Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

Crap I forgot to pick mine up today, about 90% sure I'm on the verge of getting a sinus infection. How long do they hold Instore pickups for?

it actually 7 days and if you unsure it always tell you on your pick up email the final date to pick it up by
Please remember:

1. Check store hours before you head there.
  2. Print this email to take it with you to the store. You'll need it.
  3. Don't forget your wallet. You don't have to pay until you pick up your item. Current store pricing applies.
  4. Bring your old games to trade in while you're there. The more you trade, the less you pay! See the below link for a list of featured trade offers.
  5. Pre-owned product is guaranteed to work, but may not include original packaging, artwork, or instruction manuals. Please don't hesitate to cal ahead if you would like to confirm the condition of your product.
  6. We will hold your request for up to two days.
So they have a different set of rules for in store pickup for new and used?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember:

1. Check store hours before you head there.
  2. Print this email to take it with you to the store. You'll need it.
  3. Don't forget your wallet. You don't have to pay until you pick up your item. Current store pricing applies.
  4. Bring your old games to trade in while you're there. The more you trade, the less you pay! See the below link for a list of featured trade offers.
  5. Pre-owned product is guaranteed to work, but may not include original packaging, artwork, or instruction manuals. Please don't hesitate to cal ahead if you would like to confirm the condition of your product.
  6. We will hold your request for up to two days.
So they have a different set of rules for in store pickup for new and used?
idk cause when they had the b1g2 free glitch on xbox platnuim games I ordered those games for instore pick up my order was placed and ready for pickup on sunday January 26 and the pickup email stated this : *Also important: We'll have your order waiting for you until Monday, February 3, 2014. After that, we will cancel your order. which would be about 7 days from the 26th to feb 3 and the past two years it always been about 7 days no matter which store I did the pickup at

Wasn't planning on picking one up but i went to my local Best Buy to sign up for GCU and decided to check out the gaming section. They had a copy of the PS3 one sitting outside so i price matched the GS price. 

idk cause when they had the b1g2 free glitch on xbox platnuim games I ordered those games for instore pick up my order was placed and ready for pickup on sunday January 26 and the pickup email stated this : *Also important: We'll have your order waiting for you until Monday, February 3, 2014. After that, we will cancel your order. which would be about 7 days from the 26th to feb 3 and the past two years it always been about 7 days no matter which store I did the pickup at
Ah, I was going off the Gamestop rules, I think you are going off BB. Guess it depends on where he did in store pick up hah.

Weird I didnt see that line in the email at first. Hopefully they still have it tomorrow, I called and they said it was only 1 day.

Not that I REALLY want it or anything, just one of those things I'll just buy because its cheap lol. I'd probably trade it right in to Best Buy anyway

Thanks for the info OP, on the way to campus I managed to grab the last PS3 version available in around 50 miles.

The box, statue, and the patches look pretty good to my untrained eye, so it was worth it for me. The box seemed to include a free game as well, I guess its time for another exciting "let's see how bad it really is" moment for me.

Well the one store that had it around here the statue was broken and the box water damaged. So they did the web to home thing or whatever it's called and ordered one off the website for me with free shipping. So there's that option if no stores near you have one and you don't mind driving to one but won't pay for shipping.
Thanks for this idea. Was able to order in store without having to pay for shipping. Did have to pay a little tax. They said they had sold last 360 version just 30 minutes prior. I needed PS3 version so no loss.

Saw another cheap CE when I was in store.  Defiance was behind the counter marked at 39.99.  Asked if I could see it and he said it was only 29.99.  Just checked the website and it is listed at 19.99 for PC and XBOX, 29.99 for PS3.  Another bad reviewed game for cheap.  Does have a statue for those interested.

Umm I'm kinda pissed, non of the DLC Codes work that came with the collectors edition. Anyone else has had this problem?
Mine didn't either(ps3 version), the expiration date is 2/12/14 so they should have worked, what bs. It was sealed shut as well, so it's not like it was a gutted copy.

Saw another cheap CE when I was in store. Defiance was behind the counter marked at 39.99. Asked if I could see it and he said it was only 29.99. Just checked the website and it is listed at 19.99 for PC and XBOX, 29.99 for PS3. Another bad reviewed game for cheap. Does have a statue for those interested.
it ain't $9.99 tho

Odd, mine worked for the PS3 yesterday when I picked it up. Either the expiration is inaccurate and I just slid in under the closing window or something else is afoot.

I am so pissed off. I just bought this yesterday and the codes don't work for me either. Keep in mind that there are 2 different dlc codes. One dlc slip is the pre-order bonus "Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers..." and the other is "Playable Iconic Characters..."

This really sucks. Tried to redeem on 2/6. Both dlc slips say 2/12/14.

Can we contact sega or sony to get new codes? This CE just came out this past year. It isn't unreasonable that we bought this with the expectation that the codes work.

(My ps3 CE was factory sealed and in mint condition, so no one opened it before me.)

Put them in on both systems. Both codes work for 360 and both codes don't work on the ps3. At least it works for the system I'm going to play it on. Weird ps3 got deactivated early.

Mine didn't either(ps3 version), the expiration date is 2/12/14 so they should have worked, what bs. It was sealed shut as well, so it's not like it was a gutted copy.
Same problem with my copy that I picked up today: "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid"

Same here, PS3 codes don't work.  I don't really care honestly, wasn't going to play the multiplayer anyway and it looks like that's all the codes are for.  Sucks that they expired early tho.  

It's $10. How offen are we going to see a brand new CE? Oh way, Duke Nuke Forever. Wasnt that like $2.99 or something?
Price doesn´t justify a crappy game IMO. I wouldn´t play this game if someone gave it to me for free. Simply on the premise that its not even

worth my time. My time can be spent playing better quality games.

Its a joke how many people trash the game but yet people still buy it making comments like they know it sucks but just want the CE contents.

I would rather spend that $10 bucks going out for lunch.

Fortunately I can afford to do both :)

Nice Blade pic by the way, more of a Jester man myself.
I can afford both too. But why would I buy both if I am saying at the same time the game sucks.

That´s like saying this place has crappy food but lets go eat there anyway because I can afford too.

I can afford both too. But why would I buy both if I am saying at the same time the game sucks.

That´s like saying this place has crappy food but lets go eat there anyway because I can afford too.
Well no it's more specifically like saying this game has it's faults but it's $10 and I like the look of the figure it comes with.

But yes, we get it, you think the game sucks.

I was at Best Buy last night anyway so I had them do an "express lane' order and price match gamestop for me. Easier than a 45 minute phone call since i was there anyway, still get 2 day expedited shipping, etc. Paid with $10 gift card, trade the game back in for $8.80 (GCU), can't complain. 

None in a 100 mile radius.  Failed my resistance check and ordered one for PS3.  I intend to keep the statue and ignore the game before trading it in to BB, assuming it's still $8 then.  

Saw another cheap CE when I was in store. Defiance was behind the counter marked at 39.99. Asked if I could see it and he said it was only 29.99. Just checked the website and it is listed at 19.99 for PC and XBOX, 29.99 for PS3. Another bad reviewed game for cheap. Does have a statue for those interested.
I ended up biting on Defiance Ce when it was on sale for $15, Worth it in my opinion. I like the show, the game is a little ugly but has decent gameplay imo.

I started playing this last night and I still felt the terror of being overwhelmed by Aliens like I did playing Alien Trilogy on the PS1 although not as good. Gameplay wise, I don't remember being able to shake off an Alien that's on you or one that will run and hide if it has the jump on you. I'll play through as long as I can stand it and then sell it.

Price doesn´t justify a crappy game IMO. I wouldn´t play this game if someone gave it to me for free. Simply on the premise that its not even

Its a joke how many people trash the game but yet people still buy it making comments like they know it sucks but just want the CE contents.

I think I would pay $10 for just about any collectors edition, unless I already owned it, shit, I'd pay $10 for any gaming statue alone just to let it sit on my shelf...lol

whats a joke is that your $10 on lunch will have been wasted once you go to the bathroom, whereas the alien ce statue will be on jle7385's shelf for years and years to come :whistle2:k

.Its a joke how many people trash the game but yet people still buy it making comments like they know it sucks but just want the CE contents.

It's more like this place has crappy food but the waitress is hot so it is well worth the time and the money...if's only $10.

True. but im going to play it. I rather spend that $10 and take a girl out for lunch.

I'm proud of my restraint and holding back not snagging one of ... Ah crap where'd this shipping confirmation come from . I must of blacked out and bought one .

I'm proud of my restraint and holding back not snagging one of ... Ah crap where'd this shipping confirmation come from . I must of blacked out and bought one .
I'm in the same boat except I haven't caved yet. I was sure all i'd have to do was wait until late Wednesday morning for this deal to be dead. I guess the longer the deal is alive, the more that must tell me the game really does stink and I shouldn't get it since no one else (except people in this forum) is buying it.

It's more like this place has crappy food but the waitress is hot so it is well worth the time and the money...if's only $10.
Yeah Im not a sucker that leaves more then 15% tips just because the waitress looks good.

I used to go out to hooters with friends and they would run a $10 dollar tab drinking and then tip the girls a $20 bill.

Then they wonder why they still live with their parents. Like I said a fool and his money soon part ways.

wow. ordered yesterday over the phone with best buy and it arrived today. i entered the DLC codes on xbox.com and they worked but my xbox never downloaded anything. 

It's a shame that the PC version didnt get a CE in America, as that would be the version I push everyone to play. Still, the CE contents are worth $10 IMO. The story is insultingly bad, but if you mute the dialogue it becomes much more tolerable as a themepark-esque trek through Hadley's Hope.

The single-player DLC is better than the entire main campaign, however.

Xbox codes up for grabs, only own a ps3

ccvgk-jhj9f-tqxk9-j3d6f-w7dcz

rt3jj-4jwww-g7phc-xfrp7-jgdvz

ps. BestBuy sent the bigger box ever.

bread's done
Back