Amazon Prime for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Moderator EDIT

This is "do it at your own risk" situation thats covered in the new Trading and Feedback rules. Meaning no feedback is to be left for this , as well as a special warning that this isn't what Amazon designed Prime to be used for.
If they get wise, and kick everyone out of Prime - don't expect us mods to worry about getting you your money back (assuming you were not the original Prime purchaser).

End EDIT

(idea is from slickdeals)

A year of Amazon Prime costs $80.

Amazon Prime has a feature where you can invite four other people to share the subscription with you. The Amazon terms say that the people need to live at the same address, but several people from slickdeals say this is not the case.

So people get together in groups of 5, paypal $16 over to one trusted guy. The trusted guy buys the prime membership and adds the other four as household members sharing the subscription.

Then everyone in the group gets Amazon Prime for a year, for $16.

#####

The initial purchaser needs these three pieces of information from the people who are joining:

1) Birth date (Month and Day only)
2) Name associated with the Amazon account that wants to be added to prime
3) The e-mail address associated with your Amazon account that wants to be added to prime

The people joining the account need the birth date (month and day only) of the originating account member to accept the invitation.

I'll start mine back up if there are still people who want to share it for 16.80. You need to have been here a while, post often and have feedback though.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I'll start mine back up if there are still people who want to share it for 16.80. You need to have been here a while, post often and have feedback though.[/quote]If I fit those requirements, please let me know when you get people together. Thanks.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I'll start mine back up if there are still people who want to share it for 16.80. You need to have been here a while, post often and have feedback though.[/quote]

yeah, i'm thinking about doing this, so if i fit your requirements let me know

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']I'll start mine back up if there are still people who want to share it for 16.80. You need to have been here a while, post often and have feedback though.[/quote]

I'd love to get in on this as well.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']incoming PMs to Steve, kendro and mrdubbs. I think I have room for one more if 4 is the max[/quote]

Any room for one more?

Would there be 4 people willing to pay like $18/20 for a share? I'm tempted to start looking for a share, but I only ordered once from Amazon in the past year (and its because I had a gift certificate). However, if I could get it cheap/free I would be willing to front the $80 and coordinate the effort... Anyone? Maybe? ...be sweet for me... still a good deal for others too.

EDIT: PM me if interested.

I want to join a group asap cause I want something with the 2 day shipping! Are there any groups still open or are there 4 other people still looking to join so we could start a new group?

Yeah wouldnt making a group make more sense? Some of the people you are paying have different expiration dates on their 1 year sub(unless im missing something and they all got prime today)

$16 is a good price though

You may think you dont shop at amazon often but there are 365 days in the year so theres a good chance you will want to grab some DotD items! No more fillers and much much much faster shipping.

I am willing to join a group if it is not more than a month into the membership, or to start a new group if there are enough people want to join. PM me if interested.

I have 1 interested party, 3 more and Iwill start a new prime account. I am newbie here, but have 100% positive feedback on over 3500 total transaction through ebay. I will only charge 16.80$ for invites through paypal(actual cost + paypal fee), or 16$ if you want to send check or money order(I will not send invite until check or money order clears). Please PM if interested.

I bit the bullet and joined prime. I have 2 invites gone already, 2 more invites available. Please PM me if interested. Jzshore, check your PM.

Only one invite left. first come first serve. Please remember that I will need first and last name, birth date, and email address associated with amazon account to send invite.

I have a question if I were to join in on this prime thing, would the other people I joined with be able to see my personal info or be able to buy this with my info, since amazon will think we're in the same family?

[quote name='gameboykid14']I have a question if I were to join in on this prime thing, would the other people I joined with be able to see my personal info or be able to buy this with my info, since amazon will think we're in the same family?[/quote]

No they will not. They will be able to see your name, email address, and birthday at the most, but I think I will be the only one to see any of that.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I'd like in shhximhiding. PM'ed you my info.[/quote]

I have replied with paypal address. This is the last invite, so first to make payment will receive it.

All invites have been taken. Thanks everyone for the quick payments, this was much quicker and easier than I expected. If you sent me payment and have not received invite, please check your PM or paypal associated email address for information.

I too would like in on this deal. I see plenty of hd dvds I'd like to get in on with the 2 day free shipping. drop me a PM if anyone has an opening.

bill123

whoa.. didn't know this thread got bump..

I am in for one.. we can take this as a trade I guess.. anyone wanna chime in for six people? then we can start this thing? thanx.. send me PM i'm in :)

ill join somebody. or i can start a new one if you would like to join me. im a trusted (casual) ebay seller, so you can trust me with your money.

feel free to PM me

One thing to keep in mind about the "sharing" of Amazon Prime affiliate memberships. Whomever has the Amazon Prime account can revoke the membership of the affiliates at any time, so this could be a messy situation for the dishonest.

Not expecting anyone to screw over one another, it's just something to keep in mind.

Plus, all the affilitate memberships have to be located in the same household. Random audits of Amazon Prime accounts might have some issues for breaking their TOS if they find multiple people in multiple locations on the same Amazon Prime account.

After reading the user agreement I won' t be sharing my account as the temporary gain of not paying full price isn't greater than the possibility of losing my prime membership forever. Sorry

[quote name='mr ryles']by giving someone else an invite does it share with them all my info? Since they are linked to my account?[/QUOTE]

The only thing you'll be able to see are items that are on people's wish lists.

Anyone else want to do this, or does anyone have a spot open? Im interested, please PM me if you have an open spot or would like to start a new one.

I'm looking to start a prime membership and am looking for 4 people to share with me. I'll wait until I get 4 interested parties, then purchase the membership and send out the invites.

I'm new here but have close to 100 feedback on ebay and have been trading collectible gaming cards online for over 7 years now.

Please PM me if you're interested, thanks.

im still looking for a group to join, so yeah im still interested. i've been on CAG for a long time, and have traded with CAGs...just check my rating on here and ebay. i do have more feedback on ebay. (i can let people know my ebay name...shoot me a PM if interested).

or, i can start one up, so if 4 people want to join one i start up let me know too.

tsg2005 we can go in together, just need 3 more...

I'm game as well...prime for $16 is a steal!

only qualifictions I'd need: 1) At least 8 months available and 2) Somehow be guaranteed I won't be deleted off the "party"

tsg2005, Foo228, and mikeymi2...why dont we go in on one then since we are all interested? we would just need one more person.

any takers?

i dont mind being the one that buys it if we have that other person on board. the going rate is $16.80 because of paypal fees.

foo228 - if i buy you'd have all 12 months. for how much you can trust me, i can only offer you to check my feedback and who i've traded with, and i can PM you my ebay name to check that feedback (20+).

i also dont care if someone else would rather buy it and i am one of the 4 who join.

i just signed up, so if you want to join, just send $16.80 paypal to my email address [email protected]. im a verified member so you can trust me. after you send the money, just PM me your NAME, EMAIL and BIRTHDAY (day/month) and ill send you the invite.

any questions feel free to email/PM me

[quote name='tsg2005']i just signed up, so if you want to join, just send $16.80 paypal to my email address [email protected]. im a verified member so you can trust me. after you send the money, just PM me your NAME, EMAIL and BIRTHDAY (day/month) and ill send you the invite.

any questions feel free to email/PM me[/quote]
Payment sent check your PM

I just started a free trial-- if anyone is interested in signing up let me know... not sure if I'm going to keep it, but if there are enough interested parties I may.

As someone mentioned before, if you want a more reliable way to get Prime for cheap, wait for the Christmas deals to come back. I got Prime for a year for $20 and no risk of having my account disabled. It was an easy "win" too as it appeared on the site a lot as one of the deals.

Christmas is just around the corner kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back