Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, what do you guys think is a better deal, dead rising for 18.99 or dead island for 29.99. Keep in mind I like a good story

[quote name='oscargrouch']Seems like some lightning deals have been added. Clash of the Titans, that Cabela's Survival, and El Shaddai and some other stuff. Hoping for El Shaddai for $20, but will most likely still be $30[/QUOTE]

El Shaddai is showing the $29.99 as the current price, so it will have to be less than $30. I agree, if it's $20, I'll bite.

[quote name='daspecial1']Hey all, what do you guys think is a better deal, dead rising for 18.99 or dead island for 29.99. Keep in mind I like a good story[/QUOTE]

This is just my opinion, but - having played both, I prefer the progression and gameplay in Dead Island and I've played it much longer and will continue to play it ... however, you say you prefer story, and Dead Rising does more with the story. The feeling of what is occurring and the tension is deeper in Dead Island ... but, the story is pretty thin, you really create the story with your actions.

So, while I would almost always recommend Dead Island over Dead Rising from my experiences, based on what you said, I'd go with Dead Rising.

[quote name='daspecial1']Hey all, what do you guys think is a better deal, dead rising for 18.99 or dead island for 29.99. Keep in mind I like a good story[/QUOTE]
FYI: You can get Dead Rising 2 from Blockbuster with 2 other $14.99 used games or movies for $19.99 right now.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']El Shaddai will only be for PS3 on the lightning deal. Is it better than the Xbox 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Eurogamer says: "Nevertheless, if it's a more fluid gameplay experience you're after, from beginning to end, the PS3 version would be our recommendation."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-el-shaddai-face-off

(it sounds like kind of a wash, I hate games with mandatory installs, but I'm definitely in on the "if it's under $20" club-- I'm thinking it'll be $24.99 though.)

A little weirdness -- when I checked my cart with El Shaddai, it says to add $10.01 to qualify for FSSS ... not true. Just go to check out, if you're using that method. It will qualify.

Thanks to whoever pointed out the lightning deals wouldn't of thought to check and what do ya know? El Shaddai is only $14.99, Sold :D ! Thanks CAG community. Where would I be without you guys emptying my wallet one game at a time? :p

Damn when did they add El Shaddai? I just checked the list a couple hours ago and it wasn't there. Amazon has been extremely annoying with their lightning deals this year.

Decided to bite on dead rising for 18.99, hoping for some $10 deals from az like last year but doesn't look like it will happen, thanks all...

Oh poop nozzle, I missed El Shaddai. I didn't even know they were doing LD's today, guess I should pay more attention. The game looks great but i'm wary of the gameplay, I guess I can wait a year and get it for $5ish at next year's Black Friday.

[quote name='daspecial1']Decided to bite on dead rising for 18.99, hoping for some $10 deals from az like last year but doesn't look like it will happen, thanks all...[/QUOTE]

Was it a ps3 or 360 copy?

They have the ps3 CE for $22.xx atm.

I'm personally hoping for a Sports Day. My cousin desperately wants Madden 12 for the 360. Told me last night. I told him "Where were you 2 days ago!"

They just added Resistance 3 for an LD after I JUST ordered it from Amazon 2 hours ago! And it's already shipping soon! Just my luck

Edit: Amazon let me cancel Resistance 3. Was a little worried since I had extra items in my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rvdrock']Whats the price guess on Red Faction Armageddon?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking 19.99. Gamefly had it for 7.99 a while back but I doubt it's going to be 14.99 but possible.

I'm hoping resistance for 19.99. Man these are better than BF/CM

[quote name='daspecial1']Decided to bite on dead rising for 18.99, hoping for some $10 deals from az like last year but doesn't look like it will happen, thanks all...[/QUOTE]

Posted it earlier but as a heads up: I found Dead Rising 2 for $8.98 at a local Target. And they had at least 30 if not more copies of it in the clearance section so it seems that at least that Target over-ordered the hell out of it.

Might be worth a look if it's not too far out of your way and you don't mind using cash instead of any Amazon credit you may have.

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']They just added Resistance 3 for an LD after I JUST ordered it from Amazon 2 hours ago! And it's already shipping soon! Just my luck

Edit: Amazon let me cancel Resistance 3. Was a little worried since I had extra items in my order.[/QUOTE]

That's a crock of shit i literally just got back home to cancel my original order of Resistance 3 for 29.99 then BOOM shipped...god damn you Amazon...

Clash of the titans really isn't worth the space it takes up in your house...it's that bad. I was such a fan of the original Harryhausen film that I felt obligated to support it, but it was by far the crummiest game I ever bought for $20. I wouldn't spend even 5 on it.

[quote name='silva']That's a crock of shit i literally just got back home to cancel my original order of Resistance 3 for 29.99 then BOOM shipped...god damn you Amazon...[/QUOTE]

So then don't accept the delivery. Some of you CAGers need to learn the ropes of being a true cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='rey6eric']Damn I missed El Shaddai. I was waiting for it to hit $20, wouldve definitely picked it up at $15.[/QUOTE]

It figures, the one time I'm not on the internet there is a deal I wanted. Oh well...

all these $5 coupons off best of 2011 games that I'm receiving...Can i combine all of them to 1 game on that month?

[quote name='Sanoguzman']all these $5 coupons off best of 2011 games that I'm receiving...Can i combine all of them to 1 game on that month?[/QUOTE]
How are you getting the $5 coupons? Fill me in plz

Well i got some from the November sale, and it seems its so still going judging by the OP if you read it

on Amazon, most of the downloadable purchases come with 5 dollar coupons

"Again, buy any of these titles during the holiday period and receive $5 towards the Top Selling Games of 2011"

[quote name='Sanoguzman']Well i got some from the November sale, and it seems its so still going judging by the OP if you read it

on Amazon, most of the downloadable purchases come with 5 dollar coupons

"Again, buy any of these titles during the holiday period and receive $5 towards the Top Selling Games of 2011"
[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Hmmm guessing $24.99 for Resistance 3?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully $20 since it is already @ $30

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Hmmm guessing $24.99 for Resistance 3?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully down to $20 at least, but who knows.

[quote name='V878']Hopefully down to $20 at least, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know about that. I thought $24.99 was pushing it. It might be $24.99 to $27.99 is my guess.

$20 and I'll be REALLY happy

I would bite at Resistance if I didnt get it (and love it) from Gamefly.

Im hoping Street Fighter will be 10. Any more and I dont think I could do it.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']So then don't accept the delivery. Some of you CAGers need to learn the ropes of being a true cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

All depends on how much the lightening deal is. If it's only $5 i won't complain, but i'll try customer service first or just cancel and return.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Yeah I don't know about that. I thought $24.99 was pushing it. It might be $24.99 to $27.99 is my guess.

$20 and I'll be REALLY happy[/QUOTE]

Well as mentioned above, it's already selling for $30 right now, so it's should be AT LEAST $5 off in the lightning deal, possibly a little more.

[quote name='V878']Well as mentioned above, it's already selling for $30 right now, so it's should be AT LEAST $5 off in the lightning deal, possibly a little more.[/QUOTE]

Should be and will be are two different things :) I plan on buying it so I hope it goes down to at least $24.99

It wouldnt be the first time they've done a $2 or $3 off Lightning Deal. Considering they already dropped it to $29.99 for today's sale I can see them only shaving off a small amount for the LD.

Guess we will find out in about 10 minutes.

WTF, Amazon? They had a wired 360 controller deal, but didn't put it up in the Video Games category. It was $29, so it wasn't a great deal, but I'm in the market for one for my PC. Oh well...

bread's done
Back