Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='r9800pro']Thank you for the tip but I already purchased BF3 Premium from Amazon because I have a problem with Origin store (Also THQ and Ubishop or any Digital River Service crap) that gives me the famous "Payment Authorisation Failed" error when I try to buy anything even free DLCs lol

The offer is only for those who will buy Premium from Origin Store

Damn! I don't know why Amazon is so slow refunding my GC balance, been more than 30 hours now :cry: I wanted to get Sleeping Dogs for a friend[/QUOTE]

FYI you don't need to buy BF3 Premium from Origin, it can be bought from anywhere but you need to use the link http://offer.medalofhonor.com to get the 50% code which can be used to purchase Warfighter by itself through the Origin store.

[quote name='mnemnoch']Bought Sleeping Dogs for $13.74 (25% off + $5 credit from GW2). Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

Damn you, you reminded me about the GW2 credit, so I had to bite as well :(

Can't get the 25% off sleeping dogs as its only 1 per account, but at the price I may still just go for it!

[quote name='Scouter']is dishonored available for digital download anymore? i can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon currently doesn't have a contract to carry Bethesda games. We know Tony is working hard to change that :bouncy:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Amazon currently doesn't have a contract to carry Bethesda games. We know Tony is working hard to change that :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

oh, i had no clue about that. thanks bro!

If anyone is not going to use his $5 coupon for Sleeping Dogs (hard to believe ;-) I'd gratefully accept it :whistle2:D

btw, I do not intend to use the one for Hitman Absolution ($5 off), so if you want it simply PM me ;-)

If there's any chance of a digital Syndicate for around the physical price of $6-7 that I keep seeing, I'd be in. ;)

Looking forward to the NFS deal next week, if I'm reading everything correctly. :D

[quote name='darkling23']If there's any chance of a digital Syndicate for around the physical price of $6-7 that I keep seeing, I'd be in. ;)

Looking forward to the NFS deal next week, if I'm reading everything correctly. :D[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't the key from the physical copy of Syndicate register on Origin?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI for $2.50 this little gem looks like a ton of fun:

http://www.amazon.com/Interplay-40498Tommy-Tronic-Tommy-Download/dp/B004CLYJGY

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Looks like an interesting old-school platformer.

Only problem is that gamers have been flooded with great platformers or games with heavy platform elements. Just looking at the last twelve months Humble Bundles -- gamers have gotten Braid, Limbo, Psychonauts, Rochard, and Super Meat Boy at the price they set, or for little as a $1 for Steam keys or even a penny per bundle. So asking them to take a look at a colorful classic 2D platformer at $2.50 is a tough sell unless the purchaser is a huge fan of the gamestyle and digging its renaissance.

I would try for $1 price point if the developer/publisher is really interested at making some noise.

But as someone who never was in love with the gamestyle and probably won't pick up a platformer unless it was bundled with something else, I might be too pessimistic here.

[quote name='nategator']
Only problem is that gamers have been flooded with great platformers or games with heavy platform elements.[/QUOTE]

This. If there are two genres I would tell an indie developer not to make their first game in it would be FPS (which are inevitably multiplayer whose communities die out) and platformers. There are just way too many platformers out there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And RPGs and Adventure Games too.[/QUOTE]

I'll take all the indie adventure games I can get, to be honest.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'll take all the indie adventure games I can get, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Me too. It was just a joke about RPG Maker and Adventure Game Studio leading to so many games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Dang I'm all over that Mass Effect / Dragon Age bundle

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We won't be matching that due to upcoming promotional plans...like DA:U+DA2+Mass Effect 1+Mass Effect 2 for $14.99 and KOA + All DLCs for 80% off ($11.99).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'll probably bite on that KOA offer you have.

Are all things sold by Amazon by ea, origin only now?

If so :/
Hate origin.

KoA is a great game though. My top 5 this year...FOR SURE.
Such a good game. I honestly thought it was as good as the first DA...Though they are two different breeds of rpgs, the quality and gameplay.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Are all things sold by Amazon by ea, origin only now?

Hate origin.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, I'd really only be interested in steam keys

those some good EA deals when are they going on sale? is the DLC for KoA going to sold separately as well, just bought the base game from origin and would like to be able to just get the dlc

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

When are these happening? I might actually break and buy KOA nonsteam for that price =0

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will the KoA DLC also be discounted seperately?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm Definetly picking KoA for that pricing. Thanks Tony :applause:

[quote name='gomikeoh']Are all things sold by Amazon by ea, origin only now?

Hate origin.

KoA is a great game though. My top 5 this year...FOR SURE.
Such a good game. I honestly thought it was as good as the first DA...Though they are two different breeds of rpgs, the quality and gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Just be glad that EA hasn't decided to Bioware Tony by giving him a boatload of money to 'roid up Origin, only for him to leave gaming in 5 years to market microbrews.

Although I would happily buy some beer bundles from future Tony in that scenario, so I guess we would win either way.

And by the way, the Bioware bundle and the KoA upcoming deals are great! It will be interesting to hear if sales for the Bioware bundle are large or not, considering the recent unfortunate events concerning Origin's Reddit experiences with promo codes. But it should be highlighted that the new Bioware bundle is a nice little price drop, as previously the DA1:U + DA:2 were selling for $10, ME1 for $5, and ME2 for $5. Now you can get all these huge and awesome (or still very good in the case of DA2) games and save $5!

[quote name='jrodri86']I'm Definetly picking KoA for that pricing. Thanks Tony :applause:[/QUOTE]

You know, I wasn't going to pick up KoA because I got it from Best Buy for the PS3 this summer. But then I realized I can trade it in to Amazon (locked my trade in already) for an $11 gift card! So I just did and now I can upgrade to all the DLC for like $2 bucks more! Very happy about this and thought I would put this out there if anyone else is in a similar situation.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Shouldn't the key from the physical copy of Syndicate register on Origin?[/QUOTE]

They certainly do. Unfortunately, there are usually complications outside of my control that prevent me from buying any of the physical copies that end up on sale for these prices.

[quote name='nategator']Just be glad that EA hasn't decided to Bioware Tony by giving him a boatload of money to 'roid up Origin, only for him to leave gaming in 5 years to market microbrews.

Although I would happily buy some beer bundles from future Tony in that scenario, so I guess we would win either way.

And by the way, the Bioware bundle and the KoA upcoming deals are great! It will be interesting to hear if sales for the Bioware bundle are large or not, considering the recent unfortunate events concerning Origin's Reddit experiences with promo codes. But it should be highlighted that the new Bioware bundle is a nice little price drop, as previously the DA1:U + DA:2 were selling for $10, ME1 for $5, and ME2 for $5. Now you can get all these huge and awesome (or still very good in the case of DA2) games and save $5![/QUOTE]

Fun fact, it was almost a coin flip regarding me working in Austin (you can guess where) vs. Seattle when I took the job here a little over a year ago. You all can thank my now ex-GF, who was still in grad school in Seattle at the time, for me choosing Amazon :).

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Tony any chance for a sale on Doctor Who the Adventure Games, Amazon carries all five episodes and each one costs about $5, would love to see them all in a bundle for $10 or less

I'm adding links so you know exactly what I'm talking about, Episode 1 City of the Daleks, Episode 2 Blood of the Cybermen, Episode 3 Tardis, Episode 4 Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, Episode 5 The Gunpowder Plot[/QUOTE]

I'm talking to them right now about this. Stay tuned. I'm going to pitch a shorter time frame than 1 week to see what demand looks like. If we end up running something silly I'll look to guys like you to make sure we sell enough of it to make it worth while :).

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Do you know whether that will be Steam, Origin, both?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Do you know whether that will be Steam, Origin, both?[/QUOTE]

If we ever distribute an EA game with a Steam key I will type it in giant red letters on every post related to the deal, I promise.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Fun fact, it was almost a coin flip regarding me working in Austin (you can guess where) vs. Seattle when I took the job here a little over a year ago. You all can thank my now ex-GF, who was still in grad school in Seattle at the time, for me choosing Amazon :).

I'm talking to them right now about this. Stay tuned. I'm going to pitch a shorter time frame than 1 week to see what demand looks like. If we end up running something silly I'll look to guys like you to make sure we sell enough of it to make it worth while :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony ex-GF! While you blew it in the romance department, you made an excellent decision on where to pursue your graduate studies. :applause:

[quote name='walkonshadows']Do you know whether that will be Steam, Origin, both?[/QUOTE]

They are EA games, I think this question comes up every time an EA game is on sale from Amazon. The only way to get an EA game on Steam is to buy it from Steam.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Fun fact, it was almost a coin flip regarding me working in Austin (you can guess where) vs. Seattle when I took the job here a little over a year ago. You all can thank my now ex-GF, who was still in grad school in Seattle at the time, for me choosing Amazon :).

[/QUOTE]

Would have picked Amazon regardless. Working under the EA umbrella is just not sensible if you have other options, especially much better options available.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Would have picked Amazon regardless. Working under the EA umbrella is just not sensible if you have other options, especially much better options available.[/QUOTE]

It was a little more complex than that, the choice between going studio side vs. retail was pretty significant, as was the choice between helping to make games vs. working to sell them.

In the end it came down to the relationship, but I definitely don't regret my choice. If I'd chosen differently I wouldn't have had the opportunity to build this awesome community with you guys :).

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, speaking about episodic content, any news of a Walking Dead promotion? The lowest I've seen it for was $15 during the summer -- seems like the stage is set for a $10 or $7.50 price drop soon.

Counterpoint: gaming buzz indicates that they are really knocking the story out of the park so they may keep the price at a minimum of $15, at least while they are still releasing episodes :whistle2:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If we ever distribute an EA game with a Steam key I will type it in giant red letters on every post related to the deal, I promise.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

There's a Mac bundle going on now that's actually distributing Steam keys of Bejeweled 3 by Popcap, which is kinda sorta kinda EA now.

I wonder whose baby they sacrificed to make that happen.

Anyway, I am in for the Doctor Who games and maybe for Amalur. I'll think on it. I really wanted it on Steam and really didn't want it on Origin.

PS - I still have not forgotten about 1C or Strategy First. :p

[quote name='nategator']Oh, speaking about episodic content, any news of a Walking Dead promotion? The lowest I've seen it for was $15 during the summer -- seems like the stage is set for a $10 or $7.50 price drop soon.

Counterpoint: gaming buzz indicates that they are really knocking the story out of the park so they may keep the price at a minimum of $15, at least while they are still releasing episodes :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, its kind of unreasonable for me to go to those guys and ask for a sub $15 price point. They are still making the game...and it is really good.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='nategator']Oh, speaking about episodic content, any news of a Walking Dead promotion? The lowest I've seen it for was $15 during the summer -- seems like the stage is set for a $10 or $7.50 price drop soon.

Counterpoint: gaming buzz indicates that they are really knocking the story out of the park so they may keep the price at a minimum of $15, at least while they are still releasing episodes :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Counterpoint wins here. I wouldn't expect anything below $14.99 until the fifth episode comes out at the earliest and probably until Season 3 is done airing as well. So maybe Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back