Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was either, from what I hear atleast I didn't grab any of those deals. I don't get the logic of canceling all the pre-oders though, whether for spite or because you don't think you'd get the credit on those either.

Does this make sense? I bought God of War III and Super Street Fighter IV, both had $10 future credit. I got credit for one, but not the other. Amazon rep is telling me the promo is for ONE GAME ONLY. Why did I get credit from Galaxy 2, Redemption, ACreed 2, GOWIII, Mario Kart Wii all in the past month then?

Sorry I should have read above.

Just out of curiosity, on gamestop, if you purchase multiple games with the 10 dollars off future purchase, do you get codes for each that apply to that promo?

Also gonna have to be careful what I order on Amazon in hopes of getting these promos.

I've purchased two GS games (Wario Land, NSMB Wii) that had the $10 credit and have gotten two different $10 credits. The key I think was making sure they weren't ordered together, as you'd only get 1 credit per order. I think that's what it was.

As for Amazon, it sounds like they are only giving one $10 credit per person, no matter how many orders you made that should have qualified. Although, this is obviously wrong since others aren't getting this problem.

It's weird. Who woulda thought that GS was more reliable than Amazon in this case?

[quote name='Altanis']I've purchased two GS games (Wario Land, NSMB Wii) that had the $10 credit and have gotten two different $10 credits. The key I think was making sure they weren't ordered together, as you'd only get 1 credit per order. I think that's what it was.

As for Amazon, it sounds like they are only giving one $10 credit per person, no matter how many orders you made that should have qualified. Although, this is obviously wrong since others aren't getting this problem.

It's weird. Who woulda thought that GS was more reliable than Amazon in this case?[/QUOTE]
That first time the big credit war with gamestop happened, I had a single order of 3 games with 3 credits and got them all. Last time only one game and got that credit. So it most likely happened on the second price match war they had where they limited it to 1 credit.

It's clear neither Amazon or Gamestop is doing a lot of Credit Deals at the moment. So all of a sudden Amazon is being more strict since they no longer have to compete. I think it's complete BS though for them to offer it all along and all of a sudden they don't. The verbiage is not clear enough on their website and that's what allows them to pick and choose what they want to do. I do like Amazon, but I feel they are being shady with this promotion. I honestly thought the stipulation is that if you buy more than 1 copy of the same title, you'll only get one credit. That would make sense to me.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I don't know what's going on at Amazon lately, but it seems like more and more inept CS reps have been recently hired.

I ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes that recently shipped. It came with a $10 GC and $5 MP3 credit. You're supposed to receive the MP3 credit when you place the order. I waited a few days until it shipped and wrote them about it since I had not received it yet. What does the CS rep say?

He said I am not eligible because I already received that credit from a prior order (my UFC 2010 order). Even though he gave me a $5 Amazon credit as a courtesy...it shouldn't be a courtesy at all.

I've noticed this happening to others as well. All of a sudden, promotions are not being received for current orders due to past promotions for completely different games. Either the CS reps are not being sufficiently trained...they are morons...or Amazon is trying to act very shady all of a sudden.

Either way...Amazon needs to fix this shit. I don't feel like I have to beg or correct a situation every time I place an order with one of their promotions.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, i've had multiple instances in the past with a cs telling me almost that exact line, I don't think it's anything new. It may be getting a bit worse though. They often simply don't read an e-mail request in its entirety. My usual M.O is to e-mail them 48-72 hours after my product ships, have them deny it over e-mail, and then give them a phonecall to sort it all out.

Every time I e-mail them I think "it won't happen this time", but more often than not i'm wrong. I used to get angry about it, but it's been so long I now just sort of think of it as the price of business of getting a deal from Amazon. It's still worth it (to me), at least for now.

[quote name='Vortextk']Incorrect. As of so far, every PRE-ORDER game that comes with a credit affects nothing else but the same game. Their deals that are matching other deals, like gamestop, affect the ENTIRE deal.

Ex:
If gamestop posts up 5 games that come with $10 credits and amazon matches, you will most likely only get 1 credit even if you ordered all 5 from amazon(atleast, this is how they've been doing it most recently).

If you pre-order games, you get the credit for each and every unique game, or are atleast entitled to get it per their policy so far.[/QUOTE]
This.

To clarify further, if you pre-order two different platforms of the same game that offer credits, you will only get 1 credit. It used to be that you'd get both credits but not anymore.

I didn't see it explicitly stated in the FAQ (but section 2 sorts of mentions it...), if there is a return of the item I used the gaming credit on and I return it before the date the credit was set to expire, will I get the gaming credit back? There was another thread that answered this, but I didn't post in it and a search did not come up with those keywords.

Update: Nevermind I think I found my answer, I searched this thread. It's is Yes.

[quote name='vince726']Can you use amazon gameing credit towards purchase og game sysytem or is it just for games, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I used $30 of it towards a Wii system. so the answer is YES!

Thanks for this. The $20 credit is great, makes it not as bad to spend $60 on the new releases. Especially when I was going to buy the game early anyway. The last 3 games I purchased were from Amazon with $20 credits.

[quote name='blueweltall']Anyone get there $10 game credit from Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker yet?[/QUOTE]

I had to email them to get mine.

[quote name='Hardware']I used $30 of it towards a Wii system. so the answer is YES![/QUOTE]
damn, wish I woulda saved mine all up

just a heads up to anyone who preordered halo reach. i was just randomly looking over my preorder yesterday on amazons site and i saw a message telling me to update my order. it was because microsoft announced the release as sept 14 and amazon had it as sept 1 before. all i had to do was click ok, but the message said if i didn't accept the change by june 30, my order would be canceled.

Shrek Forever After link is actually taking me to Iron Man 2. Neither game has an Amazon credit anymore, btw. Nor does Trauma Team, ModNation Racers, or Prince of Persia.

Darn, I wish I knew if the PC version of Singularity would have activation. Wolfenstein didn't, so I bought PC, and I'd rather get it for PC. But if it does, I'm sure I'd love it and wouldn't mind paying $40 for it too much.

[quote name='y2jasper']just a heads up to anyone who preordered halo reach. i was just randomly looking over my preorder yesterday on amazons site and i saw a message telling me to update my order. it was because microsoft announced the release as sept 14 and amazon had it as sept 1 before. all i had to do was click ok, but the message said if i didn't accept the change by june 30, my order would be canceled.[/QUOTE] IMO that's total bullshit.

I'm sure this was answered before but I couldn't find a post about it. I have a $20 credit from Mario Galaxy 2 which expires on 7/31. If I pre-order a game now that comes out after 7/31 will I still get to use my credit towards it? I thought I read somewhere that everything is fine as long as I put in the order before the credit expires.

[quote name='imrandy85']I'm sure this was answered before but I couldn't find a post about it. I have a $20 credit from Mario Galaxy 2 which expires on 7/31. If I pre-order a game now that comes out after 7/31 will I still get to use my credit towards it? I thought I read somewhere that everything is fine as long as I put in the order before the credit expires.[/QUOTE]

Correct as long as you pre-order before it expires its all good. But if for whatever reason you cancel after it expires but before it ships, the credit is lost.

[quote name='y2jasper']just a heads up to anyone who preordered halo reach. i was just randomly looking over my preorder yesterday on amazons site and i saw a message telling me to update my order. it was because microsoft announced the release as sept 14 and amazon had it as sept 1 before. all i had to do was click ok, but the message said if i didn't accept the change by june 30, my order would be canceled.[/QUOTE]
Strange, because Amazon sent me an email regarding the release date change, but I was not required to approve anything. My preorder is from at least a year ago, too. Guess it's ymmv. Thanks for the notice.

[quote name='Lucian']Strange, because Amazon sent me an email regarding the release date change, but I was not required to approve anything. My preorder is from at least a year ago, too. Guess it's ymmv. Thanks for the notice.[/QUOTE]

yeah i had previously gotten an email as well and didn't really do anything about it, but then when i just happened to check on my order page on amazon it had that little message for me. it is the only time i've had to do that though.

Gotta figure that Amazon will be putting out a TON of gaming credit promos with the fall pre-orders. I'm waiting for several Wii games as well as Gran Turismo 5.

I've been seeing that where they want me to update the order when they don't email asking you to, it's a good thing I check the page often. Just biding my time until fall when they should of giving us a load of pre-order deals.

Hey guys, just did my first pre-order on Amazon for NHL 2011. (I had a GC that I didn't want my wife to find out about.)

I understand Amazon will give you a lower price if it drops between when you pre-order and when it is released, but can the same be said for pre-order bonuses?

Did Madden 11 for the PS3 lose it's $20 GC? I see that the price went down to $49 and doesn't say anything about the GC anymore. Since I pre-ordered this, does it mean I still get the GC?

Edit: Just saw where it states that it's sold by Target. This is the Madden I find just by searching at Amazon or following the link on the first page of this thread. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J4FW/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER will take you to the one sold by Amazon where you still get the GC

[quote name='Idx86']Hey guys, just did my first pre-order on Amazon for NHL 2011. (I had a GC that I didn't want my wife to find out about.)

I understand Amazon will give you a lower price if it drops between when you pre-order and when it is released, but can the same be said for pre-order bonuses?[/QUOTE]
Yes it applies to bonus credits as well.

[quote name='Easystride']Has anyone gotten their Peace Walker credit yet? I'm thinking I may have to contact Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I got mine a day or two after it shipped. Something is definitely wrong if you haven't gotten it yet.

bread's done
Back