Amazon Prime for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Moderator EDIT

This is "do it at your own risk" situation thats covered in the new Trading and Feedback rules. Meaning no feedback is to be left for this , as well as a special warning that this isn't what Amazon designed Prime to be used for.
If they get wise, and kick everyone out of Prime - don't expect us mods to worry about getting you your money back (assuming you were not the original Prime purchaser).

End EDIT

(idea is from slickdeals)

A year of Amazon Prime costs $80.

Amazon Prime has a feature where you can invite four other people to share the subscription with you. The Amazon terms say that the people need to live at the same address, but several people from slickdeals say this is not the case.

So people get together in groups of 5, paypal $16 over to one trusted guy. The trusted guy buys the prime membership and adds the other four as household members sharing the subscription.

Then everyone in the group gets Amazon Prime for a year, for $16.

#####

The initial purchaser needs these three pieces of information from the people who are joining:

1) Birth date (Month and Day only)
2) Name associated with the Amazon account that wants to be added to prime
3) The e-mail address associated with your Amazon account that wants to be added to prime

The people joining the account need the birth date (month and day only) of the originating account member to accept the invitation.

[quote name='eastx']I am renewing my membership on Thursday, February 21. Everyone who is interested, please PM me.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

PM'd

[quote name='eastx']I am renewing my membership on Thursday, February 21. Everyone who is interested, please PM me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't manage to get on in time with east, if anyone else is thinking about starting another prime group up, let me know plz; i'm up for it.

I will be signing up for Prime soon (tired of dealing with all the asshats at my local gamestores). If you are interested in sending $16.81 each (to cover the PayPal fees), I will set this up for all parties as soon as I get four invitees ;)

PM me if interested.....

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I will be signing up for Prime soon (tired of dealing with all the asshats at my local gamestores). If you are interested in sending $16.81 each (to cover the PayPal fees), I will set this up for all parties as soon as I get four invitees ;)

PM me if interested.....[/quote]

PM'ed since I haven't gotten a response from chris916 from the other day. Plus I don't know if he even has a spot left since his post was 4 days ago.

PM'd

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I will be signing up for Prime soon (tired of dealing with all the asshats at my local gamestores). If you are interested in sending $16.81 each (to cover the PayPal fees), I will set this up for all parties as soon as I get four invitees ;)

PM me if interested.....[/QUOTE]

PM'd!

PM'd!!

Just as an update, I have sent out PMs to the first four people that PMed me originally regarding my open slots.

texasnightowl has first crack just in case anyone decides to decline ;)

How are you guys taking payment? Paypal? I have no money in my paypal so it'll take a couple days but I'm interested.

I need a spot real bad. I just made an order last night and just checked it and it's not going to arrive until the middle of April. If I do 2 Day it should arrive by next Thursday. But that costs me $14. I figure I might as well jump on this so I am probably going to cancel the order right now in hopes that someone will let me in their group by morning.

I thought I needed to transfer funds to PayPal, but I guess I have $100 sitting there I had forgotten about. :)))

So it looks like 5 or 6 of us here. Has anyone started it yet? If not, I'll do it. If no one responds in the next thirty saying they signed up this morning, then I'm just going to sign up myself.

All spots filled.

And remember to change the orders you make to "Ship as items become available" or whatever. I almost missed that and would have had to wait an extra couple of days.

Okay. One of the four people who wanted to get in on my Prime tried to use my e-mail address and break into my Paypal account this afternoon. Paypal forced me to change my e-mail tonight when I logged on.

Whoever did that is an asshole and needs to slit their throat now. I hope you die in a fire. Slowly.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Okay. One of the four people who wanted to get in on my Prime tried to use my e-mail address and break into my Paypal account this afternoon. Paypal forced me to change my e-mail tonight when I logged on.

Whoever did that is an asshole and needs to slit their throat now. I hope you die in a fire. Slowly.[/QUOTE]

did you get an email from paypal or did they make you change it when you logged on (no email)

there are FAke emails going around if you click on them and check your info they will get into your account.

I got one the other day. Funny thing is the email address i got the email i dont even have paypal set up to that address.

[quote name='slidecage']did you get an email from paypal or did they make you change it when you logged on (no email)

there are FAke emails going around if you click on them and check your info they will get into your account.

I got one the other day. Funny thing is the email address i got the email i dont even have paypal set up to that address.[/quote]

Yeah, I have been aware of spoofing and phishing for years. I regularly report these scams to banks and Paypal when I get them. That's what they tried to tell me when I called Paypal. But I'm not a schmuck. And they have records of me reporting those e-mails. But they said I must have sent someone information by clicking on a link in an e-mail that wasn't from Paypal. Yeah, since I have all of my important sites bookmarked in my browser and I never click on links in e-mails from financial institutions that is definitely what happened. :roll:

The more likely scenario is that one of four people I gave my Paypal e-mail to yesterday thought they were being cute and tried to H4XX0|2Z my account. I haven't used Paypal in six months and haven't received any e-mail from them lately either. Then the same day I let four people I am unfamiliar with know my e-mail address, this suddenly happens. Not too hard to figure out.

Paypal claims they were able to stop the access because of recent increased security. I say if they want security, the login and the access to send money to the account should not be the same. That is just stupid it ever was that way and it is even stupider it is still the case. An e-mail for sending money is fine, since you will likely have already corresponded with the person giving you money. But then the login should be a user chosen name.

Oh well. What's done is done. I still have my money and I have Amazon Prime. I'm happy. I just hate Paypal and childish people.

EDIT: I apologize if I have made anyone feel bad about what happened to me due to my open venting about the situation. I want the guys I made this Prime deal with to know I don't blame anyone and I'm sure no harm was meant. I hope we can all continue to deal with each other going forward from here. If I blame anyone, it is only Paypal and their stupid ways. Again, I am sorry if anyone felt I was unjustly pointing a finger at them. Thanks for helping in this deal.:grouphug:

[quote name='MorPhiend']snip

Paypal claims they were able to stop the access because of recent increased security. I say if they want security, the login and the access to send money to the account should not be the same. That is just stupid it ever was that way and it is even stupider it is still the case. An e-mail for sending money is fine, since you will likely have already corresponded with the person giving you money. But then the login should be a user chosen name.

Oh well. What's done is done. I still have my money and I have Amazon Prime. I'm happy. I just hate Paypal and childish people.[/quote]

Indeed, I wish paypal would change that.

I'm interested in getting Prime... I had a trial of it and enjoyed it till the holiday season started, then they ripped it from my hands...

I think they planned that so I would pay for it.

$16 is cheap considering how much both the wife and myself shop at amazon.

If anyone has a spot, maybe I can convince the wife to get it.

How do the renewals work? does a person re-ask people to pay up then? or what?

I am still in search for a spot. I was also addicted to prime when I tried it during December. It is amazing how quick the packages come. Thank you

[quote name='MorPhiend']Yeah, I have been aware of spoofing and phishing for years. I regularly report these scams to banks and Paypal when I get them. That's what they tried to tell me when I called Paypal. But I'm not a schmuck. And they have records of me reporting those e-mails. But they said I must have sent someone information by clicking on a link in an e-mail that wasn't from Paypal. Yeah, since I have all of my important sites bookmarked in my browser and I never click on links in e-mails from financial institutions that is definitely what happened. :roll:

The more likely scenario is that one of four people I gave my Paypal e-mail to yesterday thought they were being cute and tried to H4XX0|2Z my account. I haven't used Paypal in six months and haven't received any e-mail from them lately either. Then the same day I let four people I am unfamiliar with know my e-mail address, this suddenly happens. Not too hard to figure out.

Oh well. What's done is done. I still have my money and I have Amazon Prime. I'm happy. I just hate Paypal and childish people.

EDIT: I apologize if I have made anyone feel bad about what happened to me due to my open venting about the situation. I want the guys I made this Prime deal with to know I don't blame anyone and I'm sure no harm was meant. I hope we can all continue to deal with each other going forward from here. If I blame anyone, it is only Paypal and their stupid ways. Again, I am sorry if anyone felt I was unjustly pointing a finger at them. Thanks for helping in this deal.:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

thanks was just wondering if it said it in a email or not.

I just signed in for the free trial and im willing to make the full upgrade if i can get 4 others. Let me know if youre interested, $16.81 to cover paypal fees and we're set.

Update: Have 1 spot left and the other is in talks.

Im new here, but im lookin for a slot myself, i never tried it, but 16 n change is pretty cheap i think, pm me info to sign up if anyone has any slots left

[quote name='MorPhiend']Yeah, I have been aware of spoofing and phishing for years. I regularly report these scams to banks and Paypal when I get them. That's what they tried to tell me when I called Paypal. But I'm not a schmuck. And they have records of me reporting those e-mails. But they said I must have sent someone information by clicking on a link in an e-mail that wasn't from Paypal. Yeah, since I have all of my important sites bookmarked in my browser and I never click on links in e-mails from financial institutions that is definitely what happened. :roll:

EDIT: I apologize if I have made anyone feel bad about what happened to me due to my open venting about the situation. I want the guys I made this Prime deal with to know I don't blame anyone and I'm sure no harm was meant. I hope we can all continue to deal with each other going forward from here. If I blame anyone, it is only Paypal and their stupid ways. Again, I am sorry if anyone felt I was unjustly pointing a finger at them. Thanks for helping in this deal.:grouphug:[/quote]

You need one of these,
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/general/PPSecurityKey-outside
Even if they get your login info they can't get in to your account(although there is a hole where if they have some other personal information they could get it but it is last 4 # of SS# and sity of birth, credit card information or banking information.)

Even if you entered the CODE from the security in to the phising site unless they login within about 5 minutes you could keep your password the same because it is an ever changing number.

Hope that helps, or if you have it already hope it kept you safe. Also I am going to be looking for a spot at the end of March once my Trial ends.

Might just buy it my self and take ppls payments depends on what my finances look like then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back