasted Power Up rewards points buying a $5 coupon because I don't see anywhere a Online code.Are those coupons for In store only?

Called BestBuy and I got this PMed.  Took about 15 minutes over the phone, the lady called a local Gamestop to make sure it was still in stock, they only PM if its available nearby. 

Make sure to check local availability at your local Gamestops online and have the numbers ready, this will really speed up the process seeing how BestBuy CS reps or still on 56k speeds.

It also qualified for free shipping because the original price is over $25.

Pics or it didn't happen

353cakg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
(Don't know if it's already been posted as I don't have time to read 8 pages right now)

FYI - there are two codes you can dl which will expire 02/12/14.

1st dl - sonic electronic ball breakers and the phased plasma rifle to confront hordes of enemies in competitive mp. the uscm academy firing range level to hone your skills before going into battle.

2nd dl - playable iconic characters from the original aliens film - Private Hudson, Corp Hicks, Priv Drake and Sergeant Apone. Addtl customization for your marines in competitive mp. Ripley's flamethrower.

Use saver return the other 15 dollar item you bought, better yet buy the injustice battle ed. still 60. I have a 15% off coup from renewing for that one (return and rebuy instore).

Was contemplating this but after watching a couple unboxing videos I'm not that impressed with the figure/statue. It's fairly small. Some of you seem to be creaming your pants over it. Lol

Wow this game's legacy must go way beyond just being bad. Normally when a game goes cheap like this and has coop me and my coop buddies are all over it. I couldn't convince a single one of them to buy it.

Ended up getting it myself, will probably get some randoms to play coop with when it shows up.

Wow this game's legacy must go way beyond just being bad. Normally when a game goes cheap like this and has coop me and my coop buddies are all over it. I couldn't convince a single one of them to buy it.

Ended up getting it myself, will probably get some randoms to play coop with when it shows up.
this is a quick cash grab attempt by sega , and gearbox. whoever bought this for $99.99, you have my condolences.

Anyone know how many hours to beat the game?

We know the game is bad, but it cant be that bad correct? What would you consider the worst game for xbox/ ps3?

The circle jerking about this being the worst game ever isn't really warranted. No it's not great, but for the game and some nifty Aliens stuff, $10 seems easily worth it to me. Game snobs the coaster joke's been made more than a few times.

Campaign is 6-7 hours
FWIW The multiplayer isn't totally dead and is pretty fun.

Anyone know how many hours to beat the game?

We know the game is bad, but it cant be that bad correct? What would you consider the worst game for xbox/ ps3?
I never played Ride to Hell Retribution, but from the reviews, it may be the worst game for xbox/ps3. The worst game I played was Iron Man on ps3. So compare to those two games, Alien may be not too bad.

The circle jerking about this being the worst game ever isn't really warranted. No it's not great, but for the game and some nifty Aliens stuff, $10 seems easily worth it to me. Game snobs the coaster joke's been made more than a few times.

Campaign is 6-7 hours
FWIW The multiplayer isn't totally dead and is pretty fun.
this. the game is bad sure....but this is seriously not even close to the worst game ever.

this. the game is bad sure....but this is seriously not even close to the worst game ever.
I assume most people don't play bad games. So when this game that was over hyped came out and people played it, it became their worst game. And for good reason, the game is trash. Doesn't even deserve a rating, just a no don't play it.

I've never seen one of those coupons. I wouldn't buy those new games at those prices either though..
There`s been 2 sets of coupons which have been the main topic of the ongoing BB threads for close to 3 months
$120 for new members ($600 to break even)
$30 for existing or recently expired members($150 to break even)
$60 randomly sent coupons($300 to break even)
The coupons are being sold for $20-$30 & others have gotten free coupons via phone request so really the $120 is a non issue at this point. At $30 you only need 1 $150 CE & you`re even two & you that`s the $60 threshold. If the 20% off saves you a paltry $5 per month you`re even at $120. Plus, have you seen what GCU can do to a b2g1 sale, 18 games + $10 base rz pts credit for $336 that`s an instant game collection/backlog. That`s under $20 per game even with 7% tax.
($96)$60 = $32 each + 192 RZ pts
($80)$50 = $26.67 each + 160 RZ pts
($64)$40 = $21.33 + 128 RZ pts
($48)$30 = $16 each + 96 RZ pts
($32)$20 = $10.66 each + 64 RZ pts
($16)$10 = $5.33 each + 32 RZ pts

On topic,
the game`s not that bad I played thru the PS3 version couch co-op me & my friend had a blast. Haven`t pull DNF from the backlog it was cheaper & no CE but people were buying them up more than this.

Was contemplating this but after watching a couple unboxing videos I'm not that impressed with the figure/statue. It's fairly small. Some of you seem to be creaming your pants over it. Lol
For $10 for the whole package....the statue definitely at the very least makes a cool bookend on a shelf. It's probably 7 inches high. It's not bad...

...again...it's $10. If you like the Alien universe, it's cool.

just bought from best buy, anyone have luck with a return or price match from them?
Yeah I did ship to store when they dropped the price to 26 and Im going to pick it up today. When I do Im going to tell them lamestop has it for 10. Im not sure how it will work but they should price match it one way or another. Unless I get one of those people that says "Its below our cost I cant PM it" in which case Ill order it from lamestop.

Thanks OP for sharing, and big thanks to all the people mentioning BB price match. Would never have thought of that (still a CAG noob of sorts) and it worked perfectly over the phone. Free shipping for Elite Plus rocks!

The game does indeed suck. And I went in to it with low expectations and very willing to just have some dumb fun with it based on the license. Couldn't even make it farther than the first couple of levels. Also the online matchmaking for co-op is broken as hell.

Well standard ground shipping for having ordered in store to home isn't too bad and will be here Monday with plenty of time to mail the game off to BBY.  Going to have to do that again in the future when there's something cheap I don't want to have to find filler.

just bought from best buy, anyone have luck with a return or price match from them?

I just got back from bestbuy to get my in store pickup. I had lamestops website on my phone and showed them. They returned the game and then re-sold it to me for 9.99 PM

Had them PM target for the 40 dollar super Mario world 3d on wiiu as well.

Bought even though it claims to be bad.  The statue I liked enough for $9.99.  Ended up going the GS route and having them order for me online with free shipping.  Guy was surprised it still was in stock. :rofl:

Unless I get one of those people that says "Its below our cost I cant PM it" in which case Ill order it from lamestop.
BB pm policy specifically states

"Does Best Buy match the price if it results in a price being below Best Buy's cost on a product?

Yes. So long as the price match requested is from a Competitor on an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met."
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat297100050012.c?id=pcmcat297100050012

BB pm policy specifically states

"Does Best Buy match the price if it results in a price being below Best Buy's cost on a product?

Yes. So long as the price match requested is from a Competitor on an identical available product and all other Price Match criteria are met."
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat297100050012.c?id=pcmcat297100050012
That doesn't matter when you get "one of those people". They will just flat out refuse to PM. Ive run into them before.

Bestbuys staff on the whole really don't give a shit. If they say no once regardless of rules or regulations it then becomes a game of being obstinate. Those people at the stores around me aren't that much better than gamestops staff.

That doesn't matter when you get "one of those people". They will just flat out refuse to PM. Ive run into them before.

Bestbuys staff on the whole really don't give a shit. If they say no once regardless of rules or regulations it then becomes a game of being obstinate. Those people at the stores around me aren't that much better than gamestops staff.
Oh, I`ve been there for that it pays to make friends with the staff before you really need them. Get friendly with gaming staff and people who can do overrides. You can also call corp. from the store & they can "instruct" a manager to follow protocol correctly. I got $20 in rz for my trouble during this process & they made sure the store was followed up on by a regional manager. Once this happens or a mod from the forums page sets up a contact for the store things change fast. Nobody wants their boss on them.

The game was pretty easy to blow through on the hardest setting with a full group on co-op if you can still get a full group.  It's cooler if you've recently watched the Aliens movie, as they use a lot of the environments you see from the movie in the game.  The game play itself really isn't great, and the graphics aren't much to talk about, but it's not unplayable.  6 or 7 hours and you can rack up some easy achievements/trophies if that's your thing.  Overall as an Alien fan I think the statue alone is worth the $9.99.  You just get a poorly executed game to go along with it.

Yeah I did ship to store when they dropped the price to 26 and Im going to pick it up today. When I do Im going to tell them lamestop has it for 10. Im not sure how it will work but they should price match it one way or another. Unless I get one of those people that says "Its below our cost I cant PM it" in which case Ill order it from lamestop.
Make sure they don't process the pick up order, if they do they can't adjust the price or return it for 24 hours. Tell them you actually would like to price match gamestop, so you'll need to cancel the in store pick up and then just purchase the game normally.

Here's my review of the game if anyone is interested: http://clearancebinreview.com/2013/04/12/review-aliens-colonial-marines-we-should-know-better-by-now/

Is this the cheapest collector edition?
Are you asking if this is the cheapest any CE has been or this one in general? If it's the latter, this is the cheapest it's been, I don't imagine it going any less, I think after this point it just may get converted to used or sold off to some liquidator. I'm sure they are loosing money just shipping them out.

best buy sent the wrong item I price matched this at best buy when it first went on sale at game stop my order showed the collector edition and the receipt that arrived in the package today shows the collector edition but it was actually only the standard game they sent me they are reshipping me the item again hopefully the right one this time and now im stuck with having to return the standard version ugh

Umm I'm kinda pissed, non of the DLC Codes work that came with the collectors edition. Anyone else has had this problem?

bread's done
Back