Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

I opened mine up to display the statue and it's a decent statue for a video game CE. Paint and detail are fine. Yeah, it's plastic. Like others said if you want resin or polystone you're looking at much more than $10.

Not sure the game will ever make it to the top of my backlog though.

Just a question in general regarding CE's. Why are you guys buying them at any price if you aren't even interested in the game or the CE contents? Besides the realistate they take at your home, aren't they an eye sore as well if you don't care for them? Just curious to know.
Realistate ... brilliant.

There was a PS3 & 360 copy showing up at one store (the same store) in my area so I put a hold on the PS3 version before the store opened.  Got the confirmation email around 9:15 & drove over on my lunch break & picked it up.  Guy working there gave me the "I was gonna buy that!" but said he'll probably still buy the 360 version just for the statue.  

Gonna pop the game in tonight & see if it's as bad as everyone says.  If I like it ok I'll hang onto it, otherwise I'll take it to BB this weekend (minus the case, I can always use another good condition PS3 case! ;) ).  It's a win either way.  

For all intensive purposes, that is correct.
heart-attack.jpg

Just picked up the copy I put on hold, statue is definitely worth the 1.20 I paid for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangit, now you guys are talking me into getting this space waster.  Now find me a $15 filler and I'll name my next kid after you.

Just picked up the one and only within an hour drive, and only about 5mi away from me. Near mint CE that was store in the back room. Quite happy!

I'm kind of annoyed at myself for getting Aliens but not pulling the trigger on Killer is Dead. :\

Why? At least Aliens has decent CE pack-ins. KiD is just a small art book and CD, correct? From what I read the game isn't good at all either, I passed on it for $20. $10 for the LE and I'd bite.

Why? At least Aliens has decent CE pack-ins. KiD is just a small art book and CD, correct? From what I read the game isn't good at all either, I passed on it for $20. $10 for the LE and I'd bite.
You are correct. KiD just bounced back up to $30ish and I got that twinge of regret. Plus it's Grasshopper Manufacture.

I'm kind of annoyed at myself for getting Aliens but not pulling the trigger on Killer is Dead. :\

I almost missed Killer is Dead then myself. I put it off for a few days and two of my 3 stores were sold out. The third had one copy left. Luckily they are all 3 mins from house and each other.

Roads were better than expected so I didn't have to kill myself trying to pick it up. My wife took one look at the box and shook her head. She'll get over it.

Thanks again, OP.

Ordered one earlier today to ship with another filler game.  Got shipping confirmation on filler game but still no confirmation on
Aliens.

Just walked into the only Gamestop that has it and walked out with the last ps3 CE. I didn't reserve of couse. The employees would have just stolen mine. Thanks, op.

For that that care and don't know, if it's OOS at the store they will make a .com order for you to your house with free shipping.

Well my shipped order that I placed in store today shipped about two hours ago so not two bad.  Hopefully it's just ground shipping and not media mail or something.  Locked in a trade to mail to BBY so as long as it gets here in a week I'll have plenty of time to get the game there for $8.

My roommate went to the GameStop in Bay Park Square in Green Bay to get it...He said the employee was talking to some guy about gaming computer components for 20 minutes and when he brought up the game he was buying (The Club for $1.99 on 360) and inquired about the Aliens CE the guy told him they are out and that as soon as they hit $9.99 they were gone everywhere and then told him the copy of The Club they had was full of scratches and he wouldn't sell it to him so he left.

This is why I hate GameStop. They never offered any online service and if anything just give him the scratched up game lol it was $1.99

All the games they have are cheaper at Pawn America

is this worth a buy since i cant pickup this game at my area, i just ordered online for $14.50 (+tax and shipping) ?

30 dollars for 2 years, I've already saved $20 on new games, and this 80 cents pushes me even closer to the break even point with 23 months to go.
Don't know what you're talking about, it's $60 per year. Even if you got some deal, it's pretty hard to break even on 8 and 10 dollar games.

Don't know what you're talking about, it's $60 per year. Even if you got some deal, it's pretty hard to break even on 8 and 10 dollar games.
They've been sending out $30 coupons. Bought Fable Anniversary, and then when they had B2G1 I preordered Yaiba: NGZ, Dark Souls 2, and South Park: TSoT for $103 total. Already paid for itself and I still have until 2015.

But anyhow, pm'd this at best buy.

They've been sending out $30 coupons. Bought Fable Anniversary, and then when they had B2G1 I preordered Yaiba: NGZ, Dark Souls 2, and South Park: TSoT for $103 total. Already paid for itself and I still have until 2015.
But anyhow, pm'd this at best buy.
I've never seen one of those coupons. I wouldn't buy those new games at those prices either though..

They got a bunch of random stuff if you are looking to get over $25 for shipping.

Gears of War 2 Pre Owned 0.99
Battlefield BC2 Pre Owned  $1.99
Persona 4 Golden New $19.99 or Pre Owned $15.95 if you use cag 16 along with pur. They also got some Pokemon plush for $6.99,
Starcraft 2 iphone 4/4S case, Cod ghosts beanie $8.49.

They cancelled my hold so I called in. The clerk said 5 people put a hold on the 1 copy they had and he already gave it away. He did say if I came in he would order one with no shipping for me. I thought no prob but I live in Seattle and the town is crazy right now. Just got home about 6 hours later but have my figure on the way!

They got a bunch of random stuff if you are looking to get over $25 for shipping.

Gears of War 2 Pre Owned 0.99
Battlefield BC2 Pre Owned $1.99
Persona 4 Golden New $19.99 or Pre Owned $15.95 if you use cag 16 along with pur. They also got some Pokemon plush for $6.99,
Starcraft 2 iphone 4/4S case, Cod ghosts beanie $8.49.
Oh man... I should have put Persona 4 Golden with my order. Didn't know its was 20 bucks.

So I got damned lucky and found a copy.  Now I can return the 2x.xx one to best buy that I bought the other day.  Don't need two statues and the fact that they most likely won't PM a post purchase anymore.  :(

I didn't really find anything for filler, so if anyone gets a PS3 copy for the statue, I'll pay a fair price for the game.

Yes, I actually hate myself and want to play that piece of shit.

For that that care and don't know, if it's OOS at the store they will make a .com order for you to your house with free shipping.

I didn't really find anything for filler, so if anyone gets a PS3 copy for the statue, I'll pay a fair price for the game.

Yes, I actually hate myself and want to play that piece of shit.
Look at my previous post, I did this earlier today and my order already shipped, the games still looks like it's in stock still

I picked it up today. I like the packaging and everything. Even if the game sucks it was only $10 bucks. Hell, I paid $10 to see that god awful John C. Reilly movie The Vampires Assistant. The game can't be worse than that turd of a movie.

bread's done
Back