Amazon Rewards Visa Card Holder 20% or 10% off at Amazon on new order or preorder

blueweltall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
168 (100%)
Use promo code JUL20PER for 20% off or JUL10PER for 10% off during checkout.

-must be a Amazon Visa Rewards Cardholder

-new orders only

-eligible item that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com only

-max discount is $10 for 10%

-max discount is $20 for 20%

-One promotion code per eligible customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, $20 off is more than $12 off :) In any case, I'm not too concerned, as I only used the two codes once each on two orders, unlike others that apparently went ballistic with orders/preorders.
You think Amazon's tiny staff is gonna go through accounts 1 by 1 and be like, no "nabor605" only used it twice, we're ok with that.. It's gonna be all or nothing.

You think Amazon's tiny staff is gonna go through accounts 1 by 1 and be like, no "nabor605" only used it twice, we're ok with that.. It's gonna be all or nothing.
Dude seriously? They got these things called computers now. Amazon doesnt keep orders on 3x5 cards. It'd take about 2 minutes to write a search query on orders using the code and a count by account.

Dude seriously? They got these things called computers now. It's take about 2 minutes to write a search query on orders using the code and a count by account.
Spoken like a guy that has probably never come within a mile of writing code before. But you missed the point. The point is, likely no one was holding down the fort at Amazon because it was a weekend, and the easiest thing to do to stem the bleeding (since lots of orders already shipped), is to just put the kabosh on the whole thing. If I were Amazon, I wouldn't worry about pissing off customers either. The customers jumping on this code are, in all likelihood, the lowest margin, loss-driven types that Amazon would love to lose if they can segment them.

Spoken like a guy that has probably never come within a mile of writing code before. But you missed the point. The point is, likely no one was holding down the fort at Amazon because it was a weekend, and the easiest thing to do to stem the bleeding (since lots of orders already shipped), is to just put the kabosh on the whole thing. If I were Amazon, I wouldn't worry about pissing off customers either. The customers jumping on this code are, in all likelihood, the lowest margin, loss-driven types that Amazon would love to lose if they can segment them.
What you and everyone else is missing is this: you must have an amazon credit card to use this. As someone who works in the back-office of a money transactor, the idea of getting people to sign up for and use a credit product is a HUGE deal for a business. There's a reason GE makes billions of dollars in profit and it's not because of it's solid goods sales...

... It's from the credit products.

Believe you me, unless you discounted 100 or more products, Amazon ain't going to give two shits, because in the long run, it's mostly media sales (which amazon sells to get people in the market place) and a few discounted video games is nothing to new credit card holders.

All they see is dollar signs with this sale, dollar signs.

When you make broad-sweeping and potentially factually incorrect statements on the internet, keep in mind there's actually people out there that actually do know what they're talking about and are likely to correct you. GE Capital is about making project finance loans. I'm going to venture a guess your knowledge in credit card processing doesn't really extend to that. It's also the division that sent the company running to Henry Paulson because they were weeks away from running out of operating cashflow, and something Jeff Immelt has been working every year since to shrink.

Believe you me, unless you discounted 100 or more products, Amazon ain't going to give two shits, because in the long run, it's mostly media sales (which amazon sells to get people in the market place) and a few discounted video games is nothing to new credit card holders.
So you're saying Amazon only cares about the top line and not the bottom line? That's a riot.

Thanks OP. Used mine towards the Madden Anniversary Edition. FIrst time preordering a Madden game but that NFL Sunday ticket deal is too good to pass up. Saved $22 with this promotion. I'm so tempted to use the code again since I want the Watch Dogs LE bundle.
Now this was a great idea. I'll just sell the game and watch my Vikings on my computer.

confirmed. Promo is no longer auto applying to my purchases. My orders are still intact, fingers crossed they stay that way

BBB comments, yeah, you need to understand what the BBB is.

Basically, paid reviews/ratings. As long as a business pays their fee, they maintain an A rank, regardless of complaints. No one cares about the BBB. They work on behalf of the company, but claim to be on the side of the consumer.

My business was a BBB member for 5 years, honestly, all the BBB cares about is that fee from the company. They will not do anything to jeopardize that monthly/annual fee.

If you think the BBB has your back, you couldn't be more wrong.
On my first ever complaint on BBB (and last) on Gamestop about sending me a used copy of game when I paid for a new copy, worked out splendidly. So I am hoping things would work out as well this time around if anything goes wrong.

On my first ever complaint on BBB (and last) on Gamestop about sending me a used copy of game when I paid for a new copy, worked out splendidly. So I am hoping things would work out as well this time around if anything goes wrong.
Amazon is not Gamestop. For some reason Gamestop unlike 99.9% of other businesses in the United States actually cares about BBB complaints. Other businesses realize that the BBB is worthless and just a scheme to extract payments. Besides, what would be the basis of your complaint? Amazon specifically stated in the terms of the deal that it was one use only and you didn't even receive the offer, you saw it on a website and just abused it.

Can anyone that's been a long-time Amazon Rewards Visa Cardholder give me some advice? Is it really worth it? Should I have anything to worry about as long as I pay the bill on-time/in advanced? How do you pay the bill? Also, can the $50 credit you get by signing up be used on a current pre-order? (Xbox One)

I can't get this promo to work, for whatever reason. Am I missing something? I'm purchasing an item sold by Amazon on an account linked to a Rewards Visa card, so I don't think it's either of those.

Can anyone that's been a long-time Amazon Rewards Visa Cardholder give me some advice? Is it really worth it? Should I have anything to worry about as long as I pay the bill on-time/in advanced? How do you pay the bill? Also, can the $50 credit you get by signing up be used on a current pre-order? (Xbox One)
I think it is worth it if you buy a lot on amazon. You can pay your bills by direct deposit from your bank account. And yes you can apply credit on existing order.

I think it is worth it if you buy a lot on amazon. You can pay your bills by direct deposit from your bank account. And yes you can apply credit on existing order.

Two questions you have to ask:

1. Do you have another rewards card that usually pays 5%? Like Discover or Citi or Chase Freedom? Because if you do, then you can pretty much always get 5% off amazon purchases by buying gift cards.

2. Do you buy a lot of things that require warranty. I only really use my Amazon Visa (3% cash back) on amazon purchases that are electronics related because Visa Signature doubles the warranty. (which gift cards don't do.)

After some anticipation, the two items that I ordered with this code and really care about (bed frame and mattress) both changed from shipping now to shipped over the last hour or so.

Getting the X1 stuff I preordered with this is just icing on the cake now.

I can't get this promo to work, for whatever reason. Am I missing something? I'm purchasing an item sold by Amazon on an account linked to a Rewards Visa card, so I don't think it's either of those.
Same here. I stuck in four of their on-sale MST3K sets, went to checkout using my Amazon Visa as usual, put in the JUL20PER code (which I hadn't yet used), and am getting

There was a problem
  • The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

This works on online codes for MS points as well, it would appear.  I've got a 4000 point code sitting waiting for checkout, and it only costs 38.79 (48.49 amazon price, -20% off).  On top of that, it's still letting me use my trade credit rather than my CC.  I've been tinkering with this, and can't get it to work on pre-orders (using trade credit instead of CC), but it appears to work on anything currently available and sold by Amazon.

It all depends on your credit rating. If you have lousy credit, your gonna get a terrible rate. But as long as your disciplined enough to pay your balance on time every month its no big deal.

No one can tell you if its worth it to you. If you have no other visa cards and shop on amazon a lot, then probably is worth it. It all depends on your credit rating. Its not the lowest rate card out there, but its not the highest either. If you have excellent credit, you probably have an equivalent or better card already. If you have shit credit/never had a credit card before, your about to get stung.

On topic, My split promo order of BF4 and Dragons crown, the DC part just shipped, and all my other promos have stuck so far. I think were good on this one holding its deal.

I've had the card for years and loved it... I do most of my purchases on Amazon so rewards rack up nicely..can apply points instantly to orders. APR aint the best so keep an eye on it and try to pay off as much as you can monthly

Can anyone confirm this deal is still working? I cannot get it to work with my order (new item, sold by amazon, using Amazon CC)
I just tested it with an item and 10% did apply.. I didn't actually order since im guessing the 10% off will only work one time. I miss the 20% off but i did get in a few orders for pretty much every game i wanted for rest of year.

Not working for me anymore, even though I've never used any of the codes, damn it, I always order a day late.

Update: Was able to call in to Amazon CS and get a $20 credit for my order, Amazon CS great as always.

Glad to see those who ordered a non-preorder item got their items fulfilled with the discounts.  I kind of wish I tacked on the discounts to more of my preorders than just two now, in retrospect.

Glad to see those who ordered a non-preorder item got their items fulfilled with the discounts. I kind of wish I tacked on the discounts to more of my preorders than just two now, in retrospect.
I cancelled 5 preorders and reorder them and 20% applied automatically without entering the code. I don't think Amazon is going to cancel my orders. lol

Placed 2 orders last night, one with 20% off and one with 10% off. And just now I placed an order from my phone and got the 10% off again. So it may not be fixed apparently.

New Super Luigi U- $26.99   $3 savings

Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus- $6 savings

LoZ Link Between Worlds- $31.97 $8 savings (ordered 2)

Super Mario 3D World- $17.52 $12 savings (took off $30 from rewards points)

Total savings: $37

Love saving money on games I would've purchased regardless. Thanks OP!

The 10% is still working for me without inputting it...I used the 20% on a bunch of preorders and that's not working, but the 10% is still alive. Could be a YMMV deal I guess.

The 10% is still working for me without inputting it...I used the 20% on a bunch of preorders and that's not working, but the 10% is still alive. Could be a YMMV deal I guess.
I might just pre-order Madden 25 and contact CS to see if they could apply it after the order.

Also, I should be getting some trade-in credit soon. Could I pre-order now and change my payment method to credit later?

I might just pre-order Madden 25 and contact CS to see if they could apply it after the order.

Also, I should be getting some trade-in credit soon. Could I pre-order now and change my payment method to credit later?
Are you trying to get the $100 version that comes with the Direct Tv package? Very possible that they aren't allowing any discounts on that due to the unique package.

Are you trying to get the $100 version that comes with the Direct Tv package? Very possible that they aren't allowing any discounts on that due to the unique package.
Yes, but I also tried an Xbox One pre-order and The Last of Us. Nothing works for me.

*I think I saw someone on SD say that the discount actually will go through after I place the order, but it won't show up before I click the submit order button. Don't want to test it though.

Has anyone who used the promocode to pre-order Dragon's Crown had their copy shipped?

I put down an order on Sunday and it still says, 'Not Yet Shipped' not even a 'Shipping Now' despite the game coming out today.

I hope I still get the art book and that this isn't some kind of backlash for using the 20%-off code multiple times. >_>

Has anyone who used the promocode to pre-order Dragon's Crown had their copy shipped?

I put down an order on Sunday and it still says, 'Not Yet Shipped' not even a 'Shipping Now' despite the game coming out today.

I hope I still get the art book and that this isn't some kind of backlash for using the 20%-off code multiple times. >_>
Got mine today (Vita) with artbook, and i ordered late due to this promo

Mine just shipped today.

Are you waiting on multiple orders with FSSS? If they are available for shipping around the same time, they tend to wait and ship those orders together. At least, that's what they have been doing with my orders.

Mine just shipped today.

Are you waiting on multiple orders with FSSS? If they are available for shipping around the same time, they tend to wait and ship those orders together. At least, that's what they have been doing with my orders.
I switch to Two-Day Shipping since I have prime and it's been shipped out. It is in the same location as a few of my other items, so it's still probably going to be all sent together.

Hope I still get that art book.

Has anyone by chance tried cancelling one of their 20% preorders and tried to place a new order to see if the promotion is applied to the new order?

bread's done
Back