All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a 3 inch by 5 inch Price point hanging in the glass by each game. It says underneath a Red Stripe with the Walmart Smiley Face

Ninja GAiden 2
$30

ng2 already on bargain bin? wow!

though i must admit, i was at the bestbuy the other day, and saw they had more copies of these left standing than GTA4. i thought to myself, this will be in a bin by christmas. wow, is it christmas already? :)

the walmart by me(Forest Park, IL) had a huge selection of PS2 games on sale, along with a few 360 and Wii. There was even a stack of Madden 05's for PS1... Figured it was YMMV. Check your local walmart out, it might be a nationwide clearance of whatever the store has a bunch of in back?

I was at my local WM earlier tonight and none of these games were even marked down a penny. $59.XX for Army of Two and Ninja Gaiden II. I knew this would be the case, because there's no way that a chain-wide mark-down would be on newer, high profile games like these.

My local Walmart had a bunch of 06 Xbox sports titles for $5-$10 when I checked yesterday, thats about it. However, I remember a few weeks ago when I visited my gf that her local Walmart had their own markdowns, I remember a couple various 360 PH games for about $15, etc. As mentioned, the usually YMMV on walmart deals.

All Walmart video game clearances are always YMMV, as those clearances are initiated at store level and not by home office.

It's been a few years since I've worked there but I'm sure things haven't changed. ;)

[quote name='mj1108']All Walmart video game clearances are always YMMV, as those clearances are initiated at store level and not by home office.

It's been a few years since I've worked there but I'm sure things haven't changed. ;)[/quote]

There was a clearance a while back including Rogue Galaxy, Shining Force Exa, GrimGrimoire, and a few others that was universal. At that time we were all hoping that Walmart had gotten things together and would do storewide clearances, but I haven't seen anything else quite like it for a while.

I'd love my hands on Army of Two at that price. Sure, it'll inevitably be down that low, but not soon.

last time i went hunting at a walmart i found an N64 game. In 2008. I think it was one of the tony hawk games. I've pretty much given up on them since :/

[quote name='mikeyhegs']last time i went hunting at a walmart i found an N64 game. In 2008. I think it was one of the tony hawk games. I've pretty much given up on them since :/[/QUOTE]

I've also remember seeing a very squished N64 game at my Walmart last year, NFL Quarterback Club I think the title was. And at the very bargain price of $2x.xx I believe.

I think a lot of stores are gonna start cutting the price of GTA4. Almost every store in my area has at least 5 full racks of the game for each system (~50 copies for each).

Cool... i work right next to that Walmart (In Overland Park, KS)! I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

->Ryu

This was how I got my copy of Colonies.

When the game came out (for $30), Walmart workers put in the original games spot, which sells for $20. When I went to purchase it, it rang up $30, and after some grumbling from the worker, he changed it to $20 due to thier error. He did go back and pull the whole stack of them off the shelf.

Yesterday, bargains at a store that never has them.

Grimgrimoire - $15
Tales of the Abyss - $15
DS Elite Beat with accessories - $5 (had a zillion of these)
DS Rumble Pak - $2
GS Baiten Kaitos - $15 (might return this)

My location (Fairfax,VA) did not have it, but I can tell you that we had them scan it and it still did not come up.

To the stores that did have it:
Did you all notice large amounts of overstock for the title? Is there any rhyme or reason to what locations get this deal?

Walmart in Lebanon, TN had about 15 of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connectors (Access Points) for $3.50 each. Works with DS and Wii.

[quote name='RamHawk']Walmart in Lebanon, TN had about 15 of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connectors (Access Points) for $3.50 each. Works with DS and Wii.[/quote]

?! I hope you bought them all.

I didn't know walmart still had these on sale!!!!! I just got back from there today and saw a bunch of classic controllers w/ pink glove and wii point cards w/ pink glove for $10 (in va beach,va like 5 of each left). I copped a classic controller and a point card set for myself :)

^^I'm jealous. My store has a ton of the points + glove combos on clearance for $20. Considering I don't need classic controller gloves, it not much of a sale to me. :(

WalMart 2949 in downtown Long Beach, CA (5th street) had a bin of games for $10. I grabbed the last copy of Burnout Paradise for the 360, however I do recall seeing also for 10 bucks,....

WII - Boogie w/ mic (7-8 copies)
WII - High School Musical w/ mic (4-5 copies)
WII - Elebits (great game actually) (one left)
WII - Dewy's Adventure (one left)
WII - Blazing Angels (2 copies)
360 - Blazing Angels 2 (one left)
360 - **assorted 2008 sports titles**

And in the glass case they had Pokemon Ranger DS for $15.00. I talked to an associate and she said there were a ton more that sold and may be more soon,...and I guess they had COD4 for the 360 in there *ouch*,.....LOL.

$10.00 Wii games at the Walmart in downtown Long Beach CA.

The ones I bought

Okami :D
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
House of the Dead 2 & 3
Thrillville: OTR
Boogie

Others I did not buy

High School Musical Karaoke :drool:
Disney Princess :drool:
Bug Island
Spongebob Atlantis
Blazing Angels

There were a few other Wii games and a whole lot of PS2 Xbox 360 sports games also for $10.00

[quote name='luan87us']how come my walmarts doesn't have anything on sales >=( thy only have lame games for 15-20$ -_-[/quote]

be glad for that. my walmart's idea of a bargain bin is 19.98-29.98 xbox 360 games, which include tmnt, star trek, tomb raider, cod2 goty, and other ones that i don't remember because i felt they should be much cheaper.

The Wal-mart here had tons of those virtual console controller gloves and wii points cards for 10.00, buzz the hollywood quiz for 20.00, and a wii remote and wii carrying case combo for 25.00...i wish i would have snagged more points, but im moving so meh :( wish i coulda got thrillville or elebits for 10 though...oh and they had smarty pants for 15.00...wish i could have got that too lol

[quote name='8bitlover']$10.00 Wii games at the Walmart in downtown Long Beach CA.

The ones I bought

Okami :D
RE: Umbrella Chronicles
House of the Dead 2 & 3
Thrillville: OTR
Boogie

[/quote]

wow, nice score for $50!

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']My location (Fairfax,VA) did not have it, but I can tell you that we had them scan it and it still did not come up.

To the stores that did have it:
Did you all notice large amounts of overstock for the title? Is there any rhyme or reason to what locations get this deal?[/quote]

Fairlakes hasn't had anything good in a long time on clearance. If it did, it is most likely gone before I get to it as it is mostly busy.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Fairlakes hasn't had anything good in a long time on clearance. If it did, it is most likely gone before I get to it as it is mostly busy.[/quote]

When I was there Monday morning, they had like 8 copies of the Prey Collector's Edition. Not sure how much though. They also had a new PS3 Logitech Keyboard for $25 originally $79. I noticed they have like 2 sections for clearance.

Walmart in Dover, DE

$25 Logitech Wireless keyboard/mouse for the PS3 (not the bluetooth version)
They've had the same 3 there for almost a month and I just keep resisting a purchase of it.

[quote name='donut']Yesterday, bargains at a store that never has them.

DS Elite Beat with accessories - $5 (had a zillion of these)[/quote]

I have never once seen EBA at lower than MSRP. I always hear about people finding this game for $5 or $10, but my Wal-Mart sells it for $27 and the game stores sell it for $30. I really want this game, but it's hard to justify paying 6x more for it than everyone else.

[quote name='mattoz85']I have never once seen EBA at lower than MSRP. I always hear about people finding this game for $5 or $10, but my Wal-Mart sells it for $27 and the game stores sell it for $30. I really want this game, but it's hard to justify paying 6x more for it than everyone else.[/quote]

You ought to check out the TRU clearance thread, because it's going for pretty cheap there. It's def worth paying full price though... great game.

I've seen EBA on clearance at a number of places. TRU, as mentioned above, and Sears both come to mind right off the bat. You should check out eBay. You can probably get a copy for less than $15 shipped, easily, because of all the resellers who buy the $2 games at Sears and gladly turn a big profit selling them at $10.

Picked up all of these today for $10 each:

Beautiful Katamari (360)
Crackdown (360)
Fifa Street 3 (360)
Universe at War (360)
Lost: Via Domus (PS3)
Zack & Wiki (Wii)
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 (PS2)
Patapon (PSP)

They had a fairly big clearance selection, but most of what was left was crap (Wii shovelware and older PS2 games).

bread's done
Back