All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Segasonic01']Found Soul Nomad & Zelda TP (GC) for $15. Zelda is now on my tl.

Then my friend went after me & found DMC4 CE for $15 >.

I figured there were probably better things there but you beat me to em. I wonder if the riverdale one is having a clearance? And yes there were ps1 games! Lol. Motorstorm and little big planet are a win win for five bucks. Lair, im not so sure lol

Has anybody ever had success in talking a Wal Mart manager down in price? They still have a Reach and a Halo 3 Legendary, but still priced very close (or at) MSRP. Wouldn't mind picking up 3 just for the extras at a decent price...

[quote name='JKSonic']Has anybody ever had success in talking a Wal Mart manager down in price? They still have a Reach and a Halo 3 Legendary, but still priced very close (or at) MSRP. Wouldn't mind picking up 3 just for the extras at a decent price...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has happened at some point. Others getting a manager to change a price is not going to be a factor in whether or not your local manager will do it though.

[quote name='shoe478']I'm sure it has happened at some point. Others getting a manager to change a price is not going to be a factor in whether or not your local manager will do it though.[/QUOTE]

Well I can only hope if I decide to try it that he realized the only way either of those will sell at that price is if they sit there for so long that they are valuable again...

justr nabbed hawx ps3 for $5 at the boonton nj store, last copy.
they also had lego batman for ps3 for $5 as well as obscure the aftermath ps2 for $5

thanks op :)

anyone know if Contact(DS) is on clearance? There's this copy in my store just staring at me for the past year... but I don't wanna plop down $37.44 for it.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']anyone know if Contact(DS) is on clearance? There's this copy in my store just staring at me for the past year... but I don't wanna plop down $37.44 for it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon was selling it for $10.10 earlier this year around January, but it is out of stock now. You can print out the UPC for this game and scan it using Walmart price checker to see what the current price is at your store.

Halo 3 Limited Edition $ 15.00

New in Box, good luck finding it apparently its been removed from online inventory found in Naples, FL.

Great game and a good pickup if you like to collect.

Saw ~

Batman collectors edition with boomerang ps3
Grand theft auto 4 special edition ps3

Didn't see the prices though. Should I go back? Have any of you seen a current price on these?

[quote name='IggyD3']Halo 3 Limited Edition $ 15.00

New in Box, good luck finding it apparently its been removed from online inventory found in Naples, FL.

Great game and a good pickup if you like to collect.[/QUOTE]

Don't get too excited. You can get it for around $20 on Amazon.com

[quote name='hellbringer333']Saw ~

Batman collectors edition with boomerang ps3
Grand theft auto 4 special edition ps3

Didn't see the prices though. Should I go back? Have any of you seen a current price on these?[/QUOTE]

Walmart near my school has had the PS3 version of Batman CE for 50 bucks for the longest time. Once I saw a 360 CE version marked for 20 but I didn't have a 360 at the time.

[quote name='IggyD3']Halo 3 Limited Edition $ 15.00

Great game and a good pickup if you like to collect.[/QUOTE]

Limited or Legendary? One of my WM's has both a Halo 3 Legendary and a Reach Legendary, but are still nearly full price (I think $10 off each or something). If they are bottoming out the LE's though it could be a good time for me to ask about the Legendary Edition.

My other store has a 360 Batman CE too but from what I could tell it wasn't $20. They used to have a stack of Bioshock 2's but I think they finally dropped them to $15 and they sold out quickly.

I just came from the Mt. Juliet TN Walmart and they have a quite a few gaming accessories on closeout, the highlight is 8GB Memory Stick Micro w/ Pro Duo Adapter (for all PSP units) which was $49.96 is now on closeout for only $9.96! The 4gig is on closeout too, but the sticker they put on it was the 8GB sticker as well, dunno if that means it is also $9.96, or if its cheaper.

I bought one of the 8gigs, leaving 3 behind. If I had the money I would have bought more, hope some are still around next pay. I also grabbed the DualShock 3 Trigger Enhanchements that were on closeout for $4.96, I got the last one.

Not a clearance sale just something interesting I found at this Walmart by me. This Walmart had about 4-5 Dot Hack Part 3: Outbreak - all factory sealed. I was like WOAH and then I checked out how much they were and they were full 50$ price. So sad.. all the other PS2 games were like 20$..

[quote name='yellowdog']Not a clearance sale just something interesting I found at this Walmart by me. This Walmart had about 4-5 Dot Hack Part 3: Outbreak - all factory sealed. I was like WOAH and then I checked out how much they were and they were full 50$ price. So sad.. all the other PS2 games were like 20$..[/QUOTE]
Apparantly that discovery caused the new price to go down to $40 on amazon!

[quote name='mitch079']Found a Red Steel 2 with Wiimote for $15 and Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii) for 19.82.[/QUOTE]

With an actual Wiimote? Or just the M+ attachment? I remember jumping all over the Red Steel 2 with M+ for $20 deal.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']Is star wars the forced unleashed 2 collector's edition still at 80? I saw a copy at my wal-mart hoping it's price would drop![/QUOTE]

Walmart's Special Edition Price are normally YMMV by store. I can tell you that we have about 25 copies of reach LE and 2 Legendary, and there has never been a markdown from home office on either of them. The best I have been able to do was $10 off legendary, and that is never going to sell. I expect to have them until the world ends, same with are MK9 LE's that will never drop under $99.

Don't even bother with Walmart if you're looking for the SW: TFU 2 CE, Amazon's had it for ~$40 (with Free Super Saver Shipping) for ages now. Ugh, you're probably right about MK9's LEs.

I saw a bunch of GTA triple packs in really good condition for PS2 for 19.xx, would that be worth a pickup? I know compilations sometimes hole their value really well (MGS)

[quote name='Echelon79']Red Steel is always 20 with the Motionplus at Walmart now.[/QUOTE]

$15 with the motion plus. Sorry for the confusion.

They also were sold out of Silver and White DS3 controllers for the PS3 for ~26.00. The other colors were normal price.

At my local Wal-Mart in Michigan I saw a sticker saying buy 1 World of Warcraft: Catacalsym, get Wrath of the Lich King free. I got it and then got the 1st one too, came out to $60 total. Giving it to my nephew. YMMV!

[quote name='yellowdog']Not a clearance sale just something interesting I found at this Walmart by me. This Walmart had about 4-5 Dot Hack Part 3: Outbreak - all factory sealed. I was like WOAH and then I checked out how much they were and they were full 50$ price. So sad.. all the other PS2 games were like 20$..[/QUOTE]

Same here too. My Walmart has about 7+ Dot Hack OutBreak (factory sealed) for $50, 11+ Grandia III (normal sealed) for $30. I'm just waiting for them to be clearance out and it seems like it won't happen anytime soon. :(

[quote name='mitch079']$15 with the motion plus. Sorry for the confusion.

They also were sold out of Silver and White DS3 controllers for the PS3 for ~26.00. The other colors were normal price.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see these Dualshock controllers for $26? How long has this been going on at your local Walmart? Guess I'll have to go and take a look...

[quote name='postaboy']Same here too. My Walmart has about 7+ Dot Hack OutBreak (factory sealed) for $50, 11+ Grandia III (normal sealed) for $30. I'm just waiting for them to be clearance out and it seems like it won't happen anytime soon. :([/QUOTE]

The worst are the Xbox games they still have for former MSRP. It's ridiculous, and Walmart will never clearance that shit until maybe the next console generation.

Unless they're gonna go out of business?

[quote name='GoRacerXGo']Where did you see these Dualshock controllers for $26? How long has this been going on at your local Walmart? Guess I'll have to go and take a look...[/QUOTE]

I saw the tags in the electronics section. The local one has a decent clearance area. It'd been a couple of months since I went so I have no idea how long they've had it.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']where do you find these? Is there a separate section for clearance games?[/QUOTE]

They had some where the games usually are (Behind the glass case arranged by console). They have red tags on them indicating clearance prices. Most of them were on the bottom shelf. There was also a sign pointing to more in the glass case at the end of the aisle. The ones on the endcap were all clearance and all consoles.

How exactly does Wal Mart conduct clearances? I'm finding lots of games still sitting at their normal $50-$60 retail price. I do see red tags with clearance prices, but some of them only bring it down closer to prices that still aren't cheaper than most places.

Any good way of checking prices without bugging the sales people? I don't think they'd be too happy about me asking to pull out a ton of games out of cases or pull accessories off of those locked pegs just to check the prices, only to have to put them back.

Wasn't there a way to make bar codes to scan at their price scanners?

found in a $15 clearance bin Just Cause 2, Prototype and White Knight Chronicles all PS3, only picked up Just Cause 2 until next week when i have cash, hopefully they'll still have a copy of the other two

God, I love Wally World YMMV clearance. Whenever I go to any area, if I have a chance to check out their Wal-Mart's, I definitely will. Even in the ones I regularly frequent just for normal shopping, I always, ALWAYS run by the game section to check things out. You literally never know what will turn up. I have found so much wacky, unbelievable stuff, you'd never believe it. It's always entertaining to me to see the highlights (and lowlights) from other people's finds.

For instance, the 8 sealed copies of Tales of the Abyss, .Dot Hack Redemption, and DBZ BT3 Wii I found at one store over the course of this last year, or my regular, once or twice a week store that I walked into back in Feb. that had 2 copies of the Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (XBox) for $40/ea mysteriously appear from out of the blue. Oh, let's not forget the one out in the country I found about 6 months ago with 2 SWTFU Ultimate Sith Ed.'s (PS3), and 3 Metroid Prime Trilogies (Wii)...mmmm, thinking about these old finds is making me salivate.

:drool:

[quote name='sgaldis']Oh, let's not forget the one out in the country I found about 6 months ago with 2 SWTFU Ultimate Sith Ed.'s (PS3), and 3 Metroid Prime Trilogies (Wii)...mmmm, thinking about these old finds is making me salivate.

:drool:[/QUOTE]

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I still want that SW game, but ended up buying MPT on eBay. :/

Too bad my nearest Walmart (Highlands Ranch, CO) sucks when it comes to games/movies. I mean, they don't even honor their own online deals! I lost so much time there a couple days ago looking for Blu-Rays on sale (checking online prices with my iPhone), only to have to return most of them after ringing them up at the register. :(

I posted this on a separate thread but will add here. Found Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 with other $19.96 clearance games (it had a price sticker actually on it), scanned it before hitting the register and it showed up as $10.00.

[quote name='imacgod']How exactly does Wal Mart conduct clearances? [/QUOTE]

There are 2 types of clearance. 1 where the price comes down from corporate and you'll find it at the same price at every store. Those are usually small price drops and not very often.

The second is what most of this thread is. The Electronics Manager has the option to markdown the price on any item. So this will vary greatly depending on stores. If your store never has markdowns then it likely never will, so don't waste your time. Now if your store has an Electronics Manager that knows about games, then you might get lucky and they clearance out the old stuff to make room for the new.

bread's done
Back