Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']So, you're recommending Sleeping Dogs against....Sleeping Dogs itself? ;)[/QUOTE]

lol... I actually thought listing it twice was redundant, but was too lazy to delete. Everyone needs to BUY BUY BUY though. Great game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... I actually thought listing it twice was redundant, but was too lazy to delete. Everyone needs to BUY BUY BUY though. Great game.[/QUOTE]

it was price matched and i cant get myself to pull the trigger even with the coupon

[quote name='Drabelincoln']it was price matched and i cant get myself to pull the trigger even with the coupon[/QUOTE]

Well, if you aren't going to play it right away, just wait for it to drop some more.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, if you aren't going to play it right away, just wait for it to drop some more.[/QUOTE]

will do...i want it and im itching to pull the tigger on it....but odds are i wont be getting to it until i move in with the gf....

[quote name='Drabelincoln']will do...i want it and im itching to pull the tigger on it....but odds are i wont be getting to it until i move in with the gf....[/QUOTE]

It's insane fun. You even go wedding shopping for a mission so maybe your GF will like it too...lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's insane fun. You even go wedding shopping for a mission so maybe your GF will like it too...lol[/QUOTE]

haahahahah , alright..im close to buying it now

[quote name='Drabelincoln']will do...i want it and im itching to pull the tigger on it....but odds are i wont be getting to it until i move in with the gf....[/QUOTE]

Remember that Square Enix drop the prices quite quickly. Will probably be even cheaper on the winter sales!

The current price after coupon is already pushing it. I think you're looking at a $3-5 saving waiting 2-6 months from now. Of course you could always wait for it's inclusion in the Square Bundle 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Finally used the 25% on sleeping dogs. All that's left for me on PC is SF X T, NBA 2K13, COD BLOPs 1, and Sonic Racing 1 & 2, Sonic Adventure 2 HD.

[quote name='Cloulien']Any chance of a steam PAYDAY The Heist - Wolfpack DLC pricematch?[/QUOTE]

This, I would buy two coppies of this if so.

moving in with the gf > SD @ $18 (depending on the gf of course)

And after you move in with the gf, don't buy any game with the words Total War in the title.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Developers and Publishers are doing better under the digital game download model? I'm sure we all buy a ton more games now, but prices are a bit lower. With dollar games like Angry Birds selling millions, are they all better off than the old 59.99 -> 39.99 boxed days?

I was going to wait until the Winter Steam Sale but at that price... I'm sold! Curious though, how big is Sleeping Dogs? Hopefully not as big as Max Payne... That game took forever to download.

[quote name='Darker']I was going to wait until the Winter Steam Sale but at that price... I'm sold! Curious though, how big is Sleeping Dogs? Hopefully not as big as Max Payne... That game took forever to download.[/QUOTE]

It's like 6.8 GB and runs really smoothly :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's like 6.8 GB and runs really smoothly :)[/QUOTE]

This. Just do not put the game on Ultra default setting. You can put everything in Ultra except for the AA, that is kinda hardcore massive on this game!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's like 6.8 GB and runs really smoothly :)[/QUOTE]
Wow! I thought it be a bit bigger then that. Won't take that long to download then. Now I just have to wait until I get hone now to install it :cry:

[quote name='Severose']Borderlands 2 Golden Key Code (posted at ~4:00pm PDT):

W3WTT-WT3ZH-RTBJT-3JT3T-RXKTS[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this.

[quote name='jrodri86']About Medal Of Honor: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/11noab/eaorigin_pc_only_redeem_discount_code_for_50_off/

EDIT: you don't have to be premium to get the 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip but I already purchased BF3 Premium from Amazon because I have a problem with Origin store (Also THQ and Ubishop or any Digital River Service crap) that gives me the famous "Payment Authorisation Failed" error when I try to buy anything even free DLCs lol

The offer is only for those who will buy Premium from Origin Store

Damn! I don't know why Amazon is so slow refunding my GC balance, been more than 30 hours now :cry: I wanted to get Sleeping Dogs for a friend

Just checked my Amazon G+S library. I have another Supreme Commander 2 key o_O Did this happen to anyone else? I heard they gave out extras b/c some people accidentally got the original but my first key worked fine :p. Also, is there anyway to check if this is perhaps the same key (I had to click "View Product Key" to see it, so I'm assuming it's just a new key)?

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Just checked my Amazon G+S library. I have another Supreme Commander 2 key o_O Did this happen to anyone else? I heard they gave out extras b/c some people accidentally got the original but my first key worked fine :p. Also, is there anyway to check if this is perhaps the same key (I had to click "View Product Key" to see it, so I'm assuming it's just a new key)?[/QUOTE]

It's a new key. If you activated it before, congratulations you have an spare one to trade or to gift.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Just checked my Amazon G+S library. I have another Supreme Commander 2 key o_O Did this happen to anyone else? I heard they gave out extras b/c some people accidentally got the original but my first key worked fine :p. Also, is there anyway to check if this is perhaps the same key (I had to click "View Product Key" to see it, so I'm assuming it's just a new key)?[/QUOTE]

It's a new key if it has the yellow button you have to click up again. And you are free to do what you want with the old key if you already used it according to Tony so no worries there.

I was an early buyer and I have only the one Supreme Commander 2 key. I can't bitch because I got what I paid for but it is a little annoying that other people are getting free additional games.

Did anybody pre-ordered from Origin Store before ?

Something really weird just happened with me. I tried to pre-order MOH Warfighter Digital Deluxe Edition with the promo code (I am BF3 Premiem and eligible) and it was around $38. I was sure the order would not complete as usual but for my amazement it did ! The weird thing is that Origin only took $0.99 from my Credit Card (pre-paid Visa) :whistle2:#

Is this normal for pre-orders on Origin or something ?

mohb.jpg

That could just be a "pre-charge" to make sure the card is good. When I get gas with my debit card and use it as a credit card, it hits it with a $1 charge to make sure the card is good, then like a day later it is replaced by the actual amount.

[quote name='walkonshadows']That could just be a "pre-charge" to make sure the card is good. When I get gas with my debit card and use it as a credit card, it hits it with a $1 charge to make sure the card is good, then like a day later it is replaced by the actual amount.[/QUOTE]

That occured to my mind too but there are 2 funny thing :

-For the past year or so I can not purchase anything from my account

-My Credit Card is pre-paid and when I called the bank they said only $0.99 was charged and I don't have enough money :lol:

Maybe they will remove the game if they couldn't charge the whole amount

Edit : oh yeah:

When will my credit card be charged?Your credit card will be charged the day after your purchase has been placed

I really dont' understand pc gaming. can you run it told me my pc wasn't able to run sleeping dogs do to my CPU. I decided to download a demo and try. Demo ran fine. Mind you graphics were only on medium and such but still demo ran fine.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I really dont' understand pc gaming. can you run it told me my pc wasn't able to run sleeping dogs do to my CPU. I decided to download a demo and try. Demo ran fine. Mind you graphics were only on medium and such but still demo ran fine.[/QUOTE]

It all ends up being about the developer and how well they optimize their games to run on PCs. Some do a horrible job and even amazing PCs lag or have issues trying to run it. Others (Like Sleeping Dogs) do a wonderful job and make it so the game runs smoothly and amazing while using the least amount of resources possible. It's funny that less demanding games heat up my laptop more then Sleeping Dogs :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It all ends up being about the developer and how well they optimize their games to run on PCs. Some do a horrible job and even amazing PCs lag or have issues trying to run it. Others (Like Sleeping Dogs) do a wonderful job and make it so the game runs smoothly and amazing while using the least amount of resources possible. It's funny that less demanding games heat up my laptop more then Sleeping Dogs :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah like walking dead I lags for me but sleeping dogs didn't. I was expecting complete lag fest lol

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It all ends up being about the developer and how well they optimize their games to run on PCs. Some do a horrible job and even amazing PCs lag or have issues trying to run it. Others (Like Sleeping Dogs) do a wonderful job and make it so the game runs smoothly and amazing while using the least amount of resources possible. It's funny that less demanding games heat up my laptop more then Sleeping Dogs :)[/QUOTE]

I can also confirm this

Sleeping Dogs with a single AMD HD7870 2GB Card ran smooth at 5992x1080 (Eyefinity 3 monitor resolution) with Max settings (Except Low FXAA). With HD6990 card, it ran with all settings cranked up to the max including FXAA

Square Enix did an excellent job with Deus Ex Human Revolution and Sleeping Dogs :applause:

[quote name='kidrocklive']Yeah like walking dead I lags for me but sleeping dogs didn't. I was expecting complete lag fest lol[/QUOTE]

I'm well above the system requirements for walking dead, but did have lag issues. I ended up turning off character shadows and that fixed it up. Might give that a try... I did not miss the shadows once it was turned off.

Best username ever.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Yeah like walking dead I lags for me but sleeping dogs didn't. I was expecting complete lag fest lol[/QUOTE]

I really think the weird lag Telltale games tend to always have has something to do with the way they handle loading in their engines and is independent of the system you run it on. It's been a consistent problem since the Sam and Max games.

I'm knee deep in XCOM, want to start a new character in Borderlands 2 (or just complete more challenges as my assassin), and haven't downloaded Walking Dead Ep 4 yet, but that's a good price on a game I really want to play.

And tomorrow's payday.

Went ahead and got borderlands 2 season pass for 22.49 with the code. I know it will be cheaper, but still, this is not a bad price for DLC that has an MSRP of 40 bux.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I really dont' understand pc gaming. can you run it told me my pc wasn't able to run sleeping dogs do to my CPU. I decided to download a demo and try. Demo ran fine. Mind you graphics were only on medium and such but still demo ran fine.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with sites like Can You Run It. They just take the system requirements listed by the publisher/developer, then scan you system to see how well they match. It's just comparing numbers without knowing if they game itself is even well optimized.

Best performance indicator will always be demo as the one you tried.

Sleeping Dogs for $20 is a hell of a deal! Sadly I'm going to wait for the GOTY edition of there is one. If not, I'll pick it up on the cheap. Thank again Tony for always booking us up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back