Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']So why not just do a 1C pack with just one Steam key.[/QUOTE]

The discussion started on page 430 here. I recall that Tony's proposed 1C pack had 68 games, versus 88 in last year's GG 1C pack. There was discussion comparing the games that noted in Amazon's pack that weren't in the 1C pack. I recall that Tony explained the differences by different publishers/distributors (something like that). I haven't checked but I'd guess those 1C pack keys on steam are not the same 68 games Amazon has rights to. I also do recall that a few of them weren't on steam.

[quote name='asheskitty']The discussion started on page 430 here. I recall that Tony's proposed 1C pack had 68 games, versus 88 in last year's GG 1C pack. There was discussion comparing the games that noted in Amazon's pack that weren't in the 1C pack. I recall that Tony explained the differences by different publishers/distributors (something like that). I haven't checked but I'd guess those 1C pack keys on steam are not the same 68 games Amazon has rights to. I also do recall that a few of them weren't on steam.[/QUOTE]

I know this isn't very CAGgy of me but honestly at this point I'm not going to squabble over 68 vs 88 games for $15. I'd rather get what I can sooner then to have months and months or more go by and then realize I have half or more of the games in that pack.

[quote name='Motoki']I know this isn't very CAGgy of me but honestly at this point I'm not going to squabble over 68 vs 88 games for $15. I'd rather get what I can sooner then to have months and months or more go by and then realize I have half or more of the games in that pack.[/QUOTE]

^_^ I'm totally with you. I think a lot of us are anxious for the 1C pack in some form. >.> Though in my self-centered view I hope for as many racing games that I wouldn't buy individually.

Tony,

Sort of a general question about Amazon DD -- are you able to offer indie developer games where the developer self publishes? Examples being Robot Entertainment (Orcs Must Die, Hero Academy), Ronimo Games (Awesomenauts, Swords and Soldiers), etc.

Fake Edit -- Actually now that I ask I see you offer Vessel so it looks like, in some cases, you do. Are you able to say why Amazon doesn't offer some other stuff? Just wondering since most of the other DD storefronts carry them.

Would love to see the aforementioned and something like Miner Wars 2081, too (you already carry their 'arena' style game although that's published by a third party whereas the full fledged 2081 game is self-published (at least on Steam and elsewhere). I understand if you aren't able to comment on it.

Real Edit -- (Also also would like to see a Steam version of Alpha BROtocol which is published by SEGA).

[quote name='Motoki']So why not just do a 1C pack with just one Steam key. There exists in the Steam registry several entries for 1C Complete Collection so 1C could ask for single keys to that instead of individual ones.

Yes yes I know some people will whine and complain about not having separate keys but it's increasingly clear that you guys don't have the infrastructure to handle distributing that volume of separate keys for one purchase and there's no clear indication that would be fixed any time soon.

You could always do a single key 1C pack now and a multi-key one later.

The thing is, the longer and longer this 1C pack takes the more of their games that will end up in indie bundles and people will grab them making your 1C pack less and less appealing to the point where when it comes out a lot of people may already have most of the games in it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. Motoki's back, and in full force!

On a related note, it's only because Tony has been so transparent about upcoming deals that we knew about the 1C bundle he was working on anyway. So, firstly a big Thank You to Tony for doing that, even though at this point he's probably wishing he hadn't. Secondly, It should also be noted how torn we all are by wanting to give the business to Amazon/Tony without just rushing to whatever's cheapest.

A month ago, I would have disagreed with Motoki's sentiments about just including all the games in one key, but considering how much of a technical nightmare this 1C pack has been for Amazon, I have to agree. There's no reason such a simple approach couldn't be a quick and easy end to the endless wait. Once the details get ironed out and the "new code" is in order, the original idea can be carried out.

I'd only suggest that the all-in-one Steam key bundle should be a bit cheaper than the bundle with separate Steam keys and some non-Steam games. Even if it's only a couple bucks.

Remember, not all the games in the 1C bundle are available on STEAM. Perhaps the bundle can include 1 game item that includes 1 key with all 1C STEAM games, and the rest of the games can be listed as standalones items within the bundle.

Just a thought.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Remember, not all the games in the 1C bundle are available on STEAM. Perhaps the bundle can include 1 game item that includes 1 key with all 1C STEAM games, and the rest of the games can be listed as standalones items within the bundle.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
Considering the state of Amazon's game download page, I'd actually prefer a single key vs. having to wade through that long page - activating dozens of keys. it would also create less of a clutter in the download page as well.

In Tony's defense about the current system not working for a separates bundle, my downloads page is already extremely ridiculous. Each time I scroll through it I find something and say "Hey, I didn't even know I had that!"

Not to mention pressing the "show key" button reloads the whole page throws you back to the top...

[quote name='Motoki']So why not just do a 1C pack with just one Steam key. There exists in the Steam registry several entries for 1C Complete Collection so 1C could ask for single keys to that instead of individual ones.

Yes yes I know some people will whine and complain about not having separate keys but it's increasingly clear that you guys don't have the infrastructure to handle distributing that volume of separate keys for one purchase and there's no clear indication that would be fixed any time soon.

You could always do a single key 1C pack now and a multi-key one later.

The thing is, the longer and longer this 1C pack takes the more of their games that will end up in indie bundles and people will grab them making your 1C pack less and less appealing to the point where when it comes out a lot of people may already have most of the games in it anyway.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely. And honestly, I don't really see the benefit of individual keys. It sounds like a pain to me to have to enter them in one at a time or to sell/giveaway the games you already have. Maybe I'm lazy. I don't care. This is America.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In Tony's defense about the current system not working for a separates bundle, my downloads page is already extremely ridiculous. Each time I scroll through it I find something and say "Hey, I didn't even know I had that!"

Not to mention pressing the "show key" button reloads the whole page throws you back to the top...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as my collection grows, my downloads page is becoming annoying. I'd like it if it was handled like the wishlists; using multiple categories, notes, ability to sort, etc. (Though I do wish the wishlists would have a user selectable default sort option.)

Of course, it is by no means a deal breaker for me. Amazon and Tony FTW!

[quote name='Idiotekque']A month ago, I would have disagreed with Motoki's sentiments about just including all the games in one key, but considering how much of a technical nightmare this 1C pack has been for Amazon, I have to agree. There's no reason such a simple approach couldn't be a quick and easy end to the endless wait. Once the details get ironed out and the "new code" is in order, the original idea can be carried out.

I'd only suggest that the all-in-one Steam key bundle should be a bit cheaper than the bundle with separate Steam keys and some non-Steam games. Even if it's only a couple bucks.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Motoki comes back to CAG and you AGREED with him on something.....are you 2 dating now, wth is going on?!?:hot:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Remember, not all the games in the 1C bundle are available on STEAM. Perhaps the bundle can include 1 game item that includes 1 key with all 1C STEAM games, and the rest of the games can be listed as standalones items within the bundle.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Some of Steam's own 1C bundles have games in them that aren't normally for sale on Steam. The racing bundle that they just had for the Autumn sale had A.I.M. racing and Streets of Moscow in it. Also the 1C complete pack on Steam last winter sale had A Time of Dragons and I think a couple of others not normally available by themselves.

While I'd love to get my hands on those at some point on Steam, at this point I will settle for 75-80% of the 1C games that are/were on Steam in a big pack with a single key if it will get it out the door in a reasonable time from.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wait, Motoki comes back to CAG and you AGREED with him on something.....are you 2 dating now, wth is going on?!?:hot:[/QUOTE]

We've been spooning with BigSpoonyBard.:grouphug:

[quote name='walkonshadows']Wait, Motoki comes back to CAG and you AGREED with him on something.....are you 2 dating now, wth is going on?!?:hot:[/QUOTE]
Well, normally I'm not into dogs, but now it's got eyelashes in a flower in its ear so...

[quote name='Umair56']And honestly, I don't really see the benefit of individual keys. [/QUOTE]

I think some people want individual keys so they can give away/sell games they don't need or don't want.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In Tony's defense about the current system not working for a separates bundle, my downloads page is already extremely ridiculous. Each time I scroll through it I find something and say "Hey, I didn't even know I had that!"

Not to mention pressing the "show key" button reloads the whole page throws you back to the top...[/QUOTE]

I agree that the "show key" button does need to be reworked to not refresh the whole page and take you back to the top of the page.

[quote name='asheskitty']^_^ I'm totally with you. I think a lot of us are anxious for the 1C pack in some form. >.> Though in my self-centered view I hope for as many racing games that I wouldn't buy individually.[/QUOTE]

I just wish Tony would release the 1C pack so I could stop reading requests for status updates and debate about the pack.

I still don't see the appeal (other than to pad one's backlog of games they never will play) but to each their own. I just wish it could get released so people could pester Tony about other issues -- like, say, signing up distribution rights with Bethesda. ;)

[quote name='Rerujnoc']I agree that the "show key" button does need to be reworked to not refresh the whole page and take you back to the top of the page.[/QUOTE]

Just an fyi for those of you with this problem, if you're quick enough, you can click all of the show key buttons, or those that you want to reveal, and the page will only reload once, revealing all keys for the games whose button you pressed. Sure, they need to redo this page, but for now, that's what works for me.

I think the Amazon Games and Software Library could benefit from an ability to make subcategories or separate lists within, kind of like having multiple wishlists. That way you can sort and organize your games.

[quote name='nategator']........................
I still don't see the appeal (other than to pad one's backlog of games they never will play) but to each their own. I just wish it could get released so people could pester Tony about other issues -- like, say, signing up distribution rights with Bethesda. ;)[/QUOTE]

The 1C Bundle has alot of great games, and some stinkers.

Games I'm looking forward to:

Kings Bounty Series
Fantasy Wars
Cyrostasis
Necrovision Series
Space Rangers series
Star Wolves series
Death to Spies
Men of War series
UFO series

I know these won't please everyone, but I'm very excited for the bundle.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']The 1C Bundle has alot of great games, and some stinkers.

Kings Bounty Series
Fantasy Wars
Cyrostasis
Necrovision Series
Space Rangers series
Star Wolves series
Death to Spies
Men of War series
UFO series

I know these won't please everyone, but I'm very excited for the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Is there going to be a Kings Bounty Series Bundle!? I would buy that in a New-York Minute!

[quote name='dmjohn0x']Is there going to be a Kings Bounty Series Bundle!? I would buy that in a New-York Minute![/QUOTE]

No there's going to be a 1C Bundle, but it may still be weeks to months away.

[quote name='hal']I think some people want individual keys so they can give away/sell games they don't need or don't want.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

[quote name='UW_Shocks']The 1C Bundle has alot of great games, and some stinkers.

Kings Bounty Series
Fantasy Wars
Cyrostasis
Necrovision Series
Space Rangers series
Star Wolves series
Death to Spies
Men of War series
UFO series

I know these won't please everyone, but I'm very excited for the bundle.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the Penumbra series.

[quote name='hal']I think some people want individual keys so they can give away/sell games they don't need or don't want.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the advertised bundle included King's Bounty: The Legend, Armored Princess, Crossworlds, Platinum (all of them), and Armored Princess + Crossworlds as well I think. Basically you would almost be getting each King's Bounty game three times.

Then again, that was pretty silly.

The 1C bundle is a pretty good deal. I'm glad I got it on GG instead, though, because I was able to giveaway all the copies I didn't want so they didn't crowd up my digital library. I can't even imagine the complete mess it would cause on my Amazon. Either way, good deal but the very definition of hit or miss.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']The 1C bundle is a pretty good deal. I'm glad I got it on GG instead, though, because I was able to giveaway all the copies I didn't want so they didn't crowd up my digital library. I can't even imagine the complete mess it would cause on my Amazon. Either way, good deal but the very definition of hit or miss.[/QUOTE]
since we're all dumping on the game library page ;), not being able to gift items gets very confusing. You basically have to keep track of which codes you've given away, and which ones you're keeping. And what's unfortunate is that the person getting the 'gift' potentially misses out on one of Amazon's great perks - namely being able to request a new key when their activations run out, since it's very hard to prove you own a key unless you're the one who originally bought it from Amazon.

I wonder if Tony would like to open a new thread/survey/vote/whatever and solicit more feedback about the downloader, storefront, and the game library page.

speaking of the downloader, i'd love to see an option to download AND silently install a game with just one click rather than having to come back a few hours later only to have to sit through an insall session. ohh, and picking our own download / install location wouldn't be too shabby either...

anyhow, Tony - we're all waiting for more of that face melting, wallet screamin, hamsta spinnin sale...:bouncy:

So unfortunately found out that the Max Payne Season Pass I bought was actually for Steam. That was my bad, should've checked with Tony just to make sure.

Oh well if anyone missed out on that sale and would like it for $10 PM ME! (Paypal)

And Tony thanks for the sales this Black Friday, they were AWESOME!

Broke down & bought the Majesty Franchise bundle after looking at it all weekend. I guess I should thank you Tony for leaving these bundles up this week?

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']The 1C bundle is a pretty good deal. I'm glad I got it on GG instead, though, because I was able to giveaway all the copies I didn't want so they didn't crowd up my digital library. I can't even imagine the complete mess it would cause on my Amazon. Either way, good deal but the very definition of hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about doing that....Needless to say I added 70 some games to my 'available' section in the Steam-trading section.....To possibly get that Plentiful Paradox bundle in the op....

I really wish this 1C bundle would come and go so we never have to hear about it again. Part of me actually fears that the bundle will be so well or poorly received that it remains a topic of conversation for weeks lol. With that being said I will probably grab it, even though I already own several of the games, and I do hope they will be individual steam keys.

My question is though, with the Steam winter sale right around the corner what sorts or deals can we expect as a counter from Amazon. Also great work Tony, try not to let the 1C pack barrage discourage you

OGM Tony!! Steam is now selling the original Tomb Raider's, 1 through 5. Is there any chance you'll be getting these & maybe even bundle them? :bouncy:

[quote name='inm8num2']I think the Amazon Games and Software Library could benefit from an ability to make subcategories or separate lists within, kind of like having multiple wishlists. That way you can sort and organize your games.[/QUOTE]

I like this. the more organization options the better

$30 base price each? Is that a joke? I'm guessing it's just the Dungeon Siege bundle that is sold through Steam that has all three for $30. Still, would like to see the first two offered individually at no more than $10 each... but I guess that's entirely up to whether or not there are separate Steam keys/entries for them.

[quote name='Mooby']$30 base price each? Is that a joke? I'm guessing it's just the Dungeon Siege bundle that is sold through Steam that has all three for $30. Still, would like to see the first two offered individually at no more than $10 each... but I guess that's entirely up to whether or not there are separate Steam keys/entries for them.[/QUOTE]

All of those pages will generate individual keys.

Also, regarding the $30 pricetag...there's a reason you haven't seen me in here talking about them Mooby!

Cheers,
Tony

Haha, thanks! I'm surprised Squeenix is so delusional about setting a price like that when they've sold Deus Ex HR for $5.

Also, if you're still lurking, I'll shamelessly bump my question from last page:

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Sort of a general question about Amazon DD -- are you able to offer indie developer games where the developer self publishes? Examples being Robot Entertainment (Orcs Must Die, Hero Academy), Ronimo Games (Awesomenauts, Swords and Soldiers), etc.

Fake Edit -- Actually now that I ask I see you offer Vessel so it looks like, in some cases, you do. Are you able to say why Amazon doesn't offer some other stuff? Just wondering since most of the other DD storefronts carry them.

Would love to see the aforementioned and something like Miner Wars 2081, too (you already carry their 'arena' style game although that's published by a third party whereas the full fledged 2081 game is self-published (at least on Steam and elsewhere). I understand if you aren't able to comment on it.

Real Edit -- (Also also would like to see a Steam version of Alpha BROtocol which is published by SEGA).[/QUOTE]

Actually I find it kinda interesting since DS1 & DS2 had only been available on Steam with the DS3 pre-order (and some DS3 complete thing since release). No expansions though.

[quote name='Mooby']I also believe they have multiplayer disabled.[/QUOTE]

Right, I recall that. I still have my retail discs so the lure fell kinda flat. If it was DS1 & DS2 complete on steam, it might be a different story. My DS3 order from last Jan (Amazon) didn't include them.

[quote name='asheskitty']Right, I recall that. I still have my retail discs so the lure fell kinda flat. If it was DS1 & DS2 complete on steam, it might be a different story. My DS3 order from last Jan (Amazon) didn't include them.[/QUOTE]

Broken World installs on top of the Steam DS2. I ended up being one cheap for like $3 of Amazon (boxed retail).

The multiplayer I heard you can set something up with hamachi or some such but not a multiplayer person so I didn't mess with it.

I don't think there's a way to get the expansion for the Steam DS1 because they never released it separately. I guess you could probably install DS1 with Legends of Aranna over the Steam version though. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I got them on Steam and would rather have them than not but then again I lost my old discs for them long ago. If I still had them might not have been worth it.

[quote name='Motoki']Broken World installs on top of the Steam DS2. I ended up being one cheap for like $3 of Amazon (boxed retail).

The multiplayer I heard you can set something up with hamachi or some such but not a multiplayer person so I didn't mess with it.

I don't think there's a way to get the expansion for the Steam DS1 because they never released it separately. I guess you could probably install DS1 with Legends of Aranna over the Steam version though. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm glad I got them on Steam and would rather have them than not but then again I lost my old discs for them long ago. If I still had them might not have been worth it.[/QUOTE]

I have the Bundled steam copy of DS1, and the multiple option in the menu is disabled. Everything is still in there so you can put a switch on the shortcut to load directly to the multiplayer and then play. I think they did this because the matchmaking service doesn't exist anymore, but you can still do LAN (and over internet through hamachi and other similar services).

I would be interested to know if these are the same versions, or non-gimped CD versions.

[quote name='equalsP']I have the Bundled steam copy of DS1, and the multiple option in the menu is disabled. Everything is still in there so you can put a switch on the shortcut to load directly to the multiplayer and then play. I think they did this because the matchmaking service doesn't exist anymore, but you can still do LAN (and over internet through hamachi and other similar services).

I would be interested to know if these are the same versions, or non-gimped CD versions.[/QUOTE]

They're steam keys so unless steam has updated their packs, I'd guess it's the same limited version.

Despite the reviews, I actually enjoyed however much I played of DS2 (never finished it) - prob cause by the time I got around to playing it, I was desperate for any DS.

Tony, please consider bringing over more of the older game bundles as well - I'm thinking the quest series (kings, space, police, glory, etc.) and i'd love to have a bundle of the old city building games like pharaoh and caesar; anyone remember those?

[quote name='CheapThomas']They're steam keys so unless steam has updated their packs, I'd guess it's the same limited version.

Despite the reviews, I actually enjoyed however much I played of DS2 (never finished it) - prob cause by the time I got around to playing it, I was desperate for any DS.

Tony, please consider bringing over more of the older game bundles as well - I'm thinking the quest series (kings, space, police, glory, etc.) and i'd love to have a bundle of the old city building games like pharaoh and caesar; anyone remember those?[/QUOTE]

For sure :) we're always working on getting more selection.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey CAGS,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Double Fine has agreed to partner with Amazon on a question and answer session with Ron Gilbert regarding the upcoming title "The Cave".

If any of you want to ask questions about the game post them in the comments and I'll get them over to the Double Fine team ASAP.

We need to have all questions in by early tomorrow morning PST.

Cheers,
Tony

If, by any chance, someone wants to get rid of a Naval War Artic Circle key (Paradox Seas Bundle) I'd be happy to take it of their hands. PM for details/offers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back