Amazon Prime for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Moderator EDIT

This is "do it at your own risk" situation thats covered in the new Trading and Feedback rules. Meaning no feedback is to be left for this , as well as a special warning that this isn't what Amazon designed Prime to be used for.
If they get wise, and kick everyone out of Prime - don't expect us mods to worry about getting you your money back (assuming you were not the original Prime purchaser).

End EDIT

(idea is from slickdeals)

A year of Amazon Prime costs $80.

Amazon Prime has a feature where you can invite four other people to share the subscription with you. The Amazon terms say that the people need to live at the same address, but several people from slickdeals say this is not the case.

So people get together in groups of 5, paypal $16 over to one trusted guy. The trusted guy buys the prime membership and adds the other four as household members sharing the subscription.

Then everyone in the group gets Amazon Prime for a year, for $16.

#####

The initial purchaser needs these three pieces of information from the people who are joining:

1) Birth date (Month and Day only)
2) Name associated with the Amazon account that wants to be added to prime
3) The e-mail address associated with your Amazon account that wants to be added to prime

The people joining the account need the birth date (month and day only) of the originating account member to accept the invitation.

Whew! Thank you for letting us know solsovly! I was starting to worry a bit.

[quote name='solsovly']Just to reiterate, systemfiles prime invite was 100% ok, completely my fault. Works great, just got a book.[/quote]

Now that solsovly's prime is working, my slots are full.

Ok, I think I'm going to do it. I have some books that I need for class ASAP. I'll PM some people from this page. PM me if you want in.

[quote name='shrike4242']One thing to keep in mind about the "sharing" of Amazon Prime affiliate memberships. Whomever has the Amazon Prime account can revoke the membership of the affiliates at any time, so this could be a messy situation for the dishonest.

Not expecting anyone to screw over one another, it's just something to keep in mind.[/quote]
Just a gentle reminder.

Also, it's worth pointing out that the TOS for Amazon Prime prevents the use of affiliate accounts for anyone not in the same household. How often they audit/check is another matter, of course.

I set up the amazon prime thing back at the begining of this thread, I haven't had any problems ordering. I haven't heard any complaints from the people that I sold the extra accounts to. It has been a couple of months, so I assume they don't audit often.

[quote name='rhg84']Got 2 invites left, thanks BHK and Linkpwns[/quote]

I'm interested. Just sent PM to you. Wonder if I can change the shipping option on my Rock Band order now...

who still has invites left?

I just ordered rock band and took 2 day shipping making that come to like 9 bucks, may as well think about doing this prime thing and find more stuff to order

if you can hold it for me, im at work and want to decide didnt know we'd get 4 that fast

ill let you know later Sunday eve if that's cool. Have to get paypal situated.

[quote name='_Sin_']if you can hold it for me, im at work and want to decide didnt know we'd get 4 that fast

ill let you know later Sunday eve if that's cool. Have to get paypal situated.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. So that makes it one taken and three pending.

I renewed my Prime about a week ago, and just saw this. I'll invite 4 people if anyone is interested. $16 Paypal is fine with me. PM me if interested, and I have a bit of feedback here to see. Thanks.

[quote name='nintendospy']I renewed my Prime about a week ago, and just saw this. I'll invite 4 people if anyone is interested. $16 Paypal is fine with me. PM me if interested, and I have a bit of feedback here to see. Thanks.[/quote]
PM sent.

Edit: All signed up! Thanks again, nintendospy.

Hey I've been wanting to get prime for a while - I'm willing to put the $80 up front and have a friend who also wants in. So I have 3 spots open if anyone here is interested - $16 paypal.

Either IM me, PM me, whatever. I'll be around. Thanks.

I'd be interested in running this if four others are interested. Let me know. I figure I order enough from Amazon to take advantage of it.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'd be interested in running this if four others are interested. Let me know. I figure I order enough from Amazon to take advantage of it.[/quote]

sent you a PM

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'd be interested in running this if four others are interested. Let me know. I figure I order enough from Amazon to take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM.

i'd be interested in hopping on a new account if someone wants to start one. I will give you my ebay name if you want some feedback credibility. I'm about to finally buy my 360...yay for no tax! Cheers for starting this thread and accounts.

I've had interest in the four spots and have emailed those that have PM'd. I will start the year term whenever I get four people signed up, which shouldn't take too long based on the interest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back