Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon needs to continue being prudent in their order processing and handling, lest some pesky competitors catch up. Haw, like that will happen any time soon, we are lucky they treat us so well.
cagus.smile.jpg

[quote name='BuckNaked']http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Heart..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256661765&sr=1-1

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion good for a limited time starting 10/27/09. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.[/QUOTE]
They brought it back?

I have NSMBW pre-ordered. I also plan on getting AC2. If I have both, will I get $20 off one purchase or do I have to make 2 separate ones?

[quote name='icedrake523']I have NSMBW pre-ordered. I also plan on getting AC2. If I have both, will I get $20 off one purchase or do I have to make 2 separate ones?[/QUOTE]

Whenever i got the promotion from Uncharted AND Brutal Legend (15$)
BOTH were applied to my next order automatically.:D

wow, i was kind of bummed that GTA Episodes didn't have release day delivery and instead i had to get 2 day delivery, but i just checked and see that not only was it already shipped out, but it's already out for delivery to my house! now i wonder how fast the credit will show up

[quote name='CheapyD']The "Promotion Applied" still shows on checkout, so it appears to still be active.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the case with a few of the games that are still listed in the OP. Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics and WWE 2010 also don't show the $10 credit banner on the item page, but when you go through checkout the "$0.00 promotion applied" shows up.

I hope that means they're both eligible for the $10 credit...because they're also both eligible for the "spend $80 get $40 credit" promo. And from what I've researched, there is no "promotion applied" listing for the "spend $80 get $40", no matter what games you add. Not sure how Amazon feels about giving me $60 in credit for buying 2 games, but I'm taking screen caps of EVERYTHING, haha.

[quote name='primalcarnage']Whenever i got the promotion from Uncharted AND Brutal Legend (15$)
BOTH were applied to my next order automatically.:D[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Good to know. Now what am I going to buy....

Has anyone got there $10 credit from Kingdom Hearts, I ordered it on the 27th and it shipped the same day. I still haven't got the credit.

Sorry if this was answered but does anyone know if gaming credits stack? So say I have a $10 credit from Forza and and save it until I get the $20 credit from MW2. Will I get $30 off the next game I order?

[quote name='Chixdiggit']Sorry if this was answered but does anyone know if gaming credits stack? So say I have a $10 credit from Forza and and save it until I get the $20 credit from MW2. Will I get $30 off the next game I order?[/QUOTE]

Look a few posts up. primalcarnage said he was able to use both credits from UC2 and BL in his next order.

I'm just wondering here. The $20 video game credit at amazon if you buy mw 2: can that credit be used for microsoft points as well?

[quote name='y2jasper']did anyone receive their $5 for GTA Episodes pre order?[/QUOTE]
Not me. Mine shipped Wed., but I'm going to wait until Monday to bug them.
[quote name='aviator189']I'm just wondering here. The $20 video game credit at amazon if you buy mw 2: can that credit be used for microsoft points as well?[/QUOTE]
I believe it should if it is a physical points card; that's what I'm planning on using mine on.

[quote name='y2jasper']did anyone receive their $5 for GTA Episodes pre order?[/QUOTE]

have not received it yet... but as I remember this is sup'd to be a gift card so can be used on anything.

[quote name='icedrake523']Look a few posts up. primalcarnage said he was able to use both credits from UC2 and BL in his next order.[/QUOTE]

Wow I skimmed right over that without putting 2 and 2 together. Thanks.

Haven't received $5 from GTA
Haven't received pre-order bonus costume from Tekken 6

Have received pre-order bonus bolts from Ratchet
Have received $10 credit from Forza 3 (but didn't pre-order; got after it came out)

Amazon is pretty uneven, but so far at least, they haven't "lost" anything they've owed me.

[quote name='Bebpo']Haven't received $5 from GTA
Haven't received pre-order bonus costume from Tekken 6

Have received pre-order bonus bolts from Ratchet
Have received $10 credit from Forza 3 (but didn't pre-order; got after it came out)

Amazon is pretty uneven, but so far at least, they haven't "lost" anything they've owed me.[/QUOTE]

ya i'm currently waiting for the gta and tekken as well, i suppose i'll wait until monday as well.

Well I didn't receive my $10 promotional gift card for WWE so I had to end up calling them after sending 3 emails and not getting replies to them to get my $10. Ah, I am not a fan of accents. I had to concentrate on what the guy was trying to say.

I've got a final ECA code entered and ready to be used, but I can't for the life of me pull the trigger on NSMBW.

Maybe I'll be able to by the end of the week.

Now, when they say one per customer, does that apply to multi-platform games.

For instance, can or can you not get two GC's when you buy Modern Warfare 2 on two different platforms. In my case, one for PC and one for Xbox 360.

[quote name='Evilbeaver']Now, when they say one per customer, does that apply to multi-platform games.

For instance, can or can you not get two GC's when you buy Modern Warfare 2 on two different platforms. In my case, one for PC and one for Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

well my own personal experience, i ordered rock band baetles for the xbox, wii, and ps3 at the same time while they were offering $10 promo with them, but they only gave me one, so i'm going to say no (although depending on the cs rep you get they may manually do it)

I got the $10 credit from Brutal legends 2 days after it shipped. I stacked it with the buy $80, get $40 credit but I haven't received that one yet....Hoping I get it soon without having to deal with Amazon CS (usually hit and miss for me)

[quote name='nightmare452']I emailed Amazon's CS about the GTA $5 gift card issue. Will update once I hear anything.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Really annoying to have to keep following up with Amazon on these promotions...

Can you have these bonus game credits applied to an existing order? Do you have to call custom services to do so?

[quote name='nightmare452']I emailed Amazon's CS about the GTA $5 gift card issue. Will update once I hear anything.[/QUOTE]

How long after shipping was the gift card supposed to be e-mailed? For some reason I thought it was either 7 or 10 days, not the 2 days a credit usually takes.

I emailed Amazon about the GTA gift card Saturday and yesterday they told me it could take up to 10 business days. It is an actual gift card not the videogame credits.

[quote name='bojay1997']How long after shipping was the gift card supposed to be e-mailed? For some reason I thought it was either 7 or 10 days, not the 2 days a credit usually takes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its supposed to take 7-10 days, and usually I wait even longer, but I wanted to use the gift card on my preorder of Dragon Age today so I emailed to see if they send it sooner, no harm in asking either way.

At this point I am still waiting for the $10 DJ Hero credit, the Tekken 6 pre-order download code, and the $5 GTA gift card. I guess it could really take until early next week, but hopefully I won't have to hound them about it.

Just checking with you guys because I too am waiting for the amazon $40 game credit and the GTA $5.
Are you guys all sure its a $5 gift card on GTA episodes from liberty city????
I swore it had said $5 future game credit when I had ordered.

Thanks,
Andrew

[quote name='bojay1997']How long after shipping was the gift card supposed to be e-mailed? For some reason I thought it was either 7 or 10 days, not the 2 days a credit usually takes.[/QUOTE]
You are correct. I forgot and thought this was 2 business days like the rest. Customer service basically told me to 10 business days. Whoops!

[quote name='porieux']Looks like Amazon ended the Forza 3 offer from the OP and dropped the price $8 instead.[/QUOTE]

Actually that deal is still available, but it's now listed along with the seat thing deals. It runs while supplies last.

EDIT: what is gone is the deal where if you bought Forza 3 you could get $20 off the wheel. That deal is over, but the $10 games credit is still rolling. Scroll down to near the bottom of the above linked page.

EDIT2: I was wrong about the end date - it runs "while supplies last". Whatever that means. In any case it's there for now. Changed the above to reflect that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to snag New Super Mario Bros off Gamefly, but left over eca + Gold Box and a $10 VG card makes this a sweeter deal. Thanks Cheapy-To the-D. :bouncy:

Too bad Left 4 dead 2 never got any VG credit /pre-order love.

[quote name='pscrzy']Does anybody have any ECA codes left? I really need one and I have none left.[/QUOTE]

no. and if anyone did they wouldnt give them to you.

[quote name='pscrzy']Does anybody have any ECA codes left? I really need one and I have none left.[/QUOTE]

are you a member of eca, just email customer service and tell them you are a member and there should be a 10% discount, worked for me

too bad begging for codes only led to banning in the other thread - or is it forum-wide?

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually that deal is still available, but it's now listed along with the seat thing deals. It runs while supplies last.

EDIT: what is gone is the deal where if you bought Forza 3 you could get $20 off the wheel. That deal is over, but the $10 games credit is still rolling. Scroll down to near the bottom of the above linked page.

EDIT2: I was wrong about the end date - it runs "while supplies last". Whatever that means. In any case it's there for now. Changed the above to reflect that.[/QUOTE]

No mention of the $10 on the main game page though, so it's probably YMMV at this point.

bread's done
Back