Amazon Prime for $16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Moderator EDIT

This is "do it at your own risk" situation thats covered in the new Trading and Feedback rules. Meaning no feedback is to be left for this , as well as a special warning that this isn't what Amazon designed Prime to be used for.
If they get wise, and kick everyone out of Prime - don't expect us mods to worry about getting you your money back (assuming you were not the original Prime purchaser).

End EDIT

(idea is from slickdeals)

A year of Amazon Prime costs $80.

Amazon Prime has a feature where you can invite four other people to share the subscription with you. The Amazon terms say that the people need to live at the same address, but several people from slickdeals say this is not the case.

So people get together in groups of 5, paypal $16 over to one trusted guy. The trusted guy buys the prime membership and adds the other four as household members sharing the subscription.

Then everyone in the group gets Amazon Prime for a year, for $16.

#####

The initial purchaser needs these three pieces of information from the people who are joining:

1) Birth date (Month and Day only)
2) Name associated with the Amazon account that wants to be added to prime
3) The e-mail address associated with your Amazon account that wants to be added to prime

The people joining the account need the birth date (month and day only) of the originating account member to accept the invitation.

I just bought amazon prime and have 4 invites available. Please pm me if you're interested. I'll setup ebay auction for it so it'll work out for both of us. It'll be $16/invite.

[quote name='cidilup']I just bought amazon prime and have 4 invites available. Please pm me if you're interested. I'll setup ebay auction for it so it'll work out for both of us. It'll be $16/invite.[/quote]

That has to be the worst idea I have ever heard. Wth would you list that on ebay? I also doubt anyone would trust someone who just joined the site.

[quote name='Troz1820']I've got 4 invites available, $16 each paid via Paypal. They'll be good through September 9th, 2008. If you're interested send me a PM.

PM sent!

[quote name='Troz1820']I've got 3 invites available, $16 each paid via Paypal. They'll be good through September 9th, 2008. If you're interested send me a PM.

PM sent.

You can pick up some really good book deals this way.

I know I don't have a lot of trades on here, but I accept paypal for your protection. Also, you can check my ebay feedback to see that I have almost 100 positive feedbacks. Let me know if you want to see my username. I'd also be willing to call you if you need more assurance. Just let me know. Thanks.

I have Prime set up thanks to lawhorns04. It was ridiculously easy and quick to set up. Free shipping for a year without hunting for $4 fillers!

Better snatch up his last 3 while you can, look how fast freshzen's and almays went.

[quote name='chakan']I have Prime set up thanks to lawhorns04. It was ridiculously easy and quick to set up. Free shipping for a year without hunting for $4 fillers!

Better snatch up his last 3 while you can, look how fast freshzen's and almays went.[/QUOTE]
almasy was going to give two to his relatives but he said screw it and bought one of mine lol

Best thread ever!

I picked up one from a relative....

The fillers were always the worst part about Amazon... SuperSaver my ass.

I just started my one month trial of Prime. I'm not sure I really have anything worth buying, but I'm sure I'll manage to find something! Come September 21st, I'll return here if I'm going to keep the membership to sell off my extra family member spots :)

Has anyone who has gone into this deal had any issues with Amazon cancelling acounts because of the multiple shipping addresses?
I was thinking about getting prime (for the incoming Christmas rush) and selling off a few slots to bring down the cost sounds pretty nice (unless I can wait long enough for a Christmas special on prime as someone mentioned earlier).

Besides the free 2-day shipping, do you get any other discounts by being an Amazon Prime member? I'm going to be ordering a 360 from Amazon soon.

[quote name='yukine']Besides the free 2-day shipping, do you get any other discounts by being an Amazon Prime member? I'm going to be ordering a 360 from Amazon soon.[/quote]
Free 2 day shipping and 3.99 overnight shipping. That's it.

[quote name='yukine']Besides the free 2-day shipping, do you get any other discounts by being an Amazon Prime member? I'm going to be ordering a 360 from Amazon soon.[/QUOTE]

$3.99 1 day shipping. They also actually ship your item on release day, when I do the regular free shipping they tend to ship like 2-5 days after release day.

Another benefit is not having to fill a $25 order for free ship, and I think items that wouldn't normally qualify for free shipping do when you have Prime.

Anyway, as it turns out their "2 day shipping" is actually UPS ground :( I fucking hate UPS, especially for ground. I've had packages diappear for 2 weeks on UPS Ground and they refused to do anything about it because it wasn't an express package.

[quote name='freshzen']Another benefit is not having to fill a $25 order for free ship, and I think items that wouldn't normally qualify for free shipping do when you have Prime.

Anyway, as it turns out their "2 day shipping" is actually UPS ground :( I fucking hate UPS, especially for ground. I've had packages diappear for 2 weeks on UPS Ground and they refused to do anything about it because it wasn't an express package.[/quote]
Ugh, I hate UPS too. Oh well, it'll still be worth it, I think.

What's the overnight shipping carrier?

I would like to offer my Prime slots for sale. I know I am new, but let me share my story.

I needed Amazon to ship something quickly a few days ago. I didn't want to pay for Prime but I also didn't want to pay the 30+ bucks for 2 day shipping.

I looked on fatwallet and didn't see any way around it.

When I went to slickdeals, I read the thread about sharing prime but they have closed it. I googled for Amazon prime sharing (or something like that) and found CAG.

At the time, this thread didn't have anyone actively selling their slots. So I bought prime and decided that I would try to sell my slots.

I sent out some PMs and Ziutek suggested that I post my ebay id as a way to prove I am legit. You can find me on ebay under the user dtsrh. I have 100% feedback from 51 folks. I have been on ebay since 1999. I am not very active on ebay but I am legit! :)

If anyone wants to buy one of my Prime slots, please send a pm.

Thanks!

David

I have one slot pending payment - three still available!

[quote name='systemfiles']I would like to offer my Prime slots for sale. I know I am new, but let me share my story.

I needed Amazon to ship something quickly a few days ago. I didn't want to pay for Prime but I also didn't want to pay the 30+ bucks for 2 day shipping.

I looked on fatwallet and didn't see any way around it.

When I went to slickdeals, I read the thread about sharing prime but they have closed it. I googled for Amazon prime sharing (or something like that) and found CAG.

At the time, this thread didn't have anyone actively selling their slots. So I bought prime and decided that I would try to sell my slots.

I sent out some PMs and Ziutek suggested that I post my ebay id as a way to prove I am legit. You can find me on ebay under the user dtsrh. I have 100% feedback from 51 folks. I have been on ebay since 1999. I am not very active on ebay but I am legit! :)

If anyone wants to buy one of my Prime slots, please send a pm.

Thanks!

David[/quote]

I've taken one of systemfile's slots. Though he may be new, he's been prompt on this whole affair, and it's worked out just dandy. Those looking to fill a slot should go with him.

Thanks!

[quote name='Moses144']I've taken one of systemfiles's slots. Though he may be new, he's been prompt on this whole affair, and it's worked out just dandy. Those looking to fill a slot should go with him.[/quote]

Two slots are now taken.

Two slots remaining!

Send me a pm if you wish to join.

David

All of my Prime slots are full.

Thanks for those who were trusting of a newbie.

Sorry for those who PM'd after the first four.

David

Not sure if Amazon is cancelling or auditing accounts. Systemfiles gave me an invite after paypalling, logged on and it said "Important Message, Your account has been cancelled."

EDIT: Works great! Thanks systemfiles, my error.
edit: update. Looks like I had to hit accept. Completely my fault. Forgot I had a previous cancelled prime account. Thanks Systemfiles, great new member.

On my side of the Amazon equation, I still see that solsovly has an invitation pending.

I am not sure what is happening to solsovly. My account has not been cancelled.

I have offered to help in any way, but I am not sure what I can do.

Any thoughts from the CAGs?

[quote name='solsovly']Not sure if Amazon is cancelling or auditing accounts. Systemfiles gave me an invite after paypalling, logged on and it said "Important Message, Your account has been cancelled."[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back