Amazon Rewards Visa Card Holder 20% or 10% off at Amazon on new order or preorder

blueweltall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
168 (100%)
Use promo code JUL20PER for 20% off or JUL10PER for 10% off during checkout.

-must be a Amazon Visa Rewards Cardholder

-new orders only

-eligible item that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com only

-max discount is $10 for 10%

-max discount is $20 for 20%

-One promotion code per eligible customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they will banned users too, just want to give  a heads up to people who might can't control themselves. I am just paranoid about getting banned from amazon after reading a CAG here who got banned and tried to create multiple different account to get around it, he couldn't. But from just reading parts of the thread it seemed like it was his own doing though. Too much returns, complaints, etc.

Thanks, OP!

I just used it twice: one on a pre-order for the regular Watch Dogs PS4, and another on Dragon's Crown for Vita. I am not worrying about 2 uses, especially how much I buy off Amazon.

Now that I think of it, that ended up being 19.99 total. Ha. Could have only used it once.

Sweet, nice job OP! Pre-ordered Dead Rising 3 and a xbox one controller for the $20 discount.  Should get here on launch day.

New console launches are about the only times I consider paying near msrp for gaming stuff, so this will soften the blow to the wallet a little bit.

Hopefully the price drops in some Amazon promotion or they add some $10 credits close to launch to sweeten the deal and make the $20 discount a bit more of the percentage of the sale.

9 different orders 11 games total for a total savings of about $130 using the %20 discount on each order.

only about 1 or 2 orders had applied the discount automatically, the rest i put in manually.

Nice find! This reminds me of the 10% off BD and HD DVDs for an entire year which was very nice. However, I agree that it's best not to abuse it

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

I have an Amazon Visa Rewards card. Messed up that some people can use it 10 times and others can't use it once.

This worked for me. I used it on the digital version of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. It came out to $23.97 and it comes with the $5 credit. I was also able to place a second order for Dragon's Crown (PS Vita).

Cool... Ordered Watch Dogs PS4 with this, and then redid my Star Trek Into Darkness Limited Phaser Edition with it too... and then I paid for it all with my rewards points.

Don't think I'll push my luck beyond that.

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

I have an Amazon Visa Rewards card. Messed up that some people can use it 10 times and others can't use it once.
Did you select the Amazon Visa Rewards card while buying?

Did you buy an Amazon product?

Wow thanks for the heads up. These codes work for the ps4 launch bundles btw, it's unfortunate they have 10/20 dollar limits. Used my 20% on GTAV SE for a 16.00 savings, already have the day 1 ps4 system only preordered and don't want to mess with it lol.
I have a launch edtion pre-ordered, but I don't see where there is a space for promo codes after clicking "change payment method." Am I doing it wrong?

Edit: Ah, I don't want to risk launch cancellation. Not worth the potential $20-off, IMO.

I have a launch edtion pre-ordered, but I don't see where there is a space for promo codes after clicking "change payment method." Am I doing it wrong?

Edit: Ah, I don't want to risk launch cancellation. Not worth the potential $20-off, IMO.
Totally worth it. It's not a potential $20 off. IT IS $20 off!!

I used the wrong code (20%) when I preorderd the ps4.  I should have used the 10% one, I would have got $20 off anyway. 

I don't really want to spend $200 to save the other $20 using the 10% one.

Here do I sign up for this rewards card? Is it worth it? (in regards to fees and interest?!?)
You can apply on the Amazon website. I personally think it's worth it if you shop at Amazon a lot (which I do). There's no annual fee for the card, but unlike other cards they start charging interest right away. If you pay off the card at the end of the statement then there's really nothing to worry about. 3x the points for Amazon purchases has netted me something like ~75 bucks in rewards so far.

You can apply on the Amazon website. I personally think it's worth it if you shop at Amazon a lot (which I do). There's no annual fee for the card, but unlike other cards they start charging interest right away. If you pay off the card at the end of the statement then there's really nothing to worry about. 3x the points for Amazon purchases has netted me something like ~75 bucks in rewards so far.
is your option for payment your statment/bill off for the card online?

You guys have me thinking of pre-ordering SRIV on PC now; the download has no code, but the retail version has the $10 credit and it's release day shipping.  On the other hand, I am off work Monday night/Tuesday morning and could be playing as soon as it's released instead of waiting for a delivery.  Decisions, decisions.  Maybe I'll blow it on B:AO for Vita.

Torn about using it more than once...does anyone have the details on the promo? Wondering if the fine print says anything about not being allowed to use it more than once. If so, that's the only reason I'd be worried about any repercussions.

That being said, I did use it twice for $12 off my Tales of Xillia order and $8 off my FFX HD preorder. Only other preorder i have is for Kingdom Hearts HD. Might as well just use it more than once? Any way to apply to an existing order, or do I have to reorder? I already have $3 off KHHD since it showed up in my gold box.

Torn about using it more than once...does anyone have the details on the promo? Wondering if the fine print says anything about not being allowed to use it more than once. If so, that's the only reason I'd be worried about any repercussions.

That being said, I did use it twice for $12 off my Tales of Xillia order and $8 off my FFX HD preorder. Only other preorder i have is for Kingdom Hearts HD. Might as well just use it more than once? Any way to apply to an existing order, or do I have to reorder? I already have $3 off KHHD since it showed up in my gold box.
You have to reoder.

THANK YOU OP!!  Got Batman AO with $10 credit plus GTA V Special Edition and got $20 off... So really, it's like getting $30 off, or $10 off and free Special Edition upgrade! SWEET!

Careful guys about abusing the promo code. Is getting a lifetime ban from amazon worth the extra $20? They will ban your credit card, your address, and cancel all your orders.
Hehe, maybe for some. But there's no way they'd ban me, I'm probably their best customer. I probably spend $10,000 per year at least at Amazon, get all my groceries from there with Amazon Fresh, and have been on Prime since year 1. Still, I won't abuse it.

Hehe, maybe for some. But there's no way they'd ban me, I'm probably their best customer. I probably spend $10,000 per year at least at Amazon, get all my groceries from there with Amazon Fresh, and have been on Prime since year 1. Still, I won't abuse it.
Amazon makes almost no money on direct sales anymore. They're all AWS and the Amazon Marketplace (commission income far outweighs their own margins).

Amazon makes almost no money on direct sales anymore. They're all AWS and the Amazon Marketplace (commission income far outweighs their own margins).
Almost no money is not the same as no money. This is also false. They still charge discount retail pricing not wholesale. Trust me, they are making money. I just HAD to use it a second time on my the Day One game editions. But that's it. Too risky to piss them off regardless. I could easily come up with ways to use it dozens of times, but nope.

I suggest you don't use it more than once or twice either because if the abuse is rampant, they will ELIMINATE everyone's discount, just like Sony Store did recently when they canceled everyone's Beyond Two Souls $30 pricing.

Almost no money is not the same as no money. This is also false. They still charge discount retail pricing not wholesale. Trust me, they are making money. I just HAD to use it a second time on my the Day One game editions. But that's it. Too risky to piss them off regardless. I could easily come up with ways to use it dozens of times, but nope.

I suggest you don't use it more than once or twice either because if the abuse is rampant, they will ELIMINATE everyone's discount, just like Sony Store did recently when they canceled everyone's Beyond Two Souls $30 pricing.
Yeah, trust you, because you are...? They had a $7m loss for the entire company in the second quarter, and third-party services and AWS are huge profit centers (not to mention a great source of analytics). Direct sales right now is nearly like a loss center to get customers in the door for marketplace platform. It was already 36% of Amazon's unit sales back in 2011. Anyway, the point is, Amazon will not give two shits about you even if you spend $100k a year on the site.

I was also thinking of using it on Wind Waker HD, but I'm locked in on getting it for $49.99 while it was deducted for a few days last week.

Thanks much, picked up Community S4 for $15 and several Shout Factory movies (They Live and A Boy and His Dog) and Repo Man Criterion for $15-16 each.

edit:

Went ahead and added JL: Flashpoint Paradox on Cheapy's recommendation for $11

Great deal on Disney Infinity! Promo takes into account the pre-promo total for the game, figure, and disc pack, so you pretty much get $20 off the $74.99 post-promo price!

Got me Final Fantasy XIV : A Real Reborn for PS3 for $32 with the code, on top of that, it comes for a $10 credit, so technically $22. Thanks OP!

Can't get it to work for me either.  Not even once.  Item is coming from amazon and am using my amazon rewards visa.

Odd that this doesn't seem to be universal amongst rewards card holders.

So I used the 20% and 10% codes once a piece...temped to use them again, but I think I better not.  Thanks anyway OP!

Enter code JUL20PER while checking out for 20% off. Or use JUL10PER for 10% off.

-must be a Amazon Visa Rewards Cardholder

-new orders only

-eligible item that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com only

-max discount is $20

-One promotion code per eligible customer. Please do not abuse or you might get banned by Amazon.
Thanks a lot for this. I've been fiending for that God of War PS3 bundle. According to the Camel the cheapest it ever got was $279 in June and with this code i can get it for that (plus damn tax of course).

Does the email say when the code expires?

Also anybody know how limited the PS3 bundles actually are? I don't want to wait until Black Friday and then i can't find this.

Dammit Amazon really wants me to buy that bundle, just got free Prime again =P~

Thanks OP, I didn't receive an email about this, which I find odd because I have the card. I was able to cancel my order from yesterday and ordered more to get the full 20 discount. Works on anything that ships from Amazon, I bought Legos and a cord cover kit.

I cancelled and reordered 5 preorders for $12 off each. I'm thinking about doing a few more, but maybe I'll let it go.

Thanks, OP.

Pulled text below from FatWallet, for anyone curious. I didn't see it in this thread.

Small print:

*Limit one promotion code per eligible customer. Promotion codes must be redeemed through www.amazon.com and may only be used once on qualifying products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Get a 10% discount with a maximum discount of $10 on an eligible purchase by selecting your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method and entering promotional code JUL10PER at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount and are not able to be reduced using the promotional code. This promotion applies only to orders shipped to the same address. Products sold by other merchants or third parties do not qualify for this promotion and this promotion may not be used in conjunction with the purchase of products sold by or under the brands of third parties or sold through third-party areas of www.amazon.com. If Amazon.com is not the seller, this will be noted on the product detail page. This promotion may not be combined with other credits or special offers. This promotion is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash. This promotion cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com. If you return an item purchased using this promotion, you will receive a refund for the amount paid for the item. This promotion is available only to customers located in, and with billing addresses in, the United States. Violation of any term or condition of this promotion makes the promotion invalid and the promotional discount will not apply. This is a limited-time promotion and Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time. Void where prohibited. Chase is not responsible for provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

Since I recently signed up for the Amazon Visa CC, they gave me $30 in Amazon Credit. I also used the free shipping option plus the 20 percent off code. Only had to come out of my pocket with $4-$5 for Dragon's Crown so I'm happy about that! Thanks OP!

Canceled Madden 25 Anniversary Edition and reordered with code.  Zero interest in the game, just want NFL Sunday Ticket...and I'll gladly take that for $79.99.  Probably trade the game in on day one to get maximum value.

bread's done
Back