Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deus Ex: HR is awesome - and one of the best games of 2011.
If you missed it, GRAB IT - like now. :p

That deal for the Augmented Edition is INSANE.

[quote name='twztid13']Why is Texas mentioned as having sales tax added on Amazon purchases on July 1st? I knew they made a deal in California to start charging tax (and all the political trappings involved), but I didn't think that started until the end of this year. Is that what this is related to? Is it only Texas that starts paying sales tax on Amazon that soon?

I reaaly appreciate any info. I don't have time to look around for myself atm.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, Amazon announced on Friday that Texas has to pay sales tax on all purchases inside Texas starting July 1.

"According to the agreement between the Comptroller of Public Accounts and Amazon, the Company plans over the next four years to create at least 2,500 jobs and make at least $200 million in capital investments in the state and will begin to collect and remit Texas sales tax on July 1, 2012. The agreement resolves all sales tax issues between Texas and Amazon."

I think the percent collected will be 6.25%

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You get all that, digitally[/QUOTE]
That's what I was hoping. Thanks!

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Yes, Amazon announced on Friday that Texas has to pay sales tax on all purchases inside Texas starting July 1.

"According to the agreement between the Comptroller of Public Accounts and Amazon, the Company plans over the next four years to create at least 2,500 jobs and make at least $200 million in capital investments in the state and will begin to collect and remit Texas sales tax on July 1, 2012. The agreement resolves all sales tax issues between Texas and Amazon."

I think the percent collected will be 6.25%[/QUOTE]
That SUCKS!! I need to rethink alot of my preorders now :(. Newegg will be the place to go, I guess. It saddens me. So, it's not the 8.25% sales tax that is the normal tax rate on goods here? That will soften the blow a little, if not. Thanks for the info. I need to buy me a power supply before the 1st of July so I can save enough to buy some of the "Amazing Amazon Digital Download Sales of the Merry Month of May (as built up by Tony, the rep" ;)).

Tony, I saw you mention four packs of Serious Sam 3. Does that mean gifting will work by the time it goes out? Gifting is a key feature that I want to see from amazon!

Just bit for DE:HR Aug Ed. I do not need all that extra stuff digitally, but I bought it anyway. Now I hope the DLC goes on sale eventually. Having a PC is going to be a worse buying addiction than all my consoles, and I can't sell the games to fund new ones :wall:. I admit they are a great price, but I'm buying games I already own, lol.

If I had this PC when these came out, I would have bought them already. With such a backlog, I am hoping I can whittle it down nvest all my time in PC gaming. It's hard not to buy games close to release, but I'm supposed to pass up DSIII? I wasn't even interested in that game, but for $5!?! OMG, I am gonna have this 1tb hdd filled so quick (before I even start gaming on my PC in full swing). What have I done?????????

I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port... But for $5, I am seriously considering taking a chance on the game-- especially since it has steamchievements/cloud support. Anyone recommend for or against it?

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port...[/QUOTE]

Okay maybe I am cynical, but isn't pretty much every AAA game for the PC these days?

Anyway, a fair bit of that sort of annoyance it mitigated if you are willing to use a controller.

It's not an amazing game but for $5 it's okay enough for what it is, a mindless diversion for a while.

In that sort of genre I think Torchlight, and even the previous DS games if you can stomach the old visuals, are better honestly. I wouldn't (and didn't) pay full price for it but if you can't wait for Torchlight 2 and want something to play now it's worth a fiver at least imo.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You can definitely expect another sale once the DRM free stuff comes through. I'm not sure when that will happen though as there are a ton of variables (how long it takes us to actually get new builds from 1C, how long it takes us to QA and put those on sale, where the sale will fall in our promo calendar, etc).

As for the structure, I need to run the analysis and see how this BOGO did before I can comment there :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Tony, It was very hard for me to pull the trigger on the games knowing I'd just missed a much cheaper sale over at gamers gate; not sure how many others felt the same but if I know I could've had something much cheaper, I just can't get past that mental block. As silly as it may sound.
I realize you guys didn't know about the sale (I seldom check other sites - I may from now on however usually if it's not on Amazon digital, I'm not interested), Just some feedback.
looking forward to the May sale. thanks again!

[quote name='Motoki']Okay maybe I am cynical, but isn't pretty much every AAA game for the PC these days?

Anyway, a fair bit of that sort of annoyance it mitigated if you are willing to use a controller.

It's not an amazing game but for $5 it's okay enough for what it is, a mindless diversion for a while.

In that sort of genre I think Torchlight, and even the previous DS games if you can stomach the old visuals, are better honestly. I wouldn't (and didn't) pay full price for it but if you can't wait for Torchlight 2 and want something to play now it's worth a fiver at least imo.[/QUOTE]
I agree w/ all of this.

Torchlight; Diablo series; Titan Quest + Immortal Throne; and Sacred series are some of the best of the ARPG genre.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Hmmm....

No chance of getting the same discount on The Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution?[/QUOTE]
PM sent.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I have read plenty of complaints about DS3 as being nothing more than a poor console port... But for $5, I am seriously considering taking a chance on the game-- especially since it has steamchievements/cloud support. Anyone recommend for or against it?[/QUOTE]

DS3 is a lot of fun. I played it with my 360 pad and it felt like a Champions of Norrath type game. I played through the dlc too which was a few extra hours of dungeon crawling.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Hmmm....

No chance of getting the same discount on The Missing Link DLC for Human Revolution?[/QUOTE]
I will buy this at a good discount :D!

[quote name='MysterD']I agree w/ all of this.

Torchlight; Diablo series; Titan Quest + Immortal Throne; Sacred series; and Sacred series are some of the best of the ARPG genre.[/QUOTE]

I love all of the games that you mentioned, which is why I'm worried that I won't really enjoy DS3. The idea of having to use a controller to fully enjoy the game doesn't sound... well, enjoyable.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I love all of the games that you mentioned, which is why I'm worried that I won't really enjoy DS3. The idea of having to use a controller to fully enjoy the game doesn't sound... well, enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

DS3 is like those games, but is NOT like those games.
DS3 is loot-crazy like those games, but it plays best w/ a X360 gamepad.

Actually, DS3 has the best story in the DS series...if that's even really saying anything here.
It's nothing special, mind you...

I still like DS2: Broken World [expansion] the best of the DS games...

[quote name='MysterD']DS3 is like those games, but is NOT like those games.
DS3 is loot-crazy like those games, but it plays best w/ a X360 gamepad.

Actually, DS3 has the best story in the DS series...if that's even really saying anything here.
It's nothing special, mind you...

I still like DS2: Broken World [expansion] the best of the DS games...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no one should play DS3 for the story.. it's terrible even if it's better than the other DS games. The gameplay is alright though, good enough for $5 especially if you've got a friend to play co-op with. Do NOT buy it if you only intend to play multiplayer with randoms, the multiplayer sucks for that.

[quote name='bizarrorollins']I love all of the games that you mentioned, which is why I'm worried that I won't really enjoy DS3. The idea of having to use a controller to fully enjoy the game doesn't sound... well, enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to use a controller. Trust me, I loathe using controllers and would never do so for an ARPG and while the M+K controls on DS3 (along with the UI and camera) leave a lot to be desired it is still workable and worth $5. The game is nothing exceptional but good for the price.

[quote name='agentghost']Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition.. why only the MAC version available? What happened to the PC? :([/QUOTE]

I just noticed the Ultimate Edition. Besides the fact that it's only available on Mac, does anybody know what the difference is between the Standard/Augmented editions and the Ultimate edition? I checked the page for details, but I didn't see anything.

[quote name='The End']I just noticed the Ultimate Edition. Besides the fact that it's only available on Mac, does anybody know what the difference is between the Standard/Augmented editions and the Ultimate edition? I checked the page for details, but I didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

Square Enix has announced that Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Edition for Mac is now available for those living in the US for $49.99 a pop. Yes, this goes to show that the Mac is not exactly the platform you would want to stick to if computer gaming is your preferred choice when it comes to video games, as the PC is a whole lot superior in this aspect. Still, Mac owners who find themselves enthralled with the world of Deus Ex will definitely be interested in this Ultimate Edition of Human Revolution.

The entire shebang will include the acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link DLC (downloadable content), the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement packs, a 40-page book of concept art and a bonus disc that will let you catch up on a 44-minute “Making of” documentary, check out a motion comic, an animated storyboard to tease you, a CGI trailer as well as the game’s soundtrack which was composed by Michael McCann.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/04/deus-ex-human-revolution-ultimate-edition-for-mac/

Looks like Ultimate includes:
Deus Ex:HR - Augmented Edition
+
Missing Link DLC + Explosive DLC + Tactical DLC

just read the first review of DS3 and u will realize its a obsidian bugfest console port through and through. not even worth $5.

i am disappoint in these sales, almost all of us already own deus ex and well DS3 is shite. plus only a 3 game sale? c'mon amazon its sunday, im off work and got money to spend. i guess i'll go check steam sales. see ya next week amazon sales thread

here is a tip: the more games u put on sale the more games I will buy. 3 games is pathetic. also why is there no $5 games list like Steam has? I can go to Steam right now and see all 661 games that are $5 and under WITH ONE CLICK OF A BUTTON. That is 661 games!! Better step it up amazon because Steam is king and I love Steam. You gotta do something more than 3 game sales if you want my hard earned dollars.

661 lol how many amazon have? effin 12 or seomthing lolololl

[quote name='Archfiend']just read the first review of DS3 and u will realize its a obsidian bugfest console port through and through. not even worth $5.

i am disappoint in these sales, almost all of us already own deus ex and well DS3 is shite. plus only a 3 game sale? c'mon amazon its sunday, im off work and got money to spend. i guess i'll go check steam sales. see ya next week amazon sales thread

here is a tip: the more games u put on sale the more games I will buy. 3 games is pathetic. also why is there no $5 games list like Steam has? I can go to Steam right now and see all 661 games that are $5 and under WITH ONE CLICK OF A BUTTON. That is 661 games!! Better step it up amazon because Steam is king and I love Steam. You gotta do something more than 3 game sales if you want my hard earned dollars.

661 lol how many amazon have? effin 12 or seomthing lolololl[/QUOTE]

Then go spend your money on your day off on those 661 games! trololololoo

[quote name='Archfiend']just read the first review of DS3 and u will realize its a obsidian bugfest console port through and through. not even worth $5.

Tony already said there will be a big May sale. Remember, these sales are aimed at everyone, not specifically for CAGers; plus Deus Ex:HD @ $7 is the lowest price I've seen, not a small sale by any means.

And as many here have posted, I don't think shaming Amazon into giving more sales is going to work.
If anything, STEAM needs to catch up to Amazon's sales.

[quote name='Hop25']Then go spend your money on your day off on those 661 games! trololololoo[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Tony already said there will be a big May sale. Remember, these sales are aimed at everyone, not specifically for CAGers; plus Deus Ex:HD @ $7 is the lowest price I've seen, not a small sale by any means.

And as many here have posted, I don't think shaming Amazon into giving more sales is going to work.
If anything, STEAM needs to catch up to Amazon's sales.[/QUOTE]

Sorry the sale isn't for you this week, hopefully next week's is.

For clarity, we currently have 315 "things" on sale for less than $5. Like Steam's list of 661 "things" this includes DLC and free to play starter packs.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...453011&low-price=.01&high-price=4.99&x=7&y=11

Also interesting that you reference quality of game (Dungeon Siege III getting low marks in your book). If you scroll through those 661 games you're referencing I see a number of games with 50 and below metacritic scores.

Sorry this week isn't for you, hopefully as we continue to add selection and run different sales you come across something you like.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry the sale isn't for you this week, hopefully next week's is.

For clarity, we currently have 315 "things" on sale for less than $5. Like Steam's list of 661 "things" this includes DLC and free to play starter packs.

Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_0?bbn=979455011&qid=1335753092&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A!11846801%2Cn%3A979455011%2Cp_36%3A-499&rnid=386453011&low-price=.01&high-price=4.99&x=7&y=11

Also interesting that you reference quality of game (Dungeon Siege III getting low marks in your book). If you scroll through those 661 games you're referencing I see a number of games with 50 and below metacritic scores.

Sorry this week isn't for you, hopefully as we continue to add selection and run different sales you come across something you like.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

DS3 PC got slammed by many reviewers b/c the game itself is really nothing special; story isn't anything special; controls and gameplay are indeed different than DS1+2; and b/c the KB/mouse controls sucked out-the-box.
[Remember, reviewers normally review Version 1.0]

Even though they did fix the KB/mouse controls in a later patch [yay!!!!], I think the game STILL plays better w/ a X360 pad.

IMHO, DS3 is a decent game and easily worth $5, though there are much better games out there on the market...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry the sale isn't for you this week, hopefully next week's is.

*SNIP*

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

don't worry about it tony, trolls will be trolls.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for sorting out the Madden 08 issue. Will buy in due course.
Have a query - will Fm2012 (Football Manager 2012) be up for sale anytime soon for

[quote name='Idiotekque']How severe is DS3 on graphical compatibility? Does your computer need to be pretty crazy?[/QUOTE]

There's a demo to try for both technical and gameplay evaluation. It should answer all your questions hopefully.

Edit: I have a question. Does Dungeon Siege 3 come with the DLC included or will I have to pay more than $5 to get all the content? Thanks.

[quote name='60fps']There's a demo to try for both technical and gameplay evaluation. It should answer all your questions hopefully.

Edit: I have a question. Does Dungeon Siege 3 come with the DLC included or will I have to pay more than $5 to get all the content? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't come with the DLC included.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Hi Tony,
Thanks for sorting out the Madden 08 issue. Will buy in due course.
Have a query - will Fm2012 (Football Manager 2012) be up for sale anytime soon for

[quote name='UW_Shocks']
If anything, STEAM needs to catch up to Amazon's sales.[/QUOTE]hahahahahahahah steam has daily deals, midweek madness and weekend sales, whats amazon got huh... 3 games on sale in a week?? hahahahahahahahahaha pfft

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, Sega will have some pretty sweet participation in the May Sale. Stay tuned :).[/QUOTE]

I'm glad May begins tomorrow. Will this be a month-long sale or just "sometime in May"?

You've definitely teased some good stuff. :)

[quote name='Archfiend']hahahahahahahah steam has daily deals, midweek madness and weekend sales, whats amazon got huh... 3 games on sale in a week?? hahahahahahahahahaha pfft[/QUOTE]
They cater to different crowds, but really stick around and let them change your mind. I've bought way more games from amazon than steam lately. And really, the steam daily deals are pretty bad.

[quote name='Archfiend']hahahahahahahah steam has daily deals, midweek madness and weekend sales, whats amazon got huh... 3 games on sale in a week?? hahahahahahahahahaha pfft[/QUOTE]

There hasn't been a good steam sale since the holidays. Unless hydrophobia 5 times is what you consider good.

steam tends to have many sales throughout the week, but i find amazon having the better games on sale. just my two cents. i've been mainly just buying directly from amazon at this point.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, Sega will have some pretty sweet participation in the May Sale. Stay tuned :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I hope you can get Sonic Adventure DX in there this time. You weren't able to during the Sega sale.

[quote name='Archfiend']I can go to Steam right now and see all 661 games that are $5 and under WITH ONE CLICK OF A BUTTON

Not even sure why I'm responding...but try 335 digital downloads for under $5 on Amazon. I'll even make you a nice little button so you can click it one time and see all of them:
All Amazon Digital Download Games under $5

Anyways, on topic...very nice deals, I'm impressed.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Not even sure why I'm responding...but try 335 digital downloads for under $5 on Amazon. I'll even make you a nice little button so you can click it one time and see all of them:
All Amazon Digital Download Games under $5

Anyways, on topic...very nice deals, I'm impressed.[/QUOTE]

Technically, there's 319. You have to change the price range to $0.01-$5 to at least remove the demos.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Out of curiosity will Aliens v. Predators be on sale for cheaper than 75% off?[/QUOTE]

Ahhh did you miss it during the amazon holiday sale? I think it was like 2.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back